PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warblade (or Mule) Magic Item suggestions?

Cyberweasel89
2023-02-17, 01:08 AM
We just got out of a 3.5e session and our DM gave each of us a choice for one Magic Item. We have a week to decide.

It can't be a Lesser/Greater Artifact and he has the right to veto any Magic Item we tell him we want. He also says we can choose Epic-level Magic Items, but we won't be able to use them until Epic Level.

My character:
Basics
Race: Human (Minotaur Bloodline)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Fharlanghn
Class: Fighter/Warblade gestalt
Level: 10
HP: 160

Ability Scores
Strength: 19
Dexterity: 12
Constitution: 18
Wisdom: 14
Intelligence: 17
Charisma: 20

Feats
-Weapon Prof: GHMGH
-Power Attack
-Improved Bull Rush
-Script Martial Scroll
-Weapon Focus: GHMGH
-Endurance
-Power Crit: GHMGH
-Shock Trooper
-Leap Attack
-Alertness
-Improved Crit: GHMGH
-Diehard
-Cleave

Special Abilities
-Recessive Cunning (+10 innate bonus to resist maze spells and navigate mazes)
-Pounce

Manuevers
-Moment of Perfect Mind (Diamond)
-Ruby Nightmare Blade (Diamond)
-Disrupting Blow (Diamond)
-Iron Heart Surge (Iron Heart)
-Lightning Recovery (Iron Heart)
-Iron Heart Focus (Iron Heart)
-Covering Strike (White Raven)
-Flanking Maneuver (White Raven)

Stances
-Leading the Charge (White Raven)
-Hearing the Air (Diamond Mind)

Equipment
-Weapon: Greathorn Minotaur Greathammer
-Armor: Full Plate Armor
-Clothing: Traveler's Outfit
-Waist: Healing Belt
-Hands: Gauntlets of One Mighty Blow
-L Ring: Ring of Field Shield
-R Ring: Ring of Improved Climbing
-Ankles: Anklet of Translocation

TL;DR: My character is a charge/crit build with a side of party face and gimmicks of "minotaur" and "farmgirl set out to adventure." She already has a Healing Belt and Anklet of Translocation.

Some Magic Items that I currently have my eye on are a Handy Haversack or a Cowl of Warding. My priorities are to make my character a bit tankier against magical trickery or to give her super senses such as Scent, Blindsight/Blindsense, or Tremorsense (in order of priority). But I'm also a roleplayer so if something fits her themes or just has novelty value for me, I'd be quite happy with it even if it isn't min-maxing! :smallbiggrin:

However, something to also consider is the Magic Item could go to Stubby, her pet pack mule. Stubby currently has glasses that artificially boost his INT by 8 (giving him 10) and through currently-unrevealed-by-the-DM means has suddenly developed the ability to speak. Our long-term goal is to get Stubby a spellcasting class, and since Stubby is a constant in all my campaigns and the closest thing I have to a son, I'm more than willing to use this Magic Item chance on him. <3

Maat Mons
2023-02-17, 01:37 AM
Hathran Mask of True Seeing?
Skin of the Proteus?
Gemstone of Greater Fortification?
Oerthblooded Full Plate with the Soulfire special ability?
Oerthblooded Full Plate with both the Soulfire and Greater Fortification special abilities?

Edit:
+Blueshine, Restful, Called, Glamered, Easy Travel, and various Energy Resistances on the armor.

Cyberweasel89
2023-02-17, 01:42 AM
Hathran Mask of True Seeing?
Skin of the Proteus?
Gemstone of Greater Fortification?
Oerthblooded Full Plate with the Soulfire special ability?
Oerthblooded Full Plate with both the Soulfire and Greater Fortification special abilities?

Hmmm... Good choices, but not quite what I'm looking for, I don't think. Thanks, though!

pabelfly
2023-02-17, 01:45 AM
Work out what spellcasting class you want Stubby in, and give him the matching stat-boost item. It sounds like you'd want a Headband of Intellect and something like Psion casting, but there are other INT-based casters that could work.

Alternatively, you could tell your DM you want to give Stubby a Belt of Magnificence. That would boost all of his stats, including all mental stats, and may even make all of his raw stats better than yours. While I'd expect your DM to say no to you, they might give you a pass if it's for your donkey.

Maat Mons
2023-02-17, 01:46 AM
Not even the True Seeing one? you said you were interested in Blindsense et cetera. True Seeing covers a lot of the same bases.

Cyberweasel89
2023-02-17, 01:52 AM
Work out what spellcasting class you want Stubby in, and give him the matching stat-boost item. It sounds like you'd want a Headband of Intellect and something like Psion casting, but there are other INT-based casters that could work.

Alternatively, you could tell your DM you want to give Stubby a Belt of Magnificence. That would boost all of his stats, including all mental stats, and may even make all of his raw stats better than yours. While I'd expect your DM to say no to you, they might give you a pass if it's for your donkey.

Ohhh, NGL, I was considering the Belt of Magnificence. I just didn't think to give it to Stubby! I'll definitely make that a high priority consideration. Thanks!

Not even the True Seeing one? you said you were interested in Blindsense et cetera. True Seeing covers a lot of the same bases.

Well, my main reason for Scent is roleplaying. Meanwhile Blindsense/Tremorsense I don't really want for seeing through illusions, but rather for detection and "tempered warrior" gimmicks. I admit, True Seeing does seem useful, but so far the things it works on have not been used by my DM so True Seeing would only be useful in a "just in case he does them" way. I do see it fitting with the themes of my character, though! Like, concentrating super hard and honing her mind to see the truth behind illusion, maybe. It goes with the "martial arts movie" angle, even if it's not the most thematic thing with my character's themes. I can consider it as a possible if other options are vetoed by my DM, so... thanks! I'll put it on the list!

ciopo
2023-02-17, 04:02 AM
A new greathammer, but with combined enhancement that comes out as +10, just shy of epic?

Cyberweasel89
2023-02-17, 04:11 AM
A new greathammer, but with combined enhancement that comes out as +10, just shy of epic?

Nah, the Greathorn Minotaur Greathamer is legit the best melee weapon in the game. The only reason my DM allowed it was a combination of my Minotaur Bloodline meaning one could be an heirloom and me not even knowing the weapon existed until another player suggested allowing me one based on that Minotaur Bloodline, thus letting the DM know for sure that I didn't simply give my character a Minotaur Bloodline just to get her one. Funny enough, I actually needed convincing to even accept this suggestion from the other player because I originally wanted a whole swordsman gimmick and so wanted my character to have a two-handed bladed weapon, not a blunt hammer. But I'm pretty happy that I accepted the suggestion and the DM allowed it. I normally play brains, keepers, or skill monkeys, so the fact I'm strong enough with this build and loadout to accidentally 1HKO a boss the DM prepared with "instant heal to full as a free action" is pretty fun for me. :3