PDA

View Full Version : Recent Characters you've played.

Lolzords
2007-12-04, 06:57 AM
Thought it might be a fun idea to do for gits and shiggles, heres my latest 4 characters.

Keth Ovakahr, a lawful good human Fighter/Justicar who was the captain of the guard in a large town, but moved to the city to become a vigilante after he found his own men took bribes and gave him to the bad guys.

Danko Fo-Kasu, a Lawful Evil Buomman Ninja/Assassin who takes his race's vow of silence to extremes, having cut his own tongue out at a young age. A member of a powerful assassin clan, dedicated to silencing the noise of life.

Malus Vindemiator, a Chaotic Evil Human Cleric who watched his parents be ripped apart by bandits at a young age, and has been fasinated by blood and gore ever since.

Tyli Cysaes, a chaotic neutral elven rogue, abandoned by his parents while they were traveling through the city, taken in by a retired rogue who saw his natural dexterity and trained him in the ways of a thief. Tyli is now the right hand man of his mentor's great grandson.

loopy
2007-12-04, 07:38 AM
Dirge, a true neutral human Rogue/Assassin/Fortune's Friend who has been enslaved about 3 times in his life, squire, apprentice to a merchant prince and new follower of Bahamut. Branded, beaten, he always comes out smiling in the end though.

Theodoxus
2007-12-04, 08:00 AM
Alex ManlingServant, a Chaotic Neutral Halfling Rogue One half of a pair of twin rogues, Alex and his brother Alton were born to parents at a bardic school. Unfortunately, the didn't have 'the gift', but excelled at getting in and out of trouble. Now, they're Manling servants to a non-elf Wizard named Avestel who is trying to take over the world. The trio make the core of an adventuring party trying to amass wealth with the goal of taking over the region. They've already caused the death of a party paladin, ranger and fighter - and are finding it difficult to recruit a decent tank. They're currently using clerics to take the brunt of tanking duty.

mostlyharmful
2007-12-04, 08:57 AM
Hysa Sekorc, CG Cleric of Sune Troubleshooter in the Calimshan region, focussed on uncovering Shoon/Twisted Rune undead and getting recognition/promotion out of the trenches. Enjoyed hunting with hawks and reading poetry. Disliked fish and the overly talkative.

Vael Nir
2007-12-04, 09:38 AM
Vael Nir, Sun Elf, Chaotic Neutral Swashbuckler/Tempest/Champion of Corellon:
He used to be a Pirate navigator who turned Smuggler after a few violent encounters on high sea... he didn't appreciate the bloodthirsty and rapacious ways of the other crew, so he jumped ship. Unfortunately, his luck as a Smuggler wasn't too great either, so he decided to flee Waterdeep... there was still a price on his head and he felt like a change of pace was needed. Met up with a young naive female Dragon Disciple, a Gold Dwarf Prince (Wizard, I think), a slightly strange Sembian Priest of Selune and an Elf Psion.

So much history here... we progressed from 5th to 19th level so far. Changed history slightly in the north, as King Obould didn't quite get to encircle Mithral Hall... our party managed to wipe out a few thousand orcs with a load of scrolls and overland flight. We prevented the massacre of the dwarf crossing by casting some sort of bridge spell and preventing a dispel of it by holding the Orcs off for 6 rounds... with 5 people.

Currently in a Warhammer-esque world, we went through a portal in the Underdark without knowing where it led to. Character underwent major change in a very BoVD influenced dungeon (*shudder*)... turning back to the worship of Corellon Larethian as he realized how his past misdeeds made him no better than the demons tormenting him through the dungeon. ... I should probably write up this story in a thread of its own, it really is quite amazing.

Jerry Fizzleheimer (Warcraft RPG), Gnome: Chaotic Neutral Rogue/Gunman:
A lover of all things explosive and shiny, this little scamp uses a Long Rifle which would be more appropriate in the hands of a dwarf or human (monkey grip). A veteran of the original war, his rogueisch ways got him into trouble in Ironforge, so he gathered his things and scampered up north to find his uncle, an eccentric engineer. He and the party (Dwarf Scout/Dead Shot, High Elf Arcanist, Dwarf Fighter, Human Paladin) got caught up in the beginning of the plague and basically played through the storyline as Prince Arthas bodyguards until he finally lost it in Northrend. Introduced a tribe of Ice Trolls to the Alterac Mountains after that (we didn't want to abandon them to the scourge, Uthers look was priceless when the Paladin explained the situation), fighting the resident Bandits. Currently trying to piece together an ancient artifact that a certain lord Prestor (half the party don't know who he is, even ooc :)) told us could restore the undead back to life.

Seren Lawshield (Dragonlance), Human: Lawful Good Aristocrat/Fighter:
A young (17 year old) aspiring Knight, overconfidence and an overwhelming sense of duty are his main features. Family name comes from an Ancestral Relic that he wields, the Shield of Law. Was forced into confronting a Knight of the Lily in his first session, losing out badly and being beaten into a bloody pulp. Haven't played since then, but I hope that great things await this fellow.

metalbear
2007-12-04, 10:21 AM
Enrill Plowman a CG half dragon cleric of Kord. His father was a silver dragon that was killed by a band of greedy mercernaries under the hire of an evil wizard. His mother died in childbirth, and having no living relatives he was taken in by the local priest of Pelor. Enrill was often shunned by his peers because of his draconic parentage, and soon found himself an outcast. He ran away from the temple's orphanage only to find how harsh living in the streets can really be. He was able to support himself though doing heavy manual labor and bare knuckle (or claw) fighting for the entertainment of the local aristocrats who like to go "slumming". While fighting at one of these events, he was knocked unconscious for three days. During that time he dreamed that Kord was speaking to him, and telling him to take up his training as a cleric again in his service.

Fast forward twenty five years. Enrill is now a full blown cleric of Kord who is trying to redeem a party of neutral evil characters who happen to be fighting a guerilla war against a demon army.

Gungnir
2007-12-04, 10:50 AM
Hern, True Neutral Human Fighter. Hern is a Mokai (basically African, but they tend to be short) who became enthralled with the legends of the great heroes of centuries past, and decided to become one himself. He trained himself in combat by studying military training yards, and stayed out of the army himself by becoming an armorsmith. Over the course of his childhood, he designed and forged his own, unique set of mithral spiked plate, designed both for protection and scaring the bujeesus out of his foes. He then set out to start making a name for himself, the old fashioned way. Hern is not picky about how his legend ends, and although he's tried to become the Hero, being a legendary Villain will suit him just as well.

Oh, and his lack of surname is because he's waiting to receive one from the bards who tell his stories.

RTGoodman
2007-12-04, 11:12 AM
Duran Helmworth (Fighter 5): A veteran of the Last War, Duran was part of a company that was decimated by an enemy spellcaster (while they lacked one of their own) and has since been obsessed with being prepared for anything. He owns most of the random items from the PHB (small steel mirror, etc.), as well as having maxed-out cross-class UMD to try to use wands (though he fails like 75% of the time.

Gareth of Gran March (Cleric 1 of Pelor): A normal guy from Gran March, Gareth found out in his time in the militia that he was drawn more to healing than to fighting. After leaving, he took up the holy symbol of Pelor, and seeks to bring light and healing to the rest of the world of Living Greyhawk. (I haven't actually played him, but I've got the character ready for whenever we get enough people to actually play a Living Greyhawk campaign).

Barawin (Marshal 2): A career military man, Barawin fell into adventuring recently when a slave train from Mulhorand destroyed his company and took him and hundreds of others prisoner. Currently, he's using his mastery of diplomacy to try to end the torture that he and his new-found allies are undergoing as some Mulhorandi leader tries to force them to go on some quest for him. (It's the most railroaded plot I've ever taken part in. Seriously.)

Kvenulf
2007-12-04, 01:14 PM
Vivien, a Chaotic Neutral Human Fighter/Barbarian. If you've ever seen the Britcom "The Young Ones", you know him. Primary weapon - a two-handed cricket bat (treated as Greatclub). Mostly, he provides humor and stays out of plots, just whacks whatever he has been told to and tries to score with women (and elves, says he can't tell the difference).

nargbop
2007-12-04, 01:52 PM
Morena Besvarda, my first epic character. Survivor of a conquered nation, travelling with circusses for her daily bread and slicing up baddies for her true nourishment : the audience.

She was my first weapon finesse-style character, as well as my first skill-heavy character.

A fighter/dervish/exemplar(dancing) has some incredible saves. I'm playing with a bunch of sneaky caster-types, and with careful item choice I can be completely safe from spells.

silentknight
2007-12-04, 04:44 PM
Jonas the Stout (Dwarf Fighter 16): Playing as a new character in a long running (off and on) 2E AD&D campaign. This is why I love playing a simple fighter. He walks into a fight, soaks up what little damage makes it past his AC, and pounds on his target until it dies. And dwarves are just cool.

Reinboom
2007-12-04, 05:55 PM
Nashira of the Sunosuisha
Catfolk with patterns and style similar to a snow leopard (LA experience buy off, Level 6 Sorcerer/3 Ruathar/1 Abjurant Champion currently - still being played): This is in a campaign by FaxCelestis.
Nashira is a semi-exile of her tribe, shunned for her unexplained capabilities of the arcane. From there, approaching other civilizations, she always been chased away, ridiculed and called beast (which she has always taken as to mean, beast for her magic).
Her struggle and time about was tough, and she lost her last adventuring mate. She came across the rest of the party in the chase for a wizard who stole relics from each of them (including a headband given to nashira from her last adventuring mate), and eventually, as the story progressed, now trying to stop a demon from reaching divinity with the rest of the party.
She is extremely caring and interested in all forms of creatures, and even has gone out of her way to try to prevent an enemy's death in the middle of combat. She knows a lot about and studies them where she can (ooc: she has collector of stories and many knowledge ranks), and she rarely takes anything that directly causes the immediate death or pain of enemies, favoring disabling or tricking them, or buffing her party. (ooc: she's a haste maniac, with only 1 blasting spell, no save-or-die, many save-or-suck, many utility)

Beyond this... I don't get to play much. I usually DM... though I love making characters. Unfortunately, my groups tend to want to avoid my more unique characters I build for my games.
One character, however:
(bit long, and those who are in my campaign: don't read)

Nevire, the Queen of Occassus
Draconic Human (Gold Dragon)
Beguiler 1/Dragon Shaman 2 (modified, gets 1 level of sorcerer spells)/Duskblade 4/Beguiler 1/Abjurant Champion 5
Nevire grew up in Archai, when Archai was one, in the Oriente region. She went through the normal schoolings for magical arts and studies, where, she took a nack for the sly, the tricky. When she got out of school, however, she abandoned this - and instead decided to focus on honouring her bloodline. She went on a quest to look into herself, her soul, and figure out her path. Exploring the mysteries of the gold dragon on her way (dragon shaman). Eventually, in the deserts north of the trade city of occassus, she came across her ancestor - still alive - an older gold dragon. After much discussion, and a bit of draconic guidance, she decided her ultimate path - honour her blood by instead being the defender of the weak instead of a self-focused dragon quest she was on. With this, she went out and trained - but in such a way as to apply her current capabilities to it. She became part of the military, and slowly rose in ranks, progressing her magical capabilities on the side (Duskblade / Beguiler), until eventually being able to perfectly enter twine them (Abjurant Champion).
Now, archai always had a standing law of military might in the lands, and with this, was always striving for a powerful leader. A law exists for this, that allows nearly anyone to directly challenge the current ruler, and upon their defeat, take their seat as leader of archai. This was usual.
Nevire, eventually becoming one of the greatest commanders and one of the most powerfully militaristically adept people in the land decided she was ready to better lead archai than the current ruler - challenged the seat - and won, mostly due to her abilities to mix arcane and might.
Shortly after, Archai split into three factions, one would not honour a female leader, and the other just used it as an opportunity to split from the kingdom they grew tired of.
Now, Nevire sits as Queen of one of those factions, the lands of the west, where Occassus now sits as the capital of.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-04, 06:54 PM
Cleric, The Chaotic Good Badger
He wasn't actually a Cleric that was just his name, he wanted to be a cleric when he grew up (this when the campaign was at low levels) as the character advanced he became a paladin instead becuase his diety decided a badger would not be respected so he fought for respect and rightness of all good (and badgers) I grew greatly attached to the little guy

Yami
2007-12-04, 07:38 PM
Wyvek, Goblin Scout and Demon Bane: CN heading towards CE.

Wyvek started out life as a swordsage, but quickly grew bored with it and moved on to barbarism. Sadly, he wanted more movement, but the lion totem variant had been too good to pass up, so he then had to go scout. Though Wyvek was thinking about taking a level or so of rouge, the powers-that-be decided he couldn't grab anymore base classes.

An experiment in trying not to plan for later levels I think Wyvek turned out rather well so far. He though of mayhaps becomeing a dervish or a tempest, but there is sadly little reason to leave the scout class to do so.

Currently Wyvek is helping his current party stop a demonic invasion, and refers any questions about how they are to do so to the corpse of the late cleric. She's pretty well beyond help and resides in the loot cart.

EndgamerAzari
2007-12-04, 08:13 PM
Agatha "Rose" Amastacia, CG Female Human Fighter6/Barbarian2/Champion of Gwynharwyf7/Frenzied Berserker4

Rose is fun to play. I started her out as a simple fisherman's daughter fighting in the local arena as a way to get out of her humdrum lifestyle. Starting out at age 17 as the planned antithesis of the 'hot fighter chick', she was muscular, flat, and rather uncouth. Once she joined up with a group of adventurers (Savage Tide campaign, by the way), she started to blossom. Quickly developing a crush on the drow pirate whom she adventures with, she had her heart broken when he shacked up with the higher-CHA bard-fighter--only to later find out that the other girl was carrying the baby of the bad guy. Her combined sexual frustration, her outrage at her crush's betrayal, and the fact that nobody noticed her fueled her anger, leading her in the barbarian style before she became religious and began following Gwynharwyf, a celestial patron whom she adores. Now, she has the highest damage output of the party and takes most of the hits; she's one-shotted Yaun-Ti anathemas and huge animated statues, and is always on the frontlines. She's filled out as the campaign's gone on, though few have noticed yet, thanks to her armor. *Sniff* My lil' girl's all grown up...

And the campaign'll be over soon. I'm gonna miss this one.

horseboy
2007-12-04, 08:38 PM
(I haven't actually played him, but I've got the character ready for whenever we get enough people to actually play a Living Greyhawk campaign).
Better hurry, Living Greyhawk ends with 3.5 :smallamused:

Kit'et'eretck Vastral Jiltra Sesslakai
K'stulaami Tail Dancer Circle: 4
Kit’et’eretck:
“The river loves you”. Jiltra was a child of an especially infertile couple. They sought to invoke the river in an effort to have a hatchling. Unfortunately it wasn’t the river that answered. It is a bitter irony.

Vestral:
A niall known for their novelties.

Jiltra:
“Time quickly” or “Lightly” implying an ability to float away.

Sesslakai
“House of the Spirit Wind” his aropagoi

Jiltra was born in a small town on the shores of Lake Ban. He hatched on 5/22 1496TH

His chaida was a farmer who grew several of the vines and reeds for the rest of the niall. He taught young Jiltra about many of the different plants in the area, as well as how to grow and care for them.

During his kaissa it was seen by a riverboat captain from V’strimon. Luckily she knew of the k’stulaami and the great house of Sesslakai. She agreed to take Jiltra for a khamorro. After his time of deck scrubbing he was deposited to the Sesslakai. He enjoyed his home. They were happy to have him. They taught him how to control his gliding and his discipline. He was groomed to become a “Deathwing”, a herald to announce to the world of the existence of Sesslakai and a home available to the k’stulaami.

Triumphs of note:
He aided in the repelling of a Theran vidette attempting to make slaves of his new family.
He helped kill a wyvern that had come into the area.
Came to the aid of a young k’stulaami who had been branded as “horror tainted” because of his k’stulaa.
Was a part of an honour guard for dignitaries from Sesslakai to V’strimon and didn’t make a fool of himself.
He removed a harpy pack from the area.
Established contact with a group of Pale Ones in the mountains.

Jik’harra: He is worried that he won’t be able to every make it back home.

Kiatsu: To conquer his Jik’harra he will stay away from home as long as he can.

P’skarrot: He has taken a lot of gear to try and be ready for whatever he could think of. He also tackles every quest with relish and zeal.

Kyaapas: He as taken the command of this Shivalahala to leave his home as his kyaapas. He’s not particularly happy with having to leave, but it is the will of the Shivalahala that he does this. Still, he is enjoying meeting new people and has established contact with a few new villages, making it all worth while.

Ulrichomega
2007-12-04, 08:44 PM
Aust: Lawful Good Ranger

Ranger in a short lived campaign. A cool dude who had just bought a mighty longbow. The campaign had a good beginning, but the sorceror GMPC got us into a few gladitorial fights.

Yeah, I haven'y played that much DnD lately. Mostly Victoriana or Serenity.

Leadfeathermcc
2007-12-04, 08:49 PM
Bleys Umdrang Duskblade lawful good priest of the Silver Flame in an Eberron campaign. Bleys was turned to stone 900 years ago, and has only recently been returned to the flesh. He is trying to adjust to a world that is much changed.

Volug
2007-12-04, 09:00 PM
Yeshimaru: Nuetral Evil, Battle Sorcerer/Shadowdancer
((Yes I like playing battle sorcerers, I have a talent for them))

Having been decived in multiple and strange ways, he is bent on destroying just about everything. It may seem as though as he is insane to do it, though he posseses a strange power, and he is determined to find it. His younger years were the best he could ask for, though when he finds out his own clan is just using him for power and control, he kills them. They were people who he thought cared for him and treated him as a normal person. So it was torture for him to kill them, though he didn't regret it at the same time.

((I can just go on and on and on and on.... His backstory is huge! And the campaign is based around him, so I had permission to use a big and plot hooky background))

Woot Spitum
2007-12-04, 09:05 PM
Jeremiah Reed: Irraka Blood Talon (Werewolf:The Forsaken)

Jeremiah Reed is an ex-soldier and recently changed werewolf who runs with a pack that has claimed a pretty dangerous territory in southwest Denver (It includes a federal correctional facility and an asylum).

Shades of Gray
2007-12-04, 09:18 PM
Acinath Shadowsong, Human Beguiler

This was a serious character with a decent backstory, problem was, the DM wasn't serious. There was almost no chance to roleplay, and we often fought Lollipop Soldiers, and Ozzy Osbourne and other rockers. But I still like this character.

Hevnir of the Silver Chalice, Human Champion (Homebrew courtesy of Rich Burlew)

This character I DID get to roleplay, we had a few fun moments.

An Annoying Elf Person (turned out to be a prince) was ruining my inspirational speech for the squad o knights we were with. He kept on calling me an imbecile and doubting my strategies just for the sake of it. I made a Bull rush check, natural 20, he made his opposed strength natural 1. His neck snapped. He did come back as a vampire however as the end boss...

he was the damage dealer and had an obscene BAB. But that was expected, our party was also MOSTLY optimized. the Knight/Dwarven Defender in our party had over 100 AC by level 15. (Don't Ask). When we fought an ooze (they all have low AC) I said, I power attack with 21 BAB reduced. Needless to say, the ooze exploded on contact with my mace.

expirement10K14
2007-12-04, 09:26 PM
I have a few PbP chars, but my favorite in a real life game-
Jo Azn (Its a humorous Campaign) 'Flavored' Soul Of Pelor

He carries a mace of disruption, and has sworn too kill all undead, which helps as we are playing a horror campaign.

Doresain
2007-12-04, 09:30 PM
"Changeling", the Bard 5/Cabinet Trickster 2 Changeling

i cant recall his name, seeing as how he usually took the form of the prince of former cyre (the party worked for the real prince, my character usually posing as his double)...i managed to convince a group of hobgoblins/goblins and a naga to fight 4-5 mind flayers for us, joined about 6 opposing factions throughout the five nations, stole the minor artifact crown from the king of auindair, and bluffed my way into being a throne holder simply by wearing a dead guard's cloak and wielding his badger-blooded spear (the group's ranger had a badger animal companion named Sarevok 9...it died while killing said guard, as well as numerous other times before and after this, thus gaining a number after its name signifying which one it was)

shadow_archmagi
2007-12-04, 09:59 PM
"Hegurow" Level 2 Lawful Evil Elf Wizard.

Our campaign has just started, but so far he's been established as a traditional blaster wizard. Likes to taunt people, but knows better than to be too hard on his merc, so mostly the party's elf fighter gets it. Very fond of money, with skills put into Alchemy.

Ninja Chocobo
2007-12-04, 10:09 PM
Grognor the Exiled.
CG Dwarf Barbarian 1/Cleric of Kord 1
[retired]
Cursed by being exceedingly strong (but not very bright), he believed brute strength was the answer to everything, which eventually led to his exile from the clan.
Wandering the land, he turned savage, always seeking to become stronger, so he would be accepted by his clan again.
Eventually, he came across a city of moderate size, and saw a pair of warrior-priests of Kord wrestling. Amazed by their immense strength, he joined their order immediately. He still perpetually wanders, always seeking to become stronger, so he would be accepted by his clan again.

I have another, better character (both optimisational and flavourful) that I'll post later.

de-trick
2007-12-04, 11:09 PM
Jamash Rienddrige human, Favored soul of lathander / aristocrat

Father was a cultist of orcus and uncle is a vampire baron, He has seen some troublesome times from finding out he was sleeping above a shrine of orcus, to seeing the remains of his sacrificed mother, and unborn brother, to seeing his father's head to riped off by his uncle. He must stop his uncle from destroying the world.

SoD
2007-12-05, 06:08 AM
Kasaad Shadowweb, Chitine Paladin of Freedom 1! Worshiper of Pelor, and knows how to use an assassins ring to get cloaks cheap! Trapmaster extradinaire and an alcaholic.

Ulrichomega
2007-12-05, 03:38 PM
Therkwin: Elven Warmage lvl 3.

The last survivor of a destroyed city, Therkwin is a middle aged elf that suffered amnesia and is now beginining to recover his memories. Uses a longsword, longbow, and copious amounts of things that go BOOM. Has a sense of honor, and never lets innocents die.

Konstantin
2007-12-16, 05:12 PM
A pretty kick-ass Sorcerer 6/Pale Master 10/Spellsword 5/Archmage 5.
Cast alot of necromancy-spells with a base DC at 33 + Spell level. In other words: He´s a better spellcaster than Khelben, Szass Tam and the other "über-casters" :smallbiggrin:

He has a skull mask, a exoskeleton armor, a scythe and a black cloak... Does it seem familiar? :smallwink: Oh, I forgot the hour-glass.
He ignores about 30% spell failure on undead armor, has alot of HP and many, many immunities.

Pretty much immortal, but a damn good killer!

Hario
2007-12-16, 05:36 PM
Nigel Floyd Human Archivist 5/ Divine Oracle 2/ Loremaster 1. Nigel was an typical book worm and studied and eventually taught as a professor of history at Morgrave University (Eberron). The Party especially my character gets brought before a party, before an excavation party into Xen'drik. My character's favorite proffessor gets killed in the night by an unknown assaillant and gets framed for the murder, the proffessor hands a book to my character in his dieing words. We later find out he's a Vol, and I got handed the book of vol. Campaign is still going on, currently in xendrik killing off drow converted into vols.

dr awesome phd
2007-12-16, 05:46 PM
Abhijeet Desai: True Neutral Ninja
Didn't speak much, some assumed he was mute. As a result, little is known of him or his past. Generally known for a small book that he was commonly seen feverishly scribbling into. He would note each and every good act and evil act, hoping to keep balanced... for it was there that he found peace.

Lothmyr Ryndokai: Chaotic Neutral Fighter
Generally considering himself a 'sword for hire', is reknown for being little more than a glorified thug. He was rumored to love gold more than anything, and would horde it... spending as little as possible and only when needed. Additionally, he had an inexplicable hatred of statues and snakes and it known for raiding Temples of Seth solely because he was sure they "probably" had a snake statue inside somewhere.

Laurellien
2007-12-16, 06:16 PM
Carradoc of the Hall of Grond, Mountain Dwarf Spirit Lion totem Barbarian III, Fighter II, Berserk I, Frenzied Berserker III

Quite possibly one of my most enjoyable characters. Carradoc is a dwarven prince who decided to wander the human lands while his father was king. He had an excellent charisma score (for a dwarf) and presented a cultured, learned (int 14), and well-mannered character to everybody. However, should he become ticked off at something, he would go into epic furies/rages/frenzies and would slice and dice any and all who got in his way.

Carradoc was accompanied by his son Dagonet of the Hall of Grond, Mountain Dwarf Monk II, Barbarian I, Fighter II, Drunken Master III who saw regrettably little action.

Should Carradoc have died, then my next character would have paid the 5000 gp to make him a cohort. That character was Lord Aggravane of the Hall of Grond, Mountain Dwarf Archivist VI, Sacred Exorcist I, Prestige Paladin III, Contemplative Y, a venerable dwarf with years of experience in dealing with demons and demonic possession.

Aggravane was eventually played in another campaign as H'Thark the Unstoppable, Fire Giant Archivist IV, Prestige Paladin III, Church Inquisitor II, Profane Exorcist I, Contemplative X. He was brutal and literally unstoppable, his enemies managed to kill him once, only for him to rise up again the next round. He then double crossed everybody by shapechanging into a Craaghoran Giant and travelling underground to grab a powerful artefact for himself before getting the hell out (the DM apparently forgot to proof the floor against transport).

Snadgeros
2007-12-16, 06:20 PM
Sabin Figaro, Lawful Neutral Human Monk Yeah, this was my first character, so I didn't really focus on backstory and just stole the name/story from FFVI. Great game by the way. Oh, and he died from a critical hit by a flesh golem. Due to his magical fists, he was the only one actually effective against the thing, so he took the full force of its attacks. Dropped to -17 in one hit.

Grimger Deslangen, Lawful Neutral Half-orc Monk/Drunken Master After the death of Sabin, since we couldn't afford a resurrection, I rerolled. I had found the drunken master PrC and loved how perfectly it fit with monks. So he was a former leader of a raiding party that worked for the BBEG, up until the BBEG turned on them and burned their encampment to the ground (a rather rude way to fire someone). Anyway, with his life destroyed, he started hitting the sauce, heavily, and when he found out that the party was after the BBEG, happily joined them for chance to tear him in two. He beat him, but it turns out there was an even BIGGER BBEG, and he died on the way to fighting him. See the bottom of my sig. I hate nightwalkers.

Brauron
2007-12-16, 06:31 PM
Ihrgal the Bloodstained, Human Barbarian 6/Frenzied Berserker 1 cared for but three things -- war, wine, and women. Eventually he got embroiled with a conspiracy to take down the merchant's guild that held a stranglehold on the land, and was killed by a warrior in black plate carrying an obsidian-edged bastard sword (Who was a few levels above Ihrgal, but Ihrgal still reduced him to a measly 8 HP before dying).

Oros, son of Leros, Loyal Retainer to Lord Koryo, Human Samurai 8 was involved in a major raid on the city that was the heart of the merchant's guild's power. After the fall of the merchant's guild, and the ensuing anarchy as the world's economies fell to shambles, Lord Koryo sent Oros out on an ongoing mission to do what he could to help fix things.

Roderick_BR
2007-12-16, 06:37 PM
Joseph Benignus
Paladin of Tyr. He healed the party's fighter after the party's frenzied berzerker almost gutted him.

And that was it, after spending 1 month preparing for the session. Yeah, my friend is not a very good DM...

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-12-16, 07:12 PM
Aezetyr, Faerie Enchantress and Harbinger of Storms

Actual classes: Half-Fey2/Sorcerer/5/Sonic Evolved 1/Stormcaster 10
Played her since Level 5; started out a little slow, but she has been tearing up everything of late. 3 sorts of stunning, construct killing, true flight, etc. I am going to hate giving her up, as the campaign is ending in the next 4 levels or so.

Serraineous'Thka, Dragonborn of Bahamut, Dragon Shaman of the Icy North

Actual classes: Dragon Shaman 17 / Constitution Evolved 5 / Fighter 2
Started as an epic level character, Serraineous'thka may not be able to hit everything in sight, but he is the most 'true' meat shield that I have ever made. He starts the day (gotta love Fast Healing) with 532 hit points. He also has a 46 AC and DR 10/Adamantine (hard to explain..)