PDA

View Full Version : Level 12 Pathfinder Fighter. MAXIMIZING HIT AND DAAMGE.

Nosta
2023-02-14, 04:12 PM
Planning A Human Fighter with Advanced Armor and.weapon Training I plan to use a long bow.

Honestly im rebuidling My Archer from.a.year ago when I was in the game

I was made useless 2 Times once not as bad
That was when we where fighting a white Dragon .
But when it realized it was losing it Created a Blizzard and my Arrows where useless

2nd time we fought a Green Drsgon and I my First attack in the round was +28 and I Rolled a 19 and was told I did hit so sadly I I got a little salty cause obviously if 19 dose not hit on my highest bab attack then if the t rest of hits don't see a roll of 20 then its just pointless.

Also Need to get Around wind Effects

The Game point buy 20
Wealth as a level 12 character.

What should my ability Scores , Feats and items look like to Be able to Hit and Ac of 46 about 70% of time

Also I like to actually have my Arrows hurt a lot too .

Kurald Galain
2023-02-14, 04:31 PM
Be able to Hit and Ac of 46 about 70% of time

Say what now? A tough encounter for your level, CR 15, would have an average armor class of 30, not anywhere near 46. A great wyrm green dragon (of CR 20) has an AC substantially less than 46.

I call shenanigans.

DrMartin
2023-02-14, 05:10 PM
To get around environmental effects, including wind, there's the Cyclonic weapon enhancement (+2). Warrior Spirit enhanced weapon training is an easy way to always have it on hand, as well as a good option for advanced weapon training anyway.

Against wind specifically you can enhance your bow with Silver Nocking Point (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/r-z/silver-nocking-point) which reduces wind severity by 1 degree.

And on the to hit, i call shenanigans as well. Possibly the dragon had crazy buffs? still with a 47 you would have hit a (CR20) great wyrm green dragon who had shield, mage armor and cat's grace on. The highest published AC for CR20 monsters is 42 (pre buffs). For CR12 average ac is 27. So yeah. +28 is fine. If the GM feels that is not OK that your character has an easy time hitting things and knee-jerk buffs their stats, maybe needs just a reminder that hitting things is what your character is supposed to be good at :D

Just be sure to get blind fight, improved precise shot and circuitous shot to be able to deal with concealment and cover, two of the big shut-downs for martials.

Firebug
2023-02-14, 06:40 PM
As far as the Green Dragon goes, are you sure you missed due to AC?
The Adult Green Dragon(CR12) has Mirror Image, and the Ancient (CR 17) is listed as Displacement and Mirror Image. Perhaps you missed a description or the GM just didn't tell your Fighter about the spell buffs?

If you can't hit regular AC, debuff the enemy. Tangleshot Arrows (https://aonprd.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Arrow%20(tangle shot)) target Touch AC, and while they do no damage they give the Entangled Condition, which is -4 dex and -2 to attacks (and half movement, save DC 10 or be glued to the ground). At worse, the target spends an action to break the entangle. Throw a Ghast Retch Flask (https://aonprd.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Ghast%20retch%2 0flask) to give it Sickened automatically and a save for Nauseated.

Pick up a musket(or half a dozen with quick draw) and a white opalescent pyramid ioun stone (https://aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ioun%20Stone%2 0Opalescent%20White%20Pyramid) for touch AC attacks that work with most of your archery feats anyway.

icefractal
2023-02-15, 02:01 PM
Gunslinger would be a good option if the advanced firearms are available. Very few things have a touch AC high enough to even be an issue for a full-BAB high-Dex attacker.

By 12th level, the cost of ammo should be trivial, and you'll be able to have plenty of feat support.

You can also do this as a Fighter with the Trench Fighter archetype, but I'm not sure there's any advantage to that unless you want to multiclass with something else.