PDA

View Full Version : The End of an Era

Auranghzeb
2023-03-18, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the OoC

Cast of Characters:

Metastachydium
Leylek Saksaghan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2760862)
Ranger 2/ Monk 3
Background and goals (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25726782&postcount=112)
[TR="class: thick_outer_border_grid"]

Alhallor
Onka (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2760623)
Battledancer 5
Background and goals (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25726782&postcount=112)

Cygnia
Ahalyā (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2761522)
Shaman 5
Background and goals (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25726886&postcount=113)

BelGareth
Miromoto Shimura (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2796919)
Samurai 5
Classic Samurai looking for his lost sister.

Houserules: The Attack action is always a standard action, regardless of iteratives to a max of 4 attacks per round. There's no way of making more than 4 attacks per round.

Group initiative and posting frequency: I'll roll initiatives and group them as BEFORE Bad guys// BAD GUYS // After Bad guys. People in a group have 24 hours to resolve. Then we resolve each group. Some days I'll roll enemies rolls directly with my real life dice, hope you don't mind, but it speeds up posting frequency. Particularly with rolls that are reactive to your actions (AoO, saves, trip checks, etc). Similarly, if an enemy grapples or trips you, I'll roll both of the opposing checks to save time. NOT with saves.

Cygnia
2023-03-18, 03:18 PM
"OOK! Ahalyā chooses this shade to speak in!"

Auranghzeb
2023-03-18, 03:22 PM
BOONS

This is a weird party with no arcane spellcasting, no obvious tank and no range attacks.

Based on your requests I'll give you a boon to your character which is made easier since nobody made a binder (my favorite DnD class). I honestly don't want to think too much about the balance of these, so please, before complaining, consider that these are freebies.

Mirumoto Shimura
Your connection with your ancestor, Mirumoto Niten, is supernatural. A dragon shaped birthmark runs through your left arm from your shoulder down to the elbow, but it is more than a mark, and you have learnt over the years that it is an actual link with the past running through your veins. Once a day you can invest your soul energy (esentia) on the birthmark to gain 25% Fortification per point of esentia invested, you have also learnt how to bound it to your soul, when you do so, you gain the benefits of the Born Duelist Feat and DR Esentia/- as long as you fight with a Wakisashi and a Katana. However, just as with any soulmeld, you can't use any magic item on the arm slot at the same time. (I'll leave the visual fluff of the soulmeld up to you).
You also get 1 point of esentia plus one every 5 levels.

Luccan and Alhallor
With a little help from my forefathers:
It makes sense that in Oriental Adventures, with a Sintoist feeling, you have some powers derived from your family ancestors. As such, you'll be able to call the spirts of your family to aid you. Once a day you can pray and "bind" an ancestor.

Hayato Higa you commune with your great grand mother, a woman infamous for her poisonous concoctions and deadly poisons. You can only bind her at the break of dawn when the roosters arise and you must sacrifice some of your own health. Binding her has a DC of 24 (character level + cha).
Sign: binding her makes you look older and sick
Influence: If you make a bad pact, you become cruel and bitter, you have a -2 to diplomacy and sense motive and have to make a will DC 15 if you want to flee combat.

Benefits:
Posion Master: You get the Poison Master feat (Complete Scoundrel p80). you get to select which type of poison at the begining of the day.

Skill Focus. Craft Poison

Master deadthmaker: Once per day you can use minor creation as a spellcaster of your character level to aid you in fabricating poison but you measure the amount in dozes instead of gallons. You must succeed in a Craft Poison DC and can only make one type of poison. Posion created this way cannot be sold and it expires after 24h.

Onka
You commune with the spirit of the great Battle Dancer Iron Fist, a legendary warrior from the Jade Empire to whom you are connected by blood. Iron Fist lived a long time ago, when Battledancing was a recognized martial discipline and the best warriors of the empire learned the Dance. Iron Fist was the best of them. To commune with him you must dance the traditional dance of steel wheel, a ritual that takes 10 minutes and requires full concentration.
DC 25
Sign: your hands look as if made of iron. It does not have any practical effect.
Influence: If you make a bad pact, you become cocky and defiant. You have a bad time avoiding violent solutions to situation and getting out of fights. If you flee a fight, you have a -2 penalty to AC and attacks for 1 hour.
Benefits:
Dance of death: Once per encounter you may move your speed and make a single attack against any creature you move past, provoking attacks of opportunity normally. When you use your dance of death, you forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities (such as the Cleave feat or the haste spell), and you cannot attack any single creature more than once.

Skill Focus: Tumble

Sharpness of the deadly beauty: once per encounter you move so smoothly and precisely that your weapon and fists strike through. For a number of rounds equal to your Cha bonus, you add your charisma to your damage. This is considered precision damage adn does not get multiplied by feats based in power attack (like leap attack).

Leylek
Your people mastered the steppes with extreme hardniness and relentless resilience.You have the Steely Resolve (EX) class feature of a Crusader of your character level and once per day if you fail a Fort or Will save you can delay the effects by a number of rounds equal to your constitution bonus.

Shiernein
Your ancestral Daisho are atually Legendary Weapons: Kamate (Katana version) and Eventide Edge (Wakisashi version, normal steel not mithril). You are considered to have the first tier of benefits without any penalties. But if you want to continue improving them, you must do the rituals and pay the price.

Ahalya
This is straight forward. Your wolf gains the benefit of both animal companion and familiar (these don't stack, only pick the best)

Luccan
2023-03-18, 04:18 PM
Hayato will speak in dark blue, if that's readable

Edit: am I good to move around a couple skill points before the game starts still? I haven't read the other boons, but I love mine

Auranghzeb
2023-03-19, 03:12 AM
IC Thread here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655026-The-End-of-an-Era-Part-1&p=25736332#post25736332)

As told, don't expect anything super original. Picture the village as the one in Your Name, spread on the hilly edges of a large lagoon connected to the open sea. The high temple and the citadel are on the eastern hill, facing sunset.

Cygnia
2023-03-19, 08:24 AM
I look forward to having Raksha deliver the Cold Wet Nose of Healing if/when needed! :smallbiggrin:

Metastachydium
2023-03-19, 11:18 AM
Thanks for having my bird, not to mention his brand new boon! I like it. (And the other birdy also got in! Good news all around.) I think I'll take a good, steely gray for Leylek's grumblings.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-19, 11:31 AM
Hayato will speak in dark blue, if that's readable

Edit: am I good to move around a couple skill points before the game starts still? I haven't read the other boons, but I love mine

Yes, feel free to move skill points around.

Alhallor
2023-03-21, 04:14 AM
I do like the binding idea, that sounds just neat.

Onka will speak in this color if it doesn't stab in anyone's eyeballs.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-22, 02:58 PM
Waiting for Duskblade to post, as soon as they do, I'll post.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-23, 07:37 PM
just realizing I wrote Duskblade and I meant Dusk Raven. If they don't report today I'll move the story along, I just wanted to give everyone a chance for a first post

Dusk Raven
2023-03-23, 10:42 PM
I apologize, the GitP forums have been out of sight, out of mind for a few days. I'm a bit busy this evening, but I can try to reply tomorrow. Alternatively, I probably won't have much to say anyway, so if you want to move things along.

Additionally, the anthropomorphic crow of the group will speak in bolded Black, if that's all right.

Metastachydium
2023-03-25, 06:45 AM
And the first natural 1 and 2 are rolled!

Auranghzeb
2023-03-25, 10:23 AM
Better get them out of your system early in the game! But yes, you won't see or know much with those rolls.

1. Lucan, I'd need some gather info or knowledge local rolls from you.

2. Knowledge Religion from Ahalya (i will spell it wrong a couple of times, apologies in advance)

3. Perception checks from Onka and Sheirnein

I also need those binding checks for Hayato and Onka if they bond their ancestors today.

A note on style. I enjoy developing the lore and the backgrounds as the game moves. If you feel like you need me to drop a "Michael Cane on a Nolan movie" character to drop some plot exposition, let me know.

Cygnia
2023-03-25, 12:26 PM
For our ninja... :smalltongue:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/what-did-ninjas-eat?utm_medium=gastro-page&utm_source=facebook

Luccan
2023-03-25, 10:11 PM
Better get them out of your system early in the game! But yes, you won't see or know much with those rolls.

1. Lucan, I'd need some gather info or knowledge local rolls from you.

2. Knowledge Religion from Ahalya (i will spell it wrong a couple of times, apologies in advance)

3. Perception checks from Onka and Sheirnein

I also need those binding checks for Hayato and Onka if they bond their ancestors today.

A note on style. I enjoy developing the lore and the backgrounds as the game moves. If you feel like you need me to drop a "Michael Cane on a Nolan movie" character to drop some plot exposition, let me know.

I'll get my rolls up asap

For our ninja... :smalltongue:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/what-did-ninjas-eat?utm_medium=gastro-page&utm_source=facebook

Ha!

Alhallor
2023-03-28, 05:01 AM
No ancestor binding for today, Onka likes his ancestor but he doesn't want to look older than he actually is today.

Metastachydium
2023-03-28, 10:24 AM
(You made a big mistake there, bringing up that brother! Now I'll have to resist the temptation to add new details to a place the campaign will never go anywhere near each turn! (Also, do tell if something doesn't fit with your world and I'll cut it back.))

Auranghzeb
2023-03-28, 10:30 AM
Nah, it's fine, I have always liked your writing since we were on that All monsters adventure that diluted away, Yrkoon and your awakened crocodile were a good team. I feel everyone is fine with the pace and tone so far, I'll take feedback.

Metastachydium
2023-03-28, 10:36 AM
Nah, it's fine, I have always liked your writing since we were on that All monsters adventure that diluted away, Yrkoon and your awakened crocodile were a good team.

That was a good game and a good team indeed (friendly neighbourhood creepy evil yuan-ti for the win!). Pity you missed out on that last fight before it really died where we absolutely slaughtered some four wizards with the power of spamming Dispel Magic. (And bludgeoning damage. And dragons.)

I feel everyone is fine with the pace and tone so far, I'll take feedback.

Yup. There's this leisurely, melancholy air to it so far. I like that.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-28, 11:00 AM
That was a good game and a good team indeed (friendly neighbourhood creepy evil yuan-ti for the win!). Pity you missed out on that last fight before it really died where we absolutely slaughtered some four wizards with the power of spamming Dispel Magic. (And bludgeoning damage. And dragons.)

Life got really crazy for me with a big promotion at work. I had to drop two games I was having a lot of fun with, and when I managed to settle, both games had gone askew.

Yup. There's this leisurely, melancholy air to it so far. I like that.

A Ninja game should be able to be played to the tune of something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6sh73APFE

Luccan
2023-03-28, 11:08 AM
Hayato didn't bind today either, since he's asking questions he doesn't want to risk his great grandmother's influence throwing him off. Also, pace seems good so far

Metastachydium
2023-03-28, 03:11 PM
Life got really crazy for me with a big promotion at work. I had to drop two games I was having a lot of fun with, and when I managed to settle, both games had gone askew.

I figured that much, yeah. But hey, promotions are usually nice!

A Ninja game should be able to be played to the tune of something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6sh73APFE

Most certainly!

Auranghzeb
2023-03-30, 12:34 PM
This "Prologue" is a bit sandboxy with the Party all split up, I'll advance this Day 1 to later in the Festival this evening, just allowing everyone the chance to post.

@Dusk Raven? do we still have you? Should I find a Samurai?

Luccan
2023-03-30, 07:48 PM
Hayato is gonna be on the look out for those ninja at the festival, not sure if you need me to roll perception for that yet

Auranghzeb
2023-04-01, 10:49 PM
I'm sending a PM to Dusk Raven, if they don't answer soon, I'll pm a few friends here who might be interested in running a Samurai (I really would like the 4th player to be a Samurai because of what I have been writing for this)

Dusk Raven
2023-04-03, 12:23 AM
Sorry, I've just been... super focused on other things to the exclusion of literally everything else in my life. I would say I've had a rough week, but I've really just been... kinda running on autopilot. An autopilot that has fallen out of the rhythm of checking GitP.

I'd like to continue with this, if possible. I just probably won't be able to post tonight, as it's late and I don't have the mental focus for it.

Metastachydium
2023-04-03, 08:09 AM
I'd like to continue with this, if possible.

Please do! My angry bird (or, currently, hungry bird) alone doesn't constitute a sufficient amount of birds in a game that can have more birds.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-03, 08:43 AM
Sorry, I've just been... super focused on other things to the exclusion of literally everything else in my life. I would say I've had a rough week, but I've really just been... kinda running on autopilot. An autopilot that has fallen out of the rhythm of checking GitP.

I'd like to continue with this, if possible. I just probably won't be able to post tonight, as it's late and I don't have the mental focus for it.

No worries, I have been there, I think everyone has been there. I'll handle the Samurai as an NPC until you feel less burdened.

Please do! My angry bird (or, currently, hungry bird) alone doesn't constitute a sufficient amount of birds in a game that can have more birds.

Also, this, the ornithologists in not-Rokugan need more birds.

Cygnia
2023-04-03, 10:09 AM
An invasion from not!Australia by the emu people!

Metastachydium
2023-04-03, 11:47 AM
Well, Leylek would probably make more sense as an emu (maybe a cassowary, even!).

Auranghzeb
2023-04-03, 02:42 PM
Leylek estimates the far end is about 2miles away, he should be able to reach it and be back in an hour of flying, with time to spare.

Luccan
2023-04-03, 05:25 PM
Also, this, the ornithologists in not-Rokugan need more birds.

Pseudokugan? Sudokugan?

Auranghzeb
2023-04-04, 06:58 AM
Sudokugan wins...

Metastachydium
2023-04-04, 07:57 AM
Leylek estimates the far end is about 2miles away, he should be able to reach it and be back in an hour of flying, with time to spare.

And fly he does, then!

Sudokugan wins...

Well, it is a numbers game, after a fashion.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-04, 10:33 AM
And fly he does, then!

I'll post tonight. Been a couple bad days at work.

Well, it is a numbers game, after a fashion.

Never met a player who actually enjoys in-game puzzles... Old DM's used to.

Cygnia
2023-04-04, 10:57 AM
Never met a player who actually enjoys in-game puzzles... Old DM's used to.

Depends on the hand out (and if the GM/module writer is too enamored of their own perceived cleverness).

Luccan
2023-04-04, 01:28 PM
I think the key is the DM needs to be prepared for unintended solutions and brute force

Auranghzeb
2023-04-04, 03:25 PM
Depends on the hand out (and if the GM/module writer is too enamored of their own perceived cleverness).

Agreed, I don’t consider myself particularly clever, so I avoid them(or make them intentionally obvious) but you’ll see.

I think the key is the DM needs to be prepared for unintended solutions and brute force

That’s DM 01

Auranghzeb
2023-04-05, 10:21 AM
I'll make a big update tonight, work has been crushing this week.

Metastachydium
2023-04-05, 10:27 AM
My sympathies & copy that!

Luccan
2023-04-05, 11:54 AM
All good. I'm trying to get rolling on my next post and update all my items into my character sheet

Auranghzeb
2023-04-06, 03:32 PM
I was **this** close of railroading the adventure a little bit, but let's respect the pace. There'll be a time for rushing.

Metastachydium
2023-04-08, 07:36 AM
Perception: [roll0] (nice picture, by the way).

Edit: At this point, I think Leylek might want to see an optometrist.

Metastachydium
2023-04-14, 07:37 AM
Did Leylek get explicit instructions on how to deal with/report suspicious things, or does he have full discretion?

Auranghzeb
2023-04-14, 07:45 AM
Very good question that I proceed to answer if I had thought of it from the beginning: approach, confirm, and then: either report or deal with if deemed necessary.

Alhallor
2023-04-18, 05:11 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Luccan
2023-04-20, 01:22 PM
I'll try to respond in the IC in the next couple days, work has picked up a lot, but should calm down by next week. As a quick question, do i even get AoO against a surprise Bullrush? I don't know it's coming with the explosions

Edit: Also no worries, Meta. I knew there was a risk of being seen as a foe when I climbed the roof

Auranghzeb
2023-04-20, 04:15 PM
If you have uncanny dodge/combat reflexes and a reach weapon, you can.

Work is hell for me this week too

Auranghzeb
2023-04-21, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the anticlimactic pause, I'm in the process of interviewing for a new job and also traveling, so it's been a mess of a week.

Alhallor
2023-04-24, 11:16 PM
My weekend has been messy enough to get infected with Corona, I can't really post currently (I'm already struggling with the usual household chores even without work) I give you all a heads up when I'm fit again.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-26, 08:17 AM
I'll give you an update on Saturday (traveling and working until May 2). Really sorry, It's just a bit messy.

Auranghzeb
2023-05-01, 10:15 AM
Hello, I hope I haven't lost your attention/interest. I finally settled back home. I'll re-start this in the next couple of days and I'll be able to post at least thrice a week.

Alhallor
2023-05-02, 04:09 AM
Hi guys, I'm back up and am ready again.

Take your time Auranghzeb, I'm still interested and want to see where this goes!

Metastachydium
2023-05-02, 09:13 AM
Same here! My birdy is ready to kick… Um, things!

Luccan
2023-05-02, 10:09 PM
All good! Don't believe I rolled initiative

[roll0]

Cygnia
2023-05-03, 09:38 AM
Ahalyā is ready to be useful!

Auranghzeb
2023-05-08, 08:46 AM
Posting now, i was going to make a map but if you wait until I have time for that, we'll never start.

Metastachydium
2023-05-08, 09:26 AM
Hm. Is it too late to also shout ANGRY CRANE FLYING KICK ATTACK!! as well?

Auranghzeb
2023-05-08, 11:50 AM
Has it ever been to late for that?

Metastachydium
2023-05-14, 12:13 PM
Dexterity: [roll0]

(Is this the end of turn?)

Auranghzeb
2023-05-15, 06:15 AM
Yes it is, turn 2 now.

Metastachydium
2023-05-15, 09:08 AM
Good. Good. ANGRY CRANE WHIRLING FLURRY ATTACK, then!

Metastachydium
2023-05-18, 05:37 AM
Fort against the maneuver: [roll0]

Metastachydium
2023-05-18, 05:40 AM
Hah! No miss chance!

Edit: But now I'm hoping the ninja was more than 5' away. There's no way that 12 hit otherwise.

Auranghzeb
2023-05-18, 08:48 AM
I'll try to provide a map that does not screw the theatre of the mind. but roughly every ninja is 15' apart from each other.

Cygnia
2023-05-18, 10:14 AM
Oh yes, a map would be quite helpful to figure out where I can have my monkey send her lion to do the most help!

Alhallor
2023-05-19, 02:34 AM
Dexterity check: [roll0] against 14

Fort against Constitution draining: [roll1] against 15

Looks like I was decharged! Do I fly from the roof?

Auranghzeb
2023-05-23, 09:29 AM
No, but your kicks miss.

You get attacked and then is your turn again.

I got a message from Duskraven, they may join the group. But I haven't heard from Luccan in a while.

Sorry this game has been spotty. I don't have much energy during the week lately, and TBH I have been blessed with TWO IRL DND campaigns the past two weekends.

Cygnia
2023-05-23, 09:32 AM
More than fair...I just really need to figure out where my PC is in relation to everything.

Auranghzeb
2023-05-23, 09:34 AM
You are about 40 feet away from Genji, and 30' away from the temple plaza.

Alhallor
2023-05-23, 10:02 AM
Thanks, that gives me enough to work with.

Auranghzeb
2023-05-25, 12:33 PM
Should we recruit two more players? We are missing a Ninja and a Samurai (kind of the spirit of what i planned as campaign)...

Cygnia
2023-05-25, 01:53 PM
Might be a good idea (sorry for my slowness in posting btw).

Metastachydium
2023-05-25, 02:04 PM
Oh, come on! A 5 and a 1? Really?

Should we recruit two more players? We are missing a Ninja and a Samurai (kind of the spirit of what i planned as campaign)...

I thought Dusk Raven was going to return or something? At any rate, you have full discretion in the matter, so far as I'm concerned.

Alhallor
2023-05-26, 03:03 AM
@Meta: You're misfortune is uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post

I'd say probably yes.

I mean we could do this as 3 players I think, but having some real Ninja's and Samurai does give it more legitimacy somehow.

Would be good if we could search for players while we still do the battle, I guess there comes a scene where It'd be easier to bring more people in instead of in the middle of battlefield chaos?

Cygnia
2023-05-26, 08:53 AM
I hope Luccan didn't ghost because Meta attacked him...:smalleek:

Metastachydium
2023-05-26, 09:24 AM
If that's the case, Luccan: let me apologise once again, and more profusely for that! I know you wanted to have this game, and I absolutely didn't want to take it away from you. I'd offer Hayato a free shot at pushing Leylek off of a roof, but he can fly; if there's any other way I can make up for the incident, please do tell!

Auranghzeb
2023-05-26, 10:32 AM
I think that was perfectly logical. Not PvP or anything like that.

I'll ping Luccan and Dusk today.

I also reached out to BelGareth. He’ll likely join the game.

Auranghzeb
2023-05-29, 07:21 AM
Moving this forward tonight (bunch of work) and Bel's character will be one of the Samurais fighting alongside Genji's samurai on the street.

BelGareth
2023-05-29, 12:42 PM
Hey all, i am BelGareth, think I've played with most of you before.

Metastachydium
2023-05-29, 02:07 PM
Moving this forward tonight (bunch of work) and Bel's character will be one of the Samurais fighting alongside Genji's samurai on the street.

Roger-roger!

Hey all, i am BelGareth, think I've played with most of you before.

Me being the rest of; I think I applied for one of your games with something stupid once or twice, though. Anyhow: hey!

Cygnia
2023-05-29, 02:43 PM
Heya Bel! *waves*

Alhallor
2023-05-30, 04:43 AM
Hi Bel!

Though I think I'm also one of the rest, I may have applied to one or two of your games, though.

BelGareth
2023-06-02, 05:55 PM
Attack 1 is a potential crit, crit confirm is 18 (in the spoiler labeled 'crits')

That would be a nice opening attack, :smallcool:

Metastachydium
2023-06-03, 07:00 AM
Only one 2 rolled now! I'll call that progress.

Cygnia
2023-06-05, 10:03 AM
Gonna make this particular Knowledge Devotion roll here so I don't mess up potential formatting in my IC post...

[roll0] (Know: Local + Collector of Stories)

Auranghzeb
2023-06-06, 03:19 PM
Posting today.

Also updating the boons to include Bel's

Bel created a Discord server for the game. I don't want to exclude anyone who doesn't use Discord though.

BelGareth
2023-06-06, 03:33 PM
Posting today.

Also updating the boons to include Bel's

Bel created a Discord server for the game. I don't want to exclude anyone who doesn't use Discord though.

yay! thanks!

Metastachydium
2023-06-07, 05:29 AM
The bird still has an opponent standing, right?

Cygnia
2023-06-10, 01:59 PM
As an FYI, I'll be away on vacation from June 21-25th. I'll have my phone, but formatting posts on it is a pain.

Auranghzeb
2023-06-11, 01:39 AM
It hasn't been the smoothest adventure so far, will provide maps for future encounters. Enjoy the vacay.

BelGareth
2023-06-12, 11:30 AM
guess i should roll healing [roll0], though im not sure how good it will do.

Alhallor
2023-06-20, 06:09 AM
Just thought I mention that I wouldn't be disappointed if we don't find any other attackers (or don't rescue some for the interrogation). Probably not easy to find clues on this attack.

BelGareth
2023-06-21, 05:50 PM
So no one wants the discord server?

I'll remove the game specific channels if no.

Auranghzeb
2023-06-22, 09:59 AM
Hi, I told Bel over Discord. Last Wednesday I quit my job amidst a large reduction of workforce and forced reductions of salaries, which I was not going to take, and I have been adjusting to "vacay"/aggressive interviews for other positions. I didn't want to log on the forums because the temptation of procrastination was too much. But now I'm getting used to a new routine and organizing some freelance work while I land something more permanent. So, all this to tell you I'll be posting again these days and I understand if any of you dropped out.

BelGareth
2023-06-22, 10:00 AM
Hi, I told Bel over Discord. Last Wednesday I quit my job amidst a large reduction of workforce and forced reductions of salaries, which I was not going to take, and I have been adjusting to "vacay"/aggressive interviews for other positions. I didn't want to log on the forums because the temptation of procrastination was too much. But now I'm getting used to a new routine and organizing some freelance work while I land something more permanent. So, all this to tell you I'll be posting again these days and I understand if any of you dropped out.

Sounds good, hope everything is calming down for you.

Alhallor
2023-06-22, 10:02 AM

I'd still be there, hope you're new routine is going to work out for you.

@Bel: I'll take one Discord.

BelGareth
2023-06-22, 10:11 AM
I'd still be there, hope you're new routine is going to work out for you.

@Bel: I'll take one Discord.

Link is in my sig, when you join i can add you to the group for the game.

Metastachydium
2023-06-22, 10:32 AM
So no one wants the discord server?

I'll remove the game specific channels if no.

Huh. I totally forgot we have one of those. I think I'm already on your server, so you might as well put me in there too.

Last Wednesday I quit my job amidst a large reduction of workforce and forced reductions of salaries, which I was not going to take,

Yeah, **** that! I fully endorse your decision, for whatever that's worth!

and I have been adjusting to "vacay"/aggressive interviews for other positions. I didn't want to log on the forums because the temptation of procrastination was too much. But now I'm getting used to a new routine and organizing some freelance work while I land something more permanent.

Good to hear and have luck with the hunt!

So, all this to tell you I'll be posting again these days and I understand if any of you dropped out.

No worries! The bird stays in the picture.

Metastachydium
2023-06-28, 03:58 PM
In a moment quite inopportune, perhaps, but

AN EARLY WARNING:

I'll be away for the first three days of July, and might be quite sparse the following week, especially around the 6th and 7th.
I apologize well in advance for any inconvenience or slowdown this might cause.

Cygnia
2023-07-11, 09:51 AM
Any of y'all have any requests or suggestions for what spells you'd like Ahalyā to meditate for? She can spontaneous cast to cure spells if that's a concern.

BelGareth
2023-07-11, 10:11 AM
Any of y'all have any requests or suggestions for what spells you'd like Ahalyā to meditate for? She can spontaneous cast to cure spells if that's a concern.

Aid is cool, all the stat buff spells would be great as no one has a stat boosting item (bull strength etc), as well as prayer.

Cygnia
2023-07-12, 07:23 PM
Spells for today...

LVL 0
Detect Magic -- 2
Guidance -- 3

LVL 1
DOMAIN (Nature): Trance -- 1
Protection From Evil -- 2
Speak With Animals -- 1
Shield of Faith -- 2

LVL 2
DOMAIN (Knowledge): Detect Thoughts -- 1
Commune With Lesser Spirits -- 1
Ancestral Vengeance -- 1
Bull's Strength -- 1

LVL 3
DOMAIN (Knowledge): Clairvoyance/Clairaudience -- 1
Mass Aid -- 1
Dispel Magic -- 1

Cygnia
2023-07-18, 08:13 AM
Though it ain't much, Raksha could Aid Another with the survival check since she has Scent.

Orrrr (as a possibility), go into Trance and then Commune with Lesser Spirit to see which way maybe they went. The drawback is time.

Metastachydium
2023-07-18, 03:03 PM
Though it ain't much, Raksha could Aid Another with the survival check since she has Scent.

Looks like that won't be neccessary now, but I'll appreciate that, going forward!

Orrrr (as a possibility), go into Trance and then Commune with Lesser Spirit to see which way maybe they went. The drawback is time.

Wild contingency plans! [Ominously.] I have some myself.

Metastachydium
2023-07-26, 09:37 AM
Let's see a Will save: [roll0] (incl. +1 from Aid and +2 from Still Mind)

Cygnia
2023-07-26, 09:41 AM
Ahalyā's Will save [roll0] (w/Aid)
Raksha's Will save [roll1] (w/Aid)

Cygnia
2023-09-29, 08:56 AM
Since Discord is down, is Ahalya picking up anything on her Spirit Sight?