PDA

View Full Version : The world's largest dungeon

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bayar
2007-12-04, 11:06 AM
Millenia ago, the celestials built a great dungeon in the mountains.Within it they erected mammoth walls, locks , doors and traps. It warded off those who would enter, but also walled in those who would escape.It was a dungeon larger than anything ever known.Within it, the celestials imprisoned hellish undead, demonic beasts and fiendish monstrosities.
It was a perfect construction.Perfect in every detail,it would stand inviolate for thousand of years.But none can say why the gods ordered demons and liches to be entombed and not destroyed.Years later, the gods would regret their mercy.
A couple of weeks ago, a powerful earthqueake shook the ground, and the whole region near the mountain was suddenly covered by a misterios dark aura. Peasants talk about a large group of kobolds, troglodites, orcs and an ogre led by a wererat sorcerer that were headed up the mountain a couple of days before the earthquake. The Holy order has decided to send someone to investigate. You are the ones they chose.

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65420)

Bayar
2007-12-06, 01:21 AM
Your travel guide is a human farmer in his early 50's, complaining about the problems of common life, taxes, hard work and locust swarms that invaded his patch of land.
As you climb the mountain, the presence of evil seems omnipresent.As thought a zombie is stalking you from every tree.

Kaelik
2007-12-06, 01:47 AM
Deran

Deran smiles at the man, walking with his spear as a staff. He turns to the man and cuts him off.

Perhaps what's wrong for you sir is that you need to set out on the right path. The time for the Journey comes differently to each person, perhaps it is time for yours. Set out and make do with what life hands you. Set out.

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-06, 02:26 AM
"Crazy Old Coot."

Coming from a man more than twenty years Deran's senior, draped with bells and whistles that jingled as he walked and stared intently at a chunk of rock, this statement seemed rather... hypocritical.

James wasn't the stablest of folks, not by a long shot. His watery blue eyes darted back and forth intently, but from the way the seemed to glaze over details as he stumbled and ambled you're forced to wonder if he was actually seeing anything.

But he was, oh he was... James' torment came from beyond the world of the material, the visible, and maybe even the real. This is especially apparent when he starts and jumps at nothing at all, glaring into the ether.

"Let the man trot, yor a walker ain'tcha? Reeky ligus types. Get out the way. Get out the way."

Speaking to, or listening to for that matter, James was a trial all in itself. His voice wandered and meandered across nations and times like a drunken hobo in Frankfurt.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 03:11 AM
Argal

Shuss preacher man! We do what we like! I like walking, move!

Argal may not be the sharpest tool in the box and he may have a penchant for seeing the world through slightly simple eyes, but sometimes it is these eyes that put everything else in perspective for others.

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 06:51 AM
Tolsimir

Tolsimir walked a bit distanced from the others, gazing off and seemingly disconnected from the rest of the world. he suddenly noticed argal talking and says "Shut up you stupid halfbreed." he looked at him from above, he looks at everyone from above, not a wonder with him being as tall as a man and a half. "This place is a nightmare. not fights, no blood, only damn rocks."

He suddenly gazes off, not really sure what on. simply gazing, again disconnected from the world around him. he is really bored here, he needs a fight.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 07:58 AM
"I not stupid! I good clever for a half-breed! Not enjoying the company of the knight, Argal turns to rejoin Deran but not before uttering; Blood not always good. I think you don't like you're blood on my blade.

Kaelik
2007-12-06, 08:25 AM
Deran

Smiling wistfully at the arguments he continues on.

See my good man. If you set out on the Journey you could find yourself with such wonderful accompaniment as these men.

Bayar
2007-12-06, 08:33 AM
The farmer

Just like at the local tavern.Adventuring is no longer for me.But I could just move with my family...in a town near Sharn...they usually need help at the fields.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 09:07 AM
Argal looks at the farmer rather blankly; I like taverns.

Bayar
2007-12-06, 09:56 AM
.....As you climb the mountain, rocks and debris slow down your ascent.Numerous tracs of different creatures ascend the hillside.the climb levels off as you get closer to the cave mouth. You see a man the size of a galleon lying on the ground at the cave opening. As you get closer, you can see that death has taken him.Despite his obviously descomposed state, the man does not exude the oder of decay.
..... There are no signs of struggle.Who was he and how did he died? You can see that he is wearing a chain shirt and beside him lies a gargantuan halberd.
..... Beyond the body is a single cave that winds down into the earth.

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 10:01 AM
Tolsimir

"Well. aint this a bitch?" says tolsimir as he kicks the dead guy, chopping off his head jest in case. ((I played too much Half-Life 2. every dead body needs to be decapitated if you dislike zombies.)) "Lets move into the cave and see whats going on."

((A giant I assume? after all even I'm not THAT big.))

iceman
2007-12-06, 10:03 AM
Treygar

Moving along at a comical half trot, half run, you hear from somewhere near the back of the line,Oye, lets not be talkin' bout taverns now. You'll be makin me thirsty!

Upon seeing the body of the dead giant Treygar's face scrunches up into a frown. Looking down at it he mutters a few curses in dwarven and spits on the body.

Yeril
2007-12-06, 10:22 AM
The Tall, dark skinned orc, dressed in thick leathers and hide moves to the cave entrance, He is mostly bald, spare the long ponytail at the back of his head.

He talks with a canny vocabulary that seems unusual for an full-bred orc.

"Whatever did this is going to be inside, we must be prepared." he kneels down to the floor and takes a closer look at the tracks.

Survival check to discern anything useful, from the tracks (eg. Who, what, how many, what direction, ect.)
[roll0]

Kaelik
2007-12-06, 10:48 AM
Deran

Deran walks up to the corpse and nods.

For all the Journey must come to an end. May you passage across The Last River be s journey of it's own.

Turning to face the cave again, he continues walking inside.

Bayar
2007-12-06, 10:55 AM
Tolsimir attempts to hack the Titan's neck but finds out that it would take FAR too much time to be worth anything...since he discovers that it actually is dead.
Dribble can see that the cave is low and shallow, obviously dug by small crude hands.Many footprints mark the dirt, and debris litter every corner.In the back of the cave, a narrow tunnel, poorly lit, leads deeper.

The farmer:
Well, here is where our paths diverge.I wish you good luck on your task.May Pelor's light guide you through these dark paths.With that, he departs down the mountain, the same way you came.

Godeler
2007-12-06, 10:57 AM
Garret

Observing his surroundings with some misgivings (oh how he wishes the farmer would stop complaining), Garret sees the giant and makes a mental note of it.

We may need to take some care here... whatever felled this... thing... may still be around, and I for one would not like to meet it.

He then follows Deran into the cave, if only to get into a cozier environment than this wretched mountain path.

Bayar
2007-12-06, 11:03 AM
Going into the tunnel, you can see that it winds into the mountain, it's ceiling some 6 feet high and 5 feet wide at the widest. After about 100 feet or so, the tunnel opens into a larger room, cut from stone and built, rather than dug.It is obvious that someting lives here.

iceman
2007-12-06, 11:48 AM
As Treygar steps through the opening into the cave beyond he says,Weell whatever killed that giant is probably long gone by now. Or at least we should hope so.

Treygar will strap on his shield at this point, and though his weapon is still "sheathed" his hand is close by it. Just in case.

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 11:49 AM
Tolsimir

Tolsimir quickly goes into the room, cursing the tunnel's low ceiling.
As he enters the room he takes a quick look to see if anything is around, but not with great care.

Spot: [roll0]

edit: Only now i understand how pathetic are my rolls.

Godeler
2007-12-06, 11:55 AM
Garret follows behind Deran, looking about for anything unusual.

Not that I don't believe you, but how can you think the giant killer is gone? Pure optimism?

Spot: [roll0]

Bayar
2007-12-06, 11:57 AM
You exit the dark and yes, dank, narrow passagewayto emerge onto a worked stone floor.Looking about, you see that you have entered a large square chamber hewn completely from stone.You notice two iron doors, one to your side and the other in front of you. Otherwise there are no other features of interest in the stone.

DM: OOC thread for a little advice.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 12:07 PM
Algar looks around and upon noticing the 2 doors says matter of factly; "Those doors go somewhere, lets go. He steps forward but then falters as he realises he doesn't know where to go, then looks back to the entrance and says; "I wants the big mans blade.

Realising no one will let him get the giant's weapon, Algar sits down with his halberd on his lap and sulkily sharpens the blade.

Bayar
2007-12-06, 12:11 PM
The room looks like this:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/1.jpg

advice (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3621968&postcount=137)

iceman
2007-12-06, 12:16 PM
In response to Garret Optimism? Aye. Othe'wise I get the feeling this could be a very short trip!

Godeler
2007-12-06, 12:21 PM
Garret eyes the dimwitted Argal with mocking contempt.

Really? And how do you plan to use it? It's more than five times my size... Are you compensating for something?

Grinning at his sly retort, Garret took out his crossbow and loaded it. SOME one here should be preparing for the worst, not fixating over very long polearms.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 12:27 PM
Argal stares at Garret like he is stupid and boldly declares"I know its too big! I cut the head off and stick on my small pole. It would be great for crushing small people.

Amused with his joke Argal carries on sharpening his weapon while humming a little ditty about orc ladies to himself.

Godeler
2007-12-06, 12:41 PM
Garret tires of this little game with the half-orc. He'll figure it out eventually, even if it does take him a very long time. For now, Garret may as well play along and watch Argal's attempt to get his "blade." That'll at least be good for a laugh.

You can try... but that halberd looked like it was pretty strong. Too strong for you just yet, even if you do throw a tantrum.

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 12:44 PM
Tolsimir

"lets get it on!" says tolsimir with pure joy as he take out his sword and fix his shield "I bet there are dozens of little goblins in there waiting for us to kill them."

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 12:44 PM
Argal looks at Garret in amazement; "You'll come with Argal to get his blade? You real friend! We gonna be real good friends mister pixie thief!

Godeler
2007-12-06, 12:50 PM
Heh heh heh... sure, why not?

Always befriend the big guy. It's served well before, and at least now Garret won't be quite so unprotected if things turn ugly.

Kaelik
2007-12-06, 12:51 PM
Deran

Walking down Deran approaches the side door, checking to see if it is locked he gives it a tug.

Well best not stand around all day, time to take the path provided for us.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 12:53 PM
Argal looks apalled at Deran, What about his pretty blade? "But Mr. Preacher, what about my pretty blade? Want it!"

iceman
2007-12-06, 01:04 PM
Hey there laddie! Slow down a bit, I think some of the others still haven't made their way into the cave yet.

OOC: I think our DM wants to make sure everyone has posted recently before moving on.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 01:33 PM
Looking confused and slightly jilted, Argal sits down on the floor again with his halberd and flint, looking at Garret he smiles a toothy grin; Come Mr. Pixie Thief sit here with Argal. Tell me about you.

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 01:36 PM
Tolsimir

"Shut up will you?" says tolsimir to the half-orc "I am TRYING to get prepared to kill." as he swings his sword against the wall from an impressive distance.

Kaelik
2007-12-06, 01:38 PM
Deran

Scowling at the Orc he speaks out of the side of his mouth to the Dwarf, Not all journies travel at the same speed or along the same trail, but they all lead to the same place. To each his own path.

As for your Blade, no one is stopping you, why do you sit here instead of going onward? And don't call me Preacher.

OOC: I am well aware.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 01:50 PM
Argal looks at Tolsimir; You bad at killing? You must be! Only fools prepare to kill! My people kill very well, I kill when I have to. With this comment Argal laughs heartily, then turning to Deran;
I came with everything, we do things together, there are nasty things round here. I call you Preach if I want it all you do!

OOC: Yeh I pushed myself in a corner, I know we shouldnt leave, I typed before I thought and then well I stuck to character!

Bayar
2007-12-06, 01:59 PM
The door is not locked. As Deran gives it a tug, the door opens slightly, the edge disappearing into a blackness that lies just beyond.You allow the door to open completely and watch as more and more of it is swallowed in the barrier until only it's hinges are visible.Peering cautiously into the darkness for signs of movement, you see nothing.Even your ears can only detect the breathing of your fellow adventurers.The dark space reveals nothing of what lies beyond.

DM: Yes, I would have rather waited for all of you to get ready...meh :smalltongue:

Kaelik
2007-12-06, 02:14 PM
Deran

Peering at where the door disappeared Deran smiles, Well look at that, odd how the door isn't evenly slightly visible. Almost supernatural. I wonder where that dark magic obsessed fellow is, you know the crazy one. With my luck he should be here any minute to investigate this.

OOC: We don't have to leave yet, I was just opening the door.

Godeler
2007-12-06, 03:18 PM
Garret was simultaneously insulted and amused by his new title. Mr. Pixie Thief. Not a bad ring to it, excluding of course his masculinity. Still, there was no problem with sitting with the lummox to wait. There was little better to do just yet.

Well, Greenie, I'm not much for the eye. Never was much for battle either, too grim and too much risk for me. I prefer a cleverer sort of game, the kind you can't bash to death. Traps and trickery are my delight, and that's why I'm worth having around; you might be able to kill twenty goblins a minute, but you can't stop a wall from collapsing on you. I can.

Bullseye.

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-06, 03:31 PM
James grumbles irritably as he follows the rest of the party into the dungeon, something about a wagon is heard as they pass the titan. He twitches and jumps at the mention of Pixies, growling to himself and muttering as his teammates throw barbed insults at one another.

Still, once in the dungeon he takes care to stuff the bells hanging from his mail with felt stoppers. It never paid to let them know you were coming.

Kaelik
2007-12-06, 03:36 PM
Deran

Hey you. The crazy one, check this out? Supernatural?

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 04:09 PM
Tolsimir

Tolsinir sighs as he turns to argel and says "Silly halfbreed. there is a deference between killing, and killing in style." and while saying that he makes a fancy spin of the sword, and clearly demonstrating his superior reach.

Then he takes out the SiMA (Shoved in My Armor) everlasting torch as gives it to james saying "Hold this you nutshell."

Bayar
2007-12-06, 04:13 PM
DM: you keep talking and investigating the darkness...i will go to bed in 5 minutes...will reply tomorrow...

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 04:30 PM
No I don't like walls falling over me. You kill my walls and I kill Your Goblins.
Turning to Tolsimir, Argal watches his sword moves then says; Killing is killing. Killing in style wont get you no further than rough killing. My blade is better than yours.

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 04:58 PM
Tolsimir

"Want to put that into the test?" says tolsimir with a snob voice "I'll fight you anyday." and after a shot thought he adds "If you have to honor for a clean fight."

He takes a short phase and says "Let me tell you something." again with a snob voice "Bloodlust is good and all, but a true warrior turn to honor. and style is a part of honor. without honor you are not better then an animal."

Godeler
2007-12-06, 05:26 PM
Not that I mind watching combat, but we shouldn't kill each other over petty nonsense. Style and honor are all well and good, but why bother fighting about small things when there are more pressing matters to deal with? Treasure, for instance, and making sure I don't bite the dust.

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-06, 06:15 PM
James gives Deram a dirty look that slides off the cleric, bounces off one of the walls and fixes on him again like pale augors.

"We're all crazy friend, some of us just don't know it yet."

And he giggles, finding this statement wildly amusing. Still, he walks over to the doorway to inspect it anyway. As Tolsimir hands him the Everlasting Torch he blinks, and nods gratefully. After a few moments of examining the doorway, waving the torch at it, and generally looking like he was doing something, James straightens.

"Definately magical. Can't see through it."

Of course, he was stating the blatantly obvious, but he'd been surprised before at how often that was exactly what people wanted from him. Still... Out of the corner of his eyes he studies the door critically, mentally running through old books and references he had seen on things of this nature.

Knowledge: The Planes roll in ooc.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-06, 06:16 PM
Todd Gansett

A man of average height and weight, wearing a tan outfit that looks suited for spelunking, minus a miner's helmet, runs up, panting with exertion. He pulls a cloth out of a curious little bag hanging from his waist ((think: fanny pack)) and wipes his forehead while catching his breath. Walking in, he turns to James.

"Sorry for my lateness," he says with a charming grin. "I returned our...purchase, and had the shopkeepers procure some items that could assist us."

Surveying the group, he smiles that boyish grin again. "Todd Gansett, noble ruler of Naragansett and renegade spellcaster, at your side."

Yeril
2007-12-06, 06:35 PM
OOC: Oops! I would of been talking alot more but I forgot to subscribe and didnt realise the game had carried on without me :smallbiggrin: .

Dribble smiles at the half-orc, His simple wit and laungage reminded him of home, dispite many of his brothers being as dumb as a brick, they had the qaint simplicity that Dribble never had, his mind often buzzing with thoughts.

"Knight, Leave the Kid alone, one like you would not understand the true passion of battle, the passion that makes you loose yourself, a frenzy of blows that are perfect, everything is right, Time stands still for you. That is not somthing you can experience with the finesse and valor of a knight such as yourself."

The orc draws his weapons, a slightly notched longsword and a oddly shaped curved dagger.

"Lets see what this cave has to offer us, you will provide the finnese, and we shall provide the frenzy. Im sure there will be enough bloodshed for all of us."

Dribble gives a toothy grin and a knowledgable wink.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 06:36 PM
Argal laughs at Tolsimir; I don't kill unless I have too. So we duel! This place have beasties, whoever kills more, wins! We see youre honor then. I lose myself in my kins word but he only say good things!
Argal grins at the orc next to him, he had a friend. That made 2!

Responding to Garret Argal clearly says within earshot of Tolsimir; No worry Mr Pixie Thief, I look after you when beasties hurts you! You friend!

Algar is confused at the brightness of the newcomer, why was he so happy? Perhaps he had a nice blade?! Perhaps he has the one from the big man outside!
You got nice blade? Look at mine! Argal holds out his halberd to Todd for a look

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-06, 06:38 PM
James runs a hand through the white wings on his black hair and nods in a more-or-less friendly way to Todd.

"Had to sell my wagon. It was a good wagon, four sturdy walls, crisp white canvas, long straight leads and wheels that weren't too creaky. Many a night was spent asleep in it hard wooden embrace. Its loss will be mourned."

He motions the sorcerer over to the doorway with the torch.

"Take a look at this here entrance young'un, mighty suspect if you ask me. Could be one of those sentient person eating doors, or the gullet of a great beasty disguised as a dungeon."

hyperfreak497
2007-12-06, 06:47 PM
Chuckling at Argal's unwitting double entendre, he examines the halberd, mocking great interest.

"No, my friend, I carry no blade with me. But if I did, I'm sure mine would be hard pressed to match yours in effectiveness."

With a nod to James, Todd approaches the door, a serious look spreading over his face.

"I'll do all I can," he says, his hands already working the arcane gestures to examine the door, "But perhaps our trickster friend would be better suited for this task."

Casting detect magic.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-06, 06:57 PM
Argal couldn't help grinning, 3 friends! Argal to let others worry about the doorway, if it was dark then put a fire in there! It seemed simple to Argal!
Looking at Dribble Argal was reminded of his past, his missed his orc kin but this one wasn't from his family.
Kin friend! Where you from? I not from orc city, I from large hooman town, mother orc, father man. What orc city like?

boomwolf
2007-12-06, 08:44 PM
((should I note i'm 6 years YOUNGER then argal? only 17.

Also, we found our source of tention. its usually the LG and the CE but this time its the CG and the LE, argal being the CG me being the LE))

Tolsimir

"I am surrounded. by idiots." says tolsimir to himself as he leans on a wall. "But I will take your challange half-orc. honor forbids me not to,"

Tolsimir then turn to dribble and says "Should I note that your half-minded kin in older then me by the looks of it?" after a short phase he says "Truth remains, you have no honor, and without honor no amount of combat skills worths anything. the TRUE passion of battle is when you draw the blood of your opponent, and you know you have done it with well trained skills, and not born power or mindless rage. the one simple fact, that you are better with a sword then your opponent was, try it. the pure pleasure of killing your opponent slowly, giving him no hope to ever defeat you, delaying his death jest to enjoy his suffering, try it, you might like it."

iceman
2007-12-06, 09:41 PM
Having propped himself against one of the walls Treygar stands by half listening to the talk of bravado between the young human and the two orcs, and the conversation between the two spellcasters about the door.

Upon hearing the young knight speak of honor Treygar just kind of chuckles to himself before entering into the conversation, t' each his own thar young sirs. I'm sure before the day is through that each of our blades, or respective weapons,as Treygar nods to the sneak and the spellcasterswill be coated in the blood of our enemies. And I hope that afterward each of us will be alive to enjoy our victory.

Godeler
2007-12-07, 12:38 AM
Garret turns to Treygar, regarding his comment on "team spirit."

Yes, and hopefully a little richer... I mean, wiser than when we started.

Too easy. Argal, Deran, and Treygar seem to be perfectly honest, which of course makes them predictable and easy to use. The two casters have so far kept to themselves, but I like the crazed warlock. He may be an... interesting ally. The real challenge here is Tolsimir. Probably a dependable infantryman among many here, but his bloodlust and emphasis on honor, to the point of threatening the other fighters, may be dangerous. Best to keep some distance from him, at least until the fights begin.

Bayar
2007-12-07, 01:06 AM
After pondering a little, James decides that the darkness is not coming from some kind of monster. It wiuld be prudent to probe it a little, although entering it wont be a very bad idea either...

@Todd:
You can tell that the darkness has a magical aura. Make a concentration check to learn more...You can also tell it is some kind of force field...it would be prudent to probe it first...but somehow you feel that it wont hurt you if you pass through.

boomwolf
2007-12-07, 08:14 AM
Tolsimir

"Richer, wiser. I'll take richer." says tolsimir with a grin.

Yeril
2007-12-07, 10:39 AM
Dribble frowns at the knight and steps up to his taunts.

"No combat skills? I know the steryotype of my people is big dumb bricks with axes bigger than their heads who flail about like drunken gorrilas, but that is not true, I for example, am much smarter than you, I am also much stronger and very much so more skilled in the way of weapons, if it were in other conditions and other circumstances, why I would of cut your hands off and then squeezed that little tin-can you call a helmet until the squishy bits inside oozed out." The orc spits in the dirt, glaring at the knight.

"Now, mister "honorable" knight, lead on so that us honorless dogs can follow in your wake to bask in your glory" he adds with a sarcastic tone before turning away and awnsering the half-orcs question.

"My Orc village, generaly a simple village, houses, blacksmith, a few grubby turnip farmers, leatherworkers, tanners, tailors, generaly what you would expect a normal village to be like, just with a bit more fighting and yelling."

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-07, 01:32 PM
Argal smiles at the thought of this village; Will you take me there? One day?

To add to the taunting of the knight, Argal looks at Tolsimir and trys to think of a clever insult like Dribble did but simply came out with; You, Gorilla no handies!

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-07, 03:55 PM
James processed the information he could divine from this barrier, shrugs slightly and decides that it was in fact not worth sharing with the people bickering behind him.

"Its perfectly safe gentlemen, just a magical field to keep the air fresh inside the dungeon. Whoever build this place had power and money in vast excess and a bounty of riches should greet us somewhere below."

His voice was well educated and thoughtful now. He motions at the barbarians and the knight.

"If you kind sirs would be so inclined as to lead the way, we can delve the depths of this dungeon. There is sure to be killing in abundance."

boomwolf
2007-12-07, 04:02 PM
Tolsimir

"Save you say? you don't seem to sane but if any of us were he was not here." says tolsimir as he steps in, like there is nothing, then glares at a random spot.

Bayar
2007-12-07, 04:41 PM
The rest of the party can no longer see or hear Tolsimir.So they decide to follow the brave (and kinda ignorant) knight into the darkness.

Your torchlight gleams feebly in this complete gloom, lighting up a smal region of what appears to be a large room. Two iron doors, one straight ahead and the other to it's side, are the only things that break up the unnending mass of worked stone.The chill and damp air clings to your body, and you are not the only one feeling it judgind by the cough coming out of the darkness.
Three orc warriors sit huddled together in the northeastern corner of the room, one of them trying to stifle another cough.They are a sorry remnant of the orc forces that followed Longtail (the )into the dungeon.They look extremely haggard with deep bags over their scar-marked faces and an ashen paleness, warning of their weakened state.

Map:http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/2.jpg

boomwolf
2007-12-07, 04:52 PM
Tolsimir

"Who are you?" asks tolsimir the three orcs "and why are you here?"

Bayar
2007-12-07, 04:59 PM
The orcs seem to not respond.Maybe they will answer another one...

Yeril
2007-12-07, 05:00 PM
"Orc brothers, what are you doing in this dungeon?" asks dribble in Orkish, his eyes shifting between the three.

Dribble descretly draws a throwing knife*, taking a readied action to launch it if the orcs seem hostile.

If attacking;
[roll0] to hit (-2 per 20ft distance between us)
[roll1] to damage

*Throwing knives are Darts.

Yeril
2007-12-07, 05:05 PM
Dexterity check for an Untrained slight of hand to draw the dart un-noticed.

[roll0]

iceman
2007-12-07, 05:16 PM
These here fellers don't look like they've the strength ta harm a bug much less pose a threat ta any of us.

And in a lower voice to Dribble See if ye can learn anything about what may be ahead of us if ye can.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-07, 05:34 PM
The wizard, striding along in the back of the pack, leans against the wall, dejected, when he realizes that Dribble would be more well-suited for parlay at this juncture. Suddenly, he perks up, and quietly says,
"Garrett! James! Come over here."

When the spellcaster and the rogue approach him, he tells them of a plan he had formulated. "I see no use for us here and now," he explains, a mischievous smile on his face. "Why don't we go forward in this catacomb, perhaps in a scouting foray? Garrett, you can make sure our path is well-advised, I can persuade inhabitants to let us pass, and James and I can provide force, should interaction prove unwise."

boomwolf
2007-12-07, 05:45 PM
Tolsimir

"Something is fishy, them or their friends might jump on us at any moment. lets move out, but keep your eyes open. and I'll be happy is somebody will kill them." says tolsimir, and an instant later he gazes at some unknown thing.

Godeler
2007-12-07, 06:28 PM
Garret, having joined the party in the dungeon and seen the battleworn orcs close up, decides that these creatures aren't worth his time. Let the other orcs deal with them; for now, riches await, and his job as a trapfinder should begin. He approached the two doors cautiously, and began to search them for traps.

Search (door straight ahead): [roll0]
Search (door to the side): [roll1]

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-07, 08:12 PM
Argal walks into the new room is amazed to see orcs! he looks at them and says;Brothers! What are you doing here?

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-07, 11:32 PM
James follows at a distance, his hands glowing with profane energies. He disliked being caught unawares, but seemed to be watching everything but the three orcs.

Kaelik
2007-12-08, 12:09 AM
Deran

Deran smiled as he followed the others into the gloom. Emerging on the other side, he walked around the room. After a while he walked over to the orcs and sat beside them, leaning his spear against his shoulder. A little rest is excused every now and then, but the journey continues. Is something the matter? Perhaps I could aid you in restoring your will to walk the Path.

boomwolf
2007-12-08, 05:54 AM
Tolsimir

"That idiot will get us killed." says tolsimir with a large sigh. then he yells at him "THEY CAN BE THE ENEMY MORON!"

Kaelik
2007-12-08, 06:06 AM
Deran

Looking up at the armored figure, Deran sighs. You could be the enemy as well. I don't have enemies that don't make themselves one of mine. These people have yet to do so.

Bayar
2007-12-08, 07:16 AM
The orcs seem to listen to your questions...after a few pondering moments, the largest of them all, says:Curios, arent we....I think you might think "What happened to you orcs?" ...the answer is: You will see soon enough. in broken common.The other two laugh at the response, the smallest one stifling his cough.

Roll Sense motive.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 08:09 AM
Argal is confused by the orcs, he doesn't understand people at the best of times so now is really confusing! In Orcish; I don't knows what you mean!

Sense Motive;
[roll0]

OOC; Do you think I could do any worse?

Bayar
2007-12-08, 08:12 AM
OODM: there is always a worse roll...

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 08:14 AM
OOC; How can you do worse than that? :P

Bayar
2007-12-08, 08:15 AM
OOC; How can you do worse than that? :P

OODM: Having crappy WIS score...penalty...flaw...the score goes into the negatives...

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 08:17 AM
OOC; True... BUT... Someone with negative modifier could still roll high and do well or even roll a 20! Therefore beating me :D

boomwolf
2007-12-08, 09:24 AM
Tolsimir

Sense Motive: [roll0]

"Lets jest get moving" says tolsimir with a bored voice.

Yeril
2007-12-08, 10:25 AM
[roll0] Sense motive.

"uhh.. right."

Still keeping the readied action to throw the dart.

Bayar
2007-12-08, 11:20 AM
None of you notices anything out of place...

OODM:Damn, those are low scores...

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 11:55 AM
Algar loses interest in the orcs; They seem to be tired or drunk. He walk over to the nearest door looks at it and says; Lets go in door!

boomwolf
2007-12-08, 12:01 PM
Tolsimir

"After you my friend" says tolsimir to algar, then whispers to himself "you are expendable."

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 12:29 PM
Argal is confused, first the human is mean to him and now he says friend? Humans are weird!
You weird hooman. You mean now nice? Still good for bet? I kill more than you.
Argal suddenly wanting to beat the knight opens the door and walks through.

Godeler
2007-12-08, 12:47 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Having no clue what the orcs mean, Garret observes Argal opening the door and waits to see what becomes of him.

Argal, you may get yourself killed that way. But, better you than me, if it comes to that. On we go, then.

Bayar
2007-12-08, 12:48 PM
Argal is confused, first the human is mean to him and now he says friend? Humans are weird!
You weird hooman. You mean now nice? Still good for bet? I kill more than you.
Argal suddenly wanting to beat the knight opens the door and walks through.

which door is it ? on the map...and dont godmod pls...say attempts to open the door...

Yeril
2007-12-08, 12:54 PM
which door is it ? on the map...and dont godmod pls...say attempts to open the door...

Ooc; I don't think "opens the door and walks through" counts as godmodding since you can say "as you attempt to open the door, you find it looked/trapped"

:smallconfused:

If he said "I summon up 50 of my orc and balor friends to smash down the door and kill anything that they see easily" then maybe :smalltongue:

Bayar
2007-12-08, 01:02 PM
Still, which fricking door? There are 4 doors...plus 2 to go back in the first room...

Yeril
2007-12-08, 01:04 PM
Four doors? thats not very clear I can only see 1, and maybe another little smudge that could possibly be a door :smallannoyed:

hyperfreak497
2007-12-08, 01:51 PM
OOC: Garret searched both doors and you never gave him the information that he should've gleaned from it.

Bayar
2007-12-08, 02:13 PM
Yeah, forgot to say that...
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/2-1.jpg
OK, lets call the two doors that are in the west 1 and 2, and the doors near you 3 and 4.

1 2

........................ 3

........................ 4

Like so...

Garret searched doors 3 and 4.
And to Garret:Neither doors are locked

Argal opens the door

DM: now, please select what door you want to open...

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 03:36 PM
Argal attempts to attempt door 3.

OOC; sorry I should have specified

Bayar
2007-12-08, 03:47 PM
DM: The contestant has chosen door 3 ! Lets see what's behind door no. 3 !

You see an open doorway to your left. The body of an orc, his arm outstretched toward the door you have just come from, lies slumped near the middle of this room. A lone spear, it's shaft broken lays in one of the corner.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/3.jpg

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 04:14 PM
Argal looks around the room not really knowing what to make of the dead orc in front of him.
Curiosity gets the better of Argal and he steps forward to search the orc.
Search Check;
[roll0]

hyperfreak497
2007-12-08, 04:53 PM
Noting the dead orc behind door 3, Todd turns to Dribble. "I'm going to check the other room," he says. "I'll holler if there's any trouble."

With that, the sorcerer turns the knob and looks in.

Bayar
2007-12-08, 05:11 PM
Searching the orc's corpse, Argal finds several holes in his neck, arm and leg.Each hole also has up yo eight smaller, rough punctures near it.No notable possesions...

The heavy smell of stale air greets Todd as he opens the door to a large room. Bits of dried grass as well as larger hunks lay all over the floor, as if a tornado recently tore through a meadow.

Mappy:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/4.jpg

Yeril
2007-12-08, 05:32 PM
Dribble continues to question the orcs.

".. riddles aside, what do you mean by "you'll find out soon enough" then?"
inquires the distrusting orc.

*keeping up the ready action to attack*
Sense motive;[roll0]

Bayar
2007-12-08, 05:36 PM
They dont answer Dribble.But he seems to understand what is wrong:The orcs have simply given up and appear to be waiting for the inevitable.

Yeril
2007-12-08, 05:49 PM
"Look, incase you havn't noticed we aren't your friendly type of visitors, so why don't you start being more helpful before we start stabbing you in the face." The orc quickly begins loosing his patience with them, his voice raising.

Intimidate [roll0]
Sense motive [roll1]

Bayar
2007-12-08, 05:50 PM
The orcs dont react to Dribble's taunts.

iceman
2007-12-08, 06:00 PM
Staring down at the orcs with scarcely concealed disgust, Treygar says to the orcs with a touch of sarcasm, Since ye don' want ta be helpin' us out of the kindness of yer own hearts, perhaps we can come ta some kind of arrangement fer any information you boys have.

Yeril
2007-12-08, 06:02 PM
ooc: :smallannoyed: So all 3 orcs managed to pass a DC 17 fear-check, to which they should have a -1 modifier.. :smallannoyed:

iceman
2007-12-08, 06:20 PM
ooc: :smallannoyed: So all 3 orcs managed to pass a DC 17 fear-check, to which they should have a -1 modifier.. :smallannoyed:

OOC: I believe that, from the spoiler the orcs have given up on life and are just waiting to die. So any threats to kill/injure them are wasted because they feel they're going to die anyway.

Godeler
2007-12-08, 06:34 PM
Garret looks at the orc's corpse a little more carefully than his dimwitted bodyguard. Why is his hand outstretched to the door? Could he have been trying to escape something?

Argal, something tells me that the next room has some ghastly creature waiting to kill us all. If you want to head in there, I'll back you up, but don't say I didn't warn you when some beast starts gnawing on your face.

With that, Garret draws his crossbow and loads it, preparing for trouble.

boomwolf
2007-12-08, 07:05 PM
Tolsimir

"You are strong." says tolsimir "Even if there IS something there I'm sure you can kill it, or at least hold it until the rest of us reach to help." says tolsimir, hoping algar will go first and take the hits, after all better algar then him.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 09:01 PM
Argal is surprised at Tolsimir's encouragement but very happy to hear it, and with garrets support as well what could go wrong?
You right, let's open door, I kill Beastie inside and get one more than you knight boy! Load your weapon Mr. Pixie Thief!
With this being said Argal walks over to the door and attempts to open it.

If he does open it then ready action in doorway, Halberd against charge;
Attack roll;

If hit then damage roll;
EDIT! I put 1d20 instead of 1d10!
[ROLL]1d10+4
EDIT;
Ok The forum rollers ar emessing up I'll put it in a new post!

hyperfreak497
2007-12-08, 10:11 PM
Unaware of the activity in the next room, Todd stoops over and searches the grass on the floor.

Spot [roll0]

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-08, 10:33 PM
Damage roll for previous post! It's messed up!

Damage;
[roll0]

X2 because its a halberd that is readied against charge which gives twice damage rolled (PHB)
Which equals 26 damage!

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-09, 02:03 AM
OOC: You didn't get a crit. << And what in the world are you attacking? What the HECK is going on here?

Bayar
2007-12-09, 04:18 AM
Unaware of the activity in the next room, Todd stoops over and searches the grass on the floor.

Spot [roll0]
The smell of body odor are eye-wateringly powerful.Make a Fortitude check.
Also, you dont seem to see anything out of place, but better make sure...

Argal is surprised at Tolsimir's encouragement but very happy to hear it, and with garrets support as well what could go wrong?
You right, let's open door, I kill Beastie inside and get one more than you knight boy! Load your weapon Mr. Pixie Thief!
With this being said Argal walks over to the door and attempts to open it.

If he does open it then ready action in doorway, Halberd against charge;
Attack roll;
[roll0]
If hit then damage roll;
EDIT! I put 1d20 instead of 1d10!
[roll0]
EDIT;
Ok The forum rollers ar emessing up I'll put it in a new post!
The door was already open.You dont see any opponent. Do you go in?or just stay there? Will post description of room when you enter it.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/5.jpg

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 05:31 AM
Tolsimir

"Told you it's safe" says tolsimir as he follows algar. "Now, shall we go to the next room?"

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 08:00 AM
OOC; Sorry I thought the door was closed!
@seeker in the night, I was attacking whatever might be behind the door I thought was closed! And I know I didnt get a crit but If you ready a halberd against a charge you get double damage!

IC;
Algar walks up to the doorway and walks through it

Bayar
2007-12-09, 10:17 AM
As he enters the room, Argal can see an open door on the opposite wall that appears to be the only other way in or out of this otherwise empty room.
But in a moments notice, the whole room is engulfed in a darkness spell.No one knows what happened exactly, but it appears that Argal is being attacked by something.

DM:you can attempt to hit something...20% chance to miss (1-20 miss).Roll attack.

Anyone else cannot see anything in the room.

Yeril
2007-12-09, 11:26 AM
I push one of the orcs to the ground in spite and then follow the sounds of battle, swapping out for my Longsword and Kurki.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 11:37 AM
I push one of the orcs to the ground in spite and then follow the sounds of battle, swapping out for my Longsword and Kurki.

Is that an attack?

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 11:48 AM
Argal suddenly thrown into battle with the unknown enemy attacks where he thinks the enemy should be;

Darkness miss chance;
[roll0]
If he hits;
Attack roll;
[roll1]
If he hits;
Damage roll;
[roll2]

As he does this Argal shouts at the top of his voice;
DIE MEAN BEASTIE!

Yeril
2007-12-09, 11:52 AM
Is that an attack?

OOC: I didnt mean it to be, just a sort of "-.- grrrr" type thing, but its your call.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 12:39 PM
OODM:Ok...

Argal seems to be fighting shadows, because he does not hit his opponent (AC=17).
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll:[roll1]

He recieves a powerful slab by a small creature.Through his mind the idea of a tactical retreat flashes...(or he could just die there...)

Dribble makes it to the room behind door number 3 where he finds Tolshimir.

Roll initiative (both of you).

Yeril
2007-12-09, 12:40 PM
OODM:Ok...

Argal seems to be fighting shadows, because he does not hit his opponent (AC=17).
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll:[roll1]

Wouldn't the enemy have 20% chance to miss? since very few creature have the ability to see in magical darkness.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 12:41 PM
Fort: [roll0]

Satsified that there is nothing to find here, Todd returns to the second room ((A2)). Hearing the sounds of battle, Todd turns to run toward the fight.

((Initiative in next post))

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 12:43 PM
Tolsimir

"****! not THAT early." he says as he jumps in, attempting to strike down whatever is there.

[roll0] miss chance
[roll1] attack
[roll2] damage

(AC=18)

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 12:44 PM
edit=forgot init:
[roll0]

Yeril
2007-12-09, 12:44 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Bayar
2007-12-09, 12:47 PM
Todd manages to control himself due to the strong stench...(roll fort save each round you are in room).

Tolsimir jumps to aid his "friend" but misses the creature completely.

@yeril: blindsight...isnt this good?

Initiative from now:
Argal
Creature
Dribble
Tolsimir

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 12:49 PM
Todd manages to control himself due to the strong stench...(roll fort save each round you are in room).

((I left the room))

Initiative: [roll0]

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 12:49 PM
Argal is not put off by fighting shadows instead he flys into a barbarian rage (+4 strength, +4 constitution, +2 morale on will saves, -2 armor class, +2 hit points) (lasts for 6 rounds)

Argal screams; Nasty beastie! You die now!

To hit in the shadows;
[roll0]
If I make contact;
To hit;
[roll1]
If I hit then damage;
[roll2]

Bayar
2007-12-09, 12:51 PM
In his bloodlust, Argal slashes he creature in two.The darkness dissipates, and you can see that you have been attacked by a Fiendish Darkmantle.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 12:53 PM
Rushing into the room, Todd stops next to the furious half-orc.

"Well done, my angry friend," he says with a laugh. "I suppose that makes the score one to nothing," the sorcerer adds with a pointed look at Tolsimir.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 12:56 PM
Argal voluntarily ends his rage (-2 to strength and -2 to dexterity for duration of encounter... has the encoutner ended now?)
He turns towards Tolsimir and grins;
See knighty boy, I got one more kill than you! I winning!

Bayar
2007-12-09, 12:58 PM
36 XP for all.Yes, the encounter ended.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 01:00 PM
"Looks like there's no need to stay here," Todd says with a nod. "Tolsimir, would you like to lead the way through this door? I know how eager you are to even the score out."

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 01:01 PM
Deran

Deran hleps up the orc pushed over by Dribble, and then sit back down nex to the orcs. Thirty seconds before one of the comes in here begging for me to waste my healing. This is going to be a long journey if I have to spend the whole thing with such rash individuals. You wouldn't happen to have anything on you that I could borrow would you?

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 01:07 PM
Tolsimir

"This place is not called the world's LARGEST dungeon for nothing." says tolsimir with a smug voice "there are hundreds more to kill. but only if we live that far" then he points at algar's wounds "thanks for getting the hits for me silly halfbreed."

((you mean each or total? 36 total is 4.5 each.))

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 01:09 PM
Yes Knighty boy, make score even!
Argal grins before downing a potion of cure light wounds!
(healing 1d8+1 hit points)

1d8+1

EDIT;
thanks my bad! why isnt the roller working?

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 01:10 PM
Yes Knighty boy, make score even!
Argal grins before downing a potion of cure light wounds!
(healing 1d8 hit points)

OOC: You heal 1d8+1 HP, and you need to roll it.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 01:11 PM
"This place is not called the world's LARGEST dungeon for nothing." says tolsimir with a smug voice

((We don't know what it's called. We just got hired to check it out.))

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 01:12 PM
((I jest figured that my superior reach makes most traps useless on me.))

Tolsimir

"Well. I assume I can open the next door." says tolsimir as he opens the door from a safe distance.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 01:16 PM
I'll try my potion roll in a new post!
Potion;
[roll0]

edit;
YAY!

Yeril
2007-12-09, 01:17 PM
"Lets continue then.."

Dribble moves towards the door and pauses, listening carefuly for a moment before opening the door.

Listen [roll0] -5 for barrier

Opens the Door.

Edit; you can't edit in a roll, it has to be made in a new post :smallsmile:

Bayar
2007-12-09, 02:14 PM
Peering through the open doorway you discern for certain that the room is empty.There is an open door on the opposite wall that could be the only exit.

And 36 Xp each, from the 300 XP total...

Also, the orcs look at Deran and burst into laughter...but only for a few moments.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/6.jpg

Yeril
2007-12-09, 02:30 PM
Dribble stands silently in the doorway for a moment.

"Garret, this room is empty, I dont like that. Check it out." he calls back to the rogue."

Godeler
2007-12-09, 02:41 PM
Garret was not able to see anything or take a shot into the darkness, so he was pretty useless at the moment of battle. However, the encounter did teach him one thing; hidden beasties must abound here, and he would have to be more careful to look for them. Also, the barbarian should probably show some more restraint. But. no harm done.

I think we've learned something here, haven't we? Sometimes these creatures wait to ambush adventurers in these rooms. I should probably have a quick look inside BEFORE anyone enters from now on. After all, there might be more of those creatures.

Garret then tries to deduce where the creature came from.

There's no place to hide in that room, since it's empty, and it wasn't invisible, because it made the room dark before attacking. The only place it could have been is... the ceiling! Of course, it seems so obvious now. Barring some elaborate trap mechanism which seems completely unnecessary here... maybe that's what these things do; hide on the ceilings and wait to ambush us. The next time we see an "empty room, mind letting me have a peek upwards through the door? We might not be so surprised next time.

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 02:41 PM
Tolsimir

"Who would have known a day would come and I will agree with an orc." says tolsimir in a bored voice.

Godeler
2007-12-09, 02:45 PM
My apologies, Yeril. Just gleaning some information for us.

Time to work. An old-fashioned sneak and peek should do the trick here.

Move Silently to the doorway: [roll0]
Hide to the side of the door: [roll1]
Take a look at the ceiling: [roll2]

Yeril
2007-12-09, 02:51 PM
"Anything? what about a mechanised trap? This room has to have some perpose.." dribble scratches his chin in contemplation.

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 03:08 PM
Deran

Well it was fun while it lasted. A pity that you three had to give up and abandon the Journey so soon.

Deran stands up, moves 5ft back (so that he threatens all three with his Spear) and then stabs the middle one through the chest. (Coup de grace if allowed, otherwise attack.)

[roll0] (Against Flat footed AC)
[roll1]

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 03:08 PM
Argal looks at the room, it was empty... what was the problem???
Hurry up looking, I wanna get going!

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 03:11 PM
OOC; was that against those 3 orcs?

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 03:27 PM
((Seems like we are going to lose our healer))

Tolsimir

"Shut up will you?" says tolsimir to argal "haste might mean death."

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 03:38 PM
Argal interprets Tolsimir's words incorrectly;
Yes! haste mean death! Death our beasties! You just jealous because you is losing bet.

OOC; Probably bonna need a new healer :smallfrown:

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 03:45 PM
Tolsimir

"Are you really that stupid or are you pretending?" asks tolsimir with a near-shocked voice "if we rush it WE will die."

Bayar
2007-12-09, 03:58 PM
Garret moves very silently and searches the ceiling with his agile eyes...but no monsters...

Also, Deran's actions results a skirmish between him and the 3 orcs...anyone that is not with the main group, please help him...as his attack kills one of them...(AC 13, flat 13...sry)

Orc 1 initiative:[roll0]
Orc 2 initiative:[roll1]

I was hoping that the healer dies at least after level 5...

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-09, 04:06 PM
James initiative: [roll0]

The crazed man raises his hands threateningly, wild light in his eyes. This was getting a bit too retarded for his liking. He passes a wary gaze and a nod at Todd. He makes no threatening moves towards the orcs, simply standing there in case someone comes after him.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:09 PM
"James, you know I have your back," Todd says as he begins moving his arms in arcane patterns. "But I'm not sure if this is a good idea..."

Initiative [roll0]
Casting mage armor during the surprise round.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 04:13 PM
Yeah, so it will be somewhat like this:

Todd
Orc 1
Deran
Orc 2
James

And Todd's Mage armor takes effect...

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:17 PM
"Okay, James," the sorcerer says, preparing his hands for another quick pattern. "It's your call."

Preparing an action to cast magic missile on whatever James attacks.

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 04:24 PM
OOC: I had hoped/thought that everyone else was off in one direction or another, leaving me alone with the orcs, so that I could do this without anyone else knowing I had done it, and that they would not be able to interfere.

Init [roll0]

During my Turn if I go first: Attack Second Orc with Spear.
If I go after them: Five Foot Step if needed, then attack with spear. (Trying to keep any surviving Orcs in my threatened area.)

Attack and Damage on my turn.
[roll1]+4 if still sitting
[roll2]

Whenever it is not my turn, I will take the first two AoO that are presented to me. Those would be, any time an Orc stands up (I forgot I get a +4 to my attacks because they are prone) and if either orc moves closer to attack me, or away to escape. So I'll probably get both AoO.
Attack and Damage on first:
[roll3]+4 if attempting to stand up
[roll4]

[roll5]+4 if attempting to stand up
[roll6]

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:26 PM
OOC: I had hoped/thought that everyone else was off in one direction or another, leaving me alone with the orcs, so that I could do this without anyone else knowing I had done it, and that they would not be able to interfere.

((I was in the next room, Seeker was right next to you.))

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-09, 04:26 PM
((It occurs to me that that PM was unnecessary if we're already getting a surprise round. ^^ This is my surprise round action))

Eldritch energies boil from James' hand and leak from his eyes, manifesting into a swarm of incandescent motes in ugly blue and purple. They flick and roar for a moment before descending...

On top of Deran.

Hundreds of spiders manifest out of the energy cloud and swarm around the cleric, seeking to spider and poison and devour.

"It very well may be a bad idea, but if you recall it was yours in the first place. We agreed that no amount of foolishness would be tolerated."

Full Attack: Swarm (1d6 plus poison)
A spider swarm seeks to surround and attack any living prey it encounters. A swarm deals 1d6 points of damage to any creature whose space it occupies at the end of its move.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a spider swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 11 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 11, initial and secondary damage 1d3 Str. The save DC is Constitution-based.

[roll0] Damage
[roll1] Str damage if Fort save failed.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:29 PM
((Which means my magic missile is heading towards Deran...))

Magic missile damage: [roll0]

Bayar
2007-12-09, 04:31 PM
The first orc attempt's to attack Deran, but gets impailed by his AOO, and Deran killes the second orc with his attack.
Meanwhile, team spellcaster attacks deran, not sure why...since killing the party's healer means no heal 4 u.

It should be for the best if you 3 would stop the sensless battle...

Yeril
2007-12-09, 04:35 PM
OOC: Wait are you two attacking the team healer??

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:35 PM
[Self-scrubbed] ((Bad explanation for a bad action))

Bayar
2007-12-09, 04:38 PM
A blast of magic origin erupts from the ceiling, negating the spells that have been cast. Also, some pieces of ceiling fall between Tood+James and Deran.

DM: please dont attack party members, or the wall will fall on you next time...

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:40 PM
[Self-scrubbed] ((More failed attempts at making something wrong sound right))

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 04:41 PM
Okay, thanks to Deus ex Machina, I have no idea what spells where cast or what their targets where, (No spellcraft) so all that happened was I killed some orcs, then a flash of lights.

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-09, 04:42 PM
James snarls at the debris, not attempting to climb over but staring balefully at Deran. He stalks back and forth like a caged animal, but makes not further move towards violence.

"It would have been better for you died here cleric, the others will not be happy to hear that we have a psychopath in our midst."

EDIT: Deran, DM intervention. Edit away away.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 04:42 PM
((I was RPing. Seriously, Daren had no reason to be attacking them. In-character, we should have killed him as quickly as possible. By the way, can you say, "deus ex machina"?))

They laughed at him....and they are evil...2 good reasons...plus, you were not forced to kill them, but not forbitten not to...

Also, a brick falls on Deran's head.

Damage:1d3

Next time it will be the whole ****ing ceiling...now stop fighting and start looking in rooms...

Yeril
2007-12-09, 04:43 PM
:smallannoyed:

Pelor backhands you.

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 04:46 PM
Deran

They already know we have a psychopath in our midst. You have not done a well in hiding yourself. Deran cleans his spear on the nearest orc, and begins searching the remains.

Search
[roll0]

EDIT: Bayar, I started that before your post, after I saw your post I changed it.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 04:47 PM
Everybody recieves 56 XP... Now, back to the exploring of the dungeon.Also, the orcs had nothing of value on them.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:48 PM
"Deran," Todd begins, a look of intense anger spreading on his handsome face. "What you did just now is...unforgivable, but, for this expedition's sake, we will allow you to live. If you make any oppressive move, in the name of your god or otherwise, you will feel the pain of my Magick again. Speaking of your god, thank him for this collapse. You would not be alive right now, if not for it."

((I would scrub this, but I really, really hate reversing IC actions. Makes me feel like I'm cheating))

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-09, 04:50 PM
James snarls at Deran as he stalks past the debris, keeping one eye on the cleric and the other on the rest of the room. He disappears into the room where the rest of the party had just killed a darkmantle.

"Gawram Cleric's crazier than I am. Psychopathic killer."

He addresses the rest of the party with heavy distaste on his tongue.

Yeril
OOC: Guys.. 56 exp, if theres ANY reason to kill 3 defensless orcs, this is it.

easiest 56 xp I ever earnt. :smallbiggrin:

Bayar
Think ames is not the only psychopath in this party...but it is a RP game, so RP mental illnesses if you really want to !

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 04:51 PM
[Self-scrubbed] ((Taking anger out on people who don't know why I'm angry))

Todd follows James into the room, anger still creasing his brow. "Let's move on. Knight, you lead." Frustration shows plainly on his face; something has angered him greatly.

Yeril
2007-12-09, 04:53 PM
OOC: Has the rogue made a search check in the new room yet?

Bayar
2007-12-09, 04:56 PM
yes, and found nothing...and not because he had bad rolls, but because there is nothing there...

Yeril
2007-12-09, 04:58 PM
Dribble moves forwards and listens breifly and then opens (or attempts to) the next door.

listen [roll0] Modified for the barrier.

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 04:59 PM
Deran

Sitting down between two of the dead orcs he smiles back at the wizard.

My God would not have aided me if I had not been performing his work. Yet I think you would find that even had that collapse not occurred my natural endurance would allow me to persevere through your magic, and still be a dangerous foe.

After the wizard leaves he turns to face the orc next to him and addresses it, Well if every time an Orc pulls a knife my comrades attack me this is going to be an interesting journey indeed.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:05 PM
Well the rogue was silent enough, but the rest of the party were as stealthy as a drunken warforged...encounter time !

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:08 PM
A swarm of fiendish rats washes into the room like it's namesake, attempting to cover as many PC's as it can.(they were drawn by the noise of fights and argues...)

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 05:11 PM
Well I'm still back in the other room, so Listen check

[roll0] -whatever the penalty would be for distance and such.

SeekerInTheNight
((No one is in the room with you any more Deran. >> You're talking to dead orcs.))

James casts Summon Swarm onto the far end of the Fiendish Rat Swarm on his turn.

EDIT: Wow, ridiculously low Init rolls. Not to mention I forgot the damage rolls.

Yeril
Dribble readies his weapons and slices both his weapons towards the swarm.

[roll0] Longsword attack
[roll1] Longsword damage
[roll2] Kurki attack
[roll3] Kurki damage

OOC: holdon, isn't a fiendish swarm of rats.. abit too strong for us? like CR 3?

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:13 PM
Dribble readies his weapons and slices both his weapons towards the swarm.

[roll0] Longsword attack
[roll1] Longsword damage
[roll2] Kurki attack
[roll3] Kurki damage

OOC: holdon, isn't a fiendish swarm of rats.. abit too strong for us?

Oh my, it seems that Dribble has eviscerated every single rat in the swarm with some impressive moves...and the help of another swarm...

@/\ apparently...no...goddammit, they dont hurt you...*mumblemumblemustkillthemmumble*

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-09, 05:13 PM
[roll0] Damage
[roll1] Str Damage if Fort Fails

OOC: Wow Yeril, I'm kinda turned on. xP

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 05:15 PM
((I know Seeker, that was my intention.))

OOC:And yes it is. A swarm of anything is immune to everything that anyone can do except the sorcerer and Warlock. They are immune to all weapon damage (even magic weapons.)

Yeril
2007-12-09, 05:16 PM
Oh my, it seems that Dribble has eviscerated every single rat in the swarm with some impressive moves...and the help of another swarm...

@/\ apparently...no...goddammit, they dont hurt you...*mumblemumblemustkillthemmumble*

But I did no damage to them.

If they are, what I beleive they are, a swarm of fiendish rats, they took half damage from my slashing weapons, which means 5 and 2 damage. and they have DR 5/magic meaning I did no damage what so ever.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:18 PM
But I did no damage to them.

If they are, what I beleive they are, a swarm of fiendish rats, they took half damage from my slashing weapons, which means 5 and 2 damage. and they have DR 5/magic meaning I did no damage what so ever.

nonono...5+2 from you, and 6 from James's swarm=13 =death to swarm of rats...whatever...will see at the next one...

Yeril
2007-12-09, 05:19 PM
nonono...5+2 from you, and 6 from James's swarm=13 =death to swarm of rats...whatever...will see at the next one...

But they have DR 5/Magic and my weapons are non magical.

This means my 5+2 becomes 0+0 damage. nothing. none.

SeekerInTheNight
2007-12-09, 05:19 PM
OOC: Hence why James summons his own swarm, they should tussle back and forth like that (cause the spider swarm, while weaker, is also completely immune to weapon damage) until we can find a way to kill the thing.

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:20 PM
whatever, the swarm did not die, the spiders and rats have a royal rumble, someone, toss a fireball at them so we can move on...

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 05:21 PM
Todd turns, full of rage. "Can you do nothing yourselves, you fools?!" he cries as he unleashes arcane magic on the swarm.

Magic missile. I know. You're shocked.

((By the way, shouldn't we be using the OOC thread for long OCC conversations?))

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 05:25 PM
((Whoops, forgot Init. and magic missile damage...))

Magic missile damage: [roll1]

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:29 PM
Most rats have perished, but a few are still alive and kicking...and also munching at Dribble :smallbiggrin:
Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Also, make a Fortitude check.

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 05:31 PM
Argal not knowing any better readies his halberd and makes an attack on the swarm;

Init; [roll0]
Do I really need to do a hit and damage roll? I wouldn't hurt them anyway!

Yeril
2007-12-09, 05:36 PM
A) swarm of rats dont need to make an attack roll, they automaticly hit.
B) half-orc with halbered guy can hurt them, since his attack range is 7-16 if he hits more than 12, he does alittle bit of damage.
C) [roll0]

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:39 PM
Dribble's fortitude is impresive...as he resists a disease...

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 05:44 PM
((Same as last round...))

Magic missile damage: [roll0]

Bayar
2007-12-09, 05:45 PM
And the swarm of rats is defeated.Also, going to bed...will post description of next room tomorrow, stay calm, there are no more hostiles, yet...

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 05:47 PM
OOC;Alright then lets hope we get more than 12!

To hit; [roll0]
If hit then damage; [roll1]

EDIT: Turns out I didn't need to do that then! Also any XP for this? Woo new room tommorow!

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 05:52 PM
Todd slowly closes his eyes and lets a sigh escape his lips. "I apologize for my anger, friends. I should not allow this kind of nonsense to happen. Self-restraint is usually one of my greatest virtues. In the morning, we can move on, but, for tonight, I think we best make camp. I have run out of Magick, and emotions are running high enough as it is."

((Talking about IG night; we don't necessarily have to wait for tomorrow to continue posting. Bayar's out; let's take the night off. I've got articles to write, anyway...))

Yeril
2007-12-09, 05:54 PM
"Need we all wait for the wizard? Perhaps two or three of us could press on into the next few rooms and clear the area." inquires the orc, picking up his curved dagger.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 06:06 PM
"Are you proposing that I should stay here and rest alone? Todd inquires of Dribble. "I have to sleep in order to regain my arcane power. Without a guard, eight hours of helplessness is guaranteed to produce a threat that would end my life, and, thus, my usefulness to this group."

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-09, 06:07 PM
Argal understands the value rest could do for the moment, with all the exertions of today he could perhaps stay with the magic men and rest with them while also being strong for looking after them;
I stay with magic men, We rest and be strong once more! They need me to stay with them if we get nasties finding us!

This being said the half-orc plonks himself down on the floor, he looks through his backpack till he finds what he is looking for, his rations and munches on them.

OOC; If i rest too I get my rage back :smallbiggrin:

boomwolf
2007-12-09, 06:14 PM
Tolsimir

"Yet ANOTHER trigger-happy idiot. I think I might survive longer alone here." says tolsimir regarding the cleric.
he sits down and says "You guys are insane. you are dumber then these rats. if I didn't need you to survive I would have gotten as far as possible from you."

After ranting a little tolsimir stands up and asks "Who can keep going? I think its best that whoever does not need to rest will scout a little."

((2 things:

bayar, don't forbid things again please. if we want to turn on our team its our choice. if I was there I would have attacked him as well.

Also-how much XP so far? I got lost.))

Yeril
2007-12-09, 06:17 PM
((Also-how much XP so far? I got lost.))
Im on 92, plus whatever we get from the rats (should be around another 112 from the rats)

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 06:50 PM
OOC: Tolsimr, You can't regard me. I'm not in the room at all. I'm back in the original room, sitting with the orcs.

Also, if the DM wants to forbid inter-party conflict then he can. Actually, I'd be pretty happy if he did now that I know at least half the parties first reaction to anything I do is attempting to kill me. I get that you're evil/crazy/hate oppression. But perhaps your character can ask questions about why I did it without resorting to a speak with dead spell.

And Garret, I feel sorry for you, the first time you make a spot check no one else does and therefore do something they don't immediately understand, half the party is going to try to gut you too.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-09, 07:17 PM
[Self-scrubbed] ((Sorry, everyone, 'specially Kaelik))

Kaelik
2007-12-09, 07:38 PM
Scrubbed for you viewing pleasure.

iceman
2007-12-09, 09:26 PM
Having eventually moved into the same room with everyone else. Upon hearing Tolsimr speak of doing some scouting Treygar pipes up, I'll go with ya there knight, though I be thinkin we might want to stay fairly close by just in case we get into trouble. Then in a whisper to the young human Or in case trouble happens ta break out behind us glancing noticably in the direction of any spell casters in the room.

boomwolf
2007-12-10, 03:36 AM
((actually I CAN talk about you even if you were in the other side of the multiverse. I don't know about the casters but what you did is completely against my knight's code, you attacked DEFENSELESS creatures that had not interest in a fight, without provocation or warning.))

Tolsimir

"Actually, if trouble brakes behind us I think we should get as far as possible." says tolsimir with an evil glare on the cleric he says "That one don't even have the courage to let his opponents prepare themselves before he strikes."

Kaelik
2007-12-10, 04:25 AM
((actually I CAN talk about you even if you were in the other side of the multiverse. I don't know about the casters but what you did is completely against my knight's code, you attacked DEFENSELESS creatures that had not interest in a fight, without provocation or warning.))

Tolsimir

"Actually, if trouble brakes behind us I think we should get as far as possible." says tolsimir with an evil glare on the cleric he says "That one don't even have the courage to let his opponents prepare themselves before he strikes."

Regard would imply looking at something which you can't do with a wall in between. Glaring would also require you to be able to see me. I have no problem with you insulting me, or talking about me (even though actually your character has no idea what I've done, all you heard was the crazy guy who called me an old coot earlier (even though he is older) say "Gawram Cleric's crazier than I am. Psychopathic killer." which could mean anything, and could very easily be believed to be him further attributing his own traits to me. So you really have no idea what happened until you investigate/ask someone.) You just can't regard/look at/glare at me when I'm not within your vision.

Bayar
2007-12-10, 04:58 AM
DM:I am glad to see you RP with yourselves...
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/7.jpg
A lone, small skeleton lies in this 10-feet wide hallway, bits of clothing and leather armor still clinging to its frame.Two open doors, one on either end of the hallway give no clue as to what lies beyond.

So, will you all rest so that you can continue together? or will a scouting party go to investigate while the others rest a bit?

DM:I am all for killing yourselves...but ending the campaign this fast would imply I will need new characters and restart the campaign...and that will decrease my SAN a lot... .So, from now on, PVP is allowed, but not desirable...Also, XP for the rats is:112 each. Seems Yeril has done the math :smallbiggrin:

boomwolf
2007-12-10, 07:44 AM
((not killing the entire rest of the party. only two or three.))

Tolsimir

"so, who comes with me?" asks tolsimir as he prepares to open the left door at the north. then in a quick thought he says "Madman are not welcomed."

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-10, 07:49 AM
Argal looks up at Tolsimir and says;
I not mad but I stay look after the mads! You go and make the score right; It two nothing to me!

Bayar
2007-12-10, 07:53 AM
((not killing the entire rest of the party. only two or three.))

Tolsimir

"so, who comes with me?" asks tolsimir as he prepares to open the left door at the north. then in a quick thought he says "Madman are not welcomed."

Weird, I said the doors are open :smallannoyed:

boomwolf
2007-12-10, 08:16 AM
((right, my bad, so I'm standing next to it.))

Tolsimir

"Two?" he asks with a wonder "I am quite sure the casters did the job and you took swings with your helbard like and idiot."

Yeril
2007-12-10, 10:46 AM
"You fools are taking this too dramaticly, leave the healer be." Dribble sits down next to his half-orc companion and gets comftorble for the wait.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-10, 06:16 PM
"I have no fear with Argal standing watch over me," Todd says, his brow still knitted in anger, although much less than before. "I am fairly certain James will be staying with me," he says, looking questioningly at the mad warlock he called friend. [COLOR="orange"]

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-10, 06:33 PM
Argal grins up at Tolsimir;
You smarter than you look knighty boy! Go beat me!

Kaelik
2007-12-10, 06:38 PM
"I have no fear with Argal standing watch over me," Todd says, his brow still knitted in anger, although much less than before. "I am fairly certain James will be staying with me," he says, looking questioningly at the mad warlock he called friend. "'Healer'," he says with a sarcastic intonation, "will you be staying with us?"

Can't hear you. Still in another room.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-10, 07:21 PM
Can't hear you. Still in another room.

Good point. :smallbiggrin: Editting...

boomwolf
2007-12-11, 05:10 AM
((are you planning to stay there forever? i mean. we all know you are going to come to the same room with us.))

Tolsimir

"Dribble, Tyegar, Garret, you guys coming? I think we need to scout ahead a little." says tolsimir as he gets up and prepares himself or any potential combat.

Yeril
2007-12-11, 10:47 AM
"I would rather stay here for now." nods the orc towards the knight.

iceman
2007-12-11, 11:38 AM
Checking his gear one last time Treygar moves towards the open door. Standing just to the side of it, Treygar beackons with his free hand.After you good sir knight.

boomwolf
2007-12-11, 01:27 PM
Tolsimir

"Considering I'm as blind as a bat and as deaf as a fish" says tolsimir "I assume I should not be the one leading."

Yeril
2007-12-11, 02:47 PM
"You sure are as ugly as a bat.." The orc whispers and chuckles to himself, taking advantage of his newfound knowledge of his colleages hearing problems.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-11, 05:27 PM
"Dribble, Argal," Todd says with a look to each, "I suppose you two will be keeping watch. I advise you to switch off, although I would guess, from your intellect," with a glance at Dribble, "that you had already thought of that. Good night...I think."

With that, Todd pulls his bedroll out of his pack and curls up to go to sleep.

((Go. Have eight hours of time without me. I'll be keeping track of when I wake up.))

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-11, 08:09 PM
Argal nods and grins to Todd with a mouth full of food. Argal takes off his armour.
A moment later he turns to Dribble says; Game?

boomwolf
2007-12-11, 08:16 PM
Tolsimir

"It seems like nobody shall accompany me scouting" says tolsimir "In that case I'll take a nap." and with these words he sits down and thinks to himself, if nobody will join him he better take off the armor, but If he takes it off he could not defend himself well in case of attack.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-11, 08:49 PM
"It seems like nobody shall accompany me scouting" says tolsimir "In that case I'll take a nap." and with these words he sits down and thinks to himself, if nobody will join him he better take off the armor, but If he takes it off he could not defend himself well in case of attack.

((Treygar (Iceman) was gonna go with you))

Bayar
2007-12-12, 11:07 AM
After a nice rest, you all feel revigorated, and ready to fight more baddies...so, start posting,...er...I mean act natural :smallbiggrin:

Yeril
2007-12-12, 11:11 AM
Dribble spends most of the time playing games with his half-orc companion, they played a Orcish game that involved a 3 by 3 grid, and making a line of three triangles or sqaures with chalk on the floor and walls. He then ate some rations, settled down for a rest, and then took watch later as the others rested, He then arose in the morning feeling refreshed.

boomwolf
2007-12-12, 02:07 PM
Tolsimir

As he takes off his armor he says "I knew I forgot something!" then he looks around asking "Anyone got a spare bedroll?" ((demonstrating the effects of 8 wisdom. I forget things.))

JettWilderbeast
2007-12-12, 02:24 PM
After a great night's rest Argal is feeling greatly refreshed and looking forward to more "fun"
Wakey Wakey rise and shines!

Yeril
2007-12-12, 02:26 PM
@Tsolimir.

take 10 on a untrained Craft (bedrolls) check going by the day, you make 10+int cp worth of bedrolls a day, but since your only making 1 it would only take a hour or two, not majorly slowing us down at all.

I mean all you realy are doing is hap-hazardly sewing two cloaks together with some stuffing inside,.

boomwolf
2007-12-12, 03:21 PM
Tolsimir

"silly me. forgot i have THIS!" says tolsimir with joy as he takes out his spare clothing and sleeps on it.

((told ya it will be useful.))

hyperfreak497
2007-12-12, 05:32 PM
Rested and re-invigorated, Todd stretches with a yawn, rubs sleep from his eyes and turns to his companions, the smile from before once again upon his face.

"Shall we continue our exploration of this grim dungeon?" he inquires, somewhat directed at Dribble, but mostly as an open question.

Kaelik
2007-12-12, 06:46 PM
Deran

After his relaxation, Deran awakes and heads into the next room, Well that sounds wonderful, nothing like a nice to trip to freshen one's day. Shall we go Right or Left?

Bayar
2007-12-13, 05:49 AM
Awaiting your decision...

boomwolf
2007-12-13, 08:10 AM
Tolsimir

"Yea, jest let me arm myself" says tolsimir as he puts on his armor and shield. and draws his sword.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-13, 01:30 PM
"Alright," Todd says with a smirk, "since we're being so indecisive about this, I suppose I'll make the decision. Let's go right! Will Dribble, Argal, or Tolsimir be leading?"

((Gah! Let's just go through the damn door!))