PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War mounted charges question

Railak
2023-03-21, 12:50 AM
If I use a maneuver that is a charge action, like Bronze Lancet Charge whole mounted and have ride by attack, does ride by attack function?

It talks a lot about how charge attacks while mounted don't gain extra damage and other things, but I don't see a clear answer one way or the other to this question. Course I only just started looking into this all today, so I'm hoping there's people who understand this stuff better that can just give me the answer.

Powerdork
2023-03-21, 04:40 AM
This is less a remark on Path of War and more a remark on the core rules. It's useful in this moment to distinguish between charging and "the charge action", the same way Vital Strike requires you to draw a distinction between attacking and "the attack action" (a standard action which lets you make a single basic attack). When you initiate a maneuver that calls for you to make an attack, that doesn't mean you get to apply everything that applies to the attack action (such as Vital Strike), and in the same way, every time you charge, that is not necessarily the charge action (a specific full-round action, also distinct from the special full-round action from the Martial Charge feat, for example).