PDA

View Full Version : Prismatic Sphere questions....

smetzger
2023-02-27, 09:50 PM
1. I presume other creatures cannot teleport/dimension door into my sphere, correct?

2. How about me? Can I dimension door into/out of my sphere?

3. If I have Telepathic Bond already cast and then move into my sphere, does the telepathy still work while I am in my sphere?

Crake
2023-02-27, 10:08 PM
1. I presume other creatures cannot teleport/dimension door into my sphere, correct?

2. How about me? Can I dimension door into/out of my sphere?

3. If I have Telepathic Bond already cast and then move into my sphere, does the telepathy still work while I am in my sphere?

I dont see anything to suggest you cant teleport into a prismatic sphere. The nature of teleportation is that it goes through the astral plane, so it never “passes through” the sphere

smetzger
2023-02-28, 11:07 AM
I dont see anything to suggest you cant teleport into a prismatic sphere. The nature of teleportation is that it goes through the astral plane, so it never “passes through” the sphere

Maybe I am reading to much into...
"However, when you're inside it, the sphere blocks any attempt to project something through the sphere (including spells)"

So...anyone can teleport into my sphere...of course to get out they should probably teleport back out.

SirNibbles
2023-02-28, 05:07 PM
Conjuration
Teleportation: A teleportation spell transports one or more creatures or objects a great distance. The most powerful of these spells can cross planar boundaries. Unlike summoning spells, the transportation is (unless otherwise noted) one-way and not dispellable. Teleportation is instantaneous travel through the Astral Plane. Anything that blocks astral travel also blocks teleportation.

Player's Handbook, page 173

So it's a question of whether or not it blocks astral travel. You're not travelling through the sphere, you are travelling through the Astral Plane and then from the Astral Plane to a point inside the sphere. You never 'project' anything through the (walls of the) sphere.

__

Telepathic Bond is a divination spell. The blue layer of a Prismatic Sphere stops divinations.