PDA

View Full Version : Need help building a monk multiclass build for a unique vampire race character

Daddycool123
2023-02-28, 04:59 AM
Hi, I've recently come across a jumpchain for the lords of the night vampires book for 3.5e (a 3rd party book)

Jumpchain is a choose your adventure type document where you create a build using some amount of points.
In this book there's a race called Ash vampires, whose favoured class is monk.
The race writeup is as given below:
The Ash Vampire State of Being (Free and exclusive)
● Ash Vampires receive +2 Str, +1 Dex, +1 Int, +1 Wis, +1 Cha, +3 AC, +0 Speed, 3/holy,
iron, magic Damage Reduction, +2 Turning Resistance, 3 Fast Healing at age 1.
● +15 Str, +10 Dex, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha, +15 AC, +15 Speed, 15/- Damage Reduction,
+10 Turning Resistance, 9 Fast Healing at age 5
● Generic Weaknesses: Allergy: Iron, Allergy: Silver, Cannot Cross Holy Ground, Cannot
Enter without Invitation, Chill of the Grave, Fear of Fire, Fear of Sunlight, Gravebound,
No Reflection.
● Ash Destruction - An aura that kills 1 HD creatures within five feet per age category.
Presumably doesn’t affect humans and other classed species though it doesn’t say that.
Can be suppressed with Stifle the Chill. Grass turns to ash, birds fall out of the air.
● Black Dreams - People within ten miles of an Ash Vampire will be plagued by distinctive
horrible nightmares.
● Advanced Energy Drain is Age - they literally make their victims older. Requires at least
a level 15 cleric to cure.
● Slam attack does 3 negative levels.
● Alternatively, they can use Ash Disintegration, which works like Rusting Grasp, only on
everything instead of just metal, and does extra damage to living targets. Better damage
with age.
● Ash Vampires can more easily rouse themselves during the day at the cost of Blood.
● Ash Vampires can turn into an insubstantial cloud of swirling ash. This ash form is
almost the Death Form.
● Ash Vampires have Cold and Electricity Resistance.
● Ash vampires are almost impossible to actually kill. They don’t actually die to Sunlight, or
if they’re reduced to 0 hit points and can’t find a place of rest. If they are ‘slain’ they turn
to ash, but revive in 3d4 days, or the moment a single hit points worth of blood touches
them.
● To kill them, they must be interred in the earth for a year and a day, on consecrated
ground. They must be attended, their prison maintained for the entire time, as their
disintegrative properties will damage and destroy anything that holds them overtime (at
which point they wake up, and the clock resets).
● Their ash is almost impossible to directly destroy, and scattering it doesn’t hurt them.
They’ll simply rise from the biggest portion. Presumably you could get around this with
something like an Orb of Annihilation or similar, an Alchemist transmuting it into
something else, or similar methods. Basically, there is no accidental death for an Ash
Vampire. Their destruction requires serious and continuous effort for the entire year and
a day, though if you piss off a god or something along those lines it won’t help.
● Their favored class is Monk

There are some more things like them having 9 fake HP bars that must be depleted before they take damage and they can replenish a fake bar in 2 minutes and they can use a fake HP bar to replenish their original HP.

I've checked around on the internet for some monk builds, but most of them say that monk is subpar and is mostly useful as a dip class.

I've seen a build with monk/psionic fist,

I want to know if I can make a monk/sword sage build or anything that looks interesting or fun.

With the way jumpchain works, you can always gain strength or pure brute force, I'm looking for something thats fun or can be thought as so cool, can only be done with this build, etc;

I tried adding a link for the jump link on the Google drive but seems I need to have more posts.

Thanks for your help in advance.

pabelfly
2023-02-28, 12:47 PM
There's an unarmed Swordsage variant. Is that something like what you're after?

Particle_Man
2023-02-28, 02:44 PM
I am eagerly awaiting the next third party product that will contain a cleric spell that specifically kills Ash Vampires immediately and permanently, despite all the racial abilities that says that this shouldn't be possible. Let the arms race begin! :smallbiggrin:

Anyhow, maybe Shadow Sun Ninja. You have that neat alteration between positive and negative energy, so if there is one living person in your party that would be infinite healing for both of you OOC.

Daddycool123
2023-03-02, 07:44 AM
There's an unarmed Swordsage variant. Is that something like what you're after?

Sounds interesting.
I'll give it a look

Daddycool123
2023-03-02, 07:45 AM
I am eagerly awaiting the next third party product that will contain a cleric spell that specifically kills Ash Vampires immediately and permanently, despite all the racial abilities that says that this shouldn't be possible. Let the arms race begin! :smallbiggrin:

Anyhow, maybe Shadow Sun Ninja. You have that neat alteration between positive and negative energy, so if there is one living person in your party that would be infinite healing for both of you OOC.

Thanks, I'll give it a look