PDA

View Full Version : [5e]Meddling Kids OOC

MCerberus
2023-02-10, 08:14 PM
It's been a few years since the first "cognitive event" in Tokyo in the year 20xx. Strange occurrences of bizarre nearly occult behaviors effecting towns, sometimes nations that just seem to... stop, with the world moving on as if they hadn't happened. Conspiracy theories abound, but you have more personal matters to attend to. Each of you have found your way onto a train in the southwestern United States leading to an experimental new school selling itself as a place to forge the world's new best and brightest, the Cognitive Research Academy for Advanced Minds. For some of you this is your last chance, having been framed for, or possibly being guilty of a major trespass. Some of you may have volunteered out of ego, curiosity, or a desire to escape your old lives. In any case, your test results and living situation lead to this patch of the great American desert at sunset. The warm evening sun and soft percussion of the train rumbling along the track luring you to pass the time asleep.

Woman: And welcome again to the Velvet Room podcast. As always this is your hosts Mother Jones and Black Cat with Ig-
Man: Oh wow we are running behind schedule. Our wonderful producer Elizabeth is telling us our guests are already running out of time.
Woman: That time already? Well kiddies it looks like we don't have time for the interview.
Man: Time to wake up and survive, but remember, a little fire bomb never hurt anything.

Player
Sheet
Mundane Self
Alignment

Detective
Ethan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2751971)
Mythweavers (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2753993)
Necrotic

Obscurejones
Cynos (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2747278)
Complete, on-site
Radiant

Shiro_Nogard
Mark (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2751863)
Complete, on-site
Fire

Ninja Dragon
Nicholas (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2753332)
Complete, on-site
Lightning

Please paste your mundane character sheetlet here or otherwise check-in. This is also your last chance to specify any particular possessions you have with you there (like the first aid kid). Any last-minute edits can be made before you post your check-in here. Be sure you have the details of your incident finalized, it's going to... come up soon.

Campaign-Specific Home Rules

Note - These changes will hopefully speed up combat, which is a problem in pbp. Being smart with the initiative order and finding ways to have damage type coverage is going to make the party much more lethal, to match the setting

Poison: Poison effects and damage are changed to the Necrotic type
Thunder/Sonic: Is considered Force damage
Psychic Damage: Is considered Radiant damage
Acid: Is considered Lightning damage
The above ARE up for reconsideration with the goal of allowing desired fluff while limiting the amount of damage types to the pairs below

Elemental Affinity: Choose one of Fire, Ice, Lightning, Force, Radiant, Necrotic. Your Persona grants you resistance to that type of damage (does not stack with other sources like Dragon Sorcerer, etc) and weakness to its opposite. Hitting an enemy weak to your affinity with that damage type deals damage equal to your proficiency.
Elemental Weakness: A target hit with their elemental weakness grants advantage on all attacks made against it until its next initiative. Any healing or effect that cures the Frightened or Stunned condition removes this effect.
Part of Yourself: Fighters, Paladins, Ranger, and Barbarians added:monks (if you believe your class/specialization requires it please request) may sacrifice 1d4+ their level hitpoints to convert all slash/pierce/bludgeoning damage done with weapons during their next action to their elemental affinity.

All-Out Attack!: If all enemies are effected by elemental weakness, each party member may make a basic attack or cast a damaging at-will or cantrip spell against a target of their choice. Spells cast this way do not count against any limitations but cannot benefit from Sorcerer metamagic. All attacks automatically hit and are critical hits.

Messing with the initiative order: Is possible, but will take training and cooperation

Is it possible to bring character abilities into the real world? Ŵ̵̪̺̥̎́͂̏̋̚h̴̨̰͓͇̗̗̰͍̊̏̀̏͑̓̈́̍̕͘͜͜͝ạ̵̖̰̟̲̹͂̂̉̐̆͂ ̧̨̧̩͍̪̘̙ţ̸̧̛͙͍̭̠͙̩̟͕̻̗̩̥͚͒͐̓̔̊̄̔͛̈̏̕͘ ̷̧̠̰́̈̒̌͌̎͠͠ḑ̷̙͑͒̾͗͑̈́̇̉̇͆̍̕o̴͇͖̦͔̍͗͋͗̓͒͗͐̔̎̕͘ ̥̳̝ ̸̨̱͎͖̜̣͈̮̜̳͉̈́̋͛̑͝͠ÿ̴̢̳̬͚̗̱̟͚̞̱̺̖̀ͅȫ̶̘̀̈͊̔͂͆͛͗̈́̚ ̯̮̺̭͓̭͇ú̵̢̦͉̠̰̯̠̩̮̙̝̳͚̻͆̇̀̔͆͋̕͜͝ ̵̼͇̙̹̤̥̓͗̿̈́͊̑́̕͠ẃ̶̧̛̬̭͈̥͇͇̟̿̇̅͗̓̅̓̉͊͠ͅa̸̜̾͒͌̽͊̌̍͘ ̻n̴͙̭̘̊͛͆̈͑͒̿͝t̵͓̯̗̳͎̭͝ ̸̣̥̯̟͖̞͇̜͉̯̯͚̹̈̑͆͗̃́̕͘͝͝͝ͅt̸̛̛̙̫͉̠͎͓͍̰͆́̋́̃ó̷͑̎̃́ ̢̡̨͙͎̲͕̻̘͎̣̳̈́̿̓͐͜ ̴̧̼̬̙̗̦̥̩͕̈́̐͊͛̒͑̋͊̆̏͐̏̾͘b̷̻̬̦͕̃̃̒͐̎̒̊̑͝͝ͅe̷̒̊̅̃̌̊̓ ̧̲̦͎̗̟͔̣̣̿̋̀ ̵̛̰̙̥͌̓͑̀̔̍͘͝͠à̶̺̬̑͗ ̷̨̢̛̻̹̮͇͚̰̭̦͙͔̤̦̱̌̉͂́̏͛̂̓̓͂̇̄̊̐ģ̴̡̢̤̜̜̲͎̜̹͙͌́̓͗̍͜ ̘̣̖ǫ̷̠͕̳̯̱̣̝̠͇̙̒͆̄̑̇̇d̷͖̼͉̲̺̄̅̒̔̾̍

Obscurejones
2023-02-10, 08:19 PM
On mobile. Checking in. Full post Alright, I think this is our Persona's crunchy bits Cynos D'Ogenes (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2747278)

Persona Description
The lanky figure slouches from place to place, moving with an almost feral grace. To be impolite it gives off a faint musty smell, and when it smiles its teeth are pointed and sharp, shining out from beneath a face covered in a light golden fur. When he laughs it booms out, too loud and boisterous to be purely pleasant. This oddly built wolf of a man snakes out a limb from beneath his robe and it stretches too far by a measure before looping back around to scratch at his heavy gut.
"No, agreed master of tales. We should all wish to be D'Ogenes. But only one of us will be so lucky."

The figure stands seven feet at the shoulder but almost never rises to its full height. It keeps its arms tucked under it dirty white robe, only stretching them out when necessary, but they stretch a good ten feet when needed. He looks vaguely like something put together by the Henson Company, a troll or monster meant to accompany some waif on their journey. It's face is mostly human with a few doglike tendencies. When the robe shifts far enough it shows patchwork scraps of leather sewn into armor and a coil of knotted leather hanging at the hip. Runes of ancient greek are scratched into the armor and robe with a bit of charcoal.

Cool Teen
"Everyone wants to be a hero, right?

But not... No one wants to be THE hero. They want to be the cool guy standing on the side. It's like Star Wars. Luke's the Hero, but Han's who you'd want to be. Madmartigan! You, ever see Willow? It's this old movie from the eighties. A young Val Kilmer looking like crap, but still incredibly attractive because he's a young Val Kilmer. You want to be the rogue, the lancer, the Green Ranger. No one wants to just be the hero.

But to be the sixth man you have to start out on the wrong side. So... I worked at it. Lie, cheat, steal things.

Eddie Guerrero! That's another one! Way better then Rey Mysterio.

We're hitting critical mass. Did enough to get shipped away. Meet my fellow cool happening teens... Who don't know me from Adam. I can be that guy! I can be the sixth man!

As long as they don't figure out how much media criticism it took to get to this point."

Alex shares a lankiness with his persona, but where the dog man D'Ogenes seems entirely at peace with his odd frame Alex is constantly pulling himself in, his slouch a tense nervous desire to keep limbs that are suddenly too long from accidentally touching anything. He stands six foot two and is entirely not sure what to do with such a frame, somewhat aware that there is an expectation that his size means something but unsure what to do about it. When he speaks in public it's with a biting wit and bravado that is he hopes not too obviously covering up a desperate desire to be liked or thought of as interesting. His hair is like his limbs, too long in an awkward way a mop of frizzy curly brown that he has yet to learn how to manage, but he has some vague idea that letting it get properly long will be the key to making it work. It isn't there yet.

Strength 9
Dexterity 12
Constitution 10
Intelligence 12
Wisdom 10
Charisma 13

Proficiencies
Sleight of Hand
Deception

Language
English
Classical Greek

Also, Radiant.

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-10, 09:07 PM
Sup.

Post later.

Detective
2023-02-10, 09:08 PM
Posting in.
Mundane character sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2751971
Stats:
STR:10
DEX:10
CON:9
INT:13
WIS:12
CHA:12
Proficiencies in Medicine & Nature.

Starting luggage:
50$
Spare change of clothes.
Suitcase filled with essentials (Toothbrush, soap, toothpaste and the like)
First Aid Kit.
Phone & Charger.
21 Pills for Ethan's blood disease. (Needs to take one per day to avoid any negative effects. Picked the amount of pills arbitarily - If you think the number should be different, tell me and I'll change it up)

Since there was a a bit of a hiccup by me earlier about affinities and feats, let me finalize it here:
I'll be sticking to the necrotic affinity and the poisoner feat as I originally had in mind. It'll give me a reason to flex up and use the nature proficiency more often, too :smile:

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-10, 11:34 PM
Sup?

Mark forest. (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2751863)
Just traded the 4th level feat for +2 dex. Will retrain at level 8th to get 2 feats.

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-11, 12:25 PM
Human name is Nicholas "Nick" Franklin, persona is Nikola Tesla (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2753332).

Mundane character stats are in the Stats Block section, along with backstory.

Starting luggage:

$50
Phone/charger
Clothes for a few days
Suitcase filled with essentials (Toothbrush, soap, toothpaste and the like)
A small tookbox with some tiny tools he managed to grab from his dad's workshop (not enough for big things, but might help pick a lock or unscrew a bolt, for example).
Some books: a science fiction novel, a book with short biographies of the most notorious 20th century scientists and a book about modern inventions that may or may not happen in the near future.

I have also picked my infusions: Enhanced Arcane Focus, Enhanced Defense, Bag of Holding and Boots of the Winding Path. The last one is UA, so I request permission to use it.

MCerberus
2023-02-11, 05:39 PM
Don't worry about these. worry about these
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

MCerberus
2023-02-11, 06:16 PM
IC up (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?654098-5e-Meddling-Kids)
Oh and you're all in imminent danger

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-11, 06:44 PM
Is the lever inside my cell? Can I pull it?

Either way, I'd like to investigation to see if I can figure out what the lever does or where it is connected to, before I pull it.

[roll0]

Edit: well I hope it's obvious.

MCerberus
2023-02-11, 06:53 PM
Is the lever inside my cell? Can I pull it?

Either way, I'd like to investigation to see if I can figure out what the lever does or where it is connected to, before I pull it.

[roll0]

Edit: well I hope it's obvious.

It's wired to the pod, most definitely. Pullable? you should be able to

Detective
2023-02-11, 07:15 PM
I'll like to do an investigation or perception check to see the condition of the humans if possible. Both physically and mental: Do they look famished & malnoutrished? Scared? Things of that nature.
Roll: [roll0] (The bonus is the same for perception and investigation)

Edit: Well... That was a nat 1 roll. This doesn't look good :D

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-11, 10:34 PM
Posted in. Tried to get all I could get from him. But I guess that's not my forte.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-12, 12:26 AM
Itching to read the spoilers.

MCerberus
2023-02-12, 12:58 AM
I think you're all going to need at least an additional insight roll for your situations

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-12, 02:00 AM
On the tread or here?

MCerberus
2023-02-12, 02:10 AM
I did the rolls above

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-12, 04:48 AM
Do I see any object around me I could interact with? Something that could be used as a weapon?

Am I carrying anything besides my clothes?

I also intend to reply to the totalynottesla figure but I figure I'd try to look around to see what I can do by myself first.

Btw, I started making this post in the IC thread by mistake then I noticed and deleted it so now I'm posting it here. I had made a Perception roll in there to see what I could find. It was an 8. Sorry for the trouble.

Also making an Insight roll now: [roll0]

MCerberus
2023-02-12, 10:50 AM
Do I see any object around me I could interact with? Something that could be used as a weapon?

Am I carrying anything besides my clothes?

I also intend to reply to the totalynottesla figure but I figure I'd try to look around to see what I can do by myself first.

Btw, I started making this post in the IC thread by mistake then I noticed and deleted it so now I'm posting it here. I had made a Perception roll in there to see what I could find. It was an 8. Sorry for the trouble.

Also making an Insight roll now: [roll0]

You have on your person besides your clothes anything that your character thinks is in their pocket, and the insight check would mean that it's everything that IS in your character's pocket (DC5). You are currently still your mundane character

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-12, 11:10 AM
Just money and phone, then.

Detective
2023-02-12, 11:37 AM
Posted too.

Good luck all, don't die! :smile:

MCerberus
2023-02-12, 06:58 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Now don't instinctively kill each other just because the beings that forced you into having powers under duress are mortal enemies.

MCerberus
2023-02-13, 07:07 PM
Missed two initiatives, so in the future I'll make sure the request for initiatives get put in OOC in the future

[roll0]
[roll1]

edit - and for clarity everyone has full access to all equipment and skills on their sheet. You're all now bound to shared fictions floating on the sea of souls. Good stuff.

Obscurejones
2023-02-13, 08:27 PM
Can you add the house rules to the first OOC post?

MCerberus
2023-02-13, 08:35 PM
Can you add the house rules to the first OOC post?
It's an illusion it was always there
Added.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-13, 09:56 PM
Just want t make sure, they are Flat foot and prone? Do we get advantage and an AOO when they get up? Its been some time since I play 5e so I want to be sure. I am away from my books ATM am finishing some work so I will post in a few hours.

MCerberus
2023-02-13, 11:24 PM
They are flat-footed in the surprise round which is over

AoO work differently than 3.x. And remember this is a bonus action
You can make an opportunity attack when a hostile creature that you can see moves out of your reach.

Standing from prone is half your movement range.

They nerfed tripping enemies

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-14, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the reminder.

Re-reading the rules again. Don't want to slow this.

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-14, 05:39 AM
Missed two initiatives, so in the future I'll make sure the request for initiatives get put in OOC in the future

[roll0]
[roll1]

edit - and for clarity everyone has full access to all equipment and skills on their sheet. You're all now bound to shared fictions floating on the sea of souls. Good stuff.

You did not request for initiative in my spoiler post, only in other people's. You also only mentioned that we get surprise rounds on other people's spoilers. I'm only learning about it now because I decided to read everyone's spoilers to learn what is going on, because the info in mine left me confused at what is happening.

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-14, 07:55 AM
I'll be posting today after Im back from work.

Edit: posted.

Detective
2023-02-14, 03:23 PM
Posted. Went with Part of Yourself and sacrificed 5 HP to turn my damage necrotic. Let's see if it is worth it :cool:

MCerberus
2023-02-14, 07:48 PM
Will get the full post up after social engagement, but is Mark attacking Guard(Ra) or Guard(Fr)?

MCerberus
2023-02-15, 10:20 PM
Sorry for the delay, had some mental health emergency in my friend group, going to get combat updated tomorrow over lunch.

MCerberus
2023-02-16, 09:08 PM
So can't preview posts with rolls,

vs Alex: [roll0] vs 16
[roll1]

vs Ethan: [roll2] vs 14
[roll3]

vs Mark: [roll4] vs 17
[roll5]

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-17, 12:10 AM
So can't preview posts with rolls,

Also cant add the rolls after the initial attack. :/ Adding them here.

[roll0] Should have been +7 for a 23
[roll1]
[roll2] Should have been +7 for a 10
[roll3]

Detective
2023-02-17, 04:40 PM
Posted. To quickly clarify, Slayer's Foe is meant to proc on the first successful hit, not specifically on the first attack. I'll remember to write it down in future actions.

Also, I have a question about the rullings. If I want to switch from using the swords to draw out the bow and attack with it, how many actions will that take? From memory, you can generally sheath or unsheath a weapon once per turn.

Obscurejones
2023-02-18, 11:11 AM
Double question! Are we currently flanking, and are we using any flanking rules?

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-18, 03:28 PM
Question on roleplay: did we become our personas, in terms of personality, or are we still the normal teens, only in different, more powerful bodies? Or is it something in-between?

Because I'm pretty much roleplaying the mad scientist persona I've created, but I've noticed other players seem to be focusing more on the teen character.

Detective
2023-02-18, 05:57 PM
An inquiry about elemental weakness.

When you hit a target with its elemental weakness, all other attacks against it are supposed to have initative. How should we approach this if someone hit them twice in the same turn using the element they are weak too?

MCerberus
2023-02-18, 07:28 PM
Double question! Are we currently flanking, and are we using any flanking rules?

I like the 4e version of the rule that flanking grants advantage. If we would like to adopt that or a rule that you can link we can vote to adopt. Since it's a listed optional but I didn't specify we can specify it now that we are using it, just like how we're using feats.

edit - to clarify, right now Ethan would be granting Nick flanking advantage under the 4e rule. Ethan would not have advantage due to Nick using a ranged weapon. RAW 5e optional flanking, nobody has advantage right now

Question on roleplay: did we become our personas, in terms of personality, or are we still the normal teens, only in different, more powerful bodies? Or is it something in-between?

Because I'm pretty much roleplaying the mad scientist persona I've created, but I've noticed other players seem to be focusing more on the teen character.

Well the key concept is that you're in the cognitive world. It's largely your character's brain being unleashed and, except for your persona's influence your cognitive self is whatever you think it is. You could go full mad scientist, listen to the whispers a whole bunch, adopt a different mask than the real world but still a specific personality you keep around this group of beings, or you can just shrug and be your mundane self wearing jeans.

Having you, your stuff, and the world respond to your thoughts could be abusable. We're talking stuff like ordering a replica Excalibur off ebay and bringing it in makes it to some extent real. Fruit smoothies become health potions. And having the mundane self impacted by the cognitive world, well

find the earth mother

An inquiry about elemental weakness.

When you hit a target with its elemental weakness, all other attacks against it are supposed to have initative. How should we approach this if someone hit them twice in the same turn using the element they are weak too?

I'm dividing it by actions. The weakness gets applied at the end of the action when results are being announced. So let's say a fighter at level 5 has polearm spec. The attack action is a standard action and the fighter gets to swing twice and deal bonus damage on hit. Enemy(ies) hit grant advantage after the action is completed. If the fighter action surges, they get another attack action. This attack action could have advantage.

The +proficiency damage is applied to every damage source. So when I'm tracking hp of the enemies, they're taking your proficiency as necrotic damage from your weapon attack, and then additionally from your class feature.

Detective
2023-02-18, 09:32 PM
Going to roll insight to see if I pass the DC.
[roll0]

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-19, 05:42 AM
Got it. I think I have an idea of how this will work out. I'll be tying it to the Int stat. Whenever Nick is using it, he will be more like the mad genius. If he is not, he will feel like a teen again.

Btw, did the force cannon I fired in the same turn as the chaos bolt not hit? I am making two attacks per turn.

MCerberus
2023-02-20, 08:36 PM
[roll0]
This is the vs prone without showing the modifier

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-21, 06:43 AM
Alex asked me if I got a science idea on people evaporating and I figure I wanna check it:

Arcana (Science): [roll0]

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-21, 08:17 AM
Also add a d4 to the roll from Mark of Making

[roll0]

MCerberus
2023-02-21, 05:13 PM
Alex asked me if I got a science idea on people evaporating and I figure I wanna check it:

Arcana (Science): [roll0]

I'll paste this into a spoiler reply IC unless you're okay with just having it here
That shouldn't happen. No heat, light, movement. Either there's something messing with the law of preservation or something 'out there' is happening. Due to a sharp mind and previous reading on your part, a good candidate would be nanomachines, but the guard's equipment looked too... traditional for that.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-21, 07:48 PM
Just found the IC was updated. Also, got myself down. :/
Unconscious at -7 unless my math is off. I will watch the tread.

Death save 1
[roll0]

Detective
2023-02-21, 09:06 PM
Oh dear. Quick question, do I have a healer's kit from the first aid I took in the luggage? If not, can I use a medicine check to stabilize Mark?

MCerberus
2023-02-21, 10:39 PM
If you don't overthink it, you'll have the healer kit. Just don't think about how you don't have your regular real-world backpack

Detective
2023-02-21, 11:45 PM
Made my post. To keep track, I added 'Healer's Kit' to the mythweavers sheet and retracted one usage of it.

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-22, 11:58 AM
I'll paste this into a spoiler reply IC unless you're okay with just having it here
That shouldn't happen. No heat, light, movement. Either there's something messing with the law of preservation or something 'out there' is happening. Due to a sharp mind and previous reading on your part, a good candidate would be nanomachines, but the guard's equipment looked too... traditional for that.

I'm fine either way, thanks.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-22, 10:34 PM
Tried to fund a ra's al ghul saying "Thank you Detective". But couldn't find it.

Detective
2023-02-23, 12:11 PM
Quick note, I realized I still had a bonus action to use, so so I've added in that I used it to apply Slayer's Prey on the remaining guard.
I'll need to remember doing it often each time I can on a new a target.

MCerberus
2023-02-23, 08:57 PM
Going to chill a bit and get the post up a bit later tonight. I managed to get stuck in traffic jams in 3 separate states today and just need to walk around Knoxville for a bit so my legs remember they have use.

Detective
2023-02-24, 12:39 PM
Rolling here for the constitution saving throw to maintain concentration on ensnaring strike. DC is 10
[roll0]

Welp, that's a natural one :redface:

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-24, 04:23 PM
Does "take one turn" mean we have to use a Dash to get to where the other two are? If so, do I still have my bonus action to fire the cannon during that turn?

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-24, 07:47 PM
Somehow I became the damsel in distress. :p

Detective
2023-02-24, 09:55 PM
Another hit in, and I'll be the second one! :wink:

MCerberus
2023-02-24, 10:11 PM
If you chose to move to the other combat the movement would be more than a double-move, an all-out sprint where you would this turn decide to move and then move into the combat order.

And in the future I can see how a chain of rolls means the elemental weakness exploitation is less than I expected. Further encounters won't have modifications to the foe's stat blocks. I'm making a note here so I don't forget for if/when we get a large block of RP to get distracted with.
you're fighting roided-up bugbears right now oddly. Bounded accuracy is weird

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-25, 05:21 AM
Tbh there aren't that many lightning spells in the game even if you add acid, so I won't be using my element most of the time. I knew that when I made the character though.

I think the most promising one will be Acid Splash, once I hit level 5, because my subclass gives it a bonus too.

MCerberus
2023-02-25, 05:30 PM
That's the idea behind giving martials another way to on-demand their damage type, since casters will be inherently more versatile in type selection.

End of combat coming up. Unless you're running away from each other, feel free to post with awareness of what both 'groups' are doing.

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-25, 05:54 PM
I have cure wounds prepared but I don't know you folks yet so I doing a round of asking what the hell is going on before I enact the defibrilator montage.

Detective
2023-02-25, 07:28 PM
Quick inquiry. If I want to do a more thorough examination of the figures that have been revealed after we defeated the guards, what rolls should I do?

I want to examine what they have on their person, and what injuries or other medical conditions they might have in hopes of finding a pattern.

MCerberus
2023-02-25, 09:00 PM
Pair a perception and insight, and you'd have to do it the very next thing and hope nobody wants to distract you.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-25, 10:18 PM
Thought I had stabilized. Should start another save?

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-25, 10:26 PM
Thought I had stabilized. Should start another save?

Iirc "stabilized" means you are now at 0 HP and have to wait a number of hours to wake up.

While magic healing means you are back into playing again.

So healing kits are useful to get you out of having to roll death saves, but if you want back into combat instantly, you need magic.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-02-25, 11:07 PM
I seemed to have read different. Got confused. :p

Also, the GM implied that a good shaking could help.

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-26, 05:39 AM
Oh. I didn't pay attention to that.

Maybe this part of the story at the cognitive world is over and we are about to go back (which may be the equivallent of a long rest), so mechanically it doesn't matter?

MCerberus
2023-02-26, 01:12 PM
Oh. I didn't pay attention to that.

Maybe this part of the story at the cognitive world is over and we are about to go back (which may be the equivallent of a long rest), so mechanically it doesn't matter?

The cadence of how time is going to go by generally isn't conducive to waiting hours, so any shortcuts you think will work will have a chance. Bad ideas will get the "are you sure" warning.

Detective
2023-02-27, 06:59 PM
Rolling insight:

[roll0]

Ninja Dragon
2023-02-28, 04:03 AM
Insight: [roll0]

Shiro_Nogard
2023-03-03, 01:40 AM
Dropping real fast to report. Work have been a drag. Will get back to posting tomorrow.
Feel free to RP if you have the need.

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-03, 04:14 AM
I'm pretty much ready to go to the next room. But I'm also fine with waiting for Mark to react to the current scene.

Detective
2023-03-03, 06:41 AM
Likewise. I've been waiting for other people's reactions first in the meantime.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-03-03, 10:54 PM
Thanks. I am tired. But posting in a minute.

MCerberus
2023-03-04, 07:08 PM
Would like to give Alex a chance to check in before the elevator doors close, if that's the direction you are going in

MCerberus
2023-03-06, 05:28 PM
Shall I poke the party into taking action or if are you agreeing with the elevator?

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-07, 05:33 AM
Elevator for me.

Obscurejones
2023-03-07, 08:26 AM
Cynos’ll follow the group. Elevator works for me.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-03-07, 10:30 AM
Elevator for me

Detective
2023-03-07, 10:49 PM
Elevator works!

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-10, 05:27 AM
1d20+4 Perception

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-10, 05:28 AM
Oops

Perception:

[roll0]

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-10, 05:31 AM
If anyone is interested, I can cast Magic Weapon once per day. Not sure if we will have another combat, but this seems like a good time to use it.

Detective
2023-03-10, 11:13 AM
Rolling perception.
[roll0]

Shiro_Nogard
2023-03-10, 05:04 PM
If anyone is interested, I can cast Magic Weapon once per day. Not sure if we will have another combat, but this seems like a good time to use it.
Save it for someone else. Cant say it will work for me ATM.

Rolling

Perception.
[roll0]
Insight
[roll1]

Detective
2023-03-12, 01:26 AM
Rolling!
Perception:
[roll0]
Insight:
[roll1]

Edit:
Also, is there any information about where the creature is headed?

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-12, 04:46 AM
Perception: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

Shiro_Nogard
2023-03-12, 08:38 PM
Perception:
[roll0]
Insight:
[roll1]

Detective
2023-03-16, 12:17 PM
I'll wait for the other characters' opinions before I'll try talking with the guard dog.

MCerberus
2023-03-16, 06:58 PM
I would like to congratulate the impulse of befriending the 'is the party full of murderers' test.

MCerberus
2023-03-17, 09:35 AM
Can you roll for making contact with guard-bot? This is far enough out of the normal social comfort zone that nerves/poor delivery could easily happen.

That sounds like persuasion as-written but I'll allow you to reconsider if you want to use a different skill.

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-17, 10:19 AM
[cries in 0 cha]

Definitely shouldn't be the one doing this but my character is letting his curiosity get the best of him.

About the skill, I have no idea. Knowledge arcana for science, maybe? Or insight?

MCerberus
2023-03-17, 11:31 AM
The bot is not hostile, so don't worry about one bad check. If you say or do something that will cause immediate aggression, I will DM "are you sure" you. That said,
If you are interfacing with the dog with your mouth, and you are not speaking hexadecimal characters, the situation calls for a charisma skill.

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-17, 03:16 PM
Well here goes nothing.

[roll0]

MCerberus
2023-03-19, 10:40 PM
Can I get a deception roll for that one?

Detective
2023-03-20, 03:25 AM
Here goes nothing.

Deception roll.
[roll0]

Edit: Not too bad.

Shiro_Nogard
2023-03-21, 09:09 PM
Going for the pod. Anyone against the idea?

Ninja Dragon
2023-03-22, 04:28 AM
Let's go.

10char

Detective
2023-03-22, 12:11 PM
I'm in. Be it a trap or a way out, I'll be taking that pod with everyone else.

MCerberus
2023-03-24, 12:25 PM
Poking for ObscureJones

Obscurejones
2023-03-25, 03:04 PM
Apologies, ill this week, it’s been sleep and also sleep for the last five days. I’ll chime in the IC but am fine to hatch.

MCerberus
2023-03-26, 10:27 PM
Weekend got weird, will get up IC post during the day tomorrow, assuming the US air force doesn't lock themselves out of every one of their accounts on our software by forgetting password. Again.

Ninja Dragon
2023-04-02, 05:27 AM
I take it our luggage is still here?

MCerberus
2023-04-02, 06:02 PM
I take it our luggage is still here?

From the perspective of everyone else, nothing at all happened, and your luggage items etc are all still there

Detective
2023-04-12, 08:52 AM
For fun's sake, I'll be rolling insight to see if Ethan can spot Nick is acting off.
[roll0]
You can roll deception if you want, of course!

Ninja Dragon
2023-04-12, 03:50 PM
Sure! It will be funny if I actually deceive you though.

[roll0]

Ninja Dragon
2023-04-13, 03:28 PM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/821772125790535720/1096168262280167526/image0.jpg

Cynos is hardcore.

MCerberus
2023-04-14, 01:22 PM
Do we want to skip sandwiches and small chat to get settled in the rooms and/or later that night?

Obscurejones
2023-04-16, 10:13 PM
Sounds like a plan.

Ninja Dragon
2023-04-18, 04:53 AM
Sure.

10char

Detective
2023-04-18, 12:42 PM
We can do that. So long as we agree Ethan ate an Avocado sandwich :smallsmile:

MCerberus
2023-04-19, 06:00 PM
Alright guys, I've been looking at the slowdowns going on and it seems like we're coming to a point of bad news:

I don't see the mixed daytime splits and nighttime adventuring working going forward as a forum post. It just seems that getting de-synced for any of a million reasons that would happen would drag part of the game at the expense of the other world part, even if we abbreviate the daytime. This would require IRL or discord sessions that are not available in the format to work.

We can try to keep going on but I feel we're all going to see what I'm talking about within the first days, which will be longer considering the needing to get used to the new real world part. I am open to suggestions on how we can keep the party timelines together even if they're doing different activities, but this is my viewpoint right now.

Ninja Dragon
2023-04-21, 06:14 PM
I don't know if this applies here, but the most succesful PbP experience I've had was half discord (text, not voice). We used discord for OoC talk and also for downtime activities, where the DM would open a number of chats for players to do things, sometimes in pairs, sometimes alone (with npcs). Sometimes we would roleplay two different moments of that character's story at the same time in those downtime chats. We also rolled on discord and decided the main gameplay actions there, and the forum was only ever used when the actions were already decided and we only needed to write the IC flavor. So the forum thread looked like a book, while the "game" was all happening in the discord server. We would often run multiple rounds in a single day even though we weren't available to write long forum posts, and add those to the thread later when we got home.

Eventually, we even got bored of the forum and migrated the IC posts to discord too, but both the former and the later models worked fine.

The game lasted almost a year and was a complete campaign with fast enough pacing most of the time.

I don't know what exactly you are planning for your daytime though, and this is just a suggestion. Also bare in mind that I'm not suggesting we use voice chat, just text. Also I don't know if everyone here has discord and is willing to use it, either.

Detective
2023-04-22, 11:14 AM
If it helps, I have discord too.

Obscurejones
2023-04-25, 08:37 AM
Thirded, if needed.

MCerberus
2023-05-01, 06:40 PM
Sorry to take so long but IRL friend health stuff came up over the weekend, but along the way I don't think I can discord DM until allergy season dies down a bit in any case, due to respitory issues on top of the length it took everyone to reply (or 3/4 the party)