PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying [5E/Homebrew] Help Me Write Wedding Vows! <3

berryghost
2023-03-10, 02:08 PM
After many hours of searching and crumpled up pieces of paper- I finally decided I need to reach out for the help of you lovely people!

My character is a seasoned paladin(starlight drow/previously a good aligned oathbreaker but current oath of the ancients) who intends on marrying his partner(who is a god). His vows will be their new oath as they are his "light" to be protected, however, I can't seem to find the right words to say.

The tone of this marriage is the fact that they are soulmates who found each other again after being married in my paladin's previous life. With or without knowing it, they've always found their way back to each other before and after their relationship began.

Their relationship together has held many trials and tribulations, but they always seem to come out more in love than they began. I'm trying to steer away from any cliches so any and all help is very appreciated.

Vulsutyr
2023-03-10, 10:15 PM
I’m no expect on marriage, but how high of level do you have to be to marry a deity?

KorvinStarmast
2023-03-11, 11:02 AM
I’m no expect on marriage, but how high of level do you have to be to marry a deity? My lore bard (now retired) bonded with an ancient gold dragon, and it wasn't until level 19 or 20 that this became even close to sensible as a course of action for her to forsake all others besides him. She gave birth to a child of their union.
The details are a "fade to black" deal...

The above made for an awkward RP moment when she used an artifact to True Res her first true lover (whose death is part of why she began adventuring at level one - revenge as a motive - in the first place). While her initial motivation was
Love is stronger than death
That's part of some scripture that I read at my daughter's wedding
she discovered the wisdom of
If you love someone, set them free.

As it all worked out, she found a ship captain who needed a top rate bosun, and got him the job.

In our most recent campaign, our party wizard ends up in a something like marriage relationship with a deity or a demigod...as that campaign just closed, I don't have to worry about the ripple effects of that.