PDA

View Full Version : Keosenes And His Troubles [OOC]

JNAProductions
2023-04-02, 12:20 PM
System: D&D 5E
Player Count: Four at most
Style of Play:
Allowed Content: If it's not on the list, don't ask.

PHB
DMG
Xanathar's
Volo's
Mordenkainen's
Ravnica
Eberron
Tasha’s
Fizban’s
Monsters of the Multiverse
UA, Homebrew, or anything else available for free, legally, and online by request. Include a link with any request!

Character Creation: Mythweavers preferred, but anything I can easily read is acceptable

Backstory: Skirt length
Experience: 3rd Level
Wealth: Standard starting gear from class and background
Ability Scores: Pick six numbers. These are your pre-racial stats. No number may be higher than 18 or less than 8. You may modify them freely up until the game starts, and may pick duplicate numbers.
Hitpoints/Health: PHB Standard
Alignment: Be nice, and play with the party well

Other Notes: No Ravnica backgrounds.
You are a group who've only recently left their home village. You were big fish in a tiny pond, so you've graduated from the odd wolf preying on farm animals to hopefully something bigger and better!

You've come to Haun, a town of moderate size, looking for adventure. The first place you entered was The Cracked Flagon, an inn neighboring a large theatre auditorium. The halfling behind the counter, who you learned was named Ahald, had information for you.

"New adventurers, ay?" he asked, seeing the look on your faces. "Perfect timing. Normally I'd ask Rimul for assistance, but she's out and about. Keosenes has been having troubles with his containment of various elemental beasties and whatnot. He's never the most rich, but he's got plenty of magical trinkets and whatnot he could reward you with if you help out."

Keosenes, if you ask about him, is a local mage who loves to experiment. Ahald gives you directions to his laboratory, and you set off, ready to help save the day.

Please repost all your PC details.

IC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655477-Keosenes-And-His-Troubles-IC&p=25751070)

Doggie_arf
2023-04-02, 12:46 PM
Isthen Gemwing (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2774739), Dragonborn Cleric of Athena, will speak in sapphire blue.

Lioslaith
2023-04-02, 12:55 PM
Awesome, Squeaks will speak in This color.

Benoojian
2023-04-02, 01:50 PM
Horace Ironshell (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2774314), Bladesinging Wizard Knight, Tortle, and all around menace to unfairness. He'll voice his opinions in "Green"

Auranghzeb
2023-04-03, 02:38 PM
Yrkoon (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2773935) will speak in this vipery dark green

Should we work on the common background? We don't exactly meet the "Small town" trope

JNAProductions
2023-04-03, 07:00 PM
Take some time and figure out what you're doing together, yeah. That'd be best.

Doggie_arf
2023-04-04, 03:01 AM
Should we work on the common background? We don't exactly meet the "Small town" trope

This is why I steered Isthen towards his current concept - he's sort of playing at being soldiers, rather than being an actual hard-boiled military chaplain.

Either way, he's gonna lead - I mean, guide - his company of adventurers to spread order and civilization to the untamed masses! Whether or not anyone (including his party) takes him seriously is another question.

...but yeah, I'm not too sure how "small town" is going to work out. Yrkoon might get a pass if he's passing for human, but any common hometown's gotta be rather cosmopolitan to have a dragonborn, a tortle, and a warforged as citizens.

Benoojian
2023-04-04, 09:47 AM
Do we have to be from the same small town? Or could we have only recently formed together?

Auranghzeb
2023-04-04, 11:17 AM
We could have met on our way, maybe on the road after an attack from bandits or an angry mob of not so cosmopolite humans.

Yrkoon and Squeaks may know each other from before as Lioslaith suggested that the Warforged was somehow Yrkoon's bodyguard. Maybe We are indebt of each other and see the convenience of banding together and finding more open-minded spaces.

JNAProductions
2023-04-04, 01:13 PM
Do we have to be from the same small town? Or could we have only recently formed together?

It's okay to have recently formed.

Benoojian
2023-04-04, 02:32 PM
Either way, he's gonna lead - I mean, guide - his company of adventurers to spread order and civilization to the untamed masses! Whether or not anyone (including his party) takes him seriously is another question.

Horace is a knight by the right of hereditary title, but since Tortles die before their children are born, he doesn't really know how to do it.

So he's a little more storybook knight than grizzled warrior

Isthen and Horace could have been traveling together as a 'squad'. His silly seriousness and Horace's serious silliness playing off each other to form something at least moderately effective.

I'm not sure if Horace knows what kingdom his knighthood is from.

Doggie_arf
2023-04-04, 11:24 PM
So the storybook knight and the storybook soldier?

That sounds awesomely hilarious. And hilariously awesome.

It looks like we have two duos (Horace + Isthen; Squeaks + Yrkoon) forming up into one team?

Auranghzeb
2023-04-05, 07:40 AM
Yes, the story book villain turned unlikely hero

JNAProductions
2023-04-05, 10:50 AM
Someone give me a write-up of what's been hashed out, and I'll make an IC when I get home today.
Thank you! :)

Auranghzeb
2023-04-05, 12:33 PM
FREE FORM WRITING ANYONE CAN CHIP IN (everyone should CHIP IN:

Yrkoon and Squeaks met in {insert small coastal city} where our young Yuan-Ti had been working as a junior spy, collecting information about the Kingsguard and their attempts to sail south to Yuan-ti jungles. Yrkoon was a passable spy, but not quite convinced that there was a point in trying to stop humans from expanding. And marveled at how life was easier for a Pureblood like him in a busy human town than under the strict hierarchy of the Yuan-ti. However, he soon ran into problems with both the kingsguard and his Yuan-ti handler for trying to stray both worlds without committing to one side. That's when Squeaks helped Yrkoon get out of a tight spot with some yuan ti thralls sent to eliminate the useless spy.
Squeaks himself was {Insert background} ... so Yrkoon and Squeaks left town in the middle of the night.

On the road, they heard rumors of Keosenes and though it would be an opportunity to make some coin and find a way to establish themselves as adventurers. But on the third night on the road they were attacked by ravenous zombies and wouldn't have survived if a couple of scaly Knights who were camping nearby wouldn't have been around.

That's how they met Dragon and Shell who were on their way to Keosenes beacuse {... }

Benoojian
2023-04-05, 01:59 PM
FREE FORM WRITING ANYONE CAN CHIP IN (everyone should CHIP IN:

Yrkoon and Squeaks met in {insert small coastal city} where our young Yuan-Ti had been working as a junior spy, collecting information about the Kingsguard and their attempts to sail south to Yuan-ti jungles. Yrkoon was a passable spy, but not quite convinced that there was a point in trying to stop humans from expanding. And marveled at how life was easier for a Pureblood like him in a busy human town than under the strict hierarchy of the Yuan-ti. However, he soon ran into problems with both the kingsguard and his Yuan-ti handler for trying to stray both worlds without committing to one side. That's when Squeaks helped Yrkoon get out of a tight spot with some yuan ti thralls sent to eliminate the useless spy.
Squeaks himself was {Insert background} ... so Yrkoon and Squeaks left town in the middle of the night.

On the road, they heard rumors of Keosenes and though it would be an opportunity to make some coin and find a way to establish themselves as adventurers. But on the third night on the road they were attacked by ravenous zombies and wouldn't have survived if a couple of scaly Knights who were camping nearby wouldn't have been around.

That's how they met Dragon and Shell who were on their way to Keosenes beacuse {... }

Because the bandits that tried to jump us a few days earlier had implied that someone in the larger city was funding them. That sort of underhanded work was against both of our beliefs, plus Horace thought Isthen was a tactical genius and his chances would be better if they stuck together.

Lioslaith
2023-04-05, 07:11 PM
We could have met on our way, maybe on the road after an attack from bandits or an angry mob of not so cosmopolite humans.

Yrkoon and Squeaks may know each other from before as Lioslaith suggested that the Warforged was somehow Yrkoon's bodyguard. Maybe We are indebt of each other and see the convenience of banding together and finding more open-minded spaces.

I'm good with the bodyguard option, or just friends, or whatever. Yrkoon could have also 'found' the warforged inert and somehow managed to awaken him too. I can work with about anything.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-05, 08:52 PM
I'm good with the bodyguard option, or just friends, or whatever. Yrkoon could have also 'found' the warforged inert and somehow managed to awaken him too. I can work with about anything.

Oh! that's a pretty cool option like activating a Golem...

JNAProductions
2023-04-05, 11:38 PM
IC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655477-Keosenes-And-His-Troubles-IC&p=25751070) is live. Link also in the first post.

Lioslaith
2023-04-06, 06:07 AM
Oh! that's a pretty cool option like activating a Golem...

So really about all we need to decide was did it happen recently (the awakening) or a while ago and we’ve been traveling together? Either way I’m good.

Doggie_arf
2023-04-06, 08:42 AM
Because the bandits that tried to jump us a few days earlier had implied that someone in the larger city was funding them. That sort of underhanded work was against both of our beliefs, plus Horace thought Isthen was a tactical genius and his chances would be better if they stuck together.

Ooh, "tactical genius". I like. Praise Isthen moar.

*ahem*

Anyway, I think Isthen is likely to have been a (minor) priest from another kingdom - the same one where Horace got his inherited title from, perhaps? - who got it into his head to go out and spread the faith of glorious civilization. And Horace is the only person who took him seriously.

The bandits might have been their first true trial by fire (the "larger city" funding the bandits might be the one north of Haun that was mentioned in the IC), and they were heading towards Haun to follow up on leads when they ran into a certain yuan-ti and warforged being attacked by zombies...

And now at least one of them keeps calling Isthen "Dragon", and he's not sure whether to be pleased or insulted.

Lioslaith
2023-04-07, 06:16 AM
Finally found some art.

https://2e.aonprd.com/Images/Monsters/Aeon_Kolyarut.png

JNAProductions
2023-04-07, 11:21 AM
[roll0]

Checking stealth.

JNAProductions
2023-04-07, 11:23 AM
Also, Lioslaith, link to your sheet please?

More rolls!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Lioslaith
2023-04-07, 12:10 PM
Sorry about that https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2774033

Lioslaith
2023-04-07, 12:13 PM
Double post, also sorry, init roll [roll0] initiative

Welp nevermind, quit trying to catch up and read silly.

Doggie_arf
2023-04-07, 12:16 PM
Er, so this is awkward, as I haven't posted yet and now we're all (mostly) asleep.

JNAProductions
2023-04-07, 12:37 PM
Er, so this is awkward, as I haven't posted yet and now we're all (mostly) asleep.

I have good news, at least-that's their one Sleep a day. You don't have to worry about being knocked out again unless your HP drop.

Doggie_arf
2023-04-07, 12:53 PM
...well, if I'm going to start off asleep, I'm at least gonna have fun describing it.

Lemons, lemonade.

Auranghzeb
2023-04-07, 02:12 PM
Squeaks needs to kick us up

Lioslaith
2023-04-07, 02:35 PM
He will once it's his turn.

JNAProductions
2023-04-07, 02:52 PM
It is Squeak's turn. The first Foe went, and the first PC is asleep.

Lioslaith
2023-04-07, 03:19 PM
It is Squeak's turn. The first Foe went, and the first PC is asleep.

Is there room to become large?

JNAProductions
2023-04-07, 03:23 PM
Not in the immediate area-you’re still on the stairs.

But moving a small distance down will let you grow.

JNAProductions
2023-04-08, 12:37 AM
Everyone is awake!
And NO ONE has taken damage yet. Man, these spirits are NOT that good offensively.

Benoojian
2023-04-08, 02:15 AM
Did I lose my turn for some reason? Or are there now 7 enemies?

JNAProductions
2023-04-08, 11:27 AM
Did I lose my turn for some reason? Or are there now 7 enemies?

That was me just being a dingus. Take your turn, please!

Benoojian
2023-04-08, 03:07 PM
ooo, critical first roll

JNAProductions
2023-04-08, 03:07 PM
ooo, critical first roll

Which does mean you do an extra [roll0] damage.

JNAProductions
2023-04-09, 02:00 PM
Yrkoon, we await your action! :)

Auranghzeb
2023-04-09, 02:14 PM
Sorry, I just saw the IC updates.

So Yrkoon is blind...

JNAProductions
2023-04-09, 02:20 PM
For one minute at most, yes.

Doggie_arf
2023-04-13, 01:48 AM
Horace has already taken his turn right after the reaction attack he got from Isthen, so it should be Yrkoon's turn now (Foe 1 went before him).

Also, don't forget to add bless​ for Horace and Squeaks.

Benoojian
2023-04-23, 01:50 PM
So it's been Squeaks' turn for 10 days, right?

JNAProductions
2023-04-23, 01:50 PM
Lemme PM 'em...

Doggie_arf
2023-04-24, 08:51 PM
Is Isthen able to catch the remaining two "imps" in his (cone) Breath Weapon?

JNAProductions
2023-04-24, 08:53 PM
Yes. I'll say yes.

JNAProductions
2023-05-03, 01:22 PM
-9 on the last remaining foe.

Squeaks is up.

Lioslaith
2023-05-05, 02:40 PM
Wait, what? I thought there were more before me?

JNAProductions
2023-05-05, 02:49 PM
One of them flit away.

Anyway, that's the encounter dealt with!