PDA

View Full Version : Voldemort vs. Darth Vader

Eerie
2007-12-04, 05:17 PM
Epic battle of munchkins on somewhat smaller scale. The Sith against the Death Eaters! Who wins?

Yes, it looks like Voldemort has an advantage. But don`t underestimate the power of the Dark Side! Voldemort can`t strangle people with his mind alone, and I don`t doubt lightsabers can stop spells...

And if we take the armies in consideration... Well, the Empire can destroy the Earth. It probably won`t kill wizards who can teleport anywhere at will, but It will upset them royally, I`m pretty sure of it...

EvilElitest
2007-12-04, 05:55 PM
Voldemort, one hit kill, this isn't even a challenge
please people, vs. threads are great, but they have to be interesting, not redundent
from,
EE

turkishproverb
2007-12-04, 07:11 PM
Voldemort, one hit kill, this isn't even a challenge
please people, vs. threads are great, but they have to be interesting, not redundent
from,
EE

I don't know, A: he has to hit.

B: Vaders really really good at the whole deflect thing

C: Vader is more machine than man, who's to say the kill spell would hit anything that was really alive? Even if voldy fries vaders arm, he'll know to start force-throwing things at him at that point, and sheilding.

Voldy would probably win, but I think Vader would prove at least annoying if he didn't get taken out by the first hit.

Tar Palantir
2007-12-04, 07:20 PM
C'mon, Vader's got at least a fighting chance. It's been shown that killing curses can be dodged and/or blocked by objects in the way, and Vader has all of the precognitive powers of the Force to guide his dodges. One little Force pull to take the wand, and Voldemort now has six or seven body parts to go with his Horcruxes.

Keris
2007-12-04, 08:01 PM
I think I remember seing this Vs a while a go...
From what I gathered, unless Voldemort is really quick off the mark with the killing curse, Vader wins.
Vader has Force boosted reflexes to dodge with, robo-arms to absorb the spell and a lightsaber that he might be able to block with. Combine that with a Force Choke 'mute', a Force Yoink disarm and an army of Stormtroopers to take out/occupy Death Eaters or track down horcruxes, and Vader's got a clear advantage.

DraPrime
2007-12-04, 08:17 PM
This all really depends on whether lightsabers can deflect spells. If not, then Darth Vader is screwed. If they can, then Voldemort has a small chance at losing. Seriously, Voldemort just says six syllables and Darth Vader drops dead.

turkishproverb
2007-12-04, 08:31 PM
This all really depends on whether lightsabers can deflect spells. If not, then Darth Vader is screwed. If they can, then Voldemort has a small chance at losing. Seriously, Voldemort just says six syllables and Darth Vader drops dead.

force choke. He's not talking to anyone.

Tyrant
2007-12-04, 08:37 PM
force choke. He's not talking to anyone.

If vader realises that is the source of the problem, instead of just choking him as a reaction/opening move, I think he will go with the more permanent Force windpipe crush. Just in case.

Keris
2007-12-04, 08:44 PM
As some spells only need to be subvocalised, that may not stop Voldemort. Which is where Force Yoink comes in. Voldemort pulls out wand, Vader yanks it out of his hand assuming it to be a lightsaber, Voldemort's screwed. For all his power, without a magic piece of wood, he's useless.

Setra
2007-12-04, 08:54 PM
This was done before, Voldemort lost.

Vader has enhanced senses, and he'll go first probably.

From there, Windpipe crush, or Jedi yoink, and he wins.

sun_tzu
2007-12-05, 01:20 AM
It depends on the distance between them.
Too close, and Vader cuts Voldemort down, what with being substantially faster.
Too far, and Voldemort aveda kedvras him. No reason lightsabers would stop spells. No reason being half-machine would protect Vader's organic parts.

Artemician
2007-12-05, 01:23 AM
This is like one of them Olde Wild West duels. Whoever gets his right arm out first wins. Voldemort has no defence against Force Chokes, and Vader will have difficulty dodging Avada Kedavra.

I'd toss a coin, if it were up to me.

Talkkno
2007-12-05, 01:27 AM
Too far, and Voldemort aveda kedvras him. No reason lightsabers would stop spells. No reason being half-machine would protect Vader's organic parts.

Problem, Jedi can deflect/dodge bullets using precon, and spells move much slower then bullets.

Setra
2007-12-05, 01:48 AM
This is like one of them Olde Wild West duels. Whoever gets his right arm out first wins. Voldemort has no defence against Force Chokes, and Vader will have difficulty dodging Avada Kedavra.

I'd toss a coin, if it were up to me.
But Vader has some form of precognition, Jedi sense or whatever. Not to mention he is in very good physical condition.

This gives him an advantage in going first.

averagejoe
2007-12-05, 02:13 AM
My opinion has not changed since the last time this was brought up. Vader has the James Earl Jones voice, and has the awsome black mask. Voldemort is a sickly, pasty faced wizard. Cinematically Vader has to win.

starwoof
2007-12-05, 02:19 AM
Ok seriously... if a teenage boy and his friends can beat Voldemort multiple times, he dosn't stand even a ghost of a chance at Vader. :smalltongue:

I have not read book seven so I'm making some assumptions, probably.

kpenguin
2007-12-05, 02:28 AM

Actually, too far and Vader wins. Vader can choke people on the decks of other Star Destroyers. He has a range advantage if he can see Voldy.

turkishproverb
2007-12-05, 02:47 AM
Actually, too far and Vader wins. Vader can choke people on the decks of other Star Destroyers. He has a range advantage if he can see Voldy.

Or even see an IMAGE of what voldy is doing.

factotum
2007-12-05, 03:01 AM
Didn't we have one of these threads a couple of weeks ago already?

Paragon Badger
2007-12-05, 03:19 AM
Anakin was Darth Vader before he got half his body burned up, you know. :smalltongue:

If we count young Vader, Voldemort would be sliced in half before he could utter a single word. Seriously, he could jump like 50 yards horizontally.

As for old man Vader... it'll be based on luck.

sun_tzu
2007-12-05, 03:25 AM

Choking people takes more time than pointing a wand.

kabbes
2007-12-05, 05:25 AM
Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to wave a wand around is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Setra
2007-12-05, 05:48 AM
Choking people takes more time than pointing a wand.
Not really

It's 'Raise hand and pinch'

Versus 'Grab wand, raise, do motions'

Winterwind
2007-12-05, 05:53 AM
Now I know I have been around in these forums for a long time. I remember, back when I joined, exactly the same topic was being currently discussed.
*sigh*
I'm finally a veteran! :smallsmile:

...wait, what was the question?

Oh yeah.

Well, I'll side with Vader on this one. I am by no means one of those people who condemn Harry Potter, or think Voldemort is a lame villain, or any of that kind, but fighting with spells which can be avoided by fast movement against an opponent who basically knows what you are about to do before you know it yourself? Nah, that just won't work out.

Rutee
2007-12-05, 05:54 AM
WEll, the death part takes longer. The trick is whether Voldemort can muster himself to move while being choked. It's.. not physically impossible, of course, but if it's his first time really being roughed up? I think he's going to have some difficulty managing to force his body to stop any instinctual grabbing of the invisible arm choking him and casting.

Now, if this is perma death? I dunno if Force Lightning or Lightsabers are enough to zap a Horcrux. Then again, a Silver Sword was, so.. hm...

Assuming that Vader can't dodge... I mean, Voldemort's a human. Force Precognition plus slow-as-putzola spells (Ordinary teenagers can physically dodge these spells, people; They're maybe Dodge-ball or baseball speed) and then Ginsu, anyway. But.. if he can't destroy the Horcruxes, Voldemort kinda wins by default, doesn't he? VAder's not immortal; Wait him out. >.>

Setra
2007-12-05, 05:59 AM
If you have to wait 14 years before you can fight again, it counts as a "Win".

Besides, the Force could likely destroy the horcruxes.. or, if need be, Death Star.

Rutee
2007-12-05, 06:09 AM
Technically, any approach to the battle is legal. I think Vader would win, don't get me wrong, but Voldemort, if he flees immediately and continues doing it, if the Horcruxes can't be destroyed by Voldemort, Voldemort will win by default. Vader has to fall apart some day. And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Horcruxes need magic to be destroyed..

That said? Godric Gryffindor's sword and the Basilisk Fang both destroy Horcruxes. Now, I could buy Gryffindor's Sword being magical, given who it belong to. But the Fang? I.. don't really think that's very magical.

So to reiterate my position: If Vader can destroy a Horcrux, and he probably can, Win: Vader. If not, Voldemort. Because some villains have the foresight to create phylacterries.

Ossian
2007-12-05, 06:17 AM
[looks at the title and does the Charlton Eston at the end of planet of the apes]

OH NOOOOOO!!!!You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh, now, seriously, Voldemort was an enjoyable villain, but he called himself the Dark Lord (so much ego). Vader WAS the Dark Lord. he was the babau and the boogeyman for countless star systems. Voldemort didn't go through galaxy wide purges against the best warriors ever (jedis on the run) all by himself. I give Vold. a chance only because Vader is torso man, and he could try to jam his breather with an electric joilt of some kind (if he gets to know that Vader lives because of the machines).
Never tested AK on a cyber-limb, but it may well not work. Still, a lightsaber could withstand a force lightning at point blank, other than deflecting extra extra extra extra powerful and fast blaster shots.

So, yeah, Vold. could just aim for the torso and head, with AK or electricity, provided Vader lets him do it AND does not deflect it with the lightsaber (maybe it wasn't ignited). Perhaps the choke isn't quick enough as to bar an expert necromancer from completing the spell...If that fails, it's going to end more like this.

While V's airway gets obstructed (and or his heart squeezed), a nice telekinetic pull and "presto!" the wand is in Vader's hand.

End of force choke.

Vold's face is just dibelief

"SNAP!" noise of wand cracked in Vader's hand

Vold's wrath for that outrageous gesture makes him react quickly with a spell, even without a wand, perhaps, so...obidaaayy!namooora!seesk..

Force Slamm and Vold flyes to end of the hallway and bounces back. Vader makes some small pieces of furniture (If available) rain on him, just to disorientate him and prevent him from teleporting away. Steps forward towards Vold.

[SSSSSSSNAPPHISSSSS] Ignites lightsaber

Vader cuts Voldemort in many chunks.

Now, as far as I can recall, esp. from EU, the years of Vader's purge were a constant hunt for force users. The worst to hunt down were the jedis, as they were armed with lightsabers, trained in the force like him, and knew his tricks. For them, stormtroopers proved a handy backup force. Still, there have been many other force users, trained in other traditions, especially on backwater worlds, that were meant to either be recruited by the Emperor, and become his Dark Side minions, or die (at Vader's hand). Those were considered little mora than sorceres, that equated the Force to magic, and gathered it through formulas and talismans (just like Vold). Some of them were enough of a challenge for Vader, but none made it past his visit without being subdued...or killed.

That is, assuming the usual pit-arena.

At longer range, Vader wins without breaking a sweat. Just scry on Voldemort and force choke him to death. Death Eaters....possibly a bit molre dangerous. After all..they are Dark Side spirits. But V. can still deal with them. Unless he just zeroes in on England with the batteries of the Executor. Good luck with teleporting anywhere safe outside Earth.

O.

PS
The spell was from Never Winter Nights, by the way...

Rutee
2007-12-05, 06:27 AM
Now wait. Vader can't Scry accurately. If he could, he wouldn't need to send out probe droids across the galaxy. He gets the same disjointed, vastly unhelpful clairvoyance every other Jedi gets. Also, the EU is not very canon (Apparently Lucas was quite willing to make money off these people, but not quite up to the task of weaving them into his narrative); Granted that that doesn't really contradict the real canon, just.. not very good to bring it up.

Hadn't thought of that though; Just roast the planet and- Wait, no, that comes back tot he Horcrux problem, don't it? Though if you fry him in those blasts, then yeah, that's a win for Vader.. so yeah, Vader :P

SmartAlec
2007-12-05, 06:35 AM
If the only way you can beat an opponent is by hiding and hoping they die of old age before you do, does that count as a ring-out?

Lord_Kimboat
2007-12-05, 06:56 AM
Actually this is an interesting one. Especially since Vader would have to win several times . . . you just can't keep Voldi down! However, despite death spells, revivification, etc., I actually still give this one to Vader since he's got an even bigger power behind him - The Emperor! Not to forget of course, the endless legions of stormtroopers. Now each stormtrooper might just be a quick kill for a true Deatheater but there's like thousands of them and despite the lack of blaster training, they've got to hit sometime!

Plus, Vader gets better lines and the whole breathing thing is really even a little more spooky than where Voldemort's nose got to.

Me, I got $10 on Vader.

Setra
2007-12-05, 07:10 AM
they've got to hit sometime!
Against non-heroes they're very effective.

turkishproverb
2007-12-05, 12:10 PM
Against non-heroes they're very effective.

thank you.

The only reason stormtroopers look bad is because of plot sheilding.

EvilElitest
2007-12-05, 01:08 PM
My opinion has not changed since the last time this was brought up. Vader has the James Earl Jones voice, and has the awsome black mask. Voldemort is a sickly, pasty faced wizard. Cinematically Vader has to win.

touche
from,
EE

Jayngfet
2007-12-05, 04:10 PM
thank you.

The only reason stormtroopers look bad is because of plot sheilding.

these shoots are too random for a stormtrooper.

he called it sandpeople, who can hit a full speed podracer while stormtroopers cant hit luke from 6 feet away, hell even chewbacca

Arakune
2007-12-05, 04:25 PM
Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to wave a wand around is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Okay, now I'm sigg'n it!

Mr. Mud
2007-12-05, 04:30 PM
Meh, the whole DEATH STAR and MIND POWERS thing kind of Vader the major edge...

On the other hand Voldemort can kill a person with 2 words, and not lose a wink of sleep over it.

Another fights where, whoever gets the first hit wins.

Winterwind
2007-12-05, 06:55 PM
Another fights where, whoever gets the first hit wins.Just my thought. And since only one of the two contestants has improved reflexes... :smallwink:

Archangel Yuki
2007-12-05, 07:30 PM
The ability to poke holes in things is amazing.

Choke and Muting

Ok, non-verbal spell. I live long enough to use Crucio so you cannot concentrate on your force powers.
Next.

Force Pull
Woo, another wand. He might have to have a dominated wand, but nonehteless, it is still effective.
Besides, the Expellarimus curse can do the same thing to Vader.
Next.

Deflect/Dodge

Deflect is touchy. We don't know when it comes to effectiveness on stopping magic.

Dodge. Old, half mechanical guy versus spells. Oh yeah this looks good. Precognition? Ok, me and my couple of Death Eaters all decide to screw him up. With 3 Death Eaters, I know I can kill Vader before he kills us all.

So, I request that you alter your thinking. Stop relying on the killing curse.
Use a non-verbal Crucio curse. Congradulations. Crucio does not produce a bolt, it merely produces an effect, almost like force choke. I have now severly crippled Vader, as I have just basically forced him to relive the agony that he was in when his body was partially destroyed.

Another theory: The dominating curse. Give me 30 death eaters, and with teleportation and enough time, I can have control of any of the storm troopers in the death star. Fight Vader? Why, when I can just order my dominated Storm Trooper to go shoot or implode the core of his little death star.
Considering that there is never an upper limit listed for this curse, I will have each Death Eater control 2, with 2 for myself. Woo, we now have 62 guys. We just screw the Death Star all up. Alternitivly, I have my little pawns take a Porkey to the main core of the death star, and I come and screw it up myself.

turkishproverb
2007-12-05, 08:49 PM
he called it sandpeople, who can hit a full speed podracer while stormtroopers cant hit luke from 6 feet away, hell even chewbacca

No, he called it stormtroopers. "And these blast points, To accurate for a sand person, only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

And Luke and Chewbacca have plot shielding. Thank you for proving my point. They don't kill characters protected for the purpose of the plot.

Talkkno
2007-12-06, 12:04 AM
Stuff...

You know, if you get Death Eaters, then I get to get a Death Star to blow Earth to bits. Or even a Star Destroyer is good enough for these purposes. Besides, for the "No EU" people it is still canon per Lucasfilm, so unless it speficilly points out is noncanon or directly condricts the movies. Also, you cant apperate unless you have a good idea of what you are teleporting to. And how are they going to hit Vader, when a failed Jedi pawadan who was regulated to be a farmer, could deflect and dodge blasters bolts, Vader being the Lord of the Sith, it stands to reason he should be at least good enough to dodge bullets. Seeing spells are much slower the bullets...

Archangel Yuki
2007-12-06, 10:52 AM
You know, if you get Death Eaters, then I get to get a Death Star to blow Earth to bits. Or even a Star Destroyer is good enough for these purposes. Besides, for the "No EU" people it is still canon per Lucasfilm, so unless it speficilly points out is noncanon or directly condricts the movies. Also, you cant apperate unless you have a good idea of what you are teleporting to. And how are they going to hit Vader, when a failed Jedi pawadan who was regulated to be a farmer, could deflect and dodge blasters bolts, Vader being the Lord of the Sith, it stands to reason he should be at least good enough to dodge bullets. Seeing spells are much slower the bullets...

Ok, then if you get teh death star, i get Polyjuice potions.

Plus potions of luck. For those of you that have read 7, you know what i am talking about. The potion of luck makes it that for an entire day, I can do nothing wrong. I succeed in everything I do.
Apperate by Darth Vader, AK or Crucio. The potion tells me when and where to fire so i always hit and i am told when to do it. Question?
Next.

Winterwind
2007-12-06, 11:35 AM
Hmmm, okay, I did not take the luck potions into account.

Considering they help you do instinctively just what you should do in order to succeed, they are sort of comparable in function to the Force. Of which Darth Vader remains the master, but still.

Yeah, with these, I might see Voldemort having a slight chance.

Arakune
2007-12-06, 12:41 PM
The cooler one wins, hence Darth Vather wins.

Come on, it's Darth Vather!

stcfg
2007-12-06, 01:15 PM
Isn't Crucio a verbal curse? I only checked wikipedia and it says Crucio is not a nonverbal curse (darn double negatives).
If you can give a more authoritative source like a book and page number, I'll believe you but until then I'd rather take the word of wikipedia.

Also vader strikes me as the kind of guy that would reflexively force choke gets to close to him without his permission.

Mando Knight
2007-12-06, 03:00 PM
With all equipment: Vader uses Death Squadron to Base Delta Zero Earth. Horcruxes? What good is a magic talisman if the entire planet is pounded into molten slag?

Without Death Squadron, and with all Horcruxes or on Voldemort's person so that it's a one on one duel to the death...

Vader and Voldemort meet. They each detect the other's power. They start trying to talk the other down, then switch to weapons. As soon as Vader realizes that Voldy wants to kill him, he crushes Voldy's throat, with nary a motion. Voldemort can't cast the Cruciatus Curse when he can't even breathe... when was the last time you concentrated on something as intricate as a death spell while being choked to death? Vader snaps Voldemort's throat, Voldy semi-dies, then assuming Vader knows about the Horcruxes, he quickly disposes of them before they can revive his foe. A weapon of pure energy should surely be able to destroy a magical talisman, but if that doesn't work, he can always use starships and the Force to move the Horcruxes into the middle of the sun... 5 million Kelvins at the sun's corona is kind of deadly, don't you think? If Fiendfyre can destroy a Horcrux, why not a constant state of flaming death?

Character-wise? Vader's the original Star Wars's anti-hero. He starts out as a hero, kills bad things, becomes bad, kills good things, saves his only son from certain death, becoming good again in the process, and then reappears alongside the ghosts of his son's mentors at the victory party. Essentially, since he's the one who has to set things right, he has to survive until he fulfills his destiny.

Voldemort? He's a grumpy cliche villain, sniveling behind incompetent lackeys--he doesn't even kill Dumbledore himself, but rather depends on a triple agent to do it for him, then kills the agent! He can't even kill a teenager properly, locked in one on one combat with him in peak condition and the teen tired and bleeding!

Furthermore, Vader's capable of destroying beings that are faster and stronger than any human, and he can do it in two on one combat--Vader's disadvantage.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-12-06, 05:32 PM
Now wait. Vader can't Scry accurately. If he could, he wouldn't need to send out probe droids across the galaxy. He gets the same disjointed, vastly unhelpful clairvoyance every other Jedi gets. Also, the EU is not very canon (Apparently Lucas was quite willing to make money off these people, but not quite up to the task of weaving them into his narrative); Granted that that doesn't really contradict the real canon, just.. not very good to bring it up.

Hadn't thought of that though; Just roast the planet and- Wait, no, that comes back tot he Horcrux problem, don't it? Though if you fry him in those blasts, then yeah, that's a win for Vader.. so yeah, Vader :P

Remember, Vader can sense the presence of another force-user from a fairly long way away (he knew that Obi-Wan was on the Death Star), so I imagine he'll know if a powerful wizard is nearby.

Ok, then if you get teh death star, i get Polyjuice potions.

Plus potions of luck. For those of you that have read 7, you know what i am talking about. The potion of luck makes it that for an entire day, I can do nothing wrong. I succeed in everything I do.
Apperate by Darth Vader, AK or Crucio. The potion tells me when and where to fire so i always hit and i am told when to do it. Question?
Next.

*drink Potion of Luck*

*divide by zero*

*OH SH-*

Rutee
2007-12-06, 05:35 PM
Remember, Vader can sense the presence of another force-user from a fairly long way away (he knew that Obi-Wan was on the Death Star), so I imagine he'll know if a powerful wizard is nearby.
Wizards are force users? Explain the logic underlying that conclusion..

Illiterate Scribe
2007-12-06, 05:39 PM
Wizards are force users? Explain the logic underlying that conclusion..

Well, we already have one non-energy conserving system of supernatural effects that make no sense, why needlessly multiply them? :smalltongue:

Also, all humans have a force effect (I think), so a very powerful one will have a big effect, even if they aren't a force-user.

Rutee
2007-12-06, 05:41 PM
This is true; However, there's no reason to believe Magic directly creates a Force Effect that can be detectable over long distances.

Ossian
2007-12-06, 05:50 PM
Force Lightning isn't technological, it's "The force". So, not too far from magic (for me it's even the same district). So, yes, i suppose that i yoda could stop Palaptine's blast at point blank and bounce it back at him with his bare hands, there is a good chance that Vader can block a shiny green AK bolt with his saber. Never touch it with your own (if prosthetic) hand till you know what it is and what it does exactly.

Plus, Vader is...23+19...42 by the time of a New Hope and maybe 45 by the time of ROTJ. Not that old, and with 20 years of Jedi hunting.

Other factor: rage. While Voldemort seems to use his own fury to boost his attacks to some extent, I do also see Vader mastering it quite better. That is, Dark Side rage could really achieve impressive results.

I'd say that to be a fair fight, this should be without equipment other than personal belongings, so saber and wand, and no vehicles or minions (or it will be 12 death eaters and a bunch of dementors Vs many billions of faithful and heavily armed fanatics on capital sized starhips, if not Palpatine himself).

To make it even better, please let's take a Voldemort "as if played as a PC by a good D&D player". And not as the cliché Evil Overlord we saw\read of.
Even this way, I can't get myself to go past the scene when V and Harry are finishing the "Magic Duel" at the end of the Goblet of Fire. My goodness, V was winning, and enjoying it, but he wasn't exactly crushing harry's bones to ashes. And it's a bleeding emo teenager with NO bloodlust we're dealing with.

Remember also that Vader is "The Chosen One", a title which in HP belongs to Harry himself. Vader is supposed to be the "most GIFTED force user" the galaxy has ever known. Not the most powerful, since he was badly maimed, but still the one with the greates potential. He force pushed objects many times his weight with but a wink, flinging them several yards away.

O.

MythAdvocate
2007-12-06, 06:02 PM
Yessss, the nerd is rising within me...

Voldemort has a lot of powerful effects up his sleave. But of course wizards in the Potterverse underestimate muggles regularly, so the sheer power of Imperial weapons would cut down on the competition pretty fast.

Assasin droids vs wizards would be interesting. They're not magical in nature, but they sure can throw out some hurting!

Also, can a wizard deflect plasma bolts if they arent created via magic? Would they know to do so?

Talkkno
2007-12-06, 08:30 PM
I would just to note in Darksaber(Bad book, I know, but i liked it when i read it, when i was about 8....:D) A bunch of padawans force pushed at least 20 star destroyers several light years, severely damaging them, granted it nearly killed most of them and actually did kill one in the effort....

Archangel Yuki
2007-12-06, 09:32 PM
Really quickly, we need to clarify something.

1) Can a Lightsaber stop a spell?

2) Can a Shielding spell stop the force?

It really comes down the these.
This is assuming a 1 on 1 fight bewteen Voldemort and Vader
If 1 is true, while 2 is not, the V is screwed. If 2 is right, but 1 is not, than Vader is screwed. If both are true, then we have a rather even fight. Your force is useless when used directly against me, and my maagic is useless when used directly against you. Then it comes down to ingenius of the fighters. While I have been rooting for Voldemort, if it came down to a pure one on one battle, and both 1 and 2 are true, I believe th outcome would be in Vaders favor. Unless Voldemore has a luck potion, in which case, i dont know.

Foeofthelance
2007-12-06, 09:37 PM
Didn't we already do this one? I swear we already did this one...

MythAdvocate
2007-12-07, 08:27 AM
Now the Emperor vs Voldemort, now THAT would be a throw-down...

Nailing Voldemorts wand early on in a fight would cramp his style. Vader is physically more powerful, and doesn't need a wand. And lets not forget good old fashioned hand-to-hand.

lipe44
2007-12-07, 10:48 AM
Darth Vader: "Voldy, I... am... Your... FATHER."

Voldemort: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

SpoonlessJedi
2007-12-07, 09:31 PM
Godric Gryffindor's sword and the Basilisk Fang both destroy Horcruxes. Now, I could buy Gryffindor's Sword being magical, given who it belong to. But the Fang? I.. don't really think that's very magical.

Both the sword and the fang were imbued with basilisk venom, which in itself was magical enough to destroy the soul embedded in the object. We also saw that the magical Dark fire-stuff that Crabbe/Goyle (can't remember which) uses to destroy the Room of Requirement is also magical enough to destroy Horcruxes (the diadem).

So unless Vader takes a crash course in advanced Dark Arts, all the Force in the world isn't going to destroy Voldemort's soul, and over time, You-Know-Who will prevail.

Talkkno
2007-12-07, 10:00 PM
So unless Vader takes a crash course in advanced Dark Arts, all the Force in the world isn't going to destroy Voldemort's soul, and over time, You-Know-Who will prevail.

So he's just going to respawn in a empty of void of space, besides, the force can do far more powerful then magic can, as there have instances where the force has been ripped from a individual's body, I'm pretty sure thats a close enough analog.

Rutee
2007-12-08, 01:42 AM
Both the sword and the fang were imbued with basilisk venom, which in itself was magical enough to destroy the soul embedded in the object. We also saw that the magical Dark fire-stuff that Crabbe/Goyle (can't remember which) uses to destroy the Room of Requirement is also magical enough to destroy Horcruxes (the diadem).
Basilisk venom is poison, plain and simple. If being from a 'magical creature' qualifies it, Force Lightning probably applies in equal segments.

It really comes down the these.
This is assuming a 1 on 1 fight bewteen Voldemort and Vader
If 1 is true, while 2 is not, the V is screwed. If 2 is right, but 1 is not, than Vader is screwed. If both are true, then we have a rather even fight. Your force is useless when used directly against me, and my maagic is useless when used directly against you. Then it comes down to ingenius of the fighters. While I have been rooting for Voldemort, if it came down to a pure one on one battle, and both 1 and 2 are true, I believe th outcome would be in Vaders favor. Unless Voldemore has a luck potion, in which case, i dont know.
Honestly? If Luck Potions are that hot, Voldemort must be carrying an enormous (and nigh-undefeatable) idiot ball to not be preparing one for every encounter ever.

Now, I don't think they really interact, personally... but Anakin seems to be the more inventive and agile fighter. Granted, VAder by the time of his evilness may have lost some of his agility..

Archangel Yuki
2007-12-08, 03:39 PM
Honestly? If Luck Potions are that hot, Voldemort must be carrying an enormous (and nigh-undefeatable) idiot ball to not be preparing one for every encounter ever.

They are hot, but a large effort is required to make one. However, when taken before a battle in the book, the effect is described as "All the spells just seemed to miss or bounce off of us.."
They go through a huge fight without getting touched.

Still, it comes down to what I posted earlier: Magic and lightsabers.

RyQ_TMC
2007-12-08, 03:52 PM
Voldemort doesn't have James Earl Jones's voice.

'Nuff said.

lipe44
2007-12-08, 04:48 PM
I am sad no one commented about my post...

turkishproverb
2007-12-08, 08:42 PM
Darth Vader: "Voldy, I... am... Your... FATHER."

Voldemort: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

This post? Why comment?

Voldy's obviously mad his daddy turned out to be a muggle-jedi.

lipe44
2007-12-08, 08:52 PM
This post? Why comment?

Voldy's obviously bad his daddy turned otu to be a muggle-jedi.

You just did... And that sounds strange...

turkishproverb
2007-12-09, 06:59 PM
You just did... And that sounds strange...

Yea, my bad. Edited some typos, that help?

lipe44
2007-12-09, 10:07 PM
Yea, my bad. Edited some typos, that help?

Now its correct but still strange... A muggle-jedi...

turkishproverb
2007-12-09, 11:15 PM
Now its correct but still strange... A muggle-jedi...

if your not a wizard, your a muggle. so jedi are a subset of muggles.

Ossian
2007-12-10, 05:18 AM
Sorry for my SW rpg language, it's just so handy.
Now, I've really tryed to understand what this felix felicis does. A luck potion...hmmmm..too bad I haven't read the Half Blood prince but still, from what I could gather on the internet:

[massive copy paste from various sources follows]

"Felix Felicis is a potion that makes you incredibly lucky, perhaps by means of boosting his awareness and intuition, or perhaps influencing the world around him"

This, at least at a glance, screams "Force boost". Something Vader does not need and never has (he's the Chosen, after all). Agility c an also be force boosted (yoda was a 900 years old arthritic frog, but he lept and tumbled and spinned like a flipper ball when he used the force). Vader's clumsiness is just the result of low budget coreography in Lucas' movies.

But I prefer to quote another SW guy who knew what he was talking about.

In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Obi Wan Kenobi. JK.

O.

PS
Unless J.K. stands for Jedi Knight...perhaps ms. Rowling was a force user in disguise?

lipe44
2007-12-10, 05:23 AM
"Felix Felicis is a potion that makes you incredibly lucky, perhaps by means of boosting his awareness and intuition, or perhaps influencing the world around him"

It makes you god dam luck, its like nothing not great will happen. It also tells you what do and when be in the places.

Eerie
2007-12-11, 11:38 AM
As I understand it, Felix Felicis or Luck Potion, is a very psychologically addictive drug. If you use it too much, you lose the ability to calculate risks at all, and very soon put yourself in a situation where not even Luck Potion will save you.

That is the best explanation I see for why wizards rarely use it.

lipe44
2007-12-12, 07:19 AM
As I understand it, Felix Felicis or Luck Potion, is a very psychologically addictive drug. If you use it too much, you lose the ability to calculate risks at all, and very soon put yourself in a situation where not even Luck Potion will save you.

That is the best explanation I see for why wizards rarely use it.

Yes but also they say the ingredients are toxic if you take too much.

mikeejimbo
2007-12-18, 10:25 AM
I'd say Vader wins for literary reasons. He was redeemed in the end, while Voldemort was not. This makes Vader a sympathetic character, who does win in the end, while Voldemort does not. Vader can't die, then, until he redeems himself, at which point he does win, even if he loses the fight.