PDA

View Full Version : Catalogues of the enlightenment, what's your cleric level?

Soranar
2023-02-15, 08:20 PM
''this is found in planar handbook''

If I take the catalogue of enlightment feat, I get a cleric domain ability even without being a cleric

but what's my cleric level for level dependant abilities?

1 class (say all my wizard levels?) or my ECL ?

or I don't have a cleric level and level dependant abilities don't work?

Fero
2023-02-15, 08:48 PM
I think this is a situation where RaW your cleric level is 0 but the RaI was probably to just use your HD. I think most DMs would go with the later interpretation.

Crake
2023-02-15, 09:19 PM
I think this is a situation where RaW your cleric level is 0 but the RaI was probably to just use your HD. I think most DMs would go with the later interpretation.

I wouldnt be so sure about your assertion.

I personally go with the 0 cleric levels interpretation. Theres a lot of domains that dont scale with levels that can be used, so its not like that suddenly makes it disfunctional or something.

Soranar
2023-02-15, 10:48 PM
I wouldnt be so sure about your assertion.

I personally go with the 0 cleric levels interpretation. Theres a lot of domains that dont scale with levels that can be used, so its not like that suddenly makes it disfunctional or something.

so if an ability adds skills to your cleric skill list, it doesn't do anything either? I really wish they had bothered to add a single sentence to clarify this

Crake
2023-02-15, 11:05 PM
so if an ability adds skills to your cleric skill list, it doesn't do anything either? I really wish they had bothered to add a single sentence to clarify this

Seems like, yeah. This is why i use pathfinder’s once a class skill always a class skill system instead

Chronos
2023-02-16, 05:14 PM
Just to keep everyone on the same page, the feat is called Planar Touchstone. The Catalogues of Enlightenment are just one of the many options for the feat.

Complicating things even further, the feat itself gives you a process for changing which touchstone you attune to, so you can easily lose that domain granted power again, or re-gain a different one. Which could make some granted powers (like making skills class skills, assuming that works at all) even weirder.