Hit Dice: 1d8
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8+Constitution Modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (5)+Constitution Modifier

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: Light Armor, Shields
Weapons: All Simple Weapons and Shortswords
Tools: Any one artisan tool or musical instrument, and Thieves' Tools

Saving Throws: Dexterity and Intelligence
Skills: Choose three from Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception, History, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, and Survival

EQUIPMENT
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
-Leather Armor and a Shield.
-Any two weapons you have proficiency in. If the weapons use ammo, you also start with 20 pieces of ammo. If the weapons are thrown, you also start with two copies of the thrown weapon.
-Any one tool
-Any one pack

Scout

Level
Proficiency
Bonus
Features
Skirmish
Damage
Movement
Bonus

1st
+2
Skirmish, Expertise
+1d6
---

2nd
+2
Quick Action, Movement Bonus
+1d6
+5'

3rd
+2
Scout Archetype
+1d6
+5'

4th
+2
Ability Score Improvement
+1d6
+5'

5th
+3
Extra Attack
+2d6
+5'

6th
+3
Expertise, Battle Fortitude
+2d6
+10'

7th
+3
Evasion
+2d6
+10'

8th
+3
+2d6
+10'

9th
+4
Archetype Feature
+3d6
+10'

10th
+4
Trackless Step
+3d6
+15'

11th
+4
Reliable Talent
+3d6
+15'

12th
+4
+3d6
+15'

13th
+5
Archetype Feature
+4d6
+15'

14th
+5
Swift Movement
+4d6
+20'

15th
+5
Greater Battle Fortitude
+4d6
+20'

16th
+5
+4d6
+20'

17th
+6
Archetype Feature
+5d6
+20'

18th
+6
Elusive
+5d6
+25'

19th
+6
+5d6
+25'

20th
+6
Free Movement
+5d6
+25'

Skirmish
At first level, a Scout learns to maximize their momentum and use it to their advantage. In any turn in which the Scout has moved at least 10', they deal an extra 1d6 damage on any attack made with a weapon that they are proficient in. This damage is of the same type as the original weapon's damage, and increases as shown on the table.

Note that the Scout must actually move the distance-simply spending 10' of movement shuffling in place does not grant this bonus Skirmish damage.

Expertise
Also at level one, the Scout may choose two skills to gain Expertise in. At level six, gain two more.

Movement Bonus
At level two, the Scout gains a bonus to all their move speeds of 5'. This increases as shown on the table.

Quick Action
Also at level two, the Scout may take the Dash or Disengage actions as a Bonus Action.

Archetype
At level three, determine your Archetype as detailed below. You gain features at levels three, nine, thirteen, and seventeen.

At levels four, eight, twelve, sixteen, and nineteen, you may increase any one ability score by two, or any two by one, up to your maximum value.

Extra Attack
At level five, you may attack twice rather than once when taking the Attack action on your turn.

Battle Fortitude
At level six, you gain a bonus equal to half your proficiency bonus to Initiative rolls.

Evasion
At level seven, when you make a Dexterity saving throw for half damage, you take half damage on a failed save and no damage on a success.

Trackless Step
At level ten, you gain advantage on Stealth rolls made during Overland Travel, and may travel at a normal pace overland while still moving stealthily.

Reliable Talent
At level eleven, whenever you make an ability check that adds your entire proficiency bonus or more to the roll, treat any result of 9 or less as a 10 on die.
This class gains half prof to Init checks. Since adding any part of prof counts as adding proficiency, the way Reliable Talent works with Rogue would mean that Init checks would now have a floor of 10 on die.
I don't want that. Hence, the slightly awkward and very different wording.

Swift Movement
At level fourteen, you may use Quick Action to ready a special movement. If a foe provokes an Attack of Opportunity from any ally while near enough to be reached by your move speed, you may use your reaction to move towards them and take a single attack. This movement, if 10' or more, adds Skirmish damage. This movement also provokes Attacks of Opportunity as normal from any foes you are in melee with.

Greater Battle Fortitude
At level fifteen, you also add half your Proficiency bonus to your AC, while wearing armor you are proficient in or not wearing any armor.

Elusive
At level eighteen, foes can no longer have Advantage on attack rolls against you.

Free Movement
At level twenty, you are permanently under the effects of Freedom Of Movement. Note that, despite mimicking a spell, this is not magical.

City Dweller

Second-Story Work
At level three, you gain a climb speed equal to your land speed.

Fast Hands
Also at level three, you may use Quick Action to take the Use An Object action.

Vanish
At level nine, you may use Quick Action to take the Hide action.

Blend Into The Crowd
At level thirteen, you may take the Hide action while obscured by any person, and gain advantage on Stealth checks in crowds.

Silver-Tongued
At level seventeen, you gain advantage on Persuasion and Deception checks.

Wilderness Survivor

Nature Trained
At level three, you gain proficiency in Herbalism kits, and may create healing poultices over any rest. During a long rest, you may make a number of poultices equal to your proficiency bonus, and during a short rest, you may make one. These poultices may be applied as an action or with Quick Action to yourself or an adjacent creature. They heal the target for 2d6+your Intelligence modifier HP, and allow the target to spend up to two Hit Dice immediately. When spending Hit Dice in this manner, you regain HP equal to the number rolled on die.

You may have a maximum number of poultices equal to your proficiency bonus at any given moment.

Brachiation
At level nine, you are adept at moving from treetop to treetop. You may add your Dexterity and Strength together to determine your jumping ability.

Land's Stride
At level thirteen, moving through nonmagical difficult terrain costs you no extra movement. You can also pass through nonmagical plants without being slowed by them and without taking damage from them if they have thorns, spines, or a similar hazard.

In addition, you have advantage on saving throws against plants that are magically created or manipulated to impede movement, such as those created by the Entangle spell.

Keen Senses
At level seventeen, you gain Blindsight out to 30'.

Kane0
2023-03-29, 11:40 PM
As a fan of the original, I approve this 'brew.

Only thing I might say is that the wilderness survivor feels like the better of the two subclasses, unless your DM is pretty permissive with Fast Hands (prior to level 14 at least, Swift Movement is no joke with some setup). Might just be Silver-Tongued isn't that impressive at that stage of the game.

JNAProductions
2023-03-29, 11:43 PM
As a fan of the original, I approve this 'brew.

Only thing I might say is that the wilderness survivor feels like the better of the two subclasses, unless your DM is pretty permissive with Fast Hands (prior to level 14 at least, Swift Movement is no joke with some setup). Might just be Silver-Tongued isn't that impressive at that stage of the game.

I agree, but I'm not sure how to beef it up well.
Any ideas?

Kane0
2023-03-30, 01:02 AM
Good question, and one I don't have an immediate answer to. Was there something in particular the city-slicker was supposed to be specifically good at?

Amechra
2023-03-30, 06:54 AM
Why do both of the subclasses get a healing feature at 3rd level?

(Fast Hands isn't literally a healing ability, of course, but using it to BA a Healer's Kit with the Healer feat is probably the strongest thing you can do with it by default).

MrStabby
2023-04-09, 07:49 AM
I want to come back to this later, but there is something that is missing for me. Something about scouting.

There are skill buffs, which are great but I feel a class called 'scout' should have awesome perception. Putting in a more abilities that key off wisdom might help marry this up. Maybe some kind of spotting weakness mechanic there you can success on a perception check DC equal to a targets AC to be able to do extra damage?

Kane0
2023-04-10, 02:42 AM
There are skill buffs, which are great but I feel a class called 'scout' should have awesome perception. Putting in a more abilities that key off wisdom might help marry this up. Maybe some kind of spotting weakness mechanic there you can success on a perception check DC equal to a targets AC to be able to do extra damage?

Or determine strengths/weaknesses like a more efficient battlemaster or mastermind