PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Prestige Class

MisterVimes
2007-12-04, 08:17 PM
I intend to use a Rogue in an upcoming campaign, and I'm searching for prestige classes. I want something beyond Sneak Attack progression, and am looking for a PrC that is unique and fun rather than extremely powerful.
Any help and/or advise is appreciated.
Books available are Core plus Complete series, but no Complete Scoundrel.
Thanks

Mr.Bookworm
2007-12-04, 08:24 PM
What kind of flavor are you looking for?

Icewalker
2007-12-04, 08:31 PM
Well there is Shadowdancer and Assassin straight from the DMG.

Then there are a lot available in Complete Adventurer:

Dread Pirate
Nightsong Enforcer
Nightsong Infiltrator
Shadowbane Inquisitor
Shadowmind
Spymaster
Streedfighter
Thief-Acrobat

MisterVimes
2007-12-04, 08:33 PM
I'd prefer something sneaky, but I'm open to almost anything. Preferably no casting: I want to stay strictly non-magical. I haven't entirely finished creating the character concept, and want to keep my options open.

UserClone
2007-12-04, 08:37 PM
Perhaps the Master of Masks (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070105a&page=3) is for you - a class which is far from overpowering, but is dripping with flavor. I personally find it a compelling choice.

Edit: Weird...it increases spellcasting, but doesn't have any casting requirements of any kind...

Edit2: Actually, the Thief-Acrobat sounds like more your style. I still like the MoM, though.:smalltongue:

TimeWizard
2007-12-04, 08:41 PM
Exemplar is a good class if you want the phrase "skill monkey" to evolve into "Lesser Deity of Skill Checks".

Mr.Bookworm
2007-12-04, 08:43 PM
As Icewalker pointed out, there's a ton of stuff in the Complete Adventurer. Browse through all of the PrCs in there.

I particularly like Dungeon Delver.

You really would like the Master of Masks (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070105a&page=3), though.

It's fun.

MisterVimes
2007-12-04, 08:47 PM
Master of Masks looks perfect. It's almost exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for the help.