PDA

View Full Version : Funniest moments in Gaming?

Emperor Ing
2007-12-04, 05:20 PM
Sometimes, we do really stupid things, that make others (and sometimes yourself) laugh. For example, while doing co-op with some of my friends on Halo 3, I literally jumped in front of my friend's scorpion tank barrel when they were firing it. Lets just say I didnt live much longer. :smallwink:

Anything of the like happen to u?

Lord Shplane
2007-12-04, 05:46 PM
While I can't think of anything that I've done personally, I can think of at least one hilariously awesome thing I've seen an NPC do.

Necrophilia Elf.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-12-04, 06:49 PM
I find the following conversation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s2ROfUpOKw&feature=related) between a group of my companions in Neverwinter Nights 2 to be hilarious.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-04, 11:05 PM
"We have added a concequence for failure: an 'unsatisfactory' mark will be made on your record, followed by death."

"Aperture Science is required to inform you that you MAY be informed of obligatory safety instructions. No more information is required or will be given, and you are an EXCELENT test subject."

"Aperture Science provides its tests subjects with all sorts of safety alerts and suggestions. For example: the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."

Portal FTW guys. Portal F.T.W.

MCerberus
2007-12-04, 11:09 PM
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here, huge success!

The credits were hilarious.

@Shplane. I remember that from Oblivion.

You walk into town and talk to a dark elf

Elf: "Excuse me do you know the penalty for necrophilia in Tamreil?"
You: "Is it a first time offense?"
Elf: "Let's say, no"
You: answer some time as a guess
Elf: "Great that's a lot less than in Morrowind."

Wraith
2007-12-05, 07:02 AM
Viconia: "I miss the customs of my homeland, like the breaking in of new pleasure slaves. The largest and strongest were the hardest to break, but they were the most rewarding. Sarevok, I find your great size... intriguing."
Sarevok: "Were you to break me Viconia, you might find nothing but the chill emptiness of the grave within."
Viconia: "That does not repulse me as you might imagine. We drow are ever eager to broaden our... experience."
Sarevok: "I orchestrated a war to slaughter thousands. I have felt the cold embrace of death. I have witnessed the horrors of the abyss. But you, Viconia... you scare me."

Imoen: "So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?"
Sarevok: "Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand."

Sarevok: "Ranger, turn your rodent's gaze another direction! I will not be scrutinised as though by some ridiculous divining rod!"
Minsc: "Boo has an uncanny judge of character, but you... you give him trouble."
Sarevok: "I'll give him more than that if this continues! I nearly conquered a nation! I will not be judged by a creature that stores nuts in its cheeks!"
Jan: "Hey! I resemble that remark."
Sarevok: "Trust me, gnome, you do not want to partake in my wrath this day".
Minsc: "Food storage aside, Boo controls himself far better than you do. Do you see him ranting about mere glances? Let's look."
Sarevok: "What?"
Minsc: "See? No rant. In fact, now he is snuffling about for a comfy place to sleep. Admirable restraint."
Sarevok: "I'm still in Hell, aren't I? This is insanity."
Minsc: "Ah, finally a calming look comes across your face. Boo's handiwork, no doubt? Doesn't that feel better?"
Sarevok: "Let's... let's go kill something. Soon."

To be fair, I spent half of Baldur's Gate laughing like an idiot. These are just the highlights. :smallbiggrin: Neverwinter Nights had a few, too:

*A Mimic inside a chest steals the Player's armour and runs off into the next area. Moments later...*
Aribeth the Paladin: *Smirks*
Player: "What?"
Aribeth: "Oh, nothing! I was just amused by the look on your face when that creature stole your clothes!"
Player: "Hey, you would look the same way. It's cold out here!"
Aribeth: "It is, is it?"
Player: "....I thought you Paladin weren't allowed to talk about this sort of stuff...."

And now: Classic Tales of Phantasia moment.

Klarth: "So, which one do you like?"
Cless: "Huh?"
Klarth: "Which one of the girls do you like? Would you wanna do?"
Cless: "..."
Klarth: "Mint's got that quiet elegance, but I bet Arche f**ks like a tiger!"

TheOtherMC
2007-12-05, 08:41 AM

Oh Klarth, you and all your "special assistants." :smallbiggrin:

Hermit
2007-12-05, 09:23 AM
Who could forget this classic? (http://www.worldofmi.com/files/mp3s/mi3/cd2/A%20pirate%20I%20was%20meant%20to%20be.mp3)

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-05, 09:37 AM
A pair stories that are actually from a friend:

In the first Halo, he and another friend of mine were killing each other for fun in a small corridor until there was pretty much a carpet of Master Chief corpses. His older brother comes in and says:
"That's pretty cool."
"No... It's dis-turrrrr-bing!"

When my friends got Gears of War before me, they were playing co-op in the middle of the night, at the place in Act I where the Berserker bursts out of the end of the corridor. I need only give this quote:
"Hey, I dare you to run down all the way down that hall." :smallbiggrin:
Neither one of them knew what was coming.

Rogue 7
2007-12-05, 12:16 PM

Being obsessed with Tales of Symphonia (with significantly milder language), I suddenly have a hankering to go out and get that...

G-Man
2007-12-05, 12:32 PM
HK-47: I'm 98% percent certain this miniature organic meatbag wants you to help find his fellow miniature organic meatbags.
You: And the other 2 percent?
HK-47: The other 2 percent is that he is just looking for trouble and needs to be blasted, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

"Suggestion: Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?"

"Advisory: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blaster warms up."

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

"Commentary: The meatbag speaks without clarity. Detail your involvement or the master will splatter your organs all over the floor."

"What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench! REMOVE THE ARC WRENCH!" (high-pitched, quiet voice) "medic!"

Best, Droid, EVER!

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-05, 01:12 PM
See signature. Actually, pretty much anything said by GLaDOS from Portal.

Exachix
2007-12-05, 02:11 PM
On Anarchy Online:

Only makes sense if you know:
> I have to do alot of buffs to be at full buffing potential.
> Web is a Nano-Cost (Spell point cost) Reducing nano

[Team] Coll1000: (Me) Right, Finished buffing.
[Team] Blasky: Web Anyone?

Grrr...

MCerberus
2007-12-05, 02:39 PM
If we're going to do Halo funny moments I've got one from just recently.

Sandtrap on multi-team (where it was two person teams). My friend and I were linked in the same room and were losing. We both respawn next to a Mongoose. He grabs a rocket launcher launcher and notices I'm still looking at the Mongoose. We were three points from losing so we both decide to go for a fun little ride.

The first enemy we ran across didn't seem to notice us. At the top of my lungs I yell out "FOR JUSTICE" and splatter him. His buddy runs out in front of the vehicle and gets a rocket to the face. Two dead warthogs, a wrecked chopper, and a couple of splatters later we somehow won.

Post match the guy I first ran over says, "You know I heard you yelling that one time." He was in my private chat the whole time.

Redpieper
2007-12-05, 02:47 PM
Hmmm these had me laughing from planescape: torment

Fall-from-Grace: You know, Nordrom, you are perhaps the cutest little rogue modron I have ever encountered.
Nordom: 'Cutest' is a subjective term. I prefer the designation "fearsome cubed warrior".
Fall-from-Grace: Of course! That's why you're so cute.

Nordom: Attention; Morte. I have a question. Do you have a destiny? A purpose?
Morte: Is Annah still wearing clothes?
Nordom: Affirmatory.
Morte: Then the answer is yes

Nordom: A query, Annah: is your tail's purpose to indicate your current level of hostility?
Annah: [angrily] What kind of stupid question is that you pikin' sod box?
Nordom: My analysis is correct. Danger! Danger!

Ahhh Nordom is awesome :smallcool:

Yuki Akuma
2007-12-05, 03:22 PM
Nordom: Attention; Morte. Did you know I have six sides?
Morte: Uh... yeah... why don't you go share that revelation with the chief, huh?

Fall-From-Grace: Morte, I'm curious. Who were you, when you were alive?
Morte: Me? I'm the head of Vecna.

Aaah, Planescape... best intraparty banter ever.

Cristo Meyers
2007-12-05, 04:12 PM
Teasing Bastila (male characters only) in Knights of the Old Republic made the game for me. I wish I could remember some of the exchanges, but every single one of them had me in stitches.

Mr. Mud
2007-12-05, 04:16 PM
Teasing Bastila (male characters only) in Knights of the Old Republic made the game for me. I wish I could remember some of the exchanges, but every single one of them had me in stitches.

I thought that was the whole game... but I still give KotOR a 10/10 with, or with out teasing Bastila :smallbiggrin:

Zakama
2007-12-06, 12:37 AM
Sorry Mario, the princess is in another castle!

Archonic Energy
2007-12-06, 05:23 AM

agreed...

the one where mort tells you about the other incarnation. specifically when you thought he was your head...

heh. :smallamused:

SMEE
2007-12-06, 05:29 AM
Jagged Alliance 2.
Trying to retake Chizena Sam Site with Hamous, Hairware, Razor and Ira.

Hamos sees a decomposing body of a previous Deddriana assault team soldier and goes:

"Me no want end like this", with his broken english.

At this moment, an elite soldier appears out of no where and gets an interrupt. He shoots Hamous three times for 115 damage.
Hamous falls dead the second after he claimed he didn't want to end like that.

I almost feel from the chair laughing...

Jagged Alliance 2 is such a good game...

NEO|Phyte
2007-12-06, 12:53 PM
My brother has been playing STALKER, and there's been a bit of a recurring theme going on.
"Why do they keep sneaking up behind me and only start shooting when I turn around!"

Superglucose
2007-12-06, 01:15 PM
Freelancer, after you get back from a particuarly crazy mission, King walks up to you.

King: That was exciting.

Trent: Yup.

King: Next time, take my advice and we'll just go get some drinks.

KotoR 2

Atton Rand: Are you an angel? Oh, sorry, that's the worst line I have ever used. I hope some damn kid doesn't start using it...

Halo CE.

My friend and I were cooping the level before Two Betrayels (I think it's the one before... not sure) and I'm driving the tank through a tunnel, my friend is following in a ghost. An elite hops in a ghost, starts driving up to me, screams, and then I blast him out of the sky.

Library on Legendary, my friend and I were going through it for the hell of it, and I had my pistol out, zoomed ready to kick flood ass. I look up and all of a sudden there's a rocket filling my view... >.<

Mass Effect, when my character installed an autocracy after spending the entire game saying that governments were too oppressive.

KotoR: anything said by Jolee Bindo
KotoR 2: Anything said by HK-47

Kjata
2007-12-06, 11:03 PM
4 person game of zombies on Sandtrap. Me and this other guy are still alive, and hes rolling with a sniper and a BR. I have a shotty and an... assault rifle? Anyway we were chilling on the utskirt with nothing but open sand before us. We got to like 30 kills a piece before the other 2 gave up lol.

Edit: Damn internet effed up.

Twin2
2007-12-06, 11:43 PM
You think that's fun screw with settings increasing damage resistance of non-infected, shields of infected a small bit, speed of infected up to 300%, and gravity hammers for them on sandtrap. You know it's funny when you're attempting to outrun a zombie on a mongoose and failing.

Fiery Diamond
2007-12-07, 12:43 AM
That Tale of Phantasia quote is in the Japanese version of the game, I assume, since that is not what he says in the English version. A lot of Japanese games have completely unnecessary sexual references removed when they're translated into English.

- Fiery Diamond

Kjata
2007-12-07, 01:09 AM
That Tale of Phantasia quote is in the Japanese version of the game, I assume, since that is not what he says in the English version. A lot of Japanese games have completely unnecessary sexual references removed when they're translated into English.

- Fiery Diamond

Seriously? That's crap. I thought that quote was hilarious.

Cristo Meyers
2007-12-07, 09:16 AM
Seriously? That's crap. I thought that quote was hilarious.

He's right. I played thru a good bit of the GBA US version I can't remember ever seeing that quote, but I remember a scene just like it playing out shortly after getting the first four party members. The most sexual scene I can remember was Arche trying to explain why the Unicorn won't appear for her.

So, in other words, it's been throughly sanitized for an overprotective, video games are only for people under 12 US market.

TheOtherMC
2007-12-07, 09:22 AM
He's right. I played thru a good bit of the GBA US version I can't remember ever seeing that quote, but I remember a scene just like it playing out shortly after getting the first four party members. The most sexual scene I can remember was Arche trying to explain why the Unicorn won't appear for her.

So, in other words, it's been throughly sanitized for an overprotective, video games are only for people under 12 US market.

Wait seriously? Ive beaten an emulated version and it has all the innuendo goodness. Damn......

Not even Arche's wet dream about Cless?

Cubey
2007-12-07, 09:24 AM

- Fiery Diamond

Actually, the unofficial translators just felt dirty and rebellious.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-12-08, 10:16 PM
From the Halo legendary ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeGz_Npran0

Also from Halo, In the level on a Covenant ship, an elite once jumped off of the ship to avoid my grenade.

Then there's the time an enemy threw a grenade at me as I was firing at it with the needler, which caused the grenade to blow up in its face.

Woot Spitum
2007-12-09, 05:05 PM
Psychonauts. The whole game.

SurlySeraph
2007-12-09, 05:52 PM
;3634800'] Also from Halo, In the level on a Covenant ship, an elite once jumped off of the ship to avoid my grenade.

I've seen that quite a few times. I also made 4 grunts dive off a cliff at the same time. The best grenade story though was when I was playing on co-op. I tossed a frag grenade at an Elite; it dived onto a plasma grenade my friend had just thrown.

And back on Baldur's Gate... "Well, when you have that many monkeys, anything is possible."

Assasinater
2007-12-11, 04:49 PM

Though I heartily agree, I can't decide between it and Baldur's Gate II.

Here is a link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0224637/quotes) to some of good BG II quotes/party banter.

Oeryn
2007-12-18, 03:01 PM
I'd throw the Sly Cooper games in there, from the PS2. I laughed out loud a few times.

Reptilius
2007-12-18, 03:07 PM
This brings back memories. A friend and I were playing Timesplitters 2 a year or so ago, and I was in a massive tower in the center of the field. He was in a smaller tower in the corner, and wielding a rocket launcher. He fired it in my general direction, and we both sat there for about five seconds. I managed to say "I don't think it ma-" when the rocket flew straight through the (incredibly narrow) window and into my face. We both laughed out loud.

The same situation happened again later in the match, but I learned from my mistake. As soon as I saw him fire, I stepped quickly away from the window.

It curved through and got me.

Quincunx
2007-12-19, 10:25 AM
EQ. Any time the raid leader has commanded the raid to move away from the dangerous area by giving the command "hug the wall" or similar:

Galam: EVERYONE MOVE BACK TO THE WALL!!! KISS IT!!!!!

Krelldur: i love u wall /kiss
Bellower: it's st. Valentine's day, kiss the wall!
*Grizzok finds a hole in the wall and instinct tells him to put a finger in it.
*Kalebdark drools all over the wall
Silvershadow: I'm not kissing that, Kaleb drooled on it

Honorable mention for the "want more now" discussion, which is borderline board-legal and borderline philosophical. . .

Curse of Monkey Island. "ES EL POLLO DIABLO!" Such wonderful, shrill, panicked voice-acting upon the sight of a cartoon-animated, lanky, tarred-and-feathered Guybrush. . .it slew me.

EldritchExMachina
2007-12-19, 02:18 PM
Alien Ending. Silent Hill 3. Nuff said.

Vulgosh
2007-12-19, 03:30 PM
In Halo 2 we were playing a zombies game in turf, and the last two people were hiding in the halway behind the bunker.
player1: you shouldn't stand so close to the window.
player2: why?
and right after he said that a zombie bursted through the window and stabbed him.

Psychosomatic
2007-12-19, 05:23 PM
Just about anything in Anachronox is win, though I'm partial to the "stranded" scene. And any of Grumpos' monologues.

Emperor Ing
2007-12-19, 05:52 PM
This might be more common than I think, but when it happened, I thought it was hilarious

I was trying to do an Achievement match in Halo 3, where a group of people play on a foreign language to try to get achievements. But the people I joined, and I, needed to get the Overkill and 2 for 1 achievement,

so whenever anyone picked up the Spartan Laser, we all got in line to be killed. :smallbiggrin:

I posted this in the wrong thread, but without further adieu...

The Hired Sloth
2007-12-21, 10:12 PM
Den Mother: Now I shall pluck out your eyes!
Razputin: Ha, you can't! That is the purpose of the goggles.

Psychonauts; best underappreciated game ever.

evisiron
2007-12-21, 11:37 PM
The many bits in Fable, especially handing books into the school classroom.

Teacher: So..umm.. this hero has donated this book, 'Successful intimidation' to our class. Err.. perhaps you would demonstrate... its teachings?
Me: RRRRRRAAAWRRR!!
*Terrified children*

The faces on the kids is so perfect :smallbiggrin:

Sequinox
2007-12-23, 12:04 AM
Yup... Story time in Fable TLC. I laughed out loud. The teacher is willing to read so much to the kids that he shouldn't.

Destro_Yersul
2007-12-23, 01:33 AM
Best, Droid, EVER!

Agreed.

"Recitation: Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy... Master. Oh, how I hate that term."

"Answer: My 'feelings' on the matter are something that I feel I must put in proper context - in a way that even a meatbag such as yourself could easily comprehend.
Theory: Imagine, if you will, that you are unique. The pinnacle of an exiled, cast-out Jedi who can't even use the Force. Imagine that no one has sunk lower than you. That you are truly the most miserable example of a Jedi ever.
Continuation: Now that you have that image, imagine this - someone clones you. Badly, I might add. They make the clones talk differently, rob you of any shred of personality, and take your Jedi Code and adjust it so that it is not really the Jedi Code anymore. They even change your pigmentation to a rather poor shade of durasteel, rather than the proper rusty red that inspires fear in targets. And of course, they refer to meatbags as 'organics'. Unacceptable."

"Answer: Oh, that is impossible, master. If I were out to kill you we would not be speaking."

"There is a faction of meatbags called the Sith. They want what any rational meatbag would want - the power to assassinate anyone they choose at any time."

"Retraction: Did I say that out loud? While it is true you are a meatbag, I suppose I should not call you as such."

"You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere."