PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Prestige class help with specific build for dnd 3.5

FriendlySlayer
2023-03-21, 10:23 AM
Long long time lurker, first time poster.

So for background, his character was originally meant to play in Pathfinder as a slayer/alchemist class( and still will). However, joining my friends Saturday game I originally set out to try and re-create it to no avail. What are eventually came up with is this “Thane” Build, based off of the fighter variant thane.

Originally I was going to do Fighter 4/Mariner 1/ Ranger 1/ Warblade 1/Sworn Slayer 5/ and bloodstorm blade 8. BSB for fun. Urban ranger variant with rival organization. The goal was to make a character that is devoted to the Lord and will die for them, but also Hunt their enemies. So now I’m wondering if I should swap warblade for crusader and swap bloodstorm blade for something more fitting.

And that’s basically where me asking for help comes in. everything is available to use as long as it’s 3.5 but we tend to stay away from forgotten realms like things. I’m trying to stay away from anything spellcaster related. Doesn't need to be the most optimized

Current Character for point of reference:
Tiefling (We Got rid of Darkness for LA 0)
Level 4
Str: 17
Dex:16
Con:18
Int: 16
Wis:11
Cha: 6

Stats are for preference rather than optimization. Thank you guys I look forward to seeing the suggestions!

Troacctid
2023-03-21, 01:46 PM
If you're level 20, then I think your better bet is to just take more levels of warblade and eschew the prestige class entirely. Throwing weapons is flashy, but you'll probably get more mileage out of simply having more maneuvers (and the other class features that come with warblade levels).

Honestly, you can probably simplify the build a lot and just have a few fighter levels, maybe 1 or 2 levels of ranger for flavor, and then straight warblade for the rest. It depends what bonus feats you're trying to get. Really, though, when you're this high level, do you even need bonus feats? You probably have enough level-up feats to take everything you wanted even if you go Warblade 20.

FriendlySlayer
2023-03-21, 02:42 PM
If you're level 20, then I think your better bet is to just take more levels of warblade and eschew the prestige class entirely. Throwing weapons is flashy, but you'll probably get more mileage out of simply having more maneuvers (and the other class features that come with warblade levels).

Honestly, you can probably simplify the build a lot and just have a few fighter levels, maybe 1 or 2 levels of ranger for flavor, and then straight warblade for the rest. It depends what bonus feats you're trying to get. Really, though, when you're this high level, do you even need bonus feats? You probably have enough level-up feats to take everything you wanted even if you go Warblade 20.

so not level 20 yet but we are doing a game that stops at level 20 with rapid progression. That said the initial idea was warblade 8 (or crusader because devotion flavor fits maybe) fighter 2, ranger 1, mariner 1 (free feat) steel legion 3 sworn slayer 5.

But i get what you're saying so skip on the prestige classes?