PDA

View Full Version : Crystal of Arrow Deflection

Yogibear41
2023-03-19, 06:00 PM
A least and Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection attached to your shield, should also provide its increased AC vs Ranged touch attacks in addition to normal ranged attacks correct?

Looking for ways to up my Touch AC(especially against magic) this crystal looks like a pretty cheap way to do it.

pabelfly
2023-03-19, 06:06 PM
A least and Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection attached to your shield, should also provide its increased AC vs Ranged touch attacks in addition to normal ranged attacks correct?

Looking for ways to up my Touch AC(especially against magic) this crystal looks like a pretty cheap way to do it.

If you're a heavy armor user, you should check out the Ghost Ward Enchant.

Biggus
2023-03-19, 08:44 PM

It says ranged weapon attacks at the start of the rules text, I don't think touch attacks count as a weapon.

Doctor Despair
2023-03-19, 09:12 PM
It says ranged weapon attacks at the start of the rules text, I don't think touch attacks count as a weapon.

Spells that make ranged touch attacks are weaponlike though, right?

Khedrac
2023-03-20, 08:06 AM
Whilst the overall description is that the crystals protect against ranged weapon attacks, the actual effect of each crystal is to provide an AC bonus against "ranged attacks" (of which ranged weapon attacks is a sub-set). This bonus absolutely applies against ranged touch attacks - they are also ranged attacks.

the_tick_rules
2023-03-20, 11:06 AM
Whilst the overall description is that the crystals protect against ranged weapon attacks, the actual effect of each crystal is to provide an AC bonus against "ranged attacks" (of which ranged weapon attacks is a sub-set). This bonus absolutely applies against ranged touch attacks - they are also ranged attacks.

That's actually a good point. Now I don't know.

Troacctid
2023-03-20, 02:26 PM
It applies against all ranged attacks, which includes ranged weapon attacks. The description says as much.