PDA

View Full Version : Feral Stalker PrC

Stycotl
2007-12-03, 02:37 PM
a prc i have ben dreaming of for a while. i made a framework for it a few weeks ago, but hadn't fleshed it out.

couple of things i want still:

a: another feat requirement

b: i don't want a concrete code of conduct requirement if i don't have to, cuz i like putting that kind of thing in the hands of the dm, but it sounds weak as is.

c:i cannot figure out for the life of me how to do those templates and stuff...

d: oh, i'm sure there is a d floating in my brain somewhere...

sidenote: for those of you who can't stand the ToB, substitute martial adept stuff for 'has or qualifies for weapon specialization: bite, and claw' or something, and some other hocus pocus, and then give them a tactical feat at both levels where they would get a stance.

Feral Stalker

—Stares silently from the shadowy undergrowth, restless and hungry—
-Omen, the godblooded wolf spirit

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/182/f/a/Omen_by_stycotl.jpg

Feral Stalkers are--one and all of them--shifters of some sort, generally by nature, though there are those of learned or magical ability. They are the instinct to hunt and kill given flesh. They are the embodied primal power of nature.
Feral Stalkers are flighty creatures with tempestuous moods and unpredictable urges. They are passionate and fierce, and have great love and respect for the wild lands which they roam. They do not fare well in civilized areas, wasting away in suffocating despondency if made to stay away from their wilderness for too long. Generally nomads, these wild spirits tend to congregate into likeminded troupes, and can often be found in the company of natural lycanthropes, the fey, and druids and rangers.

HD: d10

Requirements
Alignment: Any chaotic
BAB: +8
Base Reflex Save: +7
Class Features: Skirmish +2d6/+2, Evasion
Feats: Guerilla Scout, Run
Skills: Hide 10 ranks, Martial Lore 7 ranks, Move Silently 10 ranks, and Survival 10 ranks
Maneuvers: Ability to use at least one 3rd level Tiger Claw maneuver and stance
Special: Must be a lycanthrope, have the Wildshape class ability, or have another means of assuming a carnivorous or fiercely omnivorous animal, beast, or dire animal form that has both bite and claw attacks. Must possess Fast Healing 1, or Regeneration 1 or higher as a feat, class feature, or creature’s Extraordinary Ability.
Code of Conduct: A feral stalker must live a lifestyle harmonious with the wild that surrounds and rejuvenates him. There is no specific rite or rule for this choice, but is generally similar to the respect for the wild that druids and rangers harbor. A feral stalker who lives contrary to this code of conduct will gain no more levels in this prestige class until he puts his life back in line

Class-skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Escape Artist, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (nature), Listen, Martial Lore, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Survival, Swim, and Tumble.
Skill-points per level: 4+Int modifier

FERAL STALKER
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Fast Move +10 feet, Skirmish +1d6

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Dire Talons, Rapid Shift

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Skirmish +1d6/+1

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Dire Fangs, Ghost in the Darkness

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Skirmish +2d6/+1

6th|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+2|Fast Move +10 feet, Feral Ambush

7th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+2|Skirmish +2d6/+2

8th|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+2|Hide in Plain Sight, Virile Blood

9th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+3|Skirmish +3d6/+2

10th|
+10|
+7|
+7|
+3|Alacritous Shift, Might of the Beast[/table]

Feral Stalker Maneuvers
{table=head]level|man known|man readied|stances known

1st|
1|
0|

2nd|
0|
1|

3rd|
1|
0|

4th|
0|
0|

5th|
1|
0|

6th|
0|
0|

7th|
1|
1|

8th|
0|
0|

9th|
1|
0|

10th|
0|
0|
0[/table]

Maneuvers: At first level and every odd level thereafter, a feral stalker gains new maneuvers known from the Shadow Hand or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full feral stalker levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
At 2nd and 7th level, you gain additional maneuvers readied per day.

Stances Known: At 4th and 8th level, you learn a new martial stance from the Shadow Hand or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet the stances prerequisites to learn it.

Fast Move (Ex): At first level you add +10 feet to your base movement speed.

Skirmish: As the scout class feature, in the Complete Adventurer.

Dire Talons: At 2nd level you gain the feat, Improved Natural Attack: Claws.

Rapid Shift (Ex): At 2nd level you can shift to and from your animal, beast, or dire animal form as a move action once per round. This does not give you extra shifts, Wildshapes, etc, if you have a finite amount per day.

Dire Fangs: At 4th level you gain the feat, Improved Natural Attack: Bite.

Ghost in the Darkness (Ex): At 4th level you become the archetype of the relentless, undetectable hunter. You may drop the benefits of any other stance you know as a Swift action to gain the benefits of this one as a swift action. When in this stance, and in your animal, beast, or dire animal form, you move as a wraith through natural terrain, ignoring all Hide and Move Silent penalties for speed. You also gain a circumstance bonus equal to your feral stalker level on Fortitude saves to resist exhaustion and fatigue effects, and a +20 foot increase to your base movement.

Feral Ambush (Ex): At 6th level, you can add skirmish damage to pounce and grapple damage, whether you have moved that round or not.

Hide in Plain Sight (Su): At 8th level, you can use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as he is within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, you can hide from view in the open without having anything to actually hide behind. You cannot, however, hide in your own shadow.

Virile Blood (Ex): At 8th level you gain a +2 bonus to your Fast Healing or Regeneration ability.

Alacritous Shift (Ex): At 10th level you can shift to and from your animal, beast, or dire animal form as a Swift action once per round. This does not give you extra shifts, Wildshapes, etc, if you have a finite amount per day.

Might of the Beast (Ex): At 10th level you learn to harness the full extent of the animalistic strength of your soul. You may drop the benefits of any other stance you know as a Swift action to gain the benefits of this one as a swift action. When in this stance, and in your animal, beast, or dire animal form, you grow one size increment, building hundreds of pounds of dense muscle and bone. Aside from size adjustments, you gain a +10 bonus to Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, complete immunity to any effect with the fear or pain subtype, and a +4 to all saves versus any other effect with the mind-affecting subtype. Your hide, scales, or fur thickens, becoming as strong as iron, adding +6 to your natural armor bonus. You gain the Diehard feat, and must be taken to -20 hp in order to die. The raw power of your natural attacks opens gaping, pulverized wounds; if you hit a foe more than once in a round with claw and bite attacks, each hit after the first deals an additional 2d6 damage of the appropriate type. Any time you confirm a critical with your claw or bite attacks, you force your foe to make a Fortitude save (DC is 10+feral stalker level+Constitution modifier) or become stunned for one round per point of Constitution modifier. There are two drawbacks to this stance, however. First, when leaving this stance, add up all of the damage that you took while in this stance (Whether already healed or not) and make a Fortitude save with a DC equal to half of that damage. If the save is successful, you gain a +4 morale bonus to all ability checks, skill checks, and saving throws for the next ten minutes as you revel in the afterglow of battle. If you fail the save, you are fatigued until you can receive the proper rest or healing that you require to restore your tortured body. Second, while in this stance, if you are not currently engaged in combat, you must roll a Will save (DC 10+your CR) each round, or fly into a berserk frenzy in which you attack the nearest living beings (regardless of who they are) until none are left in the immediate area, or until you are incapacitated or destroyed somehow. For that reason, this stance is hardly ever adopted until combat is imminent, or already at hand, and another stance quickly takes its place once the combat is ended.

Stycotl
2007-12-04, 03:17 PM
figured out the template for the prc table. still need one for the maneuvers table though.
aaron out.

reorith
2007-12-04, 05:22 PM
feral stalker manuvers
{table=head]level|man known|man readied|stances known

1st|
1|
0|

2nd|
0|
1|

3rd|
1|
0|

4th|
0|
0|

5th|
1|
0|

6th|
0|
0|

7th|
1|
1|

8th|
0|
0|

9th|
1|
0|

10th|
0|
0|
0[/table]

is this what you mean?

also skill focus(move silently) or skill focus(hide) could have aplace in the requirements

Stycotl
2007-12-05, 12:34 PM
thank you for the table, and the feedback. the skill focus feats were exactly what i was looking for. good idea. i decided to go with both of them, as i want to make this a prc attainable at 11th level. you might notice that i also tweeked the bab, base reflex save, and skill rank requirments. that was because i played around with the numbers, and made it so that in order to achieve this prc, one must take 7 levels of scout, or another class that gives both skirmish and evasion, and then 3 levels of a martial-bab class, preferrably warblade. it would be possible to do it going pure scout, but you wouldn't reach it until maybe level 11 (with flaws or something)or 15 for BAB and martial study/martial stance feats.