PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Malconvoker Dieties

Armyguyclaude
2023-03-03, 01:35 PM
Trying to sway my group into letting my swap characters and try out Malconvoker. But I get the feeling the whole summoning demons thing would be a huge turn off in a good aligned campaign setting. The DM is leaving it up to group decision, but I want to stack the deck best as possible before I ask them. Does anyone know of any Good Aligned Dieties that wouldn't mind allowing a Malconvoker to work behind the scenes as maybe like a Special Forces group for the religion. Thank you in advance for any help you give <3

WeaselGuy
2023-03-03, 02:06 PM
Trying to sway my group into letting my swap characters and try out Malconvoker. But I get the feeling the whole summoning demons thing would be a huge turn off in a good aligned campaign setting. The DM is leaving it up to group decision, but I want to stack the deck best as possible before I ask them. Does anyone know of any Good Aligned Dieties that wouldn't mind allowing a Malconvoker to work behind the scenes as maybe like a Special Forces group for the religion. Thank you in advance for any help you give <3

Deneir is a god of Knowledge. The Malconvoker I was building is built off of an Archivist base class, and he's the deity I chose.

Tzardok
2023-03-03, 02:20 PM
It would of course depend on how you flavour stuff, but I would suggest trickster gods and gods of thievery, like Olidammara, Hermes or Raven.

Telonius
2023-03-03, 03:08 PM
Garl Glittergold would probably be down with it, as long as you turned the whole thing into an epic prank.

redking
2023-03-03, 05:14 PM
I think it depends on the social aspect. The Malconvoker will be accepted by his deity, but may be considered an oddball by the rest of the church.

pabelfly
2023-03-03, 05:16 PM
A class that forces evil creatures to kill other evil creatures doesn't sound like a hard sell to me, especially since Malconvoker is specifically for nonevil characters.

Bullet06320
2023-03-03, 05:46 PM
gods of magic, knowledge, trickery

but what the gods allow and what the faithful allow might be 2 different things
your chosen god may see it as a way of furthering thier goals, but the the church may not

just look at Heretic of the Faith feat from Power of Faerun as an example
you are in no way exempt from excommunication

Armyguyclaude
2023-03-03, 06:27 PM
Can Clerics have domains outside of what their God's domains are?

pabelfly
2023-03-03, 06:57 PM

Heretic of the Faith feat.

Saintheart
2023-03-03, 06:57 PM

Yes, Heretic of the Faith feat - out of Power of Faerun.

EDIT: Swordsage'd.

Bavarian itP
2023-03-05, 02:19 AM
I mean, even Boccob is a god of magic and trickery, so probably okay with a malconvoker. And his church should be rather passive ("The Uncaring"), not too much troubles from them, too.