PDA

View Full Version : New D&D Survey is Up

P. G. Macer
2023-03-14, 02:11 PM
If you have a D&D Beyond account, you should have as a popup header an opportunity to take a D&D consumer survey. For those without DDB accounts, here is the link (https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7209559/dnd?geo=en&src=ddb_banner).

For the most part it seems to be similar to the previous surveys Wizards has put out, though they seem to be doubling down on some of the One D&D changes, such as referring to what used to be called race as species (no issue there, let’s not go further down that path), and no longer offering half-elves and half-orcs as an option for one’s favorite species (as a half-elf stan, I do have a problem with that, but I don’t want to divert this discussion before it even begins). Interestingly, in addition to the One D&D PHB races being offered as options in that section, there were also Aasimar, Changelings, and Genasi presented as options.

I also made it clear that WotC was far from off the hook with the OGL brouhaha, as I indicated it as the reason I’m extremely unlikely to recommend D&D to friends anymore, and it combined with lackluster One D&D playtest documents as why I’m highly pessimistic for D&D’s future.

Millstone85
2023-03-14, 02:17 PM
I got confused and thought this was about the druid-and-paladin playtest.

Okay so, general survey. I will take a look.

J-H
2023-03-14, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Ok, got it completed.
I wonder if they weight results so that the people who spend the most money on D&D have their votes count for more?

There's certainly a valid business case for "listen to the whales" instead of "listen to the people who have what they want and don't buy our stuff, but still want to tell us what we're doing wrong."

I'm in the latter group. They may be right to ignore some of us, from a business perspective.

Psyren
2023-03-14, 03:14 PM
Nice, Owlbear Rodeo has risen in prominence to be a VTT survey option :smallsmile:

Folks who want to express our desire for more lore and campaign setting books, there is a question specific to that, now's our chance!

Kane0
2023-03-14, 03:22 PM
Nice, Owlbear Rodeo has risen in prominence to be a VTT survey option :smallsmile:

Folks who want to express our desire for more lore and campaign setting books, there is a question specific to that, now's our chance!

Ooh nice, will be filling mine out shortly

Oramac
2023-03-14, 03:40 PM
Thanks!

I immediately find it interesting that the survey is not being done by Wizards internally. The landing page states that Quantic Foundry is handling it. I think this is a good sign.

Also, a LOT of this is targeted at the methods of material delivery and play (physical vs digital). Seems to indicate that they're worried about their perception of the overall playerbase and its comfort with digital-only material.

Overall, a new take. I'm intrigued. Hopefully they make a video about the results of this one.

Xervous
2023-03-14, 04:15 PM
Once again "Where do you get your news?"

>>GIANTITP.COM<<

Zevox
2023-03-14, 04:36 PM
Huh, I feel like I've taken this exact survey before (aside from the references to One D&D, obviously). I wonder if it's one they want to just do regularly every couple of years or something?

Anyway, filled it out.

Kane0
2023-03-14, 05:10 PM
Huh, I feel like I've taken this exact survey before (aside from the references to One D&D, obviously). I wonder if it's one they want to just do regularly every couple of years or something?

Anyway, filled it out.

Yeah every year or two, with subtle differences. Last time it was aimed in the general direction of COVID related events, this time it looks like a little more focus on the move to digitalization (though it has been present in almost all of these general surveys).

Leon
2023-03-14, 05:46 PM
Always good to have a scathing opinion on what they are doing and why i wont spend another dollar on their product