PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF1e] Odd character design, looking for ideas.

Talya
2023-03-30, 12:38 PM
Starting at 10 HD, intrigue heavy game (potentially using lots of ultimate intrigue rules).

Character is a Succubus (with the 8 racial hit dice and full suite of abilities). Wizard (Diviner, using the Foresight focus school) 1, Enchanting Courtesan 1.

Not very combat heavy. Taking weapon finesse (ability range of 10/18/20/24/14/30 using a 15 point buy and succubus bonuses of +2/+6/+10/+8/+4/+16) for touch spells, which enchanting courtesan makes use of.

Normal alignments don't apply here (different type of setting) -- considering a lyrakien improved familiar. DM is letting her succubus CL count for improved familiar arcane caster level.

Maybe the trait Magical Knack for the wizard utility spells.

Her other 3-4 feats and trait are up in the air. Not sure what I'm doing yet. I love the concept, but it's not very focused.

Fero
2023-03-31, 08:52 AM
I played an Incubus diplomomancer in an epic game years ago (I think when Savage Species and the ELH where both new). I found the largest mechanical strengths where the teleport at will and the high DC Charm Monster.

For the Teleport, invest in a portable hole (or the kobold diety bigger/cheaper portable whole from MIC). That way you can other carry PCs with you and the party can easily traverse the world.

For Charm, consider a dip into incarnate for the Enchanters Veil soulmeld and/or buying the Veil of Allure from the MIC. If your DM allows Dragon content and also allows metamagic rods to work on SLAs you should also consider a MM rod of Song of the Dead to extend your Charm Monster to undead. Also from Dragon, Combat Charm negates the penalty for trying to charm in combat.

As a final note, consider a 1 level dip into Binder for Naberius, who lets you rush and take 10 on diplomacy checks. With a good init and methods to improve diplomacy, you should be able to turn most dlfoes into friends before they can even act.