PDA

View Full Version : Windstorm Domain

YellowJohn
2023-03-19, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know the original source of the Windstorm Domain?

I can only find it cited from the Spell Compendium, but I was under the impression that didn't include original material, so presumably it exists somewhere else :smallconfused:

Tzardok
2023-03-19, 03:50 PM
It's in Complete Divine.

YellowJohn
2023-03-19, 05:55 PM
Not that I can see; last domain in CD is Weather. Don't seem to be any domains in the Web Enhancement either.

Also not in Complete Champion, Races of the Dragon, Dragon Magic, Draconomicon. Why all the Dragon books? I've seen it linked to Bahamut - but with no citation.

Any other ideas? Or am I just really blind?

Biggus
2023-03-19, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know the original source of the Windstorm Domain?

I can only find it cited from the Spell Compendium, but I was under the impression that didn't include original material, so presumably it exists somewhere else :smallconfused:

I think the SpC does contain a small amount of original material. A few spells don't appear anywhere else as far as I know, Tsunami for example.

Maat Mons
2023-03-19, 10:44 PM
If you ask me, the Windstorm domain looks suspiciously similar to the Weather domain from Complete Divine. It's mostly a copy/paste. Binding Winds is moved down to 2nd level, in keeping with the updated that spell got in the same book. Gust of Wind gets bumped out. And Arc of Lightning fills the newly-vacated 5th-level spot. There are more differences between the versions of the Weather domain in Complete Divine and Eberron Campaign setting than between the Windstorm domain and the Complete Divine version of the Weather domain.

YellowJohn
2023-03-20, 01:46 AM
So CDiv Weather was unofficially renamed Windstorm to remove the clash between weather domains.
Makes sense. Wish they'd made it an official re-name. Thanks.