PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Righteous OOC

paradox26
2023-03-23, 04:01 AM
Here is the OOC thread for the Wrath of the Righteous game. Please introduce yourselves and pick a colour. I will be using Medium Green for NPCs.

Here is the link to the Recruitment thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?654639-Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-(seeking-DM)

And here is the link to the IC thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655121-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-IC&p=25739582#post25739582

Kaouse
2023-03-23, 07:14 AM
Fouchland Richards, the Dawnbringer (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2765874) will speak in Orange.

Team Buffs:
--> Mythic Endure Elements (24 hrs)
--> Death Warden's Bandolier (24 hrs)

If I remember any more long term buffs, I'll edit them into this post.

I also have Create Food and Water, so we don't have to worry about food.

DrK
2023-03-23, 08:27 AM
Lady Rosalyn "The Eternal Crusader" (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2765683)

She will speak in Bold, mainly as posting the colours from my phone is challenging. And hello all, Exciting to be in the game.

samduke
2023-03-23, 08:47 AM
Lei Korosuga (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2735262)will speak in Blue

Ashley (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2820444) will speak in Bold Dark green

QuantumFlash
2023-03-23, 08:55 AM
Bill Elenath (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2765698) will speak in teal.

flat_footed
2023-03-23, 08:59 AM
Congrats everyone! :smallbiggrin:

Hiigara (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2770633) will speak in red.

QuantumFlash
2023-03-23, 09:09 AM
Just looking at the introductory posts so far and just noting, Queen Galfrey is anything but young, she's over a hundred and only looks young due to sun orchid elixirs which restore youth. A minor point but worth noting since that means she's been leading the crusades since the first.

DrK
2023-03-23, 09:27 AM
Just looking at the introductory posts so far and just noting, Queen Galfrey is anything but young, she's over a hundred and only looks young due to sun orchid elixirs which restore youth. A minor point but worth noting since that means she's been leading the crusades since the first.

For Rosalyn the young is a relative term :smallsmile:

QuantumFlash
2023-03-23, 09:44 AM
True, though even besides Galfrey being over a hundred, I tend to call someone young or old according to their race, not outside perspectives. An 80 year old human is old, even if to an elf or dragon that would be barely sufficient to be called an adult if that.

Kaouse
2023-03-23, 03:30 PM
Question.

Aura of Heroism, from the Heroism subdomain of the Glory Domain, allows me to affect allies within range with Heroism.

Thanks to Mythic Spell Lore, I can cast Mythic Heroism in place of regular Heroism.

Ergo, can I use Aura of Heroism to affect allies in range with Mythic Heroism?

For reference, here's the ability in question:

Aura of Heroism (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of heroism for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. Using this ability is a swift action. Allies in the area are treated as if they were under the effects of heroism. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

flat_footed
2023-03-23, 03:53 PM
Let me know if you guys have any questions about Hiigara. He'd likely be most comfortable with Lady Rosalyn, initially due to them both being Aasimar, and then due to shared stories of loss (if earlier conversations would have strayed that way). Second would be Fouchland Richards, due to his strong moral compass, and the fighting shield amuses Hiigara more than he admits. Just based on where skill checks are, these two may be the face(s) of the party.

And of course these are just my initial impressions, feel free to correct me anywhere I make a wrong assumption. :smalltongue:

paradox26
2023-03-25, 07:16 AM
Question.

Aura of Heroism, from the Heroism subdomain of the Glory Domain, allows me to affect allies within range with Heroism.

Thanks to Mythic Spell Lore, I can cast Mythic Heroism in place of regular Heroism.

Ergo, can I use Aura of Heroism to affect allies in range with Mythic Heroism?

For reference, here's the ability in question:

I will say no to that. The Mythic Heroism only applies to the spell, not an aura that duplicates the spell.

DrK
2023-03-25, 08:29 AM
Let me know if you guys have any questions about Hiigara. He'd likely be most comfortable with Lady Rosalyn, initially due to them both being Aasimar, and then due to shared stories of loss (if earlier conversations would have strayed that way). Second would be Fouchland Richards, due to his strong moral compass, and the fighting shield amuses Hiigara more than he admits. Just based on where skill checks are, these two may be the face(s) of the party.

And of course these are just my initial impressions, feel free to correct me anywhere I make a wrong assumption. :smalltongue:

I like Hiigara. Can see Rosalyn feeling protective towards him as he’s an orphan and she’d try and mother him. With the likes of Fouchland it’s just a fellow crusader of holy power so would have been a decent level of respect there

Kaouse
2023-03-27, 12:41 AM
I will say no to that. The Mythic Heroism only applies to the spell, not an aura that duplicates the spell.

That's fine. I'm replacing it with Mythic Surmount Affliction, then. Seems like a useful spell.

Kaouse
2023-03-27, 10:43 AM
Also, just a heads up, but Mythic Endure Elements is a bit stronger than regular Endure Elements. For one, it grants you fire resistance 5 and cold resistance 5 for the entire 24 hour duration. It also allows you to ignore the slowing effects of snow, as well as negates the penalties on ranged attacks + Perception checks caused by inclimate weather. Lastly, you treat the strength of wind as 1 step less severe.

Also, I don't have Wind Walk prepared, but I can cast it with Inspired Spell if need be. That said, I am already spending 1 mythic power on the Death Warden's Bandolier, so I don't suppose Bill has a spell that could aid in fast travel here?

QuantumFlash
2023-03-27, 11:49 PM
I can teleport as stated, and I'm assuming that since Bill's been wandering the wound pretty much from the start, he probably has at least seen most of it once, if not better, and so can try to take them some place sorta close to the Fane.

Kaouse
2023-03-28, 10:27 AM
I can teleport as stated, and I'm assuming that since Bill's been wandering the wound pretty much from the start, he probably has at least seen most of it once, if not better, and so can try to take them some place sorta close to the Fane.

Okay, so is the plan Teleport to Drezden and then Wind Walk the rest of the way there? Or do you have a better transport spell in mind than Wind Walk?

I will say that part of the benefit of Wind Walk (aside from it's long duration) is the fact that as long we wear all white, we have an 80% chance to not get noticed, as everything should see us as just another cloud.

But if you have a better transport spell, I'm all for it.

DrK
2023-03-28, 12:54 PM
I’d maybe suggest teleport to 20-30 miles away then wind walk the last bit to keep things fast?

Rosalyn had no group buffs beyond some passive auras. Does anyone else have group buffs before the team hit the road to the Fane?

flat_footed
2023-03-28, 03:43 PM
Just some teamwork feats I can share with all of us, but I'll cast Shared Training once we're closer.

It looks like Bill and I are the only ones with access to Invisibility?

Kaouse
2023-03-28, 04:01 PM
I’d maybe suggest teleport to 20-30 miles away then wind walk the last bit to keep things fast?

Rosalyn had no group buffs beyond some passive auras. Does anyone else have group buffs before the team hit the road to the Fane?

Depends on how far the anti-teleportation range is, but you're right, let's keep things fast and just assume that we teleport as close as we possibly can without tripping any countermeasures or enemy scouts.

Then we can Wind Walk the rest of the way there. If it's only 30 miles away, that's only about 30 minutes of travel. The spell lasts 1 hour/level, which is 12 hours at this level. We can shift between Wind form and normal form at will, however, the shift takes 5 rounds to accomplish, and while in Wind form it's the same as gaseous form, so... definitely not great for combat. But it should easily cover any out-of-combat flying needs for the entire party, and for pretty much the entire day at that.

Just some teamwork feats I can share with all of us, but I'll cast Shared Training once we're closer.

It looks like Bill and I are the only ones with access to Invisibility?

Assuming none of us are size Large or larger, a single casting of Invisibility Sphere is probably more than adequate. Of course, this assumes that we need invisibility, but that's up to Bill.

QuantumFlash
2023-03-29, 03:36 PM
I've got Wild Arcana, so I can cast just about anything needed that I'm high enough level for, just will use some mythic power.

paradox26
2023-03-30, 06:33 AM
Just a heads up that my posting will be only every second day or so much of the time. A friend of mine has terminal cancer and is in hospital, so my partner and I are there every second day. It won't stop me posting, but it will slow it down a little. And I am not the quickest of posters even at the best of times. The game won't be going anywhere, but I just wanted to warn you all not to expect daily posts.

DrK
2023-03-30, 07:04 AM
Just a heads up that my posting will be only every second day or so much of the time. A friend of mine has terminal cancer and is in hospital, so my partner and I are there every second day. It won't stop me posting, but it will slow it down a little. And I am not the quickest of posters even at the best of times. The game won't be going anywhere, but I just wanted to warn you all not to expect daily posts.

Really sorry to hear that. That must be tough
Thanks for the heads up on the posting side of things

Kaouse
2023-03-30, 10:58 AM
I've got Wild Arcana, so I can cast just about anything needed that I'm high enough level for, just will use some mythic power.

As far as I see it, It's up to you to end the deliberation and teleport us as close as you see fit. 30 miles is probably fine.

That is... unfortunate. But we understand. Thank you for giving us the heads up.

samduke
2023-03-30, 11:03 AM
does anyone have any form of scrying?- any divination style magic to check the area? if the previous bunch sent were trying to get close to the portal then the portal could be a factor, and yet teleportation as a whole could just be fatal no mater how far away we might try to target?

Kaouse
2023-03-30, 11:58 AM
If you want, I could cast Commune to determine a decent distance we can teleport from?

flat_footed
2023-03-30, 05:06 PM

Absolutely understandable, I'm sure your friend appreciates every moment.

samduke
2023-04-02, 06:05 AM
If you want, I could cast Commune to determine a decent distance we can teleport from?

it probably would not hurt to if at the very least know what is in the area, even if we need to "Travel" there

flat_footed
2023-04-03, 02:33 AM

it probably would not hurt to if at the very least know what is in the area, even if we need to "Travel" there

Yeah, good call, especially if we're left to our own resources for intel.

paradox26
2023-04-06, 03:29 AM
I must submit my apologies for not having been online in a few days. I have been visiting a terminally ill friend in hospital every second day in my free time. And in between those days, I have been helping a friend do an online course that has taken him many hours longer than it took me when I did the same course. But he has been using my computer to do it as he doesn't have one himself, and so I haven't been able to access my computer.

I am updating the posts now.

samduke
2023-04-06, 09:30 PM
i am suffering with a nasty kidney stone and so my post rate is going to be very little for a bit

GM just play me until I return

Kaouse
2023-04-08, 06:48 PM
Should we send out a notification or something? It's a bit early to completely give up on this game, IMHO.

flat_footed
2023-04-08, 06:52 PM
Should we send out a notification or something? It's a bit early to completely give up on this game, IMHO.

It's a holiday weekend, waiting an extra day or two for posts seems pretty normal. I should be getting mine up later today and then may not be available much tomorrow.

DrK
2023-04-09, 12:05 AM
I think we could just make an assumption we teleport to a location ~30 miles from the fane and then wind walk it in. If we are agreed that would allow Paradox to hand wave over that part

flat_footed
2023-04-09, 01:44 AM
I think we could just make an assumption we teleport to a location ~30 miles from the fane and then wind walk it in. If we are agreed that would allow Paradox to hand wave over that part

Hiigara doesn't have anything left to do, leaving right away would work.

paradox26
2023-04-09, 07:38 AM
I have been absent due to a combination of spending time at the hospital and the Easter break. It is well past my usual bedtime now, so I will have to put up a post tomorrow. Sorry this game is going a bit slow, but I didn't anticipate my friend getting sick. I will try to make a point of updating in the afternoons, before I go to the hospital, to get some more regular posts going.

flat_footed
2023-04-11, 02:44 AM
I have been absent due to a combination of spending time at the hospital and the Easter break. It is well past my usual bedtime now, so I will have to put up a post tomorrow. Sorry this game is going a bit slow, but I didn't anticipate my friend getting sick. I will try to make a point of updating in the afternoons, before I go to the hospital, to get some more regular posts going.

No worries Paradox, definitely understandable having to take care of your friends and RL obligations.

samduke
2023-04-13, 11:18 AM
Suddenly, as most of the party are walking openly, the statue comes to animated life. It steps down and approaches the party. You identify it as likely being some sort of a golem, but you will need to take a closer look to be sure of what kind exactly.It speaks up, its voice dripping with evil intent. "Behold the glory of our Lord of the Locust Host," it pronounces. This is strange, you realise, because normally golems can;t talk. It approaches the party, then comes to a halt before you.

Spoiler: OOC reactions
Initiatives please, should you choose to attack it. Otherwise, roll as you see fit according to your intentions.

Well I guess a couple of checks before deciding if combat is a thing to do.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Stealth [roll2]
Acrobatics [roll3]

DrK
2023-04-13, 03:17 PM
Rosalyn will definitely attack it
Initiative [roll0]

Do we wait before posting on IC and go in strict order or use group initiative

flat_footed
2023-04-14, 02:22 AM
[roll0]

Hiigara will join in, seeing Rosalyn attacking. Will wait for his turn in combat to post IC.

paradox26
2023-04-15, 04:23 AM
You can roll initiatives individually, then act in whatever posting order you like, and I will sort out the results into actual initiative order.

[roll0]

DrK
2023-04-15, 05:16 AM
One crit threat and a lot of disappointing rolls
To confirm [roll0] extra dam [roll1]
If it counts as an evil outsider than all attacks are 2 higher and need 2d6+2 more damage
Her attacks are cold iron and magical currently

QuantumFlash
2023-04-16, 12:26 AM
Bill’s Initiative: [roll0]

flat_footed
2023-04-16, 04:23 AM
Crit Confirm for Att 2

[roll0]
[roll1]

DrK
2023-04-16, 04:50 AM
Solid confirmation there!

flat_footed
2023-04-16, 04:58 AM
Makes up for the two 3s! :smalltongue:

flat_footed
2023-04-18, 11:39 AM
@Kaouse

I think we may just be waiting on Fouchland's actions.

paradox26
2023-04-19, 02:38 AM
I will continue, as you guys have rolled enough damage between you to destroy it.

flat_footed
2023-04-19, 12:30 PM
[roll0]

Check to see if there's any deception or trap the Incubi are aware of.

Hiigara will be maintaining his invisibility for now.

Kaouse
2023-04-21, 09:25 PM
Thank you for continuing without me. I'd prefer that the show goes on with my character dazed than for the show to stop.

flat_footed
2023-04-21, 10:31 PM
Agreed, I'm still here as well. Hiigara is still going to make the most of his stealth for the moment but I can definitely put it in the IC.

DrK
2023-04-22, 12:19 AM
Rosalyn’s Sense motive for the incubi [roll0]

paradox26
2023-04-27, 04:24 AM
The incubi do not appear to be being deceitful, as best you can tell.

samduke
2023-04-27, 08:59 AM
OOC Actions
Can I please have Perception checks off everyone.

Perception: [roll0]

DrK
2023-04-27, 10:48 AM
Rosalyn's perception [roll0]

Thanks to Hiigara for the teamwork feats!

Kaouse
2023-04-27, 05:58 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Kaouse
2023-05-02, 06:06 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

samduke
2023-05-04, 02:17 AM
DC 15 Will save [roll0]

flat_footed
2023-05-05, 03:47 AM
It just had to be a 1 :smallyuk:

Making up the broken Monster Lore roll: [roll0]

paradox26
2023-05-06, 03:41 AM
flat_footed, that roll is high enough that you can have access to anything listed under the Lamia Matriarch entry on the SRD.

samduke
2023-05-06, 09:15 AM
Stance of Piercing Rays: +5d6 Fire failed to remember to roll in IC

[roll0]

DrK
2023-05-07, 05:46 AM
Correcting my roll for Initiative

[roll0]

DrK
2023-05-07, 05:57 AM
Stance of Piercing Rays: +5d6 Fire failed to remember to roll in IC

[roll0]

Out of curiosity, as I’m a ranged initiator in another game shouldn’t it be +2d6 on each shot with an IL of 10?

How did you manage to fire the gun and use the spell like ability in a single round? I didn’t think the legendary weapons were spellstrike like a magus?

Would not be a single Lightning arc as the spell of a full round from the revolver? Which would be 3 stacks, full, iterative, haste (plus rapid shot I guess)

Not meaning to interrogate was just trying to understand the turn with multiple swift and casting in it and it confused me

samduke
2023-05-07, 09:13 AM
Out of curiosity, as I’m a ranged initiator in another game shouldn’t it be +2d6 on each shot with an IL of 10?

How did you manage to fire the gun and use the spell like ability in a single round? I didn’t think the legendary weapons were spellstrike like a magus?

Would not be a single Lightning arc as the spell of a full round from the revolver? Which would be 3 stacks, full, iterative, haste (plus rapid shot I guess)

Not meaning to interrogate was just trying to understand the turn with multiple swift and casting in it and it confused me

Stance of piercing rays: it looks like I did that incorrect.

A Solar Wind disciple learns to cause his ammunition to pierce like the burning rays of the sun itself. While in this stance, the initiator’s ranged attacks inflict an additional 1d6 points of fire damage. This bonus damage increases by an additional 1d6 points of fire damage every eight initiator levels. This is a supernatural ability.

as for the revolver it has 6 rounds in it and Rapid Reload (Mythic), haste does state "When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon"

re-roll
[roll0]

the lightning arc is from the Seax not the Revolver, and it reads as Casting Time 1 standard action. and this is done as an SLA

with Improved/Greater Two Weapon Fighting + haste both the Revolver and the Seax should get 2 attacks at highest

though lightning arc is an SLA, so I think I put 1 too many instances as I think it should only be 1 instance of lighting vs. 2

Shatter Defenses (Mythic) may also come into play

flat_footed
2023-05-08, 01:10 AM
Paradox, about how far away are we from the giants and Mistress?

samduke
2023-05-08, 10:42 AM
or more to the point from each other

paradox26
2023-05-10, 12:46 AM
You are spread out at five foot intervals, forty feet to the south of the inhabitants, who are on the far side of the machine.

flat_footed
2023-05-10, 01:14 AM
You are spread out at five foot intervals, forty feet to the south of the inhabitants, who are on the far side of the machine.

Awesome, thanks!

[roll0]

Yikes, two 1s in a row. Something tells me this isn't going to be my battle. :smallyuk:

paradox26
2023-05-10, 01:30 AM
I always view it as getting the 1s out of the dice before they matter.

DrK
2023-05-10, 04:13 AM
Should we start posting our round 1 actions or will you let us know what initiative group the bad guys are so we can start posting?

samduke
2023-05-10, 04:43 PM
@paradox26

Lei initiative: (1d20+14)[25]
Dazzling Display: [roll]1d20+7[roll]
Make an Intimidate check to demoralize all foes within 30 feet who can see your display

Shatter Defenses
Any shaken, frightened, or panicked opponent hit by you this round is flat-footed to your attacks until the end of your next turn.

Shatter Defenses (Mythic):
An opponent you affect with Shatter Defenses is flat-footed to all attacks, not just yours.

Phantom Wind Ray:
target must make a Perception check opposed by the initiator’s next attack roll against the target
revolver: range 100 ft (B&P)
resolve attacks against touch AC when the target is within the first five range increments
Haste attack (1d20+19)[25]
attack (1d20+19)[30]
Revolver Damage : (1d8+11)[13] Animus-Charged Bullets (Su), Trench Warfare (Ex)
Revolver Damage : (1d8+11)[12] Animus-Charged Bullets (Su), Trench Warfare (Ex)
Distant Barrage (Ex) +5 to both if they hit
Stance of Piercing Rays: 8 FIRE

+1 Broken-back seax : Lightning arc
Haste attack (1d20+19)[24]
Lightning Arc
Range long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level) <CL 10>
Targets two creatures or objects which must be no more than 60 ft. apart and any creatures in a line connecting them. <<vs. two ash giants & lamia matriarch>>
Saving Throw Reflex half DC 19; Spell Resistance yes (see text) caster level check (1d20+10)[23]
lamia matriarch & 2 ash giants
Broken-back seax:
Lightning Arc damage: (10d6)[35] electricity

Flat-Footed
A character who has not yet acted during a combat is flat-footed, unable to react normally to the situation. A flat-footed character loses his Dexterity bonus to AC and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD) (if any) and cannot make attacks of opportunity, unless he has the Combat Reflexes feat or Uncanny Dodge class ability.

You also cannot use an immediate action if you are flat-footed
Spell-like abilities are subject to spell resistance and dispel magic

** with multiple effects that could cause the ash giants and lamia to become flatfooted
** all of this takes place before lamia can cast and if I read correctly if they are flatfooted their actions are limited and the lamia will not be able to use that SLA

lamia initiative: (1d20+8)[21]
The lamia cast Cloudkill. Everyone please roll a Fortitude save versus DC 22. Failure deals 1d4 points of Con damage each round. Success deals half that.

Fortitude: [roll0] + Mythic Surge [roll1] = [27]
whenever you succeed at a saving throw against a spell or special ability, you suffer no effects as long as that ability didn’t come from a mythic source
** is the lamia a mythic source ??

flat_footed
2023-05-11, 02:30 AM
Let's get the Monster Lore checks out of the way:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3][roll4]

DrK
2023-05-11, 03:15 AM
Rosalyn Fort save [roll0] +[roll1] surge if needed

I’ll get Rosalyn’s round 1 action up later today

DrK
2023-05-11, 03:28 AM
Damn the natural 1!
Cloud kill Con damage [roll0]

Edit: net effect is -24 Hps and -2 on Fort saves

flat_footed
2023-05-11, 03:32 AM
I always view it as getting the 1s out of the dice before they matter.

You were saying? :smallredface:

I've added in the results from Dazzling Display and factored in my Memorable trait.

paradox26
2023-05-11, 04:22 AM
Should we start posting our round 1 actions or will you let us know what initiative group the bad guys are so we can start posting?
The way I run combat is for everyone to just post their actions and at the end I will figure out the order, which usually works to the party's advantage if anything.

Let's get the Monster Lore checks out of the way:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3][roll4]
That is enough that you can look up the SRD entries on them. And the Nalfeshnee one is high enough to reveal that it is a Mythic Nalfeshnee.

You were saying? :smallredface:

I've added in the results from Dazzling Display and factored in my Memorable trait.
Ow, that is getting embarrassing.

flat_footed
2023-05-11, 01:33 PM
The way I run combat is for everyone to just post their actions and at the end I will figure out the order, which usually works to the party's advantage if anything.

That is enough that you can look up the SRD entries on them. And the Nalfeshnee one is high enough to reveal that it is a Mythic Nalfeshnee.

Ow, that is getting embarrassing.

Damn, Mr. Nalfeshnee packs a punch.

And at least the 1s haven't completely screwed me over yet, a 1 on that attack would have been unfortunate.

paradox26
2023-05-13, 02:25 AM
Yeah, it is the big boss of the area, so it is tough.

Now for my rolls, Part 1. I have to make a second post in a minute to represent actions once the result of this one is known.
[roll0] Will save for ash giant 1.

paradox26
2023-05-13, 02:44 AM
My rolls, part 2.

[roll0] attack 1, giant 1 vs giant 2.
[roll1] attack 2, giant 1 vs giant 2.

[roll2] touch attack by lamia versus Rosalyn.
[roll3] duplicate touch attack due to Rosalyn's countering ability.
[roll4] wisdom drain if attack successful.

Nalfeshnee attacks
[roll5] Attack roll versus Hiigara.
[roll6] Damage from bite

[roll7] Attack roll versus Lei.
[roll8] Damage from claw 1

[roll9] Attack roll versus Lei.
[roll10] Damage from claw 2

Hezrou attacks
[roll11] Attack roll versus Hiigara.
[roll12] Damage from bite

[roll13] Attack roll versus Rosalyn.
[roll14] Damage from claw 1

[roll15] Attack roll versus Rosalyn.
[roll16] Damage from claw 2

NOTE: Can everyone please roll a Will save versus DC 24 or be dazed for 1d10 rounds.

DrK
2023-05-13, 02:50 AM
Ouch, that wisdom drain hurts and the counter attack missed with a natural 1

Is the Nalfenshee’s chaotic assault a Spell/Spell like ability? If so needs to be beat a 42 on caster level check for Rosalyn with her burnished shell counter

paradox26
2023-05-13, 03:12 AM
It is a supernatural ability. So it would bypass the need for a caster level check, is my understanding of it.

DrK
2023-05-13, 04:23 AM
It is a supernatural ability. So it would bypass the need for a caster level check, is my understanding of it.

Best make some saves then :smallsmile:

flat_footed
2023-05-13, 03:23 PM
Well, I'll be using my immediate action no matter what so we'll see how my save goes first:

[roll0]

Whew! Ok. Hiigara will use Mirror Dodge as an Immediate action to teleport 20ft back and avoid the attack.

DrK
2023-05-13, 03:36 PM
Will save for Rosalyn [roll0] +7 or mins affecting and a mythic surge if needed [roll1]

flat_footed
2023-05-13, 03:54 PM
Will save for Rosalyn [roll0] +7 or mins affecting and a mythic surge if needed [roll1]

I'm glad we're dodging the 1s finally. :smallcool:

paradox26
2023-05-13, 11:44 PM
Well, I'll be using my immediate action no matter what so we'll see how my save goes first:

[roll0]

Whew! Ok. Hiigara will use Mirror Dodge as an Immediate action to teleport 20ft back and avoid the attack.

The radius of the effect is 60', which will encompass almost the entire chamber. You will have to teleport back into the previous room or at least the secret corridor to avoid it.

flat_footed
2023-05-13, 11:59 PM
The radius of the effect is 60', which will encompass almost the entire chamber. You will have to teleport back into the previous room or at least the secret corridor to avoid it.

Mirror Dodge was for the actual attack that hit, not the AOE. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

paradox26
2023-05-14, 01:06 AM
Oh, okay. My mistake. Not a problem.

flat_footed
2023-05-14, 01:30 AM
Just meaning sure, Sardonic Wit would be able to end the Dazed effect if one of the party fails their save?

DrK
2023-05-14, 06:30 AM
I'm glad we're dodging the 1s finally. :smallcool:

I'm not so sure. First 5 d20 rolls of this round being all between 1 and 4.... Its not inspiring much faith

samduke
2023-05-14, 06:58 AM
NOTE: Can everyone please roll a Will save versus DC 24 or be dazed for 1d10 rounds.

sorry been busy, um just for clarification, what occurred with my attacks vs, lamia and the giants ?

and then the relatable will save [roll0] crap wrong character sorry

samduke
2023-05-14, 07:00 AM
will save [roll0]

samduke
2023-05-14, 07:02 AM
dazed for 1d10 rounds. [roll0]

flat_footed
2023-05-14, 02:28 PM
will save [roll0]

Hey Sam, I'll be using Sardonic Wit to break you out of this as long as it qualifies.

samduke
2023-05-14, 07:04 PM
Hey Sam, I'll be using Sardonic Wit to break you out of this as long as it qualifies.

ehh.. okay

Sardonic Wit (Su)
As a move action, you can expend one use of mythic power to remove a single mind-affecting effect from one creature within 30 feet. This ability doesn't work on effects with an instantaneous or permanent duration

still waiting to see what occurred with my attack rolls

Kaouse
2023-05-15, 12:30 AM
Sorry for being absent guys. I will make a post within 24 hours, definitely.

Kaouse
2023-05-16, 12:31 AM
Okay, made a post. Summoned some Azata, dispersed Cloudkill, fired some lightning bolts and hopefully thinned the herd a bit.

Also, if you attack within close range of me (55 ft) you get a little healing once per round (+17 hp).

Oh, and Inspire Courage for +3 attack & damage.

paradox26
2023-05-16, 05:04 AM
Just meaning sure, Sardonic Wit would be able to end the Dazed effect if one of the party fails their save?
Sorry, the description doesn't mention it as being a mind affecting effect, so it wouldn't work, as I read it.

sorry been busy, um just for clarification, what occurred with my attacks vs, lamia and the giants ?

and then the relatable will save [roll0] crap wrong character sorry
Sorry, I forgot that during my post. The lamia is almost dead. Should go down this round for sure. One giant is dead, the other is being dominated, so I presume you won't want to attack it at this stage?

I am going to turn in and get some sleep now after a very late night airport pickup last night, and will catch up with the IC posts when I get a chance tomorrow. My partner is home now, after a month away, so I should be sleeping less in future, and will have time for more regular posting. Thanks for sticking with the game thus far everyone.

samduke
2023-05-16, 06:52 AM
Sorry, the description doesn't mention it as being a mind affecting effect, so it wouldn't work, as I read it.

Sorry, I forgot that during my post. The lamia is almost dead. Should go down this round for sure. One giant is dead, the other is being dominated, so I presume you won't want to attack it at this stage?

I am going to turn in and get some sleep now after a very late night airport pickup last night, and will catch up with the IC posts when I get a chance tomorrow. My partner is home now, after a month away, so I should be sleeping less in future, and will have time for more regular posting. Thanks for sticking with the game thus far everyone.

well I asked about my attacks as there were rolls needed .. all before they could act I believe lei was acting before the lamia and giants
Lei initiative: (1d20+14)[25]

Dazzling Display:
Make an Intimidate check to demoralize all foes within 30 feet who can see your display

Shatter Defenses
Any shaken, frightened, or panicked opponent hit by you this round is flat-footed to your attacks until the end of your next turn.

Shatter Defenses (Mythic):
An opponent you affect with Shatter Defenses is flat-footed to all attacks, not just yours.

Phantom Wind Ray:
target must make a Perception check opposed by the initiator’s next attack roll against the target
Haste attack (1d20+19)[25]
attack (1d20+19)[30]

Flat-Footed
A character who has not yet acted during a combat is flat-footed, unable to react normally to the situation. A flat-footed character loses his Dexterity bonus to AC and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD) (if any) and cannot make attacks of opportunity, unless he has the Combat Reflexes feat or Uncanny Dodge class ability.

You also cannot use an immediate action if you are flat-footed
Spell-like abilities are subject to spell resistance and dispel magic

** with multiple effects that could cause the ash giants and lamia to become flatfooted
** all of this takes place before lamia can cast and if I read correctly if they are flatfooted their actions are limited and the lamia will not be able to use that SLA

if we are progressing with things as is - fine, Lei will be dazed 1 round cuz I rolled it.

edited

DrK
2023-05-16, 07:47 AM
Is dazzling display not a full round action to do so you wouldn’t be able to make any attacks? Or do you have a mythic ability to do it for free?

Kaouse
2023-05-16, 11:14 AM
Also, let me know if anyone is damaged. The 4 Bralani Azata each have the ability to cast cure serious wounds two times per day, so I'll try to have at least one on support duty at all times.

DrK
2023-05-16, 12:52 PM
Also, let me know if anyone is damaged. The 4 Bralani Azata each have the ability to cast cure serious wounds two times per day, so I'll try to have at least one on support duty at all times.

Sadly for Rosalyn she’s only taken ability score damage and not any actual HP damage

Kaouse
2023-05-16, 01:44 PM
Sadly for Rosalyn she’s only taken ability score damage and not any actual HP damage

I have access to heal (Mythic Heal, at that), so let me know when you want me to cast it.

flat_footed
2023-05-16, 01:51 PM

No damage yet, despite my 1s :smallredface:

flat_footed
2023-05-16, 03:02 PM
No damage yet, despite my 1s :smallredface:

Another. ****ing. 1. :smallfurious:

samduke
2023-05-16, 06:11 PM
Is dazzling display not a full round action to do so you wouldn’t be able to make any attacks? Or do you have a mythic ability to do it for free?

fair point and no just mythic shatter defenses.. may just call the whole thing a bust as a round action as I did not realize the full round part - sorry.

paradox26
2023-05-18, 05:56 AM
That is my fault. I didn't notice you beat the lamia in initiative, Sam. We will call it a successful attack by the lamia, as I am sure the creators expected the party to take at least some damage, and you guys are massively overshadowing the enemy. So I want to balance it a bit. Besides, retconning the entire combat so far would be a nightmare. Continue with the new round and I will pay more attention to the initiatives from now on. Running combat for this game's build rules is more complicated than I had expected, and what I am used to in other high level games.

Sam, I think it is your turn, then I will roll up the attacks by the monsters.

By the way, the lamia will already be dead after the attacks rolled so far in Round 2, so avoid attacking her again.

Kaouse, who exactly are you attacking with the lightning bolts? You could almost take down a hezrou if you concentrate fire, or you can hurt the nalfeshnee. The lamia will be dead as mentioned, and the other hezrou is being killed by Hiigara. The ash giant is also possible, but since that is on your side it probably isn't yet a good target.

Kaouse
2023-05-18, 07:16 PM
That is my fault. I didn't notice you beat the lamia in initiative, Sam. We will call it a successful attack by the lamia, as I am sure the creators expected the party to take at least some damage, and you guys are massively overshadowing the enemy. So I want to balance it a bit. Besides, retconning the entire combat so far would be a nightmare. Continue with the new round and I will pay more attention to the initiatives from now on. Running combat for this game's build rules is more complicated than I had expected, and what I am used to in other high level games.

Sam, I think it is your turn, then I will roll up the attacks by the monsters.

By the way, the lamia will already be dead after the attacks rolled so far in Round 2, so avoid attacking her again.

Kaouse, who exactly are you attacking with the lightning bolts? You could almost take down a hezrou if you concentrate fire, or you can hurt the nalfeshnee. The lamia will be dead as mentioned, and the other hezrou is being killed by Hiigara. The ash giant is also possible, but since that is on your side it probably isn't yet a good target.

I was kinda thinking the lamia would still be alive, but with it dead and the ash giants dealt with, I don't think lightning bolts actually do much if anything to the demons. I really just wanted to spread the damage out and deal with the cloudkill, but in retrospect I chose a poor avenue of attack.

My own fault, really, for coming in so late. :smalltongue:

paradox26
2023-05-19, 04:54 AM
Your character would act intelligently, so I won't lock you into a decision you couldn't have known was suboptimal when you posted it. You can edit your post before I post replies.

samduke
2023-05-19, 08:15 AM
well I want to ask if my 1/day use of lightning arc can be restored then?

and for clarity sake we have for enemies is this correct ?

Lamia = dead
ash giant 1 = is dominated
ask giant 2 = unknown
nalfeshnee demon = unknown

On Lei's Turn
she is still in the Stance of Piercing Rays

Full Attack the closest enemy to herself
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll0]
Confirm crit
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll1]
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll2]
Confirm crit
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll3]

Damage
[roll4] + [roll5] Fire
[roll6] + [roll7] Fire x4 if crit is confirmed

Kaouse
2023-05-19, 12:57 PM
The nalfashnee is probably the bigger threat, so it's best to have my summons dogpile them.

EDIT: Oh wow, looks like flat_footed isn't the only one to roll low, lol.

But hey, it sure beats dealing 0 damage because demons are immune to lightning bolt, lol. :smalltongue:

Also, Samduke, don't forget that I'm giving everyone a +3 competence bonus to attack and damage via Inspire Courage.

flat_footed
2023-05-19, 01:09 PM
The nalfashnee is probably the bigger threat, so it's best to have my summons dogpile them.

Agreed, considering its AC and DR. If the next nimbus locks some of us down, be very good to only have the big bad left.

flat_footed
2023-05-19, 03:18 PM
EDIT: Oh wow, looks like flat_footed isn't the only one to roll low, lol.

I'd go back and count the 1s I've had so far, but I honestly don't want to know how bad it's been. :mitd:

samduke
2023-05-19, 04:27 PM
Also, Samduke, don't forget that I'm giving everyone a +3 competence bonus to attack and damage via Inspire Courage.

Ahh not sure what if any difference that makes on the attack rolls but its extra damage and I have edited my IC post to reflect this

flat_footed
2023-05-19, 07:25 PM
Note that the 4th Azata is still using Gust of Wind to counteract clouds and fog effects.

As long as it's up we'll have to remember the -4 to our ranged attacks.

DrK
2023-05-20, 12:52 AM
T:

Excellent, I’d forgotten that. That will help reduce my abysmal dice rolls

paradox26
2023-05-21, 06:24 AM
well I want to ask if my 1/day use of lightning arc can be restored then?

and for clarity sake we have for enemies is this correct ?

Lamia = dead
ash giant 1 = is dominated
ask giant 2 = unknown
nalfeshnee demon = unknown

On Lei's Turn
she is still in the Stance of Piercing Rays

Full Attack the closest enemy to herself
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll0]
Confirm crit
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll1]
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll2]
Confirm crit
+2 (+1 enh) Revolver: [roll3]

Damage
[roll4] + [roll5] Fire
[roll6] + [roll7] Fire x4 if crit is confirmed

You can have your lightning ring back too, Sam. Just remind me please, your pistol attacks are against touch AC, correct? I had trouble finding the information on the SRD.

The nalfshnee has disappeared, and only the dominated ash giant remains in the battle.

Kaouse
2023-05-21, 10:23 AM
So the battle is over, then? What next? The lamia wasn't the person we were supposed to recruit, was she?

If she was, then I can potentially breath of life her if I spend a mythic point on amazing initiative getting there.

flat_footed
2023-05-21, 11:06 AM
So the battle is over, then? What next? The lamia wasn't the person we were supposed to recruit, was she?

If she was, then I can potentially breath of life her if I spend a mythic point on amazing initiative getting there.

It ended up being the Nalfeshnee, iirc. We may be in hunting mode now since we haven't really explored the site yet. Hiigara will definitely want to scout ahead with Greater Invisibility and Detect Evil, leaving the last Ash Giant to fall prone and get whaled on.

samduke
2023-05-21, 06:19 PM
You can have your lightning ring back too, Sam. Just remind me please, your pistol attacks are against touch AC, correct? I had trouble finding the information on the SRD.

its located in the pfsrd/firearms section
Revolver is an Advanced firearm
Advanced firearms resolve their attacks against touch AC when the target is within the first five range increments, Advanced firearms have a maximum range of 10 range increments

paradox26
2023-05-21, 10:42 PM
its located in the pfsrd/firearms section
Revolver is an Advanced firearm
Advanced firearms resolve their attacks against touch AC when the target is within the first five range increments, Advanced firearms have a maximum range of 10 range increments

Okay, thanks. I saw that advanced firearms resolved against touch, but wasn't sure if a revolver counted as one. I should have put two and two together better. I figured your attacks all hit anyway, so I factored that in.

And yes, the Nalfeshnee was the big boss of the Fane. Now you can go explore to find the source of the crystals.

samduke
2023-05-22, 01:53 PM
And yes, the Nalfeshnee was the big boss of the Fane. Now you can go explore to find the source of the crystals.

*lol were off to see the wizard.

Kaouse
2023-05-25, 02:36 PM
Oh yeah, does anyone require any healing?

samduke
2023-05-27, 06:16 PM
Fyi my pc power has failed, on mobile so posting is going to be slow, i give permission for gm to roll and such for me if needed

DrK
2023-05-28, 12:06 AM
Oh yeah, does anyone require any healing?

Rosalyn could do with some. She has 3 Con damage and 4 wisdom drain so a restoration or a heal would be great

flat_footed
2023-05-28, 06:20 PM
I'll be getting a post up later today guys, sorry for the wait. I'm starting a new job soon and my old job is getting their money's worth out of me while they can. :smalltongue:

paradox26
2023-05-29, 05:55 AM
No rush. I don't mind holding off a little for now. I am getting two other games kicked back into gear right now too, and I have had limited time.

paradox26
2023-05-30, 05:31 AM
Just an aside, but are you guys planning to search the bodies?

DrK
2023-05-30, 06:04 AM
Just an aside, but are you guys planning to search the bodies?

Rosalyn was going to let the magically skilled people search them with the detect magic radars

samduke
2023-05-30, 01:58 PM
posting should resume, I have spent real money - pc power supply replaced

Kaouse
2023-05-31, 12:16 PM
I'll make a post today as well.

samduke
2023-06-04, 10:21 AM
contraption Perception: (1d20+21)[23]
grinding machine Perception: (1d20+21)[23]

commentary - Really !!! 2 rolls of 2 Really !!! .....

the RNG Hates me

DrK
2023-06-05, 12:46 AM
The hatred of the RNG is true. It doesn’t like Rosalyn either

paradox26
2023-06-05, 05:29 AM
Only a month ago I rolled two 1s then a 2 in a row. The dice roller is mean.

samduke
2023-06-05, 02:31 PM
Spellcraft check to determine the use of the magical generator. And try to identify the magical items if you like.

Spellcraft [roll0] magical generator
Spellcraft [roll1] scroll #1
Spellcraft [roll2] scroll #2
Spellcraft [roll3] scroll #3
Spellcraft [roll4] chain shirt
Spellcraft [roll5] scythe
Spellcraft [roll6] cloak

samduke
2023-06-09, 09:30 AM
@P26

Items found list

3 scrolls of Scrolls of Sending
+3 chain shirt -> is this medium sized ?
+3 Unholy scythe -> Is the unholy in addition to the +3 or part of the +3 ?
+2 Cloak of Resistance

Ring of Force Shield - OR - Floating Disc unknow limits

paradox26
2023-06-11, 04:34 AM
I will allow the chain shirt to alter size to fit anything up to Large in size, so any PC can wear it.

The Unholy is on top of the +3.

flat_footed
2023-06-11, 08:25 PM
@P26

Items found list

+2 Cloak of Resistance

Hiigara doesn't wear armor, isn't proficient with a scythe and my shoulder and ring slots are taken up by other items. You guys are free to take as you'd like.

samduke
2023-06-12, 12:02 PM
@P26

Items found list

+2 Cloak of Resistance

Hiigara doesn't wear armor, isn't proficient with a scythe and my shoulder and ring slots are taken up by other items. You guys are free to take as you'd like.

Lei does not use the scythe, and can not use the armor or cloak, but could use the Ring of Force Shield

I would say scrolls to the caster that can use them

DrK
2023-06-12, 02:41 PM
Rosalyn has no interest in any of it so feel free to exclude her from the consideration

Shall we smash the weird demon grinder and the rest of the off alchemical lab that has been found here?

samduke
2023-06-12, 03:57 PM
Rosalyn has no interest in any of it so feel free to exclude her from the consideration

Shall we smash the weird demon grinder and the rest of the off alchemical lab that has been found here?

sure unless there is good stuff in the lab ?

paradox26
2023-06-14, 05:56 AM
There is nothing else of interest in the room with the grinder or the one with the floating disk generator. Other than the portal to the Abyss, of course.

Can I please get a Disable Device check from anyone who wants to try it, for the grinder.

samduke
2023-06-14, 02:02 PM
There is nothing else of interest in the room with the grinder or the one with the floating disk generator. Other than the portal to the Abyss, of course.

Can I please get a Disable Device check from anyone who wants to try it, for the grinder.

think that is a trained only if so lei can not

paradox26
2023-06-16, 04:44 AM
Good point. I overlooked that. I will allow you to make a roll anyway, and will just increase the difficulty level. So it is a basic Dex check for anyone who doesn't have the skill trained. Anyone or all of you can roll for this, since the difficulty will be reasonably high.

samduke
2023-06-17, 12:22 AM
Good point. I overlooked that. I will allow you to make a roll anyway, and will just increase the difficulty level. So it is a basic Dex check for anyone who doesn't have the skill trained. Anyone or all of you can roll for this, since the difficulty will be reasonably high.

untrained check Disable Device [roll0]

paradox26
2023-06-18, 05:07 AM
That will be a high enough roll.

Also, someone should heal Rosalyn, if anyone in the party is able to.

paradox26
2023-06-24, 12:14 AM
WHere are you planning to go next? Explore the rift, or go back and check out the rest of the chambers you bypassed? Or just leave and go straight back to the Queen/ I should advise that you still haven't located the source of the gems, just the crusher of them.

DrK
2023-06-24, 01:00 AM
Rosalyn would like to search the facility

flat_footed
2023-06-24, 02:52 AM
Yep, let's get this place closed out.

I'm back now, got some breathing room between old job and new job finally and will be back to posting consistently.

paradox26
2023-06-26, 06:22 AM
Welcome back, flat_footed.

Here is a link to a map of what you have passed so far, so you can explain in what order you want to explore. You are currently in room A8. The Abyssal portal is to the east of the room you are currently in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RPSUa6wdtOQ-Fzydw8rdEucxcv4LqlhC3hNZrkkxfAQ/edit?usp=sharing

Kaouse
2023-06-26, 12:07 PM
Sorry guys.

I've been away overseas on a trip to Italy for a wedding/business venture. Preparing everything I needed for that trip took a ton of my time, focus and energy. Now that the trip is over and I'm officially back in the states, I should be more than capable of fulfilling posting requirements... if you guys will still have me, that is.

If you guys would prefer that I leave, I will understand.

flat_footed
2023-06-26, 12:51 PM
Sorry guys.

I've been away overseas on a trip to Italy for a wedding/business venture. Preparing everything I needed for that trip took a ton of my time, focus and energy. Now that the trip is over and I'm officially back in the states, I should be more than capable of fulfilling posting requirements... if you guys will still have me, that is.

If my vote counts, I'd love to have you stay.

So, what did you bring us back from Italy? :smallcool:

flat_footed
2023-06-27, 11:26 PM
Welcome back, flat_footed.

Here is a link to a map of what you have passed so far, so you can explain in what order you want to explore. You are currently in room A8. The Abyssal portal is to the east of the room you are currently in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RPSUa6wdtOQ-Fzydw8rdEucxcv4LqlhC3hNZrkkxfAQ/edit?usp=sharing

Let's start with A2.

paradox26
2023-06-30, 02:59 AM
You are most welcome to stay.

I also apologise for my absence. I had to take my mother in law to hospital a couple of days ago, and have been spending all of my free time there with her. She should be coming home on Monday night though, so things should return to normal soon.

DrK
2023-06-30, 03:57 PM
Sorry guys.

Welcome back... Can Rosalyn have a heal please

samduke
2023-07-01, 02:45 AM
Ignore this
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaouse
2023-07-04, 11:34 AM
Let's start with A2.

We're currently in A8, so shouldn't we start with A9, before moving into A1 to check A2?

Welcome back... Can Rosalyn have a heal please

No problem. You required ability damage healing, correct? If it's just HP healing then my summons could have cleared that out easily. Ability damage I can clear with Mythic Heal without too much trouble, though.

DrK
2023-07-05, 02:21 AM
We're currently in A8, so shouldn't we start with A9, before moving into A1 to check A2?

No problem. You required ability damage healing, correct? If it's just HP healing then my summons could have cleared that out easily. Ability damage I can clear with Mythic Heal without too much trouble, though.

Wis drain and Con damage from the Llamia and the mythic cloudkill. She ha da rough start to the battle!

Kaouse
2023-07-05, 11:44 AM
Wis drain and Con damage from the Llamia and the mythic cloudkill. She ha da rough start to the battle!

Yep, that's Mythic Heal worthy. Consider it gone.

Mythic Heal adds the effects of Restoration, which cures all ability damage and restores all points permanently drained from one score. It'll heal your Wis drain and erase your Con damage.

You can probably also consider yourself at full HP and cleansed of most other status effects.

Since it adds the effect of Restoration to Heal, it also ignores the expensive material component of Restoration.

The downside, however, is that I need to expend 2 uses of Mythic Power to add the Restoration effect. It's not something I can spam with impunity, so be wary.

I'll get up a post later today. I'll have to make sure to track my Mythic Power accurately.

samduke
2023-07-07, 01:38 PM
do we have a map link that I am unaware of ?

flat_footed
2023-07-07, 02:06 PM
do we have a map link that I am unaware of ?

Here you go!

flat_footed
2023-07-07, 02:08 PM
Anyone else ok with A8 next?

samduke
2023-07-07, 03:32 PM

Here you go!

ahh thanks

RE: A8 next? -> sounds fine to me

paradox26
2023-07-09, 06:15 AM
A8 is the room you are standing in, with the crystal grinding machine. Sorry, I really should have clarified that for you. You have thoroughly examined A8 and A9, the rest you have briefly passed through or missed entirely.

DrK
2023-07-09, 04:55 PM
Down to A3 to look at the areas we were marched through?

flat_footed
2023-07-09, 05:08 PM
Down to A3 to look at the areas we were marched through?

Works for me

samduke
2023-07-12, 08:14 AM
works for me

paradox26
2023-07-17, 05:17 AM
There is no combat in this half of the Fane. Would you like me to just summarise what you uncover there, or would you prefer to actually go through each room?

flat_footed
2023-07-17, 02:01 PM
There is no combat in this half of the Fane. Would you like me to just summarise what you uncover there, or would you prefer to actually go through each room?

Summary works for me, especially if there's no danger.

DrK
2023-07-18, 12:07 AM
Agree, the summary for non danger is fine

samduke
2023-07-18, 06:46 AM
summery is fine

paradox26
2023-07-20, 02:49 AM
No worries. I will summarise IC. There are beings in the chambers still, however, so I will take you straight to those.

DrK
2023-07-20, 05:20 AM
To confirm critical hits (damage includes double power attack damage from Mythic Power Attack)

Attack 1: [roll0] extra damage [roll1]
Primal Wrath: [roll2] extra damage [roll3]

samduke
2023-07-20, 06:37 AM
Items
+ 1 black dragonhide electricity resistance breastplate (Huge)
+1 heavy pick (Huge)
12,000gp worth of magical components and reagents
an alchemy lab
Nahyndrian crystal powders

samduke
2023-07-20, 11:18 AM
sorry for the double but I just noticed my Revolver damage did not get a / ::: [roll0]

samduke
2023-07-23, 06:41 AM
Items
+ 1 black dragonhide electricity resistance breastplate (Huge)
+1 heavy pick (Huge)
12,000gp worth of magical components and reagents (**)
an alchemy lab (**)
Nahyndrian crystal powders (**)

large +1 Scorpion Whip
+3 chain shirt
mwk longsword
amulet of natural armor + 1 (**)
belt of mighty constitution +4 (**)
ring of protection +2 (**)
an alchemy kit (**)

Not taken yet...
a machine with eight collection containers surrounding it and attached to it.

** IF no one wants any of this I am going to cherry pick (**) then, and dump the rest in the current room **

DrK
2023-07-24, 03:18 AM
From all the stuff, although the Belt would help her, it would lose her the +2/Str/Dex belt she carries. But the Amulet of nat armour +1 would help her a little as she doesn't have an nck slot currently if that was okay for me to grab?

In terms of players, if its dow to just me and SamDuke is it worth us each having a second PC? Or would you want to rerecruit?

flat_footed
2023-07-24, 03:30 AM
None of those items would help Hiigara, he pretty much has those slots full. Maybe only taking the Chain Shirt to sell later on.

samduke
2023-07-24, 02:45 PM
From all the stuff, although the Belt would help her, it would lose her the +2/Str/Dex belt she carries. But the Amulet of nat armour +1 would help her a little as she doesn't have an nck slot currently if that was okay for me to grab?

In terms of players, if its dow to just me and SamDuke is it worth us each having a second PC? Or would you want to rerecruit?

I have no issues with you taking the amulet and unless the belt is seriously better for you over your current it may be better to not take it.

looks like 3 of us posting atm

paradox26
2023-07-26, 03:37 AM
I can rerecruit if the party wants it. Do you want me to set up a new recruitment thread to get new characters, or should we just ask the existing recruitment thread? It is likely that some of those will have deleted their sheets. I am prepared to recruit an extra three PCs, to bring you up to six. Thoughts?

samduke
2023-07-26, 06:32 AM
I can rerecruit if the party wants it. Do you want me to set up a new recruitment thread to get new characters, or should we just ask the existing recruitment thread? It is likely that some of those will have deleted their sheets. I am prepared to recruit an extra three PCs, to bring you up to six. Thoughts?

no - I do not feel re-recruitment

I am debating on a 2nd character, or just having this end where there are 2 active posters and 1 semi-sorta active and I am leaning towards the later

paradox26
2023-07-27, 02:15 AM
What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

DrK
2023-07-29, 01:04 AM
I’m always in favour game’s continuing :smallsmile:
And I’ve played in a few with PCs having a main and a secondary PC without issue. That would be my preference rather than stopping

flat_footed
2023-07-30, 03:03 AM
I'm also in favor of continuing.

samduke
2023-07-30, 11:50 PM
Continuing is fine, are we going to go with a2nd character, or trudge along as is ?

paradox26
2023-07-31, 04:09 AM
Okay, everyone seems to be in agreement, so you can use the existing creation rules linked to in the recruitment thread to build a second character each. The link to the recruitment thread can be found in Post #1 of this thread.

Also, DrK, you misrolled in the IC thread. Do you want to do that again for me please.

samduke
2023-07-31, 11:44 PM
Okay, everyone seems to be in agreement, so you can use the existing creation rules linked to in the recruitment thread to build a second character each. The link to the recruitment thread can be found in Post #1 of this thread.

* I really do not feel link scouring 300 Q&A's that were addressed in recruiting so @paradox26 I am going to just list a couple things that you can address below here.

Pathfinder 1st Edition
Level 12, Mythic Tier 5.

108,000gp.
*will the 2nd character be known to the party and have knowledge of the "loot" that is on the floor at the moment?

Anything from the pfsrd site will be considered. Anything 3PP from there will need to be requested, but should be okay.
No Spheres allowed. PoW and Psionics are permitted. No homebrew.

*Sad Panda, but ok*

Common and Uncommon races are allowed straight off. If you want something more unusual, just ask and I will take a look.

Elephant in the Room feat tax rules.

attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
10+1d8, rolled seven times, dropping the lowest for each. Roll two complete sets and take the best set. Hit points are Max for 1st level, then average rounded up afterwards.
character #2
set 1
1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]
3:[roll2]
4:[roll3]
5:[roll4]
6:[roll5]
7:[roll6]

set 2
1:[roll7]
2:[roll8]
3:[roll9]
4:[roll10]
5:[roll11]
6:[roll12]
7:[roll13]

Multiclassing is allowed

3PP classes allowed on request.
Mythic rules are in use.
No crafting allowed, but you can stack magic items at the standard 150% of the cost of the lower value item. No custom items allowed, other than to be able to scale up existing items.

Do we need this still ?
A background is required, but keep it reasonably short and interesting. I don't want a novel, but I want to know that there is a character there, not just a bunch of class abilities. I will put up a post in the next couple of days, once I have read through the start of the module, where I will tell you how you came together and where your characters will need to start from.

Lei is a Human: Gunslinger 1/ Swashbuckler 3/ Fighter 3/ Mystic 5
Lady Rosalyn is a Aasamir: Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) 12
Hiigara is a Variant Aasimar (Garuda-Blooded): Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 12

Character #2
Set 1
1:(1d8+10)[13]
3:(1d8+10)[14]
4:(1d8+10)[12]
5:(1d8+10)[18]
6:(1d8+10)[16]
7:(1d8+10)[17]

*is Pixie (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/pixie/) acceptable ?
4 HD: Str -4, Dex 11, Con 2, Int 6, Wis 4, Cha 6

DrK
2023-08-01, 07:50 AM
Know planes for Rosalyn [roll0]

Rolls
Set 1 [roll1]
Set 2 [roll2]

@Samduke : How would pixie work as Pathfinder doesn’t do LA for all the special abilities they get? Thanks for summarising the creation rules we used

With a cleric from Samduke I’ll look at an arcane caster of some kind. Be it a wizard or Arcanist most likely.

samduke
2023-08-01, 08:22 AM
Know planes for Rosalyn [roll0]

Rolls
Set 1 [roll1]
Set 2 [roll2]

@Samduke : How would pixie work as Pathfinder doesn’t do LA for all the special abilities they get? Thanks for summarising the creation rules we used

With a cleric from Samduke I’ll look at an arcane caster of some kind. Be it a wizard or Arcanist most likely.

the PF pixie does not have LA, it does have CR 4 and 4 hit dice, where the 3.5 pixie has 4-6 LA and only 1 hit dice

and if P26 says no to the pixie that is fine, The alternative probably would be Garuda-Blooded (Plumekith) Aasimar as that also works for a race

samduke
2023-08-01, 10:05 AM
@paradox26

I need to see if you will permit this without taking the PRC/levels as it is rather key to my build idea and the whole actually does not work without it and I would change the character completely

current idea is a bow based cleric.

Erastil
Deific Obedience: Evangelist
3: Faithful Archer (Ex) You are particularly skilled at using Erastil’s favored weapon. When using a longbow, you add your Wisdom bonus on attack and damage rolls against targets within 30 feet.

When I read the Deific Obedience feat I seem to need to take the Evangelist PRC which sucks & take 9 levels of it.

My other ideas around the Bow concept were Magus <Eldritch Archer> OR Monk <Zen Archer>

paradox26
2023-08-02, 12:40 AM
* I really do not feel link scouring 300 Q&A's that were addressed in recruiting so @paradox26 I am going to just list a couple things that you can address below here.

Pathfinder 1st Edition
Level 12, Mythic Tier 5.

108,000gp.
*will the 2nd character be known to the party and have knowledge of the "loot" that is on the floor at the moment?

Anything from the pfsrd site will be considered. Anything 3PP from there will need to be requested, but should be okay.
No Spheres allowed. PoW and Psionics are permitted. No homebrew.

*Sad Panda, but ok*

Common and Uncommon races are allowed straight off. If you want something more unusual, just ask and I will take a look.

attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
10+1d8, rolled seven times, dropping the lowest for each. Roll two complete sets and take the best set. Hit points are Max for 1st level, then average rounded up afterwards.

Multiclassing is allowed

3PP classes allowed on request.
Mythic rules are in use.
No crafting allowed, but you can stack magic items at the standard 150% of the cost of the lower value item. No custom items allowed, other than to be able to scale up existing items.

Do we need this still ?
A background is required, but keep it reasonably short and interesting. I don't want a novel, but I want to know that there is a character there, not just a bunch of class abilities. I will put up a post in the next couple of days, once I have read through the start of the module, where I will tell you how you came together and where your characters will need to start from.

Lei is a Human: Gunslinger 1/ Swashbuckler 3/ Fighter 3/ Mystic 5
Lady Rosalyn is a Aasamir: Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) 12
Hiigara is a Variant Aasimar (Garuda-Blooded): Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 12

*is Pixie (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/pixie/) acceptable ?
4 HD: Str -4, Dex 11, Con 2, Int 6, Wis 4, Cha 6

because we look like we need a healer
Cleric (Crusader) 8 worshiping Erastil I would take the Community domain & Healing Domain if I can.
Yes, the characters can be explained as having been there all along, and we will just retcon them in. So they know what loot is there and can take a share of it.
No need for a background, just do a very basic build concept, so I know who they are. Can be a single sentence, as I am not having to use it to pick players this time.
Pixie is acceptable.
You can take those domains.

@paradox26

I need to see if you will permit this without taking the PRC/levels as it is rather key to my build idea and the whole actually does not work without it and I would change the character completely

current idea is a bow based cleric.

Erastil
Deific Obedience: Evangelist
3: Faithful Archer (Ex) You are particularly skilled at using Erastil’s favored weapon. When using a longbow, you add your Wisdom bonus on attack and damage rolls against targets within 30 feet.

When I read the Deific Obedience feat I seem to need to take the Evangelist PRC which sucks & take 9 levels of it.

My other ideas around the Bow concept were Magus <Eldritch Archer> OR Monk <Zen Archer>
Adding wisdome to attack and damage on top of existing stat bonuses is powerful. I read a handbook to see what it explained about the Erastil Evangelist, and it certainly seems like you have to take the prestige class to get the obedience boon. It would be very powerful if you don't need to, so unfortunately I will have to rule that you need to take the prestige class. The handbook suggested the boons and prestige class abilities together make it worth making a full build around.

samduke
2023-08-02, 09:57 AM
Adding wisdome to attack and damage on top of existing stat bonuses is powerful. I read a handbook to see what it explained about the Erastil Evangelist, and it certainly seems like you have to take the prestige class to get the obedience boon. It would be very powerful if you don't need to, so unfortunately I will have to rule that you need to take the prestige class. The handbook suggested the boons and prestige class abilities together make it worth making a full build around.

well I do not know what handbook that is you speak of...
to qualify for the Evangelist PRC I would need 7 levels of cleric then take it on level 8, if I use the pixie that caps me at 12, with needing 8 more levels of prc to get that boon

so I think I am going to pass on the cleric

Pixie 4/ Magus Eldritch Archer 8 will net me 3rd level spells and work for my overall archer idea so I will go that route instead

Ashley (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2820444)
female TN Pixie Magus (Eldritch Archer), Level 12, Init 8, HP 103/103, DR SR 15, DR 10/cold iron , Speed 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
AC 30, Touch 20, Flat-footed 21, CMD 28, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15, CMB +9/+5, Base Attack Bonus 8/4
adaptive +3 Lightning Bow (adamantine, +3 shock, +3 brilliant energy arrows) +21/+17 (1d8+13, x3)
+2 Broken-back seax +19/+15 (1d8+10, 19-20x2)
+3 chainmail, use fly on command (as the spell) 1/day Celestial armor (+9 Armor, +8 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 24, Wis 20, Cha 18
Condition none

Will speak in Bold Dark Green for now

flatfooted last posted IC on June 24th., & with only 2 of us actively posting IC, I will wait to see what DR K. has for a 2nd character

DrK
2023-08-04, 04:33 AM
Cracking on the Archer, I can bring a cleric/oracle of some sort to help bolster healing. I'm off work next week so will make the PC then.

samduke
2023-08-09, 12:12 PM
Lei
Knowledge Local check [roll0]

Ashley
Knowledge Local check [roll1]

flat_footed
2023-08-15, 10:15 PM
Well, so much for that Local check.

DrK
2023-08-18, 04:39 AM
I don't think Know(nobilty) will help either! Sorry for being slow this week, buried at work.
I'm still working on my Oracle, just been slow so I'll try and make prgress this weekend

Is there much more left to explore in this cave complex? Or should we be crossing the portal?

paradox26
2023-08-20, 11:49 PM
I am sorry for my absence as well. I have had a busy week, with something different happening every night.

To answer your question, this is the last of the rooms with someone in them on this side of the portal.

samduke
2023-08-21, 06:47 AM
@DrK , @flat_footed

did you guys get a 2nd character built ?

flat_footed
2023-08-21, 12:16 PM
@DrK , @flat_footed

did you guys get a 2nd character built ?

I have a couple concepts but nothing ready yet. After you went a different direction from Cleric I wanted to wait for DrK to make sure we have a good party composition. We're bit ranged-heavy as it is, so it'll be a melee something or other.

samduke
2023-08-21, 02:26 PM
I have a couple concepts but nothing ready yet. After you went a different direction from Cleric I wanted to wait for DrK to make sure we have a good party composition. We're bit ranged-heavy as it is, so it'll be a melee something or other.

unfortunatly my overall cleric thought did not work out and the archer was my other thought

flat_footed
2023-08-21, 03:11 PM
unfortunatly my overall cleric thought did not work out and the archer was my other thought

No worries, I'm good with whatever to cover the group.

samduke
2023-08-24, 11:42 AM
The paladin snarls and launches an attack with her sword, lashing out at Hiigara. She lashes out quickly, blade flashing.

Question is Lei OR Ashley within melee range or would they need to move?
Presuming the need to move both will make ranged attacks

You realize something, with your knowledge of the planes. The husk may be the true body of Yaniel, and the figure before you has taken her form. You realize that a break enchantment or remove curse spell by a powerful enough caster might be enough to revive her, if this is the case.

Unfortunately Magus does not get remove curse

Lei
Ghost Hunting Blow Initiation Action: 1 swift action, initiator’s weapon possessed the ghost touch property.
Stance of Piercing Rays +1d6 fire

ranged attack +2 (+1 enh) Revolver +19/+19 1d8 x4
[roll0]
[roll1]
confirm crit
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage
[roll4]
[roll5] fire

samduke
2023-08-24, 11:45 AM
forgot lei's 2nd set of damage rolls
[roll0]
[roll1] fire

Ashley
Ranged Attack +3 Lightning Bow +3 brilliant energy arrows +21/+17 1d8+13 x3
[roll2] =Crit
[roll3]
confirm crit
[roll4]=Crit confirm, = holy jebus
[roll5]
Damage
[roll6] x3 = 63
[roll7]

flat_footed
2023-08-25, 10:57 PM
Attack misses, and Target of Opportunity will give me an AoO as an immediate action from Ashley's hit.

[roll0]
[roll1][roll2]

samduke
2023-08-26, 09:43 AM
Round 2
Lei
ranged attack +2 (+1 enh) Revolver +19/+19 1d8 x4
1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]
confirm crit
1:[roll2]
2:[roll3]

Damage
1:[roll4]
[roll5] Fire

2:[roll6]
[roll7] Fire

Ashley
Ranged Attack +3 Lightning Bow +3 brilliant energy arrows +21/+17 1d8+13 x3
[roll8]
[roll9]
confirm crit
[roll10]
[roll11]
Damage
[roll12]
[roll13]

DrK
2023-08-27, 09:03 AM
Right, back, Roslayn leaping into the action but possibly ineffectually after every attack rolled < 10! :smallmad:
My other PC is still needing feats as work got crazy, but have a week off now to have a breather and allow me some non-work activities

paradox26
2023-08-28, 06:08 AM
Don't be too worried about getting your new character done in a hurry. Your party outpowers anything you might have to face anyway. This module is notorious for it.

samduke
2023-08-28, 12:37 PM
Descriptive: A woman stands within, wearing plate armor and carrying a longsword. She introduces herself as Yaniel.
Just to let you know, her AC is 32, so you are frequently coming in just below that.

Ashley - wow a (1d20+17)[27] to hit fails to strike with brilliant energy arrows.. vs. ac less than 32 <not knowing how much of that is armor/shield> (YIKES)
Brilliant energy weapon ignores nonliving matter. Armor and shield bonuses to AC (including any enhancement bonuses to that armor) do not count against it because the weapon passes through armor.

attack roll on Lei
(1d20+23)[33]
(2d8+12)[19] damage roll.

Panache/Grit Points: 5 expend 1 (4 of 5)

Opportune Parry and Riposte (Ex): when an opponent makes a melee attack against the swashbuckler, she can spend 1 panache point and expend a use of an attack of opportunity to attempt to parry that attack.

The swashbuckler makes an attack roll as if she were making an attack of opportunity

If her result is greater than the attacking creature’s result, the creature’s attack automatically misses.

The swashbuckler must declare the use of this ability after the creature’s attack is announced, but before its attack roll is made.

Upon performing a successful parry and if she has at least 1 panache point, the swashbuckler can as an immediate action make an attack against the creature whose attack she parried, provided that creature is within her reach. This deed’s cost cannot be reduced by any ability or effect that reduces the number of panache points a deed costs.

samduke
2023-08-28, 12:57 PM
Attack of Opportunity - Opportune Parry and Riposte (Ex)

+1 Broken-back seax [roll0] <24 is not a 33 welp - ouch
confirm crit [roll1] 17-20x3
Damage
1d10+4

Mythic Surge (Su) [roll2]

Immediate action
+1 Broken-back seax [roll3]
confirm crit [roll4] 17-20x3
Damage
1d10+4

flat_footed
2023-08-28, 10:08 PM
Jeez: 7,6,12,7 for attacks. This Paladin clearly has a god of luck on their side. :smallannoyed:

Plus a 5 for Dazzling Display, because why not.

paradox26
2023-08-31, 11:16 PM
Sorry, Sam. I forgot you had brilliant energy. That will hit too then. But the paladin has a lot of hit points.

samduke
2023-09-01, 01:18 AM
Sorry, Sam. I forgot you had brilliant energy. That will hit too then. But the paladin has a lot of hit points.

nod.. no problem, yeah I figured loads of HP

paradox26
2023-09-04, 05:10 AM
Just checking in to say that I am still here. I am just waiting for flat_footed to chime in before I post next.

samduke
2023-09-05, 06:32 AM
I must submit my apologies for not having been online in a few days. I have been visiting a terminally ill friend in hospital every second day in my free time. And in between those days, I have been helping a friend do an online course that has taken him many hours longer than it took me when I did the same course. But he has been using my computer to do it as he doesn't have one himself, and so I haven't been able to access my computer.

I am updating the posts now.

they do not seem to post often in ooc

edited

flat_footed
2023-09-05, 08:38 AM
they posted IC #137, they do not seem to post often in ooc

That post was from back in April. :smallconfused:

samduke
2023-09-05, 11:01 AM
That post was from back in April. :smallconfused:

you are correct I was on the wrong page ... apologies

paradox26
2023-09-11, 03:39 AM
Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet, but my life situation has changed a fair bit in the last week. I am doing a study course that has heated up and is taking my nights, and my aged care client has gone into respite and I am now spending all of my days with him at the nursing home to keep him company while his guardian is overseas. This means I will be unable to have enough time to run any games for about the next month or so. I should be able to resume after that, so if you don't mind waiting then keep your characters and I will try to resume when my life goes back to normal. I am very sorry I am not able to continue running the game at this stage. I am able to play in the couple of games I am in because I can post for those while I am waiting to be allowed in to see my client, but I don't have time to be able to access my books when I am at home.

So I unfortunately, long story short, have to put the game on hiatus for three to four weeks. I will understand anyone who doesn't want to stick around, but if you do the game will resume soon.

flat_footed
2023-09-11, 06:59 AM
Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet, but my life situation has changed a fair bit in the last week. I am doing a study course that has heated up and is taking my nights, and my aged care client has gone into respite and I am now spending all of my days with him at the nursing home to keep him company while his guardian is overseas. This means I will be unable to have enough time to run any games for about the next month or so. I should be able to resume after that, so if you don't mind waiting then keep your characters and I will try to resume when my life goes back to normal. I am very sorry I am not able to continue running the game at this stage. I am able to play in the couple of games I am in because I can post for those while I am waiting to be allowed in to see my client, but I don't have time to be able to access my books when I am at home.

So I unfortunately, long story short, have to put the game on hiatus for three to four weeks. I will understand anyone who doesn't want to stick around, but if you do the game will resume soon.

Life happens, glad you're doing ok. I'm not going anywhere at least.

samduke
2023-09-12, 06:11 AM
take care

words because words are needed

DrK
2023-09-13, 09:26 AM
Not a worry. I understand life can get in the way. I’ve barely been online for PBP the last month due to work/ life stress

samduke
2023-09-13, 10:22 PM
maybe for the best this game die, as many had issues and running 2 pcs is a chore sometimes