PDA

View Full Version : [OOC]Devastation Ark

Pages : [1] 2

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-06, 12:03 PM
Feel free to pull up a chair at the space bar and talk about whatever is on your mind. I'll pour 1 of whatever you want, but after that it'll cost you! :smallwink:

The game thread can be found here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?653926-Devastation-Ark&p=25701142#post25701142).

Roll any dice here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?653928-Devastating-Die-Rolls&p=25701147#post25701147).

JSQX96KFWJ - Tier 13
Large Destroyer
Speed 10; average (+0 Piloting, turn 3)
AC 18; TL 17
HP 210; DT —; CT 30
Shields Heavy Shields 420 (forward 105, port 105, starboard 105, aft 105)
Attack
-forward arc (2 heavy) Gatling Cannon
-port arc (1 light) Laser Net
-starboard arc (1 light) Laser Net
-aft arc (1 light) Laser Net
-turret (1 heavy) Persistent Particle Beam
Power Core Gateway Heavy (400 PCU);
Drift Engine Signal Booster
Computer Mk 5 Duonode
Sensors Advanced Long-Range
Armor Mk 9 armor
Defensive Countermeasures Mk 10 Defenses
Expansion Bays Medical Bay, Science Lab, Tech Workshop
Systems Consciousness Uplink Drive
Crew
Minimum Crew 6; Maximum Crew 20

PCU 357/400

399/400
Destroyer Frame 30 BP
Gateway Heavy 50 BP
Heavy Shields 420 30 BP/90 PCU
Signal Booster 20 BP/100 PCU (When used)
L10 Thrusters 10 BP/120 PCU
Mk 5 Duonode 50 BP/ 30 PCU
Advanced Long-Range Sensor 16 BP
Mk 9 armor 88 BP
Mk 10 defenses 27 BP/13 PCU

Medical Bay 8 BP/4 PCU
Science Lab 1 BP/2 PCU
Tech Workship 1 BP/3 PCU
Consciousness Uplink Drive 4 PB
Crew Quarters (Good) 2 BP
Biometric Locks 5 BP
Anti-Hacking Systems 3 BP

Upgrade Weapon Mount to heavy (turret) 6 BP
Persistent Particle Beam 25 BP/40 PCU
Laser Net x3 27 BP/30 PCU
Gatling Cannon x1 20 BP/ 20 PCU

Player
Character
Species
Classes

grumblyarcher
FAR-US (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2745698)
Android
Nanocyte

ahyangyi
Akifansha (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748730)
Sylph
Technomancer

Lord Bayushi
Kisada Ironscale (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748858)
Uplifted Bear
Soldier 1/Mechanic 12

Lord Bayushi
Iron Scanda Drone (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748966)
Artillery Drone
Class Feature

Feathersnow
ICARUS-II (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748594)
SRO
Tyrrant

Kvard51
Isar Kveldhrafn (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748620)
Svartalfar
Precog

DrK
Delta V -248 (Delta) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748707)
Android
Soldier

Ridai
Ramshackle (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748738)
Android
Operative

ahyangyi
2023-02-06, 01:43 PM
I stared at my keyboard and wondered why would you pour anything on the space bar :smallredface:

Akifansha's character sheet is here (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748730).

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-06, 01:53 PM
Good call, I will copy over the character sheet table into the top post here for record keeping.

Lord Bayushi
2023-02-06, 02:00 PM
Throwing down a link for my drone (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748966).

*Begins reconfiguring my keyboard's space bar into a cup of some kind.*

You have to do it like this.

Kvard51
2023-02-06, 02:52 PM
Checking in. Rolled a little Culture in the Dice thread.

Kvard51
2023-02-06, 02:54 PM
Also, I'm happy to add Skill Focus Acrobatics if we think I'd best serve as Chief Mate.

Ridai
2023-02-06, 03:14 PM
I think I'll let Ramshackle talk in dark orange, the halfway house between the color of copyrighted-but-universally-known medic symbols (and blood and general warnings and evil lasers), as well as the other warning color, this one of the weirdly ubiquitous stripes on space floors and around space doors surrounded by shallow angles.

As for the Chief Mate position, I think you'll do fine as is, my quick run-down of "best in role" was mostly theoretical rather than practical if we absolutely, positively want the best modifiers we have in the most roles. Unless I misunderstand how the crew system works, roles can be switched at-will at the start of a round, so given we have a pretty multi-talented crew, we can probably just decide from round to round who does what, or double up on some roles if necessary and the like. We might not even need the best possible modifier for a job each round and can also distribute people accordingly.

tl;dr: Only add the Skill Focus if you want to have it, and if it would also benefit you outside of starship combat. At least that is my opinion on the matter.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-06, 03:40 PM
I think I'll let Ramshackle talk in dark orange, the halfway house between the color of copyrighted-but-universally-known medic symbols (and blood and general warnings and evil lasers), as well as the other warning color, this one of the weirdly ubiquitous stripes on space floors and around space doors surrounded by shallow angles......

Good catch. Everyone pick a color for speech for ease of differentiating quickly.

Ridai
2023-02-06, 03:42 PM
@rogue: Are the languages of the Kishalee and the Sivvs available as learnable languages via Culture? Ramshackle has three language slots still unspent, so given she is already an extreme polyglot, maybe she learned what is known about either of them as prep (and to pass the time in transit).

Also, given we are deploying to a very cold planet, would it be okay to buy a Thermal Capacitor armor upgrade ahead of going there?

grumblyarcher
2023-02-06, 03:49 PM
Will post tonight.

Anyone that wants to be along on FAR-US's ship are more than welcome, either as crew or working passengers as the ship has been chartered for this expedition.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-06, 04:01 PM
@rogue: Are the languages of the Kishalee and the Sivvs available as learnable languages via Culture? Ramshackle has three language slots still unspent, so given she is already an extreme polyglot, maybe she learned what is known about either of them as prep (and to pass the time in transit).

Also, given we are deploying to a very cold planet, would it be okay to buy a Thermal Capacitor armor upgrade ahead of going there?

The languages are millions of years old and not recorded anywhere to learn. However, if you can find source material (maybe during the course of your investigation), learning the language is definitely a thing you can start doing. I guess there are some pictures of the ruins from the original exploration of the Kishalee through the Starfinder Society, that could give you a start on that language, but no good records of the Sivvs language or culture survived the millions of years since their fall.

Also go for upgrading armor based on anything I've posted so far.

Lord Bayushi
2023-02-06, 04:02 PM
Kisada will speak in bold dark blue.

Feathersnow
2023-02-06, 04:16 PM
Unit: ICARUS-II will address you in red

Here is my character sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748594)

Ridai
2023-02-06, 04:18 PM
The languages are millions of years old and not recorded anywhere to learn. However, if you can find source material (maybe during the course of your investigation), learning the language is definitely a thing you can start doing. I guess there are some pictures of the ruins from the original exploration of the Kishalee through the Starfinder Society, that could give you a start on that language, but no good records of the Sivvs language or culture survived the millions of years since their fall.

Also go for upgrading armor based on anything I've posted so far.

Sounds good. I'll have Ram look into the subject of learning/reconstructing the languages as things go to pass the time and maybe move research along.

I added a Thermal Capacitor Mk I to Ram, equipping it to her android upgrade slot. Better to have it there than on her plexigrass suit, just in case something goes really wrong.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-06, 07:30 PM
FAR-US will use bold purple

DrK
2023-02-07, 12:16 PM
Delta is here as well now. As i post from a phone I often post in bold (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2748707)

ahyangyi
2023-02-07, 02:56 PM
Akifansha will speak in... blue-grey?

Kvard51
2023-02-07, 04:04 PM
OK, Isar will switch to Dark Green from Dark Slate Gray based on Akifansha's choice that I had not seen when I posted...

grumblyarcher
2023-02-08, 12:17 PM
Oh, hey, something I should probably point out is that FAR-US is going to be very hard on terrain and surroundings. All their weapons will have the 'penetrating' trait and high damage regardless.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-08, 02:47 PM
Let me know if I missed addressing something. I am not trying to purposefully ignore anyone or anything, but with 7 people doing things it will be easy to overlook something.

Ridai
2023-02-08, 04:17 PM
I'm okay with handling scenes like this like you have. It's not a critical scene, we can still get in roleplaying, helps get the ball rolling to when we do need to decide how to proceed.

Lord Bayushi
2023-02-08, 04:34 PM
Likewise, it helps to push through some interactions due to the format. I'm sure we can all be flexible enough to allow for a little bit of railroading in the name of forward movement.

DrK
2023-02-08, 04:45 PM
Its always needed to railroad slightly in PbP to avoid things stalling :smallsmile:

Kvard51
2023-02-09, 10:17 AM
Its always needed to railroad slightly in PbP to avoid things stalling :smallsmile:

Mild railroading is always needed, period. Unless you have a very experienced party who are familiar with your style. Even in "sandbox" adventures.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-09, 02:29 PM
@grumblyarcher, your reaction is perfectly reasonable, but they are not overtly hostile, just something changes in the way they are observing that feels out of place to you, like something nefarious is trying to hijack the system, but hasn't yet.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-09, 02:36 PM
@grumblyarcher, your reaction is perfectly reasonable, but they are not overtly hostile, just something changes in the way they are observing that feels out of place to you, like something nefarious is trying to hijack the system, but hasn't yet.

I figured. FAR-US just has zero chill even in the snowstorm. They are something of a blunt instrument and very much of the opinion that there is no such thing as 'overkill'

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-10, 02:48 AM
Oh and I'm going out of town for the weekend, so I will be a bit slower to update until Monday.

Ridai
2023-02-13, 03:18 PM
How long would it take to look into the hacking situation?

Ramshackle can also serve as navigator with Survival +23, if needed.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-14, 08:57 AM
How long would it take to look into the hacking situation?

Ramshackle can also serve as navigator with Survival +23, if needed.

Akifansha can do that in the amount of time it takes Ramshackle to talk to Janus, it isn't too hard to monitor the system and see what is happening. If you are wanting to actively counterhack whatever is happening, that is going to be a lot harder, as the invading code is in an unknown alien language and the security protocols are pretty tight.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-14, 10:13 AM
One of my minor gear arrays is a Advanced Autograpnel. Is Delta targetable with that or has she sunk too far into the snow?

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-14, 10:43 AM
One of my minor gear arrays is a Advanced Autograpnel. Is Delta targetable with that or has she sunk too far into the snow?

yes, she is targetable. Her chest, arms and head are still sticking up, she has just sunk too far and the snow is too soft to easily free herself. Struggling ineffectually (failing her Athletics DC) will cause her to sink further.

I'll say it's DC 15 to target her effectively, as she is presumably not dodging and is probably trying to help get the grappler, but there is a lot of snow and wind to aim through.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-14, 11:15 AM
FAR-US the Swiss Army knife is here to help!

DrK
2023-02-14, 02:19 PM
Delta athletics [roll0]

ahyangyi
2023-02-14, 02:36 PM
I'd ignore the hacking situation for now.

While it made sense to do the non-time-consuming stuff such as diagnosing and reporting, the actual counter-hack is probably too time-consuming even if it works.

Also, we are already in the stuck-in-snow situation now...

EDIT: Akifansha only tries to help by holding the autograppler cable as if joining a tug-of-war team, and she definitely can't pass a DC 29 athletic check...

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-15, 07:36 AM
I tried to use your speech colors for rings around your character to make it easy to identify. The robot should be spottable, I just put the marker at the last place you saw it before it went around the building. Let me know if I can do anything to make it clearer. I used the pictures from your character sheets, though some of you didn't have any, so I used the generic picture of your race from the SRD.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-15, 11:07 AM
@Ridai, I wouldn't say stealthing has no point here. If anything, having FAR-US potentially draw attention away would be useful

Ridai
2023-02-15, 11:32 AM
Since Hiding while Running doesn't work because of conflicting action types, I went for the half-way house of double-moving for 160ft around the plaza while Hiding and making use of Ram's 60ft Blindsense.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-15, 03:00 PM
Everyone go ahead and do initiative rolls too. You've found something. I'll make my next update go ahead and have who goes. I like to do All PCs in initiative order, then bad guys. But within the PCs most of the time your action doesn't depend on anyone else, so you can just post whenever. If you need to wait until someone else posts, that's fine too.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-15, 03:12 PM
That's a solid 25 from FAR-US

Lord Bayushi
2023-02-15, 03:56 PM
24 for Kisada and the drone.

Feathersnow
2023-02-15, 04:20 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Exciting!

DrK
2023-02-15, 05:28 PM
Initiative [roll0] for Delta

grumblyarcher
2023-02-16, 11:50 AM
I've got no idea why but it looks like I cannot roll my damage...

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-16, 11:53 AM
@Feathersnow, just a note that you must Convictions are language-dependent, so you have to share a language to be able to command it, and unfortunately outsiders rarely speak common. You also have not filled out your languages on your character sheet. I would also like you to finish filling out your class, homeworld, deity, alignment, etc at the top as well as a physical description on your character sheet. You started off knowing common and the language of your planet you choose (SRO's have no native tongue), plus 2 more for your Int modifier. Then with your theme and 13 ranks in Culture, you know 26 more languages. I know that includes most of them, but I need a list to make sure.

Feathersnow
2023-02-16, 11:53 AM
I've got no idea why but it looks like I cannot roll my damage...

Maybe the macro got confused by you adding dice types?

Feathersnow
2023-02-16, 11:55 AM
@Feathersnow, just a note that you must Convictions are language-dependent, so you have to share a language to be able to command it, and unfortunately outsiders rarely speak common. You also have not filled out your languages on your character sheet. I would also like you to finish filling out your class, homeworld, deity, alignment, etc at the top as well as a physical description on your character sheet. You started off knowing common and the language of your planet you choose (SRO's have no native tongue), plus 2 more for your Int modifier. Then with your theme and 13 ranks in Culture, you know 26 more languages. I know that includes most of them, but I need a list to make sure.

Oops. Will do. I'm unsure what languages there are in this setting.

Edit- done.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-16, 12:02 PM
Maybe the macro got confused by you adding dice types?

That might have been it, got it now

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-16, 12:46 PM
Oops. Will do. I'm unsure what languages there are in this setting.

Here are some good choices for language. (https://aonsrd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=64) You will encounter a few of them, but the main bad guys are ancient and their language is lost to time, so there isn't a single great option, though when you take more ranks in culture in the future, you can add knowledge of these new alien languages, if you spend game time interacting with and studying them.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-16, 01:04 PM
Okay, I think I got everything in place. Forgot about my Spreading Swarm ability at first but got that edited in to my post and these things definitely don't look like they'd be subject to my Hungry Nanites knack.

Lord Bayushi
2023-02-16, 02:24 PM
Just as a note due to the format and the use of block initiate, since the players are unable to see the effects of their collogues' actions before posting their own, I suggest we give the DM some targeting flexibility powers.

i.e. by default, if you have designated a target that has been made combat ineffective by another character's action, the DM should retarget your action to the next closest threat unless you specify that your character has a specific target for a specific reason.

This will cut down on the 'I target this one unless something, then I target that one' kind of nonsense and should help things move along more smoothly.

Any thoughts?

DrK
2023-02-16, 03:37 PM
Yes I’d agree. I’d normally assume the GM would interpret the players actions in a way that makes sense rather than “target dead; your actions are cancelled and you do nothing”

I know in my games I interpret the players in a positive way and then if an action becomes genuinely impossible will allow players to edit and choose a sensible course

Ridai
2023-02-16, 06:46 PM
That's usually a good way to handle this. Cuts down on DM-player back-and-forth, which massively slows down fights, and tends to prevent player frustration.

Kvard51
2023-02-17, 10:56 AM
How big are these elementals?

ahyangyi
2023-02-17, 11:03 AM
It seems to swirl for a second before coalescing into 2 huge air elementals.
So, I guess they are Huge? And any elemental smaller than Huge would be comically weak against adventurers of our level anyways.

Though they are only 10 feet large on the map. I was assuming that's because they are kind of tall and thin, which is partially confirmed by the provided image.

Anyway, it would also help if our DM can clarify it here :)

Kvard51
2023-02-17, 11:27 AM
So, I guess they are Huge? And any elemental smaller than Huge would be comically weak against adventurers of our level anyways.

Though they are only 10 feet large on the map. I was assuming that's because they are kind of tall and thin, which is partially confirmed by the provided image.

Anyway, it would also help if our DM can clarify it here :)

Missed that, thanks. But would ask for certainty.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-17, 04:23 PM
Yes, I interpret things in the most favorable light I can. The only time I really need clarification is if you chose a specific attack against a creature because of its weaknesses, that creature died, and the remaining creature is weak against something else that you can do. I appreciate the if-thens, but don't worry about it if it stresses you out. I won't have you attack a creature that is being taken out by some other method or anything.

As for these elementals, they are huge. I thought I had made them bigger, but see now they are only 10x10. They should be 15x15. They are tall and thin, but because they are huge they still "take up" 15 foot of space. It may not be their physical bodies, but their swirling air and such makes it impossible to move closer and you can damage them by disrupting the air in that space.

I am working on progressing the story, but weekends tend to be busy with family stuff, so I will be a bit slower.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-21, 09:47 AM
I am actively working on an update, but man a lot of these powers are edge cases and of course the monster in Starfinder are OP, so I have to check their edge cases and how it plays with you guys. Unfortunately Elementals seem to be a direct import from Pathfinder with rules that aren't explicit in Starfinder, so have to be converted, but the justification around the web is "They are monsters, of course they have access to powers your players don't", so we will see how the balance feels after the fight.

Feathersnow
2023-02-21, 09:52 AM
Well, ICARUS-II is fluent in over 26 forms of communication, but I couldn't justify Auran. So I expect my turn to be a wash either way.

As a robotic antipaladin who tries to scare people, I learned every common racial language, most languages of things I wouldn't kill on sight, a few others, the outer plane languages, and Terran and Ignan, a robot being basically a golem powered by fire if you think about it the wrong way...

ahyangyi
2023-02-21, 02:09 PM
Ah, if we need to talk to the Air Elementals, Akifansha will do. Obviously that's what a Sylph with a Djinni tutor should be able to do.

I guess I'll just edit a sentence in...?

Feathersnow
2023-02-21, 02:12 PM
Ah, if we need to talk to the Air Elementals, Akifansha will do. I guess I'll just edit a sentence in...?

I doubt it will help. I just can't use my mind powers on the very small list of things that I can't communicate with.

ahyangyi
2023-02-21, 02:13 PM
Ah, I see. It's probably a token attempt then.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-22, 07:49 AM
@grumblyarcher, I am able to figure it out, but can you state your Faculty on your character sheet (Primary:Obliteration, Secondary:Regeneration). Also when calculating minimum damage from a weapon, my interpretation is you get to include any modifiers. So it isn't just 8, it would be 8+13=21. I know you will be happy with that, but if you have a reason to think otherwise, please let me know. I read that rule as "the damage as if you had rolled 1 on all dice is carried to a different target creature within 10 feet of the original target". Also where are you getting penetrating from? It's not an inherent property of the Conqueror, Blue Star, and I didn't see it as one of your knacks or feats. There is a knack you can take for it or a feat you can take for it, but I just didn't see it listed.

Ridai
2023-02-22, 12:11 PM
For what it's worth, whenever I saw a rule calling for minimum damage, I also interpreted it as the minimum of whatever damage range you would normally roll, so 1s on all dice, apply the usual modifiers (and ignore any rerolls on 1s, if Starfinder has those somewhere).

Ridai
2023-02-22, 01:34 PM
Is the map a bigger scale than 5 feet? With the 1-2-1-2 rule for diagonal movement, moving from O26 to W18 should be 60ft (5+10+5+10+5+10+5+10), adding 15ft to move three more squares to the west to W15, for a grand total of 75ft movement out of a possible 80ft.

Also Ramshackle only does 6d8 trick attack due to her Medic archetype.

Also also, does that -1 to attack apply to all attacks in the air? Flying too? Do hoverskates already qualify as airborne?

I'm frankly also unclear whether Ram did do her trick attack damage to the elemental. Is the "doesn't do as much damage as she is used to" meant to convey the -1 damage penalty due to attacking from the air?

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-22, 02:21 PM
Is the map a bigger scale than 5 feet? With the 1-2-1-2 rule for diagonal movement, moving from O26 to W18 should be 60ft (5+10+5+10+5+10+5+10), adding 15ft to move three more squares to the west to W15, for a grand total of 75ft movement out of a possible 80ft.

Also Ramshackle only does 6d8 trick attack due to her Medic archetype.

Also also, does that -1 to attack apply to all attacks in the air? Flying too? Do hoverskates already qualify as airborne?

I'm frankly also unclear whether Ram did do her trick attack damage to the elemental. Is the "doesn't do as much damage as she is used to" meant to convey the -1 damage penalty due to attacking from the air?

No the scale is 5 feet and it should be the 1-2-1-2 rule for diagonal movement. I may not have found the optimal path. I will update you next map (if needed), you can assume you are at W15 for the purposes of your next turn.

Ahh, I missed the archetype change, thanks for keeping me honest.

Yes anyone who is not on the ground is considered airborne, which the Elementals hate (they own the air in their minds) and they have "air mastery" as an ability that allows them to subtract 1 from attack and damage roles while their foe is airborne.

Ram did succeed on her trick attack, though I had to make sure it wasn't precision damage. The consensus on the internet is that it just makes your weapon more effective dealing more damage of the same type. The elementals have damage reduction, so I am trying to convey that while you did damage, the elemental is able to reform its body in such a way that it avoids some of the damage.

grumblyarcher
2023-02-22, 03:11 PM
@grumblyarcher, I am able to figure it out, but can you state your Faculty on your character sheet (Primary:Obliteration, Secondary:Regeneration). Also when calculating minimum damage from a weapon, my interpretation is you get to include any modifiers. So it isn't just 8, it would be 8+13=21. I know you will be happy with that, but if you have a reason to think otherwise, please let me know. I read that rule as "the damage as if you had rolled 1 on all dice is carried to a different target creature within 10 feet of the original target". Also where are you getting penetrating from? It's not an inherent property of the Conqueror, Blue Star, and I didn't see it as one of your knacks or feats. There is a knack you can take for it or a feat you can take for it, but I just didn't see it listed.
Faculties are now listed amidst the other class features.

The ability only mentions the weapon's damage and the example given does not add any modifiers to the damage so I assume it is just what damage comes from the weapon itself. As things like Weapon Specialization were not mentioned at all, it seems to me that they were not intended to be otherwise included.

Penetrating is added to all weapons FAR-US forms from gear arrays due to his 'Unstoppable Nanites' ability from the Obliteration Faculty. They also get the Boost 3d6 property from that ability.

DrK
2023-02-22, 03:23 PM
That’s a nifty trick for the penetrating stuff when we encounter constructs with hardness instead of DR or we have to blow the doors down in a spectacular style

grumblyarcher
2023-02-22, 03:36 PM
One of my two main weapons is a fully automatic heavy weapon so you should fully expect FAR-US's first instinct when encountering a dug in enemy to be 'Keep shooting until the cover and hostiles are gone'

Ridai
2023-02-22, 03:44 PM
No the scale is 5 feet and it should be the 1-2-1-2 rule for diagonal movement. I may not have found the optimal path. I will update you next map (if needed), you can assume you are at W15 for the purposes of your next turn.

Ahh, I missed the archetype change, thanks for keeping me honest.

Yes anyone who is not on the ground is considered airborne, which the Elementals hate (they own the air in their minds) and they have "air mastery" as an ability that allows them to subtract 1 from attack and damage roles while their foe is airborne.

Ram did succeed on her trick attack, though I had to make sure it wasn't precision damage. The consensus on the internet is that it just makes your weapon more effective dealing more damage of the same type. The elementals have damage reduction, so I am trying to convey that while you did damage, the elemental is able to reform its body in such a way that it avoids some of the damage.

Ah gotcha. :smallsmile:

Yeah, Trick Attack seems to just be a typeless damage bonus from hitting better. Had to recheck myself, as I was prepared to be sad when it turned out all my damage was precision damage.

To further explain the route, I moved 8 squares to the down-left on the map, then 3 squares left for the path described in my post (this is assuming that the arms of the mobile cranes are pointing into the air at some angle, not blocking ground routes). A jump is definitely involved, as is shooting while leaping, but I took that route, since I wanted to avoid the messy interactions of "okay, how high up is Ram at this point of a leaping arc of this length and how much clearance does she have over the construction vehicle" etc.

I'll figure the -1 to attack into my next post, since deactivating items is a standard action and that's just too slow at the moment.

Important Edit: It turns out I did a bad and Ram's speed is actually 70ft. I missed the mention that Speed Suspension's bonus is also an enhancement bonus, so it overrides the bonus given by the Longstrider module, and also makes the speed boost of the Hoverskates useless. Let's assume Ram is in the square shown on the most recent map, since that is reachable with 70ft speed. I wish they would standardize where the put the bonus type in rules texts instead of deciding on something different with every item.

Hoverskates still are useful since they let me move over any surface that wouldn't be able to carry Ram, but Longstrider is useless now. :smallannoyed: Anyone want a free Longstrider Module armor upgrade?

grumblyarcher
2023-02-22, 08:27 PM
Alright, switched to melee and got the elemental in my threatened area while trying to minimize the cover I could be giving it.

rogue_alchemist
2023-02-28, 01:16 PM
Requested perception: [roll0]
Perception to check houses: not rolling because 1d20+15 is useless after Ram's 36.
You can roll to assist and give her +2 on her roll. I know 36 is already pretty good, but just so you know in the future. Even if you aren't the best at a skill, you just have to succeed against DC 10 to aid. So long as you are trained and it seems like something that having a second person looking over your shoulder or being your goffer or whatever would actually be beneficial, then you can roll it and I'll reserve final decision on whether it helps or not.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-01, 10:50 AM
I didn't move anybody on the map because this is free exploration. If I had thought about it, I would have hidden your icons, but I forgot before uploading, so I will leave it. FAR-US is by the tree, the 3 cabin explorers are in the cabin with the blue stuff just east of the tree. Kisada and Iron Scanda finished their sweep and met back up near the purple thing to investigate it. Isar and ICARUS didn't really move, if I remember correctly. But if positioning starts to matter for what you feel like doing, just give me a quick coordinate where you want your character and I can move it.

Kvard51
2023-03-01, 01:01 PM
Isar followed Delta on his cabin search.

ahyangyi
2023-03-01, 10:38 PM
You can roll to assist and give her +2 on her roll. I know 36 is already pretty good, but just so you know in the future. Even if you aren't the best at a skill, you just have to succeed against DC 10 to aid. So long as you are trained and it seems like something that having a second person looking over your shoulder or being your goffer or whatever would actually be beneficial, then you can roll it and I'll reserve final decision on whether it helps or not.

Thanks for the hint! I'm still new to the ruleset, so I'm prone to omit parts of the rules (and simultaneously learning pf2e doesn't help either).

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-02, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the hint! I'm still new to the ruleset, so I'm prone to omit parts of the rules (and simultaneously learning pf2e doesn't help either).

You are welcome.

I am going to try to throw out suggestions wherever I see them. It may be directed at one player because of the specific instance that prompted the reminder, but the advice is true for everyone. Also I am not trying to treat anyone like they don't know the rules or whatever, I just know there are a lot of things that are different to other systems, some more complicated and some more simple (thus making it more complicated to remember).:tongue:

grumblyarcher
2023-03-02, 10:43 AM
Got a 38 on my engineering check to determine two things, would this shield be easier to breach from the inside and would a Quantum Tunneling Coverall allow FAR-US to get inside the shield without bringing it down first.

Additionally, if possible/relevant, FAR-US did not roll a Nat 1 on checks to assist hacking efforts.

Kvard51
2023-03-02, 09:47 PM
Isar has the ability to decrease the DC of rolls to Identify or recall knowledge about previously unknown cultures. Perhaps I should roll whichever skill the DM deems best fits the moment with a reduced DC?

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-03, 07:18 AM
After Ram pointed out that the holograms are doing weird phrases, you can all hear it, so you can roll Culture to recall information on the Kishalee or you can roll engineering or computers to identify something with the forcefield, but there just isn't much to see or identify with the forcefield. It is surrounding a spiraling staircase going down. There are no discernable controls or anything inside the forcefield to help identify more than Kisada has. I am going to update for the game so far.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-03, 08:42 AM
I was specifically wanting to try and more through the force field itself but if the force field blocks incorporeal creatures, then overwhelming firepower it is!

Would it be beneficial to hit multiple squares of the force field at once? I could break out my automatic weapon and hose down an entire face of the force field at once.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-03, 10:10 AM
The forcefield acts like 1 giant piece of domed wall, so where isn't as important as how much damage. Like I said there isn't much but time to it, as Ram removed the reinforcements. The field has 250 HP with 20 Hardness and 10 regeneration, so it's tough, but you guys can definitely, eventually overcome it.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-03, 10:46 AM
A bit of math working on the assumption of average damage from FAR-US's Blue Star Conquerer with boost and penetrating says we're looking at about seven hits to bring the shield down. That's 14 shots worth of my battery's charge.

Given the boost and penetrating, FAR-US's loadout is probably the most adapted to the task at hand. I certainly don't mind eating the battery expenditure but wouldn't say no if someone wants to lend a hand.

Lord Bayushi
2023-03-03, 12:10 PM
Alternately, Kisada can just beat it down. Without engaging my electrical attack, my base claws in PA do 3d6+28 damage, using a Full Attack each round will yield an average of 26 damage a round after hardness and regen are taken into account, so we will have to wait for 9 rounds or so, but it won't use anyone's ammo.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-03, 12:47 PM
The mental image of this bear who has so far tried to be gentle and not scare any of the people who have hired yall suddenly just going ham on this force field with his claws is quite humorous to me.

Lord Bayushi
2023-03-03, 02:17 PM
*Puts down computer terminal gently and removes glasses*

"Oh bother."

RAWR!! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!

Anyway, I'm headed out for the night, I will see what everyone else decides and post again at some point over the weekend.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-03, 10:04 PM
If we've got somewhere to recharge batteries later, I'm less concerned.

Bayushi, let's go ahead and hammer this thing down as a together. Your PA attack will nearly cut the average number of shots I need in half and the faster we drop it the less time it has to regen.

We may not have a serious time crunch but I'd like to get down there relatively quickly.

Ridai
2023-03-04, 10:19 AM
And thus, the force field acquired a beary big problem.

I'll wait for the results of the offered Culture roll (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25723491&postcount=47) to see if this helps with the force field. Ramshackle can't contribute on a magical front unless someone really needs a single-use item with Dispel Magic or the like.

Can Trick Attack be used against inanimate objects? The TA rules have no special handling for those, and I am unsure if this force field has a CR rating. Is TA applicable as a "shoot the weak spot" sort of thing in this case, and is there a roll involved?

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-05, 05:16 PM
Sorry for the delay, weekends always end up way more busy than I want. The culture roll has nothing to do with the forcefield.

Ridai
2023-03-05, 06:46 PM
So can I Trick Attack inanimate objects like the force field?

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-05, 08:24 PM
I'll say yes, though trick attack represents less precision damage and more feinting or distracting your opponent in Starfinder. But it is an operatives whole thing that they can do more damage that way, so go for it in the name of cool.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-07, 09:39 AM
To be clear, FAR-US wants to take point for the party as the highest durability stealth capable character. I would not object at all if anyone wants to send a drone ahead.

Lord Bayushi
2023-03-07, 01:16 PM
Rogue, we may be moving a little fast. I'm noticing that several players are not able to consistently post as quickly as others, they may find the pace problematic.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-07, 02:30 PM
Yea, I am happy to wait for people. Thanks for bringing it up. My goal here was to go ahead and let people know what was down there so they could do one big update instead of everyone say they are going down and then have to wait again for everyone to roll the checks. I plan to wait now until everyone has had a chance to post or 3 days. So far everyone has been posting about every other day on average as a group. I am happy with that pace, but we never did discuss expected post rate. I try to get on as much as I can, though I know the rest of this month is SUPER busy on weekends, so it'll be M-F for me to post until at least April. I am fine if we just move ahead 1/week with minor updates throughout the week, I just want to make sure people don't get bored and checkout.

EDIT: Also the group is welcome to split up at any point with some part scouting ahead and another part investigating more thoroughly, though that comes with some risk to the PCs.

Ridai
2023-03-07, 02:51 PM
As long as I get the sense things are moving forward relatively consistently and at a decent pace, I'm flexible with the posting rate. Can do fast (once every 1-2 days or so), can do slower (though I would like to ask for the mentioned one "big step" per week as the minimum).

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-07, 04:42 PM
As long as I get the sense things are moving forward relatively consistently and at a decent pace, I'm flexible with the posting rate. Can do fast (once every 1-2 days or so), can do slower (though I would like to ask for the mentioned one "big step" per week as the minimum).

I definitely agree as 1 step per week being a minimum. Obviously people may have something come up and not be able to post, I am fine with doing a basic action that makes sense in the situation for your character in those times or you can feel free to DM me or post here with what kind of action you want to do, but don't have time to RP or roll or whatever.

Kvard51
2023-03-07, 08:32 PM
I've been very busy of late, but trying to keep posting as often as possible.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-08, 06:36 AM
No worries @Kvard51, thanks for letting us know though.

@Feathersnow, we haven't heard from you lately either. Not rushing you, just letting you know that we are waiting on you.

Feathersnow
2023-03-08, 08:06 AM
No worries @Kvard51, thanks for letting us know though.

@Feathersnow, we haven't heard from you lately either. Not rushing you, just letting you know that we are waiting on you.

I'm sorry. I forgot to check my backlog and didn't realize everyone had updated. I posted.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-08, 10:11 AM
Will get a post up later today, though FAR-US is skilled but not exemplary at the requested skills so I don't think there will be much to add mechanically given the rolls already seen.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-08, 12:59 PM
alright, I'll wait for grumblyarcher to post. No worries FeatherSnow, I know it is easy to miss something, that is why I wanted to ping you to let you know. You had been pretty on top of it, so I figured something came up or you missed everyone posting.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-08, 02:04 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.

Ridai
2023-03-11, 10:16 AM
So how are people feeling about Ram doing rapid recon by running with x6 speed and being able to still move normally (due to Jet Dash and Indirect Retreat)? Given there's a countdown, it doesn't seem like if there is something hostile nearby it won't be alerted already in some way.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-13, 06:14 PM
@ridai, just to confirm, you are moving and coming back to where you started, yes?

Ridai
2023-03-13, 06:36 PM
That is my plan since I don't know where Ram is going, what she'll see, and what is going on. There's too many conditionals to guesstimate for any other plan. I don't want to get stranded several rounds away (in their movement rates) from the rest of the party.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-13, 07:11 PM
Okay, I just wasn't sure if you wanted to move around and end up just on the otherside of the door (next to Kisada) or up the stairs with Icarus. It only takes about 130 ft of movement to see all of the next room, then you can make it back to wherever you want.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-14, 07:39 AM
Alright, a couple of clarifying questions:
-Does it seem like all the doors have disintegration beams in compartments above them? Do we know?
-Do the disintegration beams seem like something I could meaningfully break before they fired again if I hit them with a boosted shot from my Blue Star Conquerer?
-How many rounds from the countdown starting to us getting hit again?

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-14, 08:18 AM
Alright, a couple of clarifying questions:
-Does it seem like all the doors have disintegration beams in compartments above them? Do we know?
-Do the disintegration beams seem like something I could meaningfully break before they fired again if I hit them with a boosted shot from my Blue Star Conquerer?
-How many rounds from the countdown starting to us getting hit again?

Fair enough. You can't see them, but no one saw this one until it activated. You could check (with perception again), but as of now you don't know.

You've never encountered the material this room (and the next hallway) is made out of before, but it almost appears to be some kind of metallic moss structure that somehow seems alive but also very solid. You can't tell how much damage a shot might do to it. Also the wall seemed to become transparent to let the beam pass through and then go back to the metallic mossy look of the rest of the wall, so you don't know for sure what is behind the wall, if it can move, or anything really.

It was 1 round of reactions from the countdown starting to hitting you (basically there was an alert followed by a countdown of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1; but none of you speak the language, so you don't know the exact numbers, however there were 5 distinct sounds made with a small pause between each). This time all you hear is the energy building up again, so there is a pause, though how long isn't clear and you hear no announcements of any kind.

However we are still in tactical movement, so 1 round worth of actions (standard and a move action along with whatever free or swift actions you have for 1 round).

Ridai
2023-03-14, 08:26 AM
Aw heck. I forgot to mention that Ramshackle has Trap Spotter, giving her double her edge bonus to Perception to find traps, and she also automatically rolls to find traps when she gets within 10ft of them. Would this have triggered or does this not count as a trap?

Did not expect the trap to not target anything in the outer corridor, though. That was the main thing confusing me, since this began after opening the door, so it seemed like a countdown for something bigger than just the room. If it did happen in response to tampering, why wouldn't it just fire immediately.

I really need to learn sivv, otherwise the adventure authors will keep screwing me over.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-14, 08:37 AM
Damn, my cloud array does not provide full concealment

Alright, I'll get a post up in a bit but unless anyone has any objections FAR-US is going to move to the next nearest door and try to get it open under the assumption that this is some kind of security checkpoint we've tipped off and there will not be as stringent security measures on the other side of the door.

He can tank another hit like that, the rest of you can't.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-14, 08:45 AM
Does a 31 engineering get the next nearest door open?

Edit: make that a 35, I forgot Thieves' tools give a +4 bonus to these checks.

Ridai
2023-03-14, 08:47 AM
Please don't start opening or touching things before looking for traps, since Paizo apparently really likes traps and is out for blood.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-14, 08:55 AM
My current concern is getting everyone out of the kill-zone before the trap we have already triggered starts downing people. FAR-US is built to be able to take hits from things like traps and searching for/disarming a trap might eat up actions that cannot be spared.

Ridai
2023-03-14, 08:57 AM
But the trap doesn't seem to fire outside of the room with the stairs, can't everyone just move into the hallway?

grumblyarcher
2023-03-14, 09:01 AM
Damn, I missed that, I thought everyone got hit

Ridai
2023-03-14, 09:05 AM
Damn, I missed that, I thought everyone got hit

That is honestly what confused me about the trap, too. I figured this was some sort of alert or purge mechanism for the whole entry area, not just the stair room. Like "okay, something bad is about to happen, try to find a solution ASAP while the bad thing is happening" sort of deal, like gas or something. Didn't think this was just "shoot you for your entire Stamina pool".

grumblyarcher
2023-03-14, 09:10 AM
The sivv don't **** around.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-14, 09:12 AM
Alright, gonna scrap my original plan and instead just move through the door like a sane person.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-14, 09:47 AM
Aw heck. I forgot to mention that Ramshackle has Trap Spotter, giving her double her edge bonus to Perception to find traps, and she also automatically rolls to find traps when she gets within 10ft of them. Would this have triggered or does this not count as a trap?

Did not expect the trap to not target anything in the outer corridor, though. That was the main thing confusing me, since this began after opening the door, so it seemed like a countdown for something bigger than just the room. If it did happen in response to tampering, why wouldn't it just fire immediately.

I really need to learn sivv, otherwise the adventure authors will keep screwing me over.

Yea, i guess that is true. You didn't spot any traps on your way around the hall either. You are fairly confident it is just in this room. But this beam is a security response to the door being hacked (or any attempt, your group's just happened to be successful).

Lord Bayushi
2023-03-14, 12:38 PM
I was just looking in and a lot has happened. I won't be able to post until very late tonight, but if things need to move forward assume Kisada just tries to keep the doors open and stay in front to take the bulk of the fire.

Ouch, guess trying to block up the hallway was not the way to keep the party from taking damage.

Ridai
2023-03-14, 01:23 PM
I was just looking in and a lot has happened. I won't be able to post until very late tonight, but if things need to move forward assume Kisada just tries to keep the doors open and stay in front to take the bulk of the fire.

Ouch, guess trying to block up the hallway was not the way to keep the party from taking damage.

Only the characters in the central room and not on the stairs got shot at, Kisada wasn't targeted. Just stay in the hallway.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-14, 02:00 PM

Only the characters in the central room and not on the stairs got shot at, Kisada wasn't targeted. Just stay in the hallway.

I think his worry is that he blocked the hallway so others couldn't take refuge, but to reassure you, had other people wanted in, I would have made it happen as they could go the other way or could have squeezed in just before you or something. Now that you are there, you are an obstacle, but you can move further down the hallway and get out of the way this turn. I think the object is immune to your shocking touch for 1 minute due to "residual static charge", but double check me.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-14, 02:12 PM
good catch @ahyangyi, the damage is only 113, not 114. Sorry, I thought I remembered it as 114, and didn't double check in the haste of getting the post out. I have had that typed up since Monday morning, but trying to resolve the map and double check how Fort worked for everybody, it took a while to actually get it posted.

Lord Bayushi
2023-03-15, 01:08 AM
I think his worry is that he blocked the hallway so others couldn't take refuge, but to reassure you, had other people wanted in, I would have made it happen as they could go the other way or could have squeezed in just before you or something. Now that you are there, you are an obstacle, but you can move further down the hallway and get out of the way this turn. I think the object is immune to your shocking touch for 1 minute due to "residual static charge", but double check me.

I was hoping that by pushing forward, Kisada would block off whatever was coming for us, at least if it was coming from that direction, and potentially offering up the drone if it was coming from the other direction. I knew it was possible the danger could be from the initial room, but didn't think that it would be coming from there.

As is, he will move up to allow room for the others and move the drone up to the next door to examine the mechanism.

You are correct about the overload not being able to target the door again for 1 minute. I hope everyone took the hint from the giant disintegration ray and uses this turn to get out of there.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-15, 05:28 AM
Just to be clear, while you don't hear another countdown or any more talking of any kind you can hear the energy building up in the walls just like last time. The counting was loud, but so is this energy build-up. You all feel pretty confident it is going to fire again as soon as it is able. Since you don't speak the language you don't know what the first part of the speech was before the countdown (presumably some kind of warning).

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-15, 05:34 AM
@Kvard51 and @DrK, just letting you know that we are waiting your actions. I saw Kvard51 react in the die roll thread, but nothing about actions here or the game thread and haven't heard anything from DrK as far as I know.

Lord Bayushi
2023-03-15, 11:49 AM
Just to be clear, while you don't hear another countdown or any more talking of any kind you can hear the energy building up in the walls just like last time.

I misunderstood. I edited my post to reflect this.

Kvard51
2023-03-15, 12:31 PM
@Kvard51 and @DrK, just letting you know that we are waiting your actions. I saw Kvard51 react in the die roll thread, but nothing about actions here or the game thread and haven't heard anything from DrK as far as I know.

I’ll post after work

DrK
2023-03-15, 01:51 PM
If we have 10 minutes then Delta will also burn a RP to restore their stamina

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-15, 03:41 PM
If we have 10 minutes then Delta will also burn a RP to restore their stamina

it seems most everyone is planning to get "safe" in the hallway, then rest to recover SP and then move on to investigating doors (except for Kisada who is inspecting the door for traps or whatever while yall rest).

Feathersnow
2023-03-15, 04:28 PM
I suppose I will also spend an RP to recover Stamina.

Ridai
2023-03-15, 05:47 PM
Given Ram is on 0 Stamina and 73 HP, recovering SP seems like the right call given the damage numbers that get thrown around by Starfinder and how much of a pain it is to recover HP.

By the way, Ram is decent at restoring HP, but she is limited on how often she can do this, so I'd rather wait for more significant injuries before she tries to heal people.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-16, 05:12 AM
Yea Starfinder seems to want to burn through your SP quickly, not thinking about that means it *could* also burn through your HP quickly. It hits like a ton bricks.

@Kvard51, does that mean Isar is staying on the stairs and not going to the next circular hallway with everyone else?

grumblyarcher
2023-03-16, 08:09 AM
The game's design functionally assumes your stamina pool is your first line of protection. So we'll probably see short but damaging encounters that we can recover from relatively quickly.

Also, FAR-US is a solid medic if we need to recover HP.

Kvard51
2023-03-16, 02:44 PM
@Kvard51, does that mean Isar is staying on the stairs and not going to the next circular hallway with everyone else?[/QUOTE]

sorry. Posted quickly and didn't read that part I guess. I go to the party.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-21, 01:59 PM
Ah! A room full of guns and ammo! We chose the RIGHT door.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-23, 01:08 PM
@Feathersnow, I need to know what ICARUS is doing with this new room. If you want to just respond here with something general, or if you want to make a post IC, either way is fine.

@Everyone else, it is never as easy as "Here is a cache of great stuff", you ought to know that. :smalltongue:

Ridai
2023-03-23, 01:28 PM
@Everyone else, it is never as easy as "Here is a cache of great stuff", you ought to know that. :smalltongue:

That's why Ramshackle went right for the computer. And because I assume this isn't a Gygaxian adventure where I need to check exactly 14 different broken weapons to find one functional one that is two levels lower than we are, and then check behind an innocuous pile of trash composed of several layers that need to be checked separately in the corner to find 50 Credits. :smalltongue:

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-23, 02:48 PM
That's why Ramshackle went right for the computer. And because I assume this isn't a Gygaxian adventure where I need to check exactly 14 different broken weapons to find one functional one that is two levels lower than we are, and then check behind an innocuous pile of trash composed of several layers that need to be checked separately in the corner to find 50 Credits. :smalltongue:

definitely not! If your perception is high enough while you are in the room, you will spot whatever is hidden, whether you are specifically searching that area or not. Also I plan to give the gist of this room pretty quickly, but there is something that happens first.

Feathersnow
2023-03-23, 04:06 PM
Sorry, I've been ill. I've been meaning to update everything soonest. I promise I'll get something up before I crash after work.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-25, 02:38 AM
Sorry, I've been ill. I've been meaning to update everything soonest. I promise I'll get something up before I crash after work.

NO worries. We all know how that goes, just bumping you so you know the state of the game.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-25, 05:46 PM
Are the shelving units any kind of impediment to movement?

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-26, 04:48 AM
that's a good question. I am picturing some light metal that isn't bolted to the floor or anything, so as for PCs it should be no trouble to literally just hip-check it out of the way as you move through. I'll say upright they are fine, but the one that is knocked over by the robot creates difficult terrain because of the footing issues.

DrK
2023-03-26, 04:56 AM
A critical, but excellent that’s exciting. So you want me to reroll damage or will you just double the damage?
- also it’s now on fire 🔥 so critical burn effect [roll0] kicks in

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-27, 11:48 AM
A critical, but excellent that’s exciting. So you want me to reroll damage or will you just double the damage?
- also it’s now on fire 🔥 so critical burn effect [roll0] kicks in

I don't know, it is easier to just double the damage, but if you are a gambling man, you are welcome to roll a second set of damage to add to the first. I'll say this time that I'll just double it, but for everyone going forward, it is your call. As soon as you see the crit, you can post again and roll the damage to be added or you can just leave it alone and I'll double it when I am calculating it.

Ridai
2023-03-27, 12:08 PM
I'll default to doubling for sake of speed and simplicity.

DrK
2023-03-27, 12:16 PM
I don't know, it is easier to just double the damage, but if you are a gambling man, you are welcome to roll a second set of damage to add to the first. I'll say this time that I'll just double it, but for everyone going forward, it is your call. As soon as you see the crit, you can post again and roll the damage to be added or you can just leave it alone and I'll double it when I am calculating it.

Happy with doubling for a nippy 100+ damage

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-27, 02:17 PM
@Kvard51, Isar is up. Let me know what you want to do.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-28, 01:06 PM
Got a solid result on my check to figure out its special abilities.

By the by, you guys should feel free to give orders to FAR-US if you think there are other useful things to do. I've been trying to play them as direct but tactically clever but I specifically wrote them to be accepting of other's direction.

Feathersnow
2023-03-28, 01:22 PM
No worries about my abilities fizzling. Honestly, I'm just happy to play. I'm sure I'll be useful somewhere!

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-28, 01:30 PM
No worries about my abilities fizzling. Honestly, I'm just happy to play. I'm sure I'll be useful somewhere!

Glad to hear you are having fun. You will definitely be useful soon, but this first bit is a new alien race that no one has ever seen before and will require more investigation to be familiar with, so having a class that depends on language or shared cultural understanding is difficult.

EDIT: and not saying you aren't useful now, you have contributed in many ways, but specifically the ability to command others and use some of the other abilities in combat.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-29, 11:51 AM
Since I happen to be paying attention this time and caught it in time. @Ridai, you got the killing shot. Want to add anything special for taking the armor out? Feel free to edit your post so that your shot ends the fight.

Ridai
2023-03-29, 12:56 PM
I edited something in, as well as what Ram does after the armor is destroyed (namely, top up her pistol's magazine and get back on the computer). Nothing too fancy, since ammo needs to be counted in this game, and I don't really feel like wasting ammo to style on an enemy.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-30, 08:02 AM
I've still got the vast majority of my stamina. Does anyone else need a breather to restore theirs?

DrK
2023-03-30, 08:21 AM
No, I didn't lose any stamina. But some good looking loot...

thermal capacitor mk 3 (which infers DR 15 vs fire and cold)
titan shield armor upgrade
executioner disintergrator rifle A nice 5d10 acid damage rifle!
strident wailing blade
super-capacity battery (80 charges max)
Enginerunner armor I Decent heavy armour
mk 1 spell reflector armor upgrade
Vorpal fusion weapon seal (only for phsyical damage weapons so no flaming, plasma or laser sadly)
three ultra-capacity batteries,

Does anyone have any requests? I think the only things that Delta may appreciate would be a battery and possibly the Edgerunner Armour I as its better than her Skyfire armour (I'm guessing the power armoured folk will want to stay in their power armour?)

grumblyarcher
2023-03-30, 08:30 AM
Definitely! Just remember that a lot of that stuff needs 10min engineering checks to be usable so unless someone needs a breather we may want to wait until after we find the civilians to really mess with it.

(Also, feel free to lay claim to weapons or weapon fusions without me, I can't really use them.)

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-30, 08:51 AM
Kisada (Lord Bayushi) took 54ish damage, so he probably would appreciate a breather, so if there is another engineer available, you could go ahead and change something out while he does that. Ram might want to use that time to record as much from the computer on her comms as possible.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-30, 08:56 AM
I can certainly throw an engineering check into the mix

grumblyarcher
2023-03-30, 09:09 AM
Okay! Got the weapons salvaged.

The Titan Shield upgrade can only be used by Kisada or I but the Thermal Capacitor could also be very nice.
Otherwise... I don't have any use for the weapons, armor, or the Vorpal upgrade

Kvard51
2023-03-30, 09:29 AM
Is the weapon an energy weapon? Or so
Etching other than projectile?

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-30, 09:40 AM
Is the weapon an energy weapon? Or so
Etching other than projectile?

the rifle is acid damage (energy) and the sword does sonic and slashing damage

Ridai
2023-03-30, 09:44 AM
I'm fine with people taking a 10 minute break.

Also fine with not taking any of the loot for Ram. She has the right weapons for the seal, but she is at capacity with frankly much more consistently useful magic items. If absolutely no one else wants the thermal capacitor, I'll replace my Mk I with the Mk III and hand the Mk I to someone who wants it (or on the "to sell" loot pile), but I'm fine with sticking with the Mk I. Ram is good at not putting herself in the line of fire as is.

We should keep the batteries, since that is basically free power. Ram can always just pull new batteries from her utility belt, but that requires spending her utility belt budget, so using found batteries instead is preferable.

I made a list of all current party loot on Ram's sheet (in the magic section) to keep track of what loot was found. I'll remove any loot claimed by someone. If we need to keep track of Bulk, Ram can carry about 3-4 Bulk more, but she has to stay unencumbered for her mechanics to work.

Kvard51
2023-03-30, 10:34 AM
I’ll take the rifle. And the sword if no one else wants it. After everyone gets a chance to reply, I may use other things. But the rifle is the only thing I really need.

DrK
2023-03-30, 10:43 AM
If I could grab the Edgerunner armour that would be great. I don't many others are in heavy armour.

DrK
2023-03-30, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=DrK;25745440]

thermal capacitor mk 3 (which infers DR 15 vs fire and cold) Ram
titan shield armor upgrade Kisada
executioner disintergrator rifle A nice 5d10 acid damage rifle! Isar
strident wailing blade Isar
super-capacity battery (80 charges max) party pool
Enginerunner armor I Decent heavy armour Delta
Vorpal fusion weapon seal (only for phsyical damage weapons so no flaming, plasma or laser sadly) ??? Not sure
three ultra-capacity batteries, Party pool

I think that is just leaving out the Spell reflector armour upgrade and the vorpal weapon fusion

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-30, 10:57 AM
@Ridai, Ram's background would make it go faster, so I'll say she can get 2 things done in the same time.

Lord Bayushi
2023-03-30, 11:00 AM
Kisada would be interested in the Titan Shield, he would trade it out for his Quartz Refractor (10 Laser/Light Resist) Armor Upgrade, making that available. He can also make use of the Vorpal upgrade, but I don't really think it is that great, better as loot to sell off to be honest. He also has a means to distribute power from the alien batteries to any others, so we can use them without having to modify them.

He would also like to take a minute (or 10) to deal with the sizeable dent in his arse. Unfortunately I'm on my way out and won't be able to post until much later this evening.

grumblyarcher
2023-03-30, 12:35 PM
I'll pick up that Quartz Refractor if no one else does.

DrK
2023-03-30, 01:15 PM
Sounds like we are busy for 20-30 mins then ready to move onto the next room

Kvard51
2023-03-30, 01:19 PM
I’ll need the battery that fits the gun, right?

Ridai
2023-03-30, 03:53 PM
thermal capacitor mk 3 (which infers DR 15 vs fire and cold) Ram
titan shield armor upgrade Kisada
executioner disintergrator rifle A nice 5d10 acid damage rifle! Isar
strident wailing blade Isar
super-capacity battery (80 charges max) party pool
Enginerunner armor I Decent heavy armour Delta
Vorpal fusion weapon seal (only for phsyical damage weapons so no flaming, plasma or laser sadly) ??? Not sure
three ultra-capacity batteries, Party pool

I think that is just leaving out the Spell reflector armour upgrade and the vorpal weapon fusion
Please note that the thermal capacitor is going to Akifansha, since interest was stated in the IC thread.

Ram can fix up two items in 10 minutes. First priority are the armor and the rifle. The more people that pitch in with the DC 35 Engineering checks, the faster we can get this done. Ideally, Ram wants to spend only the 10 minutes Kisada needs to rest up in that room before moving forward, since they are looking for people who might be in need of rescue sooner rather than later.

rogue_alchemist
2023-03-31, 04:48 PM
I’ll need the battery that fits the gun, right?

Taking the battery that goes with the gun will have it be operational after only the 10 minutes that are required to get the gun off of the armor instead of another 10 minutes to retrofit another battery to it. But after that battery is used up, you will be able to use another battery in it with the 10 minutes to retrofit. I'll say that the gun is "upgraded" to accept the batteries so that the batteries are still interchangeable with other things, instead of having to keep up with separate pools of batteries.

Kvard51
2023-03-31, 05:44 PM
Taking the battery that goes with the gun will have it be operational after only the 10 minutes that are required to get the gun off of the armor instead of another 10 minutes to retrofit another battery to it. But after that battery is used up, you will be able to use another battery in it with the 10 minutes to retrofit. I'll say that the gun is "upgraded" to accept the batteries so that the batteries are still interchangeable with other things, instead of having to keep up with separate pools of batteries.

I have spells that recharge batteries, also.

Lord Bayushi
2023-04-05, 01:08 AM
So it's been a few days of silence. All we ready to move on?

DrK
2023-04-05, 01:41 AM
Delta certainly is

grumblyarcher
2023-04-05, 06:32 AM
Ready to roll!

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-05, 06:41 AM
Yea I am updating yall moving to the next room. Sorry for the delay. Yesterday was an absolute cluster at work with multiple fire alarms and general mayhem. I anticipate the new room today.

grumblyarcher
2023-04-05, 08:04 AM
No worries my guy! I've been very happy with the pace of this game.

Kvard51
2023-04-05, 08:53 AM
Ok guys, I think I should drop here. The church I pastor had a fire last week and I am not finding time to keep up on my games.

Thank you for including me, but I think it’s better for all of us.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-05, 11:06 AM
Ok guys, I think I should drop here. The church I pastor had a fire last week and I am not finding time to keep up on my games.

Thank you for including me, but I think it’s better for all of us.

I hate to see you go, but I understand fully life hitting hard. Hope nothing irreplaceable was lost in the fire, but any loss is hard. If you need a break feel free to hit me back up and we can work you in as an NPC or something to guest in for a bit.

I will run Isar as support until I can reasonably have him leave the game.

Lord Bayushi
2023-04-05, 12:11 PM
Kvard51, I am sorry to hear about the fire. I hope nothing irreplaceable was lost. I am sorry to see you go, especially under the circumstances. Good luck to you.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-13, 08:02 AM
Just wanted to point out that I had to edit my last IG post to add everyone making a will save, so if you started to formulate your response, you'll need to do that first to decide if you get to act and if you fail the will save, how you must act instead.

grumblyarcher
2023-04-13, 10:22 AM
Good news everyone!

You don't have an out of control kill-bot coming at you from behind. It's times like this I'm really happy I compulsively pump my will saves.

Will post this evening.

Lord Bayushi
2023-04-13, 11:02 AM
Save successful, I don't have to maul a co-worker (but this would be a great excuse...)

Just kidding. I will have to wait until late tonight to post though.

Ridai
2023-04-13, 02:40 PM
Well, Ram failed. On the upside, she rolled terribly on the attack, and the confusion effect just says attack, not attack to the character's fullest capabilities, so Ram's crappy base damage is actually an advantage here.

DrK
2023-04-13, 03:21 PM
Delta’s Will save [roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2023-04-14, 12:54 AM
Kisada rolled a 34 with Engineering to ID the whips (at -5 DC due to his Roboticist Theme Knowledge). I need to know about their threat range for AoO's before I post actions for Kisada and the drone.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-14, 05:58 AM
Kisada rolled a 34 with Engineering to ID the whips (at -5 DC due to his Roboticist Theme Knowledge). I need to know about their threat range for AoO's before I post actions for Kisada and the drone.

You see it is a Numbing Taclash (https://aonsrd.com/WeaponDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Numbing&Family=Taclash) and know everything about it, including its reach.

Ridai
2023-04-17, 04:10 PM
You know what. I will administer myself one (1) pat on the back for clutch bad rolls. :smallamused:

grumblyarcher
2023-04-17, 09:07 PM
I'm thinking they probably have some suite of energy resistances that's unfriendly to fire and/or electricity damage. I'm going to swap to my vortex rifle next round, sonic resistance is pretty rare and it is my only other damage type apart from physical. With my boost ability I'll be able to make it hit for 5d6+13 damage which isn't as hard as my big boy plasma gun but hopefully sidestepping any resistance will make up for that shortfall.

Lord Bayushi
2023-04-18, 01:53 AM
Just to verify, the creatures were flying at a height of 15 ft, which would mean that the two near Kisada are within his reach (he is 10 ft in size, and he has 10 ft of Reach due to his Winter Walker PA, for a total of 20 ft of reach off the ground, even on diagonals due to the weird reach rules):

From Reach and Threatened Squares (https://www.aonsrd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=93):
If your reach is 10 feet, you threaten the second square of a diagonal (this is an exception to the normal rule for calculating distance along a diagonal; see Diagonals on page 256 for more information). If your reach is anything other than 10 feet, calculate the diagonal distance of your reach normally.

Did either one take an action that provoked an AoO from Kisada?

Also, what is the current height of the creature that attacked Delta?

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-21, 01:21 AM
Just to verify, the creatures were flying at a height of 15 ft, which would mean that the two near Kisada are within his reach (he is 10 ft in size, and he has 10 ft of Reach due to his Winter Walker PA, for a total of 20 ft of reach off the ground, even on diagonals due to the weird reach rules):

From Reach and Threatened Squares (https://www.aonsrd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=93):
If your reach is 10 feet, you threaten the second square of a diagonal (this is an exception to the normal rule for calculating distance along a diagonal; see Diagonals on page 256 for more information). If your reach is anything other than 10 feet, calculate the diagonal distance of your reach normally.

Did either one take an action that provoked an AoO from Kisada?

Also, what is the current height of the creature that attacked Delta?

Fair enough, they both cast a spell, so you can choose 1 to make an AoO against. You only get 1 reaction per round that resets at the start of your turn(unless you have a feat). The one by Delta flew down to make a bite, but doesn't have an ability to move after attacking, so had to stay right nearby. I appreciate you keeping track of this. I had definitely thought about Delta, but had forgotten about your reach for the other two.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-24, 10:43 AM
So I just realized I was doing DR wrong. I thought it pretty well applied to everything unless there was a specific exception called out (like DR 5/magic would negate all damage except magic, etc). However it turns out that it only works against Kinetic attacks (slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing), not against energy damage (acid, electricity, fire, sonic, etc). Most ranged weapons yall are using are energy damage, not kinetic damage, so yall have done more damage than I gave yall credit for. I have already felt like yall are getting through these fights pretty easy, but if we now up your damage output that'll mean getting through even faster. Yall haven't killed one yet, but any description that made it sound like you didn't do as much damage as you could have, probably did do full damage.

Also I am waiting on @feathersnow to post to finish out this next round, just so we are all on the same page.

Feathersnow
2023-04-24, 03:27 PM
So I just realized I was doing DR wrong. I thought it pretty well applied to everything unless there was a specific exception called out (like DR 5/magic would negate all damage except magic, etc). However it turns out that it only works against Kinetic attacks (slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing), not against energy damage (acid, electricity, fire, sonic, etc). Most ranged weapons yall are using are energy damage, not kinetic damage, so yall have done more damage than I gave yall credit for. I have already felt like yall are getting through these fights pretty easy, but if we now up your damage output that'll mean getting through even faster. Yall haven't killed one yet, but any description that made it sound like you didn't do as much damage as you could have, probably did do full damage.

Also I am waiting on @feathersnow to post to finish out this next round, just so we are all on the same page.

Oh, I was confused, I thought I was still babbling

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-24, 03:37 PM
Oh, I was confused, I thought I was still babbling

You *get* to reroll confusion every round. This is the 1 time you are glad you rolled a 1 for damage. I will update tomorrow.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-25, 08:55 AM
Alright, yet again I have managed to misread this creature. While the DR didn't work the way I thought, it does have a lot of immunities and resistances that take effect. Its been a while since I ran this system and I have run too much Pathfinder in the meantime, which doesn't have all the ranged weapons (obviously), and it is all throwing me off. I am correcting the damage and I will document the differences you notice here:

Most attacks from round 1 were about half as effective as you would expect and when the lightning from Akifansha's attack started from the first and chained to the other two, all 3 shrugged it off as if the electricity didn't bother them at all.

Also since Kisada was able to successfully attack the SE one while it was casting Mind Thrust, it didn't get to finish casting and FAR-US didn't take any damage or see the visions described last round.

I'll start leaving those things open ended and update at the start of my next post whether it was successful or not.

grumblyarcher
2023-04-25, 09:08 AM
No worries boss! This is the deep end of running Starfinder! I think we can all manage some patience.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-25, 09:43 AM
Ignore 10 points of DR or Resistance due to feats/abilities (this should effectively remove any resistance if they only have Fire Res 10 :smallsmile:)

except your damage is 1/2 Electricity and 1/2 fire. It is completely immune to electricity, so your damage is automatically halved, but yes that does keep the remaining half from being reduced by 10 for resistance. :smallsmile:

DrK
2023-04-25, 09:56 AM
except your damage is 1/2 Electricity and 1/2 fire. It is completely immune to electricity, so your damage is automatically halved, but yes that does keep the remaining half from being reduced by 10 for resistance. :smallsmile:

Sorry, I meant "energy , Fire" for the EAC. the flame rifle just does pure fire damage.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-25, 11:44 AM
Sorry, I meant "energy , Fire" for the EAC. the flame rifle just does pure fire damage.

Alright I didn't check your weapon since you listed damage. That is usually the designation for "plasma" type rifles as they do both electricity and fire damage (like was FAR-US was using). One of them might be dead, let me go back and refactor your damage.

EDIT: I went and recalculated and they are all still standing, though the one to the south of the 2 attacking Kisada looks really beat up and will likely fall with 1 more hit.

rogue_alchemist
2023-04-27, 07:21 AM
@ahyangyi, I don't believe you have posted this round. No rush, just letting you know what I see. I also need to figure out what Isar does.

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-01, 10:10 AM
Kisada gets an Attack of Opportunity against the last remaining creature as it tries to cast a spell.

DrK
2023-05-01, 10:27 AM
Last remaining sounds positive for the team

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-01, 10:46 AM
Yea Delta killed his and then took out the damaged one by Kisada, so there is only 1 left and he looks about 75% damaged.

DrK
2023-05-01, 10:50 AM
Yea Delta killed his and then took out the damaged one by Kisada, so there is only 1 left and he looks about 75% damaged.

They may lack out of combat skills but they are pretty good at laying down a hail of fire!

Lord Bayushi
2023-05-01, 11:36 AM
Kisada gets an Attack of Opportunity against the last remaining creature as it tries to cast a spell.

Kisada's AoO hits (29 vs. KAC of 24) for 31 damage past DR (41 -DR 10/good).

grumblyarcher
2023-05-01, 07:39 PM
Just to make sure we're on the same page, am I able to target the last one from my current location? It looks like it to me but I'd prefer to make sure we are in agreement before taking actions or writing up a post with a bunch of confusing if/then clauses.

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-02, 07:23 AM
Just to make sure we're on the same page, am I able to target the last one from my current location? It looks like it to me but I'd prefer to make sure we are in agreement before taking actions or writing up a post with a bunch of confusing if/then clauses.

You're always able to target the creature so long as it is not totally behind a wall. It'll just be an adjustment to AC based on how many characters your fire through or how many corners of walls it passes through. So yes, but don't assume the simple AC of 24

DrK
2023-05-02, 11:12 AM
Ouch, a critical hit for 84 damage, and a critical effect of [roll0] burn damage

grumblyarcher
2023-05-04, 07:58 AM
Will get a post up today

Lord Bayushi
2023-05-04, 11:39 AM
ICARUS-II searches the room, alert for more mobsters or something they might have been guarding...

This post made me laugh for about three minutes straight. I couldn't help imagining those blobby creatures in track suits sitting around in an episode of the Soprano's counting money and cutting up. Feathersnow, thank you for that, I needed it.

I won't be able to post until late tonight/early morning.

Feathersnow
2023-05-04, 12:40 PM
Autocorrect hates me, lol

grumblyarcher
2023-05-05, 05:20 PM
Sorry, after-work headache kicked my ass. Working on a post now.

Ridai
2023-05-13, 04:19 PM
Are we waiting for someone right now?

ahyangyi
2023-05-14, 01:19 PM
Asking as well

Feathersnow
2023-05-14, 03:29 PM
Hope it isn't me

DrK
2023-05-14, 03:41 PM
I think Delta was lurking near the door so wasn't a whole lot to do

Lord Bayushi
2023-05-14, 05:45 PM
*points to someone at random*

It was you, wasn't it? Don't lie.

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-17, 05:27 AM
sorry guys, It was me. I ended up in the hospital last week and haven't gotten on here to update. I am better now. I have an update in my mind, I just need to type it out. Sorry for the long delay, I appreciate you all keeping interest and waiting patiently. I will update as soon as possible (probably today)

Ridai
2023-05-17, 06:47 AM
sorry guys, It was me. I ended up in the hospital last week and haven't gotten on here to update. I am better now. I have an update in my mind, I just need to type it out. Sorry for the long delay, I appreciate you all keeping interest and waiting patiently. I will update as soon as possible (probably today)

Sorry to hear that, and no worries, health comes first. Hope you're feeling better now. :smallsmile:

Lord Bayushi
2023-05-17, 11:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope everything turned out okay.

grumblyarcher
2023-05-17, 09:33 PM

Don't stress too much, my dude. Your health comes first.

DrK
2023-05-18, 12:17 AM
Unlucky on getting ill. Hope you get better soon

grumblyarcher
2023-05-21, 06:22 PM
I don't think I need to explain that FAR-US's idea of checking for hidden doors involves finding likely sections of wall and then shooting them.

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-25, 03:54 PM
FAR-US instantly recognizes this as a nanotech golem (https://www.aonsrd.com/AlienDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Nanotech%20Golem&Family=Golem). The rest of you recognize the two terminator class security robots (https://www.aonsrd.com/AlienDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Terminator-Class%20Security&Family=Robot)

Ridai
2023-05-25, 06:51 PM
The rest of you recognize the two terminator class security robots (https://www.aonsrd.com/AlienDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Terminator-Class%20Security&Family=Robot)

I think it was a cosmic sign that I watched Conan the Barbarian for the first time today, only for Terminators to show up. :smalltongue:

Ridai
2023-05-27, 07:09 AM
Given I am dealing with constructs and inflicting status effects, I checked construct immunities, and I think constructs might be immune to the Operative's Staggering Shot, since it requires a Fortitude save. Constructs aren't immune to staggering, but they are immune to Fortitude saves unless whatever is forcing the save explicitly affects objects, which is not the case for Staggering Shot. So it seems I may have wrongly inflicted staggering on constructs in the past. :smallfrown:

At least Ram still has her Trick Attack damage and being able to inflict off-target.

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-27, 09:13 AM
Given I am dealing with constructs and inflicting status effects, I checked construct immunities, and I think constructs might be immune to the Operative's Staggering Shot, since it requires a Fortitude save. Constructs aren't immune to staggering, but they are immune to Fortitude saves unless whatever is forcing the save explicitly affects objects, which is not the case for Staggering Shot. So it seems I may have wrongly inflicted staggering on constructs in the past. :smallfrown:

At least Ram still has her Trick Attack damage and being able to inflict off-target.

The golem is also swarmlike, so immune to all the statuses you can inflict. Just a note.

DrK
2023-05-27, 12:31 PM
The golem is also swarmlike, so immune to all the statuses you can inflict. Just a note.

I felt sad for that wasted critical

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-28, 11:17 AM
Good news: the description has the robots (not golem) understanding common. I'll say they at least understand basic commands, maybe through hand signs/etc. This'll be fun!

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-30, 09:05 AM
Using the Titan Shield Armor Upgrade as a move action, Kisada forms a barrier of one way cover from his SE corner across straight to the west to cover his own squares and the square Iron Scanda is now in. The usage for Upgrade is listed as 10, I'm not sure if that is per turn of use or per activation as a whole, but since there is no duration listed I'm assuming it's per turn, which makes this thing eat power quickly.

The Core Rule book was written with a lot of gaps/assumptions on the author's part that weren't communicated well. Looking online, it seems the consensus is, if a time isn't listed, then it is per activation. Which I am going to rule means per fight. I know per activation means theoretically you can just walk around with it on all the time, but I don't think that was the intention either. You basically get to use that shield 4 times per battery and it used the super high capacity batteries. This also makes sense with the bit in the description about taking move actions to reposition.

Lord Bayushi
2023-05-30, 11:09 AM
Works for me. Thanks for the clarification.

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-30, 11:23 AM
[roll0]
On hit: [roll1] + [roll2]
Sorry to slow things down, but I just noticed that this was a crit. The security robots are vulnerable to crits (they do 150% damage), so, @ridai, you will need to roll your damage again, I'll total everything up and make it 150%.

Ridai
2023-05-30, 12:42 PM
150% Is this an enemy ability that they take less critical damage than double? [roll0] + [roll1]

edit: Wow, that TA roll.

rogue_alchemist
2023-05-30, 01:00 PM
150% Is this an enemy ability that they take less critical damage than double? [roll0] + [roll1]

edit: Wow, that TA roll.

NO you miss understand. They now take 150% of the total from that (it is not just 2x it is effectively 3x the damage).

grumblyarcher
2023-05-30, 10:30 PM
Alright, got a stockpile of abilities I've been husbanding for a bit. Time to do some serious tanking. With everything up and running FAR-US should be very hard to kill. I'm a little choked by the action economy at the moment but next round I'll be switching to my Polarity Gauntlets and changing their damage type to fire. Might do less damage than my armor's attacks and I can't full attack since I have to re-up the damage change with a swift action each round but I'll be more accurate and I can still boost the attack and deal splash damage to the hostile bots.

rogue_alchemist
2023-06-01, 09:53 AM
It looks like @ahyangyi is up. I will try to update quickly after their post.

Ridai
2023-06-01, 12:59 PM
I have a little "oh hey, I did something right" feeling since my choice of Gadgeteer and Quicker Trickler came in useful. Too bad it was because of Isar losing a leg. :smalleek:

grumblyarcher
2023-06-01, 02:06 PM
Damn, I forgot to take prosthetic limbs as my lower level minor gear arrays. No slightly worrying artificial legs made out of buzzing nanites for Isar.

Regardless, prosthetics and wheelchairs are cheap. We can get him back up and running soon.

Ridai
2023-06-01, 02:51 PM
I'll need to check medicine rules and the various tech/hybrid/magic items to see if there is anything about re-attaching limbs. Ramshackle is a good medic, has the Medic archetype, has an Advanced Medkit, and can just pull any item below 1 encumberance out of her Utility Belt, so maybe she can save the leg?

Lord Bayushi
2023-06-02, 01:14 AM
...maybe she can save the leg?

Ahh, no snack for Kisada. Unhappy bear.

Ridai
2023-06-02, 02:47 AM
Mental image of Ramshackle pulling Space Beef Jerky and Space Snickers for Kisada from her utility belt.

rogue_alchemist
2023-06-06, 07:28 AM
Alright, I am rolling for ahyangyi after a week of inactivity. Continuing to full attack like last round.

It looks like the robots do not make their will save, so this will be bad for them.

grumblyarcher
2023-06-06, 10:42 AM
Here's hoping it dies faster than I do.

grumblyarcher
2023-06-06, 10:45 AM
Can anyone deal cold damage with a spell?

Ridai
2023-06-06, 05:09 PM
Ram can pull a spell gem from her utility belt, but she can't use it, since she's not a spellcaster.

grumblyarcher
2023-06-07, 05:07 PM
That might be a sound tactical move. If we hit it with a spell that does cold damage, it'll be affected by the effects of the slow spell for a few rounds. That'll massively impede its ability to deal damage and we can get the wounded to safety.

Ridai
2023-06-07, 06:05 PM
Who in our party can use spell gems, though?

Feathersnow
2023-06-07, 06:31 PM
I know I can't, sorry

Lord Bayushi
2023-06-08, 12:42 AM
The mechanic can't use crystals, nor can his drone.

I apologize for my reduced post rate, it will probably continue for a week or so. I'm spending most of my free time with the Lord of Terror and the Daughter of Hatred (not nicknames for my in-laws, but there's a thought).

rogue_alchemist
2023-06-08, 06:31 AM
Isar could cast Embrace the Void (https://www.aonsrd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Embrace%20Of%20The%20Vo id&Family=None) at up to 5th level. Or Heat Leach (https://www.aonsrd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Heat%20Leech&Family=None) (a 5th level spell only). A 5th level spell gem will cost 10,500, which Ram would have access to. Up to yall what level you want to make it, but it'll take healing Isar again and giving him the spell gem. This means 1 round by Ram spent retrieving the spell gem and the healing serum. Then the next round administering the healing serum to an unconscious Isar and handing him the spell gem, then Isar spending his turn casting the spell and attempting to crawl away. This'll slow the golem for 3 rounds meaning it can only take a single move action or standard action (as well as swift, but not reactions). Up to yall to decide if it is worth it. Instead Ram can drag Isar up to half her normal movement speed or could attempt to reposition him. Dragging would provoke an attack of opportunity from the Golem, repositioning and just moving Isar 5 feet won't provoke, but will leave Ram next to the golem in the nanite cloudl Reposition is a standard action, so you can reposition and take a guarded step to move Isar, then step next to him.

Reposition
You change the target’s position to a different location still within your reach and within 5 feet of its original placement. You can move the target 5 additional feet for every 5 by which the result of your attack roll exceeds the target’s KAC + 8, but all movement must remain within your reach. You cannot move the target past an obstacle.

If you reposition a creature as a full action, you can move a distance equal to the distance you repositioned your target (up to your move speed), dragging the target along with you.

Ridai
2023-06-08, 08:47 AM
Wait, Akifansha knows Heat Leech. Maybe she can cast that next round?