Transmutation [Buff][Law]
Level: Bard 1, Money 1
Components: V, S, M, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Creature touched
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: Will Negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: No

This spell transforms gold or any other substance of widely accepted precious value into muscle, albeit temporarily. As part of casting this spell, you touch the valuables to be sacrificed, and utter the words, "You too can have a body like mine."

The valuables immediately vanish and your finger glows with their golden power. The next humanoid, giant, monstrous humanoid, native outsider, animal or magical beast touched gains an enhancement bonus to their Strength and Charisma scores, and a competence bonus on their Strength and Charisma-based skills, based on the chart below.

You cannot power this spell with money that has not been given or traded to you by its legitimate owner.

Money Sacrificed | Bonus | Duration
100 GP | +1 | 1 month
400 GP | +2 | 2 weeks
900 GP | +3 | 1 week
1600 GP | +4 | 4 days
2500 GP | +5 | 2 days
3600 GP | +6 | 1 day
4900 GP | +7 | 8 hours
6400 GP | +8 | 4 hours
8100 GP | +9 | 2 hours
10000+ GP | +10 | 1 hour

Focus: A tattered magazine of questionable quality.

The d20 modern version of this spell uses an email client as the focus instead. :D

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-12-03, 04:51 PM
You forgot to take away the bits about rock to mud.

AstralFire
2007-12-03, 04:52 PM
You forgot to take away the bits about rock to mud.

Whoops. Thought I cleared that out, thanks.

DracoDei
2007-12-03, 04:53 PM
[Buff] is not usually a spell type, but since this is a joke spell that is OK.
Most adventurers get their stuff from killing things. So does that mean you have to exchange all the coinage you get on an adventure at a money changer before you can use it to power this spell? What about swapping coins of equal value with other party members?
I like that the cheaper versions actually last longer... nice touch.

AstralFire
2007-12-03, 04:54 PM
Most adventurers get their stuff from killing things. So does that mean you have to exchange all the coinage you get on an adventure at a money changer before you can use it to power this spell? What about swapping coins of equal value with other party members?

If you are in a region where you are legitimately allowed to kill monsters and take their stuff, then it works.

Jarchh
2007-12-03, 05:25 PM
Thats a good looking spell, its a bit silly but I can really see it working. It gives a bonus that is worth the money, but scales so that it cant be abused. :smallsmile: