PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Occult Slayer's Weapon Bond and Unarmed Strike

eBarbarossa
2023-03-01, 11:55 AM
Weapon Bond says it applies to a weapon of at least masterwork quality. Is that in any way applicable to Unarmed attacks or natural weapons?

Gruftzwerg
2023-03-01, 12:44 PM
Weapon Bond says it applies to a weapon of at least masterwork quality. Is that in any way applicable to Unarmed attacks or natural weapons?

Since the requirement is "at least masterwork quality", we can safely assume that there are higher qualities that also work.
The sole other options higher than "masterwork" would be "+X" weapons.

Imho the easiest way is to get (permanent) (Greater) Magic Fang on your fists.
Or a necklace of natural attacks for your unarmed strike, if you have the monk's US ability somehow.

Darg
2023-03-01, 03:51 PM
Since the requirement is "at least masterwork quality", we can safely assume that there are higher qualities that also work.
The sole other options higher than "masterwork" would be "+X" weapons.

Imho the easiest way is to get (permanent) (Greater) Magic Fang on your fists.
Or a necklace of natural attacks for your unarmed strike, if you have the monk's US ability somehow.

If we want a RAW answer, it only needs to be masterwork when they make the selection. That said, natural weapons are weapons. Magic weapons are automatically masterwork. Just magic fang normal, select, profit. RAW says you can do it with crafting magic weapons too (necklace of natural attacks is superfluous with this work around.)

Gruftzwerg
2023-03-01, 10:21 PM
If we want a RAW answer, it only needs to be masterwork when they make the selection. That said, natural weapons are weapons. Magic weapons are automatically masterwork. Just magic fang normal, select, profit. RAW says you can do it with crafting magic weapons too (necklace of natural attacks is superfluous with this work around.)

It was sole meant as other possible option. Who know what kind of build this will end and if it has access to either one. I just wanted to show the options that did come into my mind.

Otherwise I agree, Magic Fang is the most simple solution. Get permanency and hf. And on most tables it is easily accessible (on most tables... I've also seen others..^^).

Thurbane
2023-03-02, 12:54 AM
As no one has mentioned it yet, Kensai is another option for making natural weapons magical.

Gruftzwerg
2023-03-02, 02:36 AM
As no one has mentioned it yet, Kensai is another option for making natural weapons magical.

duh^^ yeah good one.

I also wanted to add Vow of Poverty (Exalted Strike).