PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Advice For Fighter (Archer) Pathfinder

Nosta
2023-02-17, 04:56 AM
Please Help me Optimize My Archer

The Game is Rise Tiamat ported over To pathfinder 1e.

The GM has this thing where in the world of the game up until recently no one had any idea what Dragons where....so I can't take stuff that is Directly Anti-Dragon stuff such as Bane However things like Holy are OK cause there effecting thr target cause its Evil not cause its a Dragon

My plan is a Level 11 Human Fighter with the Advance weapon Training Option

I'd like to go Mid - High opmization on my To Hit with My Bow and same with Damage

And id like to Have Decent Defenses as well, I know I shouldn't worry to much but having it would be good knowing the GM, Same with saves.

FYI: Where actually coming back to this game after about a 9 Month pauze. And I'm rebuilding my Character with the GM'S permission. But He must Remain Human , be a fighter and focus on Archery. I Am Allowed To Change up his Feats , Traits and class Archype.
Quotetop

Arkain
2023-02-18, 12:12 PM
For starters, there's a couple options to consider for Advanced Weapon Training. Warrior Spirit is very versatile and would allow you to add qualities like bane to your weapons on the fly, thus also circumventing the problem you described. For saves you could go for Armed Bravery and Trained Reflexes, the former is probably more important, but the latter might help with the odd breath weapon, which I'd expect. Trained Initiative improves initiative, which is also never bad. More options are there of course, mostly depending on what you want out of it. If I'm not misreading things, you could use two feats for the feat of the same name by level 10/11 and get one option instead of another weapon group, so that would make three advanced options.
If you absolutely don't care about Armor Training and its advanced options and can freely choose archetypes, Mutation Warrior may be interesting. You'd get a mutagen for decent boosts and two discoveries, which could include additional arms (arguably, you could dual wield bows for all the penalties and weirdness factor...), but more pragmatically also flight.
You could also go for Barroom Brawler + Abundant Tactics or dip into Brawler for an iron caster approach. Unfortunately, this means keeping some feat slots for Advanced Weapon Training open. You do gain quite a bit of flexibility, once again notably including flight with the addition of Dimension Door. That's pretty nice in a pinch, really.

Equipment wise, you should definitely not forget pick up gloves of dueling to up the bonus Weapon Training gives you.

vasilidor
2023-02-18, 03:09 PM
So a few basics: Deadly Aim, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot and Multishot.
Crank up your Dex, get a composite bow with a strength rating equal to your strength modifier.

Baroncognito
2023-02-18, 10:05 PM
So a few basics: Deadly Aim, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot and Multishot.
Crank up your Dex, get a composite bow with a strength rating equal to your strength modifier.

Don't forget Clustered Shots.

Kurald Galain
2023-02-19, 05:12 AM
Check out the Ace Trip feat, which lets you bring flying enemies to the ground by shooting them.

vasilidor
2023-02-19, 05:24 AM
Don't forget Clustered Shots.

That is a good one, yes.