PDA

View Full Version : Player Help PMC Condition resistances/immunities

MercCpt
2023-03-18, 03:32 PM
Hi as the title says above I'm trying to build a character with either immunities or resistances to conditions I am trying to do it WITHOUT using items or temporary boosts.

Poison is obvious and easy so please skip it.

solidork
2023-03-18, 04:24 PM
It's a boring answer, but straight Devotion Paladin gets you immunity to Fear and Charm and your +Cha to saves makes it so its hard to land anything else on you. Blind Fighting lets you function a little while Blinded. And you say not to count spells, but eventually having access to Freedom of Movement has to count for something - I'm having trouble thinking of ways to permanently be immune to Paralysis/Restrained that are from a class/race.

Stout Halfling Archfey Warlock also seems like it could be fun and functional - poisoned, frightened, charmed on all the time and some access to Freedom of Movement. Your resilience come online a lot earlier than you'd get with the Paladin build.

herrhauptmann
2023-03-18, 09:00 PM
immune to Paralysis/Restrained that are from a class/race.

While it's not paralysis/restrained, getting reach as a melee character can keep you useful even if you're unable to move. Reach weapons of course, but also the bugbear race. On their turn they have 10ft reach, but only 5ft reach when it's not their turn. Adding a reach weapon should make that 20/10.

Mastikator
2023-03-18, 09:03 PM
Not being a humanoid helps against certain spells, so fairy/centaur/satyr are options

Dr.Samurai
2023-03-18, 09:19 PM
At level 14, Spore Druid gets:

Fungal Body - At 14th level, the fungal spores in your body alter you: you can't be blinded, deafened, frightened, or poisoned, and any critical hit against you counts as a normal hit instead, unless you're incapacitated.