PDA

View Full Version : Death-Slaves of Eternity - A Dungeon Crawl Classics Adventure OOC

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-24, 12:07 AM
This will be the out of character thread for the Death Slaves of Eternity game. For the sake of ease of play, I've included some rules that you may find helpful, as well as links to the Excel document where I will be keeping your character information.

The rules below are for your reference. You are not required to read them, though I do suggest doing so.

The action die is the die that your character rolls when they perform an action. All level 0 characters have an action die of 1d20. At higher levels the action die may become larger, or the PC may gain multiple action dice.

In DCC some circumstantial modifiers are represented by changing the size of the action die. There is a concept called the die chain, which works as follows:

d3 >> d4 >> d5 >> d6 >> d7 >> d8 >> d10 >> d12 >> d14 >> d16 >> d20 >> d24 >> d30.

If you are asked to modify the die up or down the die chain, start the count from what the usual die roll for that action would be. (The default is usually a d20).

Any PC may permanently reduce their luck score by any amount to add a corresponding bonus to any roll they make. You may choose to burn luck after you know whether the roll succeeded or failed. This has no effect on the bonus or malus granted by your starsign but will effect all other instances where luck is applied. Luck does not come back naturally, but at the GM's discretion each player might be awarded luck at the end of each adventure.

Characters who are Thieves or have the Halfling racial class have more ways that they can use luck, and if they burn luck it slowly regenerates.

Characters with a luck score of 0 are doomed. They will inevitably meet an unfortunate end sometime in the near future.

Level 0 PCs who reach 0 hit points are dead.

There is a chance of saving PCs of level 1 or higher when they hit 0 hit points. A PC with at least one class level beings bleeding out instead. A character spends a number of rounds bleeding out equal to their total class level. If they are healed during that time, they will survive, but they will permanently lose one point of stamina, and be forever marked by a terrible scar from the blow that downed them.

If a PC is not healed before they bleed out, but their allies are able to recover the body within one hour, the PC may still survive. That PC may make a luck check (roll a d20, if the result is less than the PC's luck score the check is a success). On a success, the PC was merely knocked out, but suffers a permanent -1 to a random physical ability score.

To make a melee weapon attack add your strength modifier, and any relevant bonuses or penalties, to the result of a roll of your action die. If this meets or exceeds the enemy's armor class, your attack hits. All hits do at least one point of damage. Your melee attack bonus for your level 0 weapon has been calculated for you.

To make a ranged weapon attack, add your agility modifier to your action die. There may be a modifier depending on your range, which is represented by three numbers, correlating to short/medium/long range.

The default is that there is no penalty for attacks in your short range (other than a -1 for shooting into melee), a -2 penalty for being in medium range, and moving one step down the die chain for long range shots. (Those penalties are not cumulative.)

When attempting to make a skill check the character rolls either a d20 or a d10 and adds any relevant modifiers. A character may use a d20 if they are trained.

Characters are trained in skills that their background logically supports. (You may make an argument to the GM as to why your character's background supports being trained in a skill). You are also trained in any activity that almost any adult would have a reasonable chance of accomplishing.

If you are not trained, roll with a d10 instead of a d20.

If your character would have had some exposure to the activity, but not much, then the GM may permit you to roll a d10 with a +2 bonus.

Skill checks are only made when there is uncertainty in whether the action will succeed or not.

When making an attack roll a result of a natural one is usually a fumble, and the highest result on the die is usually a critical hit.

All characters that fumble roll on a fumbles table, subtracting their luck modifier. The die used is based on the kind of armor the character is using. Characters with no armor use a d4.

A character that critically hits rolls on a critical hit table determined by their class and level. Level 0 characters use a d4 on the lowest table, adding their luck modifier.

Attempting to cast a spell, no matter how one attempts to do so, is a dangerous task. The prudent will not attempt this. If the situation comes up in the course of game play you will find out just what might happen when mortals attempt to bend the forces of reality themselves.

More information will be revealed once any PC takes a level in Wizard, Cleric, or Elf.

Character Sheets (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5dzNMT-BHkN6NYCf-1dTAzw3-saOPNqZNUvfeCn4ew/edit#gid=0)
GM dice rolls thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655144-Death-Slaves-of-Eternity-A-Dungeon-Crawl-Classics-Adventure-Dice-Rolls&p=25740538#post25740538) (players are encouraged to look, but not open spoiler boxes)
IC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655158-Death-Slaves-of-Eternity-In-Chracter&p=25740888#post25740888)

Gyrfalcon
2023-03-24, 01:50 AM
Hey everyone, let’s see how many characters survive the funnel! I’m not giving my lotus-addict high odds, 1HP is brutal at level 0.

Cavir
2023-03-24, 06:20 AM
Galen, Flora, and Cecil checking in.

Name: Galen Westley
Alignment: Lawful
Race: Human
Experience: 2

Hit Points: 2
Armor Class: 10
Movement Speed: 30

Strength: 7 (-1)
Agility: 5 (-2)
Constitution: 9 (+0)
Personality: 12 (+0)
Intelligence: 15 (+1)
Luck: 13 (+1)

Saving Throws
Fortitude: +0
Reflex: -2
Willpower: +0

Starsign: Fortunate Date (+1 to Missile Fire Attack Roles)

Weapon Attack: Longsword -1 1d8-1

Gear:
Longsword
Leather Armor (Armor check penalty of -1)
Backpack

Background:
Born to parents of no significance, Galen joined the city watch to gain experience and a profession. One night on patrol he gained an experience no one would wish for. It was a typical bar room brawl. Galen ended up tumbling down a stairway breaking his clavicle. It never healed right, severely hindering his combat prowess. He was assigned to an administrative position. Life was easier and his brains gave him success in his new position. Sabal-Ya's night out in the blackwarrens had all guards out on patrol, no exceptions. He, like many others, was innocent but in the wrong place at the wrong time. Galen does not believe in Servus Mortem and desires to escape. What happens if he does? Will he seek revenge on the Mad-Sultan and Holy Vizier? Will he escape the city to make his own path? Those are questions he does not ponder at this point. First, he needs to survive and escape.

Name: Flora Night AKA "Buttercup"
Alignment: Neutral
Race: Human
Experience: 0

Hit Points: 3
Armor Class: 9
Movement Speed: 30

Strength: 14 (+1)
Agility: 7 (-1)
Constitution: 8 (-1)
Personality: 12 (+0)
Intelligence: 9 (+0)
Luck: 12 (+0)

Saving Throws
Fortitude: -1
Reflex: -1
Willpower: -1

Starsign: The Bull (+0 to melee attack rolls)

Weapon Attack: Stiletto +1 1d4+1 Range 10/20/30 -1 1d4+1

Gear:
Stiletto
Cheap Perfume
Holy Symbol

Background:
Flora Night grew up in a small town a long way away from the Mad-Sultan's domain. She married a local and they worked their farmland to make a living. Just months after marrying, raiders pillaged the town. They killed her husband but kept her, expecting to get quite good coin from the city brothels for such a young attractive woman. The coin from Mama Xera was good for the raiders, but life for Flora became a living hell.

Within a month after capture Flora discovered she was pregnant. She knew for sure it belonged to her now dead beloved. Surprisingly she was allowed to keep the pregnancy. Flora discovered why shortly after Alicia was born. Mama Xera now had full leverage over Flora. Flora was given the nickname of Buttercup and trained in the pleasure arts. She learned that the quality ladies of the night had better fortunes, even given guards to ensure their safety from clients that would have otherwise damaged Xera's prized goods. For Alicia's sake Flora had to embrace her new profession and that she did well.

The night of the festivities, Buttercup was in the blackwarrens hoping for a chance to catch the prince's eye. She saw him, but was too far away to attract his attention but close enough to be sentenced to Servus Mortem. Her overwhelming drive is to survive, get back to Alicia, and make their escape from Mama Xera.

Name: Cecil Domerring
Alignment: Lawful
Race: Elf
Experience: 0

Hit Points: 2
Armor Class: 9
Movement Speed: 30 feet

Strength: 15 (+1)
Agility: 8 (-1)
Constitution: 11 (+0)
Personality: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 11 (+0)
Luck: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws
Fortitude: +0
Reflex: -1
Willpower: +1

Starsign: The Bull (+0 to melee attack rolls)

Racial Features:
Infravision 30 feet
Resistence (+2) to Magical Sleep and Paralysis

Iron Allergy

Weapon Attack: Putty Knife +1 1d4+1 Range 10/20/30 -1 1d4+1

Gear:
Putty Knife
Clay, 1 lbs.
Flint and Steel

Background:
Cecil completed his pottery apprenticeship and outlived his master, granting him the shop in the city and keeping the contacts with other virtuosos of various specialties. On the side he enjoyed music, especially singing and percussion. When sentenced to Servus Mortem he could not understand why. Knowing he should have an elven long natural lifespan, Cecil not just the sacred burial crypts, but escape from the Mad-Sultan’s insanity.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-24, 08:17 AM
Hi, reserving this post for later I got too many things for work this week

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25735882&postcount=15 (Characters-in-a-post)

Marlowe will speak in because he is a silvertoungued actor

Tzaras and Farxant will speak in because they are evil

Metastachydium
2023-03-24, 10:37 AM
Oh, and I'm here as well! Let's go kill some PCs!

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-24, 11:14 AM
I wish all your PC's the best of luck. They're going to need it . . .

The IC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655158-Death-Slaves-of-Eternity-In-Chracter&p=25740888#post25740888) is available.

As a note for the campaign, feel free to try anything you'd like. I can't guarantee success, but I will do my best to fairly adjudicate anything you attempt, whether it's provided for by the rules or not.

Metastachydium
2023-03-24, 07:01 PM
Sounds good! It's getting a bit late 'round these parts to make a big enough introductory post to meet my own weird standards, but expect me to post tomorrow.

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-25, 02:07 AM
Sounds good. I'll give us our first update as soon as everyone's posted once.

Cavir, do you want me to actually make an attack roll for your rock throw? There's always the chance you get lucky and knock one of them off the platform!

Cavir
2023-03-25, 02:23 PM
Cavir, do you want me to actually make an attack roll for your rock throw? There's always the chance you get lucky and knock one of them off the platform!
I think a fall would be more from them instinctively dodging something while standing too close to the edge rather than an upward thrown rock, but sure.

Guessing on the numbers, adjust as needed.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-26, 11:35 AM
I think a fall would be more from them instinctively dodging something while standing too close to the edge rather than an upward thrown rock, but sure.

Guessing on the numbers, adjust as needed.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

You would probably have had to critically hit to knock him down, but hey, there's always a chance.

I'm going to go ahead and post without Gyrfalcon for now. They can catch up when we hear from them again.

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-28, 11:22 AM
Checking in to see if everyone is still interested/wanting to play.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-28, 12:11 PM
I'll post this evening, I missed the IC thread update.

Gyrfalcon
2023-03-28, 01:54 PM
I’m back. I’ll have some busy days at the end of the week coming up, but after that I can post fairly consistently during the week.

Metastachydium
2023-03-28, 03:14 PM
I'm here, still eager to play, and I've only refrained from posting so far because I have noticed in myself an alarming tendency to spam posts in games at an alarming rate, which is something I'm trying to cut back on, especially now that I have three characters at once who can just talk among themesleves. I'll post soon.

Cavir
2023-03-28, 09:55 PM
Checking in to see if everyone is still interested/wanting to play.

Yup, just takes longer doing three at once in one game plus RL.

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-28, 11:14 PM
Yup, just takes longer doing three at once in one game plus RL.

That's very fair. Given the system, there's a good chance that won't be the case for too much longer . . .

I'm planning on updating at about 3:30 est tomorrow. Maybe a littler earlier if I can find time and everyone's posted.

((+1 Masterwork Death Mask for Cecil))

Cavir
2023-03-29, 05:47 AM
That's very fair. Given the system, there's a good chance that won't be the case for too much longer . . .
Don't get me wrong, not volunteering any red shirts!

+1 Masterwork Death Mask for Cecil
Is that +1 to AC?

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-29, 08:05 AM

Is that +1 to AC?

:P

Nope, sorry. I mean +1 as in one had been added to your inventory. It looks valuable though.

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-30, 11:16 AM
Auranghzeb, I skipped your post for this first round of combat as all your PCs were surprised. You may now take actions as normal.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-30, 11:53 AM
Yeah, sorry, I was having a hard time with Tzaras and Farxant... not sure what I wanted to post so the indecision grabbed me hard. This fight may either kill them or spur them back to life.

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-30, 12:47 PM
Yeah, sorry, I was having a hard time with Tzaras and Farxant... not sure what I wanted to post so the indecision grabbed me hard. This fight may either kill them or spur them back to life.

No worries.

For Tzaras, you can grab your belongs and unwrap them or stand, but not both.

Drawing a weapon usually doesn't take an action, but all your character's weapons and trade items are still wrapped in the oil cloth packages. Opening that and arming yourself does take a round.

For that reason Marlowe needs to move towards danger, and your other two PCs, if he wants to get his weapon, though he certainly can do so.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-30, 01:01 PM
Ok, so Tzaras will roll away and unwrap her weapons, remain in the ground.

Is there a femur lying around for Marlowe to use as an improvised weapon?

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-30, 01:03 PM
Absolutely. There's a horrid variety of gnawed bones scattered around the area.

Auranghzeb
2023-03-30, 01:21 PM
I guess a large human femur would work as well as a halfling sized prop sword, Updating my post It will mark the post as Dice cheating because I deleted Marlowe's roll... sigh...

Metastachydium
2023-03-31, 10:21 AM
Well, if I keep rolling like that, I won't have PCs for long! (Do tell if Lanit's or Usnar's round needs adjusting because they are trying to do too many things at once; in Lanit's case, transferring the food to Anak's care and doing her protective interposition takes precedence over swinging. If Usnar can't both get to Cecil and intimidate the masked ones, he does the latter.)

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-31, 10:32 AM
Lanit is fine. Usnar's actions work as well, though it's going to end up with the staff by Cecil's feet. (Who can pick it up as a free action.)

If it helps I can share my positioning map. It's exceptionally crude, but I've been using it to give me an idea of the relative positions of the characters. Note that it doesn't have the enemies on it. Any map gets a little overwhelming with 25+ combatants.

Metastachydium
2023-03-31, 11:05 AM
Lanit is fine. Usnar's actions work as well, though it's going to end up with the staff by Cecil's feet. (Who can pick it up as a free action.)

Great, thanks!

If it helps I can share my positioning map. It's exceptionally crude, but I've been using it to give me an idea of the relative positions of the characters. Note that it doesn't have the enemies on it. Any map gets a little overwhelming with 25+ combatants.

Duly noted! A map, however crude, would, in fact, be much appreciated regardless.

Lord Ruby34
2023-03-31, 03:38 PM
As promised, here's my terrible map. Be forewarned, I can't draw a circle or a straight line, and my handwriting is awful.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/8f47a824d08fa1a538c646d87f11bbe2/a023dc07c129fd3b-1a/s640x960/b6d390d5bb6762deff50ad760bb1bc2cad67bc4c.jpg

Metastachydium
2023-04-01, 10:38 AM
Oh, it more than works! Thank you! (And man, was I wrong about the assumed position of, like, everyone!)

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-01, 11:47 AM
Oh, it more than works! Thank you! (And man, was I wrong about the assumed position of, like, everyone!)

:smalltongue: I'll keep it updated, as long as no one expects my artistic skills to make a sudden improvement.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/459230018908717057/1091765390457184327/IMG_20230401_124518.jpg

Metastachydium
2023-04-01, 12:06 PM
Neat! (And the thing with "don't worry about U.'s actions"… You are a sneaky one!)

Questions: how many actions can a character take in a turn (can one, say, stand and attack in the same round)? Are AoOs a thing?

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-01, 12:32 PM
Neat! (And the thing with "don't worry about U.'s actions"… You are a sneaky one!)

Questions: how many actions can a character take in a turn (can one, say, stand and attack in the same round)? Are AoOs a thing?

:smalltongue:

A character can only take one action in a turn, though they may move freely throughout their action/turn. Higher level characters can take more actions. Attacks of Opportunity exist. The thieves don't seem to have been interested in taking theirs, for whatever reason.

Notably, Zacharias and Tzaraas are eligible to take AoO's should they wish to. Thanks for the reminder.

Metastachydium
2023-04-01, 02:11 PM
:smalltongue:

A character can only take one action in a turn, though they may move freely throughout their action/turn. Higher level characters can take more actions. Attacks of Opportunity exist. The thieves don't seem to have been interested in taking theirs, for whatever reason.

Copy that. Crawling dagger attack it is, then (Eye of the Cooooobra!).

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-01, 10:51 PM
Re-rolling Tzaras's attacks, as she is prone:

AoO: [roll0]

Attack for Turn: [roll1]

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-03, 06:45 PM
Map update, and Oliva fumble table

[roll0] it's a pretty comical miss.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/459230018908717057/1092595212754374726/IMG_20230403_194253.jpg

Auranghzeb
2023-04-03, 07:06 PM
That was brutal… now I’m scared

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-03, 10:01 PM
That was brutal… now I’m scared

It's dangerous to be level 0. Especially without armor or good weapons.

Gyrfalcon
2023-04-03, 11:20 PM
Which tunnel is he referring to, the one to the south?

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-03, 11:31 PM
There's a small tunnel to the northeast, previously hidden, but now revealed by the lantern. The thieves seem to be retreating towards it.

Cavir
2023-04-04, 06:06 AM

Apologies that the first round of real attacks ended up doubling up into your PC's. Unfortunate rolls, too.

How wrong I was! Not surprising though.

The retired guardsman makes to swing through the bars with his own blade, but at that exact moment the old injury flares up, twisting him in pain and causing him to fall into the gate
Hopefully Galen's blade "bounced" just right for Flora to grab it without suffering a similar fate. If it's pretty much death on being hit, might as well use up Luck. For future actions, is it possible to use Luck to avoid being hit? Then again, a permanent 1 for 1 reduction of luck for affecting a die roll is steep!

Gyrfalcon
2023-04-04, 06:15 AM
Luck mostly isn't worth burning from what I can tell. There are a few classes that can recover it, but otherwise if you're burning luck to avoid dying, you're only delaying the inevitable.

Zach is going to go with the thieves - unarmed and with his possessions looted, he'll take the chance offered, especially since otherwise he'll have to run through the chamber to the south tunnels and the enemies at the gate about to come through.

How do we feel about splitting the party? Because we're sort of spread through the chamber and the mouth of the south tunnel.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-04, 07:00 AM
If Farxant sees Zach and the thieves, he will follow. Marlowe is more heroic (though the only one I care about) and Tzaras will fight to a certain extent.

Metastachydium
2023-04-04, 07:50 AM
If Farxant sees Zach and the thieves, he will follow. Marlowe is more heroic (though the only one I care about) and Tzaras will fight to a certain extent.

Marlowe can do the heoric thing and follow the damsels in distress due south! That's an only mostly certain death, and he has an official invitation!

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-04, 09:10 AM
Hopefully Galen's blade "bounced" just right for Flora to grab it without suffering a similar fate. If it's pretty much death on being hit, might as well use up Luck. For future actions, is it possible to use Luck to avoid being hit? Then again, a permanent 1 for 1 reduction of luck for affecting a die roll is steep!

You can only use luck to effect your own rolls, for the most part. (The main exception is members of the halfling racial class.) As far as the sword goes, let's see where it lands! High rolls are more convenient.

[roll0]: Extremely unlucky. The sword has actually fallen through gate, and is under the monster's feet!

Luck mostly isn't worth burning from what I can tell. There are a few classes that can recover it, but otherwise if you're burning luck to avoid dying, you're only delaying the inevitable.

Zach is going to go with the thieves - unarmed and with his possessions looted, he'll take the chance offered, especially since otherwise he'll have to run through the chamber to the south tunnels and the enemies at the gate about to come through.

How do we feel about splitting the party? Because we're sort of spread through the chamber and the mouth of the south tunnel.

The GM can often offer a permanent bonus to luck at the end of an adventure, and I generally will for any adventure that was something other than trivial, so don't be a afraid to burn a point here or there if it's the difference between life and death.

I have no problem with DMing a split party.

Cavir
2023-04-05, 11:08 AM
Everyone gets +1 loaf of bread and a full wineskin. Your weapons and goods are in the oil-cloth packages by your feet.

Flora, you grab Galen's backpack and turn to run, stopping only long enough to pick up another wine skin and a loaf of bread without too much blood on it. ((+2 loaves of bread, +2 Full Wineskins, +1 Backpack))
Figured the bread and wineskin were both inside the oil-cloth package? Like a sack?

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-05, 11:58 AM
Figured the bread and wineskin were both inside the oil-cloth package? Like a sack?

The bread and wine were handed to you, outside the oil cloth wrap. Your weapon and trade goods were inside the bundle, think a small blanket wrapped a few times around your belongings.

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-05, 01:34 PM
Auranghzeb, which directions are Farxant and Tzaras going, the northern tunnel or the southern tunnels?

(Tzaras was still prone because she tried to attack and then stand up in the same turn, and both took an action.)

Metastachydium
2023-04-07, 12:18 PM
Lord DM, Sir: Usnar tried to reclaim his stuff (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25749286&postcount=27) (I also thought the oilcloth bundle held the food) before running for it, but none of it was put back on his sheet. Is there a particular reason while he failed?

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-07, 12:31 PM
Lord DM, Sir: Usnar tried to reclaim his stuff (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25749286&postcount=27) (I also thought the oilcloth bundle held the food) before running for it, but none of it was put back on his sheet. Is there a particular reason while he failed?

Yes. I failed to read that sentence, obviously. :smalltongue: Added back to his sheet.

Metastachydium
2023-04-07, 12:39 PM
Yes. I failed to read that sentence, obviously. :smalltongue:

Given time, I'm sure we'll cull our numbers to a reasonable and easier overseen figure!

Added back to his sheet.

Thanks!

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-10, 09:42 PM
I'm going to update IC between 3-4 EST tomorrow, to make sure everyone has a chance to post anything they'd like to before I move the plot forward a bit.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-11, 02:00 PM
Sorry, been tangled with work. I can't really post before 4pm. Excuse me this time.

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-11, 03:31 PM
Sorry, been tangled with work. I can't really post before 4pm. Excuse me this time.

I had the same thing happen. Work held me longer than I had anticipated today..

Metastachydium
2023-04-13, 01:40 PM
(1. I didn't miss Olivia's suggestion about backtracking; it's just that the twins would really rather not hurry to do that.
2. DM: It's Anak who's doing the mental map, not Lanit. I know their being this gestalt entity is a real mess; sorry about that.)

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-13, 02:29 PM
(1. I didn't miss Olivia's suggestion about backtracking; it's just that the twins would really rather not hurry to do that.
2. DM: It's Anak who's doing the mental map, not Lanit. I know their being this gestalt entity is a real mess; sorry about that.)

Gotcha. I think I used Anak's intelligence modifier and wrote Lanit.

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-17, 10:21 AM
I meant to say this after your first encounter, but I wanted to commend you guys on doing a good job keeping your PC's safe. The last time I ran this the group started with 18 PCs, and lost eight in that room.

Gyrfalcon
2023-04-18, 02:48 PM
Hey, sorry to say this, but I'm just not getting into the system or my characters. I'm going to bow out - feel free to take over my characters and play them as people see fit, or run them as handy meat shields/NPCs.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-18, 05:19 PM
I was unsuscribed from threads... posting tonight.

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-18, 06:35 PM
Hey, sorry to say this, but I'm just not getting into the system or my characters. I'm going to bow out - feel free to take over my characters and play them as people see fit, or run them as handy meat shields/NPCs.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know I'll miss playing with you.

Everyone else, would you like to continue with three players and myself? And is there anyone who would like to do something in particular with Gyrfalcon's characters?

Metastachydium
2023-04-19, 10:52 AM

That's a bummer, but it happens.

Everyone else, would you like to continue with three players and myself?

Well, I still have three perfectly good and yet unkilled PCs. Still in.

And is there anyone who would like to do something in particular with Gyrfalcon's characters?

I think it wouldn't be unbecoming to offer Cavir first picking rights.

Cavir
2023-04-21, 05:52 AM
I meant to say this after your first encounter, but I wanted to commend you guys on doing a good job keeping your PC's safe. The last time I ran this the group started with 18 PCs, and lost eight in that room.
They still did better than me! LOL

I think it wouldn't be unbecoming to offer Cavir first picking rights.
Thanks. If choosing, I'll go with Meriam. Might be worth a round of PMs to know what they knew back when the stars were still ours to see.

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-21, 01:21 PM
Gotcha. We'll continue, then. Cavir, Meriam is yours. I'll PM you here in a moment.

If no one else wants to do anything with Gyrfalcon's remaining PCs, then I'll turn them into NPCs for you.

EDIT: For what it's worth, Cavir, your PCs blocking the gate probably saved a great many lives in that room.

Metastachydium
2023-04-22, 10:51 AM
They still did better than me! LOL

Well, technically, with six players and eight dead, someone had to do worse or two someones had to suffer the same rate of attrition.

Metastachydium
2023-04-28, 11:48 AM
So… Anybody home? I know Auranghzeb is busy through the weekend. Are we waiting for him?

Lord Ruby34
2023-04-28, 05:09 PM
I don't have a specific posting order planned. I do apologize for not poking people. I've been a bit busy this week, or I would have prodded things along before this.

If no one has anything they would like to post I can go ahead an move us along further, but I think I'm waiting on actions from all of you.

Metastachydium
2023-04-29, 06:55 AM
all of you.

Talk about awkward! The twins have nothing much to say or do and are basically waiting to see if the others will loot the mummies in their stead, but I'll post for Usnar.

Lord Ruby34
2023-05-11, 12:30 AM
I'm going to officially call this dead due to lack of interest. It was a pleasure to play as much as I did with each of you.

Metastachydium
2023-05-11, 04:32 AM
And now I'm sad. It was much fun while it lasted, and you did some excellent DMing there!