PDA

View Full Version : Circlet of Human Perfection and Lycanthropy

RSP
2023-03-09, 09:39 PM
So as far as I can tell, the wording of the Circlet of Human Perfection would essentially make it a “cure” for Lycanthropes.

“The Circlet of Human Perfection transforms its attuned wearer into an attractive human of average height and weight. The circlet chooses the physical characteristics of the form, such as age, gender, skin color, hair color, and voice. Except for size, the wearer's statistics and racial traits don't change, nor do items worn or carried by the wearer. Removing the circlet ends the effect.“

Or, if you consider the hybrid form and animal forms racial traits, then it can still use all the abilities while still being “human”.

Thoughts?

False God
2023-03-09, 09:55 PM
By the reading given, it appears to be entirely visual(aside from size). They still retain all their stats, abilities and traits.

RSP
2023-03-09, 10:33 PM
By the reading given, it appears to be entirely visual(aside from size). They still retain all their stats, abilities and traits.

It’s interesting because you’re right it does appear to be entirely visual, but it’s a transformation not an illusion.

Like, if you’re polymorphed into a Giant Ape, you have all the GA stats, but are a medium-sized attractive human.

Sigreid
2023-03-09, 11:50 PM
I would call it more a treatment than a cure. As it's written, it'd keep you with a human body, but with all the animal instincts and bloodlust or whatever of your curse. Should help you hide it though.

Anymage
2023-03-10, 12:28 AM
Natural lycanthropes can choose to look human whenever they want, and the human form stat blocks aren't too far off from monster stats. I guess they could use the circlet to get claw and bite attacks while unarmed and still looking human, but causing appreciable claw/bite damage while doing so as a human is going to draw attention anyways. As is clawing and biting people period, even for a wholly mundane human.

Infected lycanthropes most likely care more about becoming homicidal beasts than they do about the fact that the homicidal beasts are not pretty.