PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members! Part 14

flat_footed
2023-04-04, 02:00 AM
Welcome to the 14th incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum here, Random Banter is there for a reason.)

Useful links:

Click here to read the Forum Rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)
Click here to request a personalized OOTS-Style Avatar from our local artists. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?448993-Request-an-OotS-style-Avatar-14-Even-More-Revenge) Make sure to thank them!
Click here to go to the Board/Site Issues forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-Board-Site-Issues), where you can ask any questions you might have and the staff will do our best to answer. Also take a look at the sticky threads at the top of the forum, your question might already be answered!

Ryusenshi
2023-04-08, 01:19 PM
Hello! Long-time player, long-time lurker here.

I have decided to make a new campaign recently, as a GM, in 3.5 since it is, by far, my favorite edition. It will probably have lots of houserules.

redbrand
2023-04-10, 12:03 AM
Hello! I'm a fairly new wanderer into the strange forest known as Dungeons & Dragons and I've been enjoying every last step. DMing LMoP with my room mates, and then once we're wrapped up, Curse of Strahd is being played in a seperate campaign. Very excited too play that one rather then DM! This is all 5e, but I've been interested in possibly learning 4e or 3e for the experience alone. Hoping too make some friends here and too use the site as a great source for information, help, and great memories!

Can't wait too hop on and meet everyone!

Kraufen
2023-04-14, 08:40 AM
Hi I'm super new here

XavierBrixton
2023-04-16, 05:58 PM
Hello not new, returning from the dust. How do I put up a picture?

H_H_F_F
2023-04-17, 06:55 AM
Hello not new, returning from the dust. How do I put up a picture?

Settings -> My account -> General settings.

Under "Miscellaneous Options" you'll find "Avatar", where you can set your picture, either from a premade list of OOTS options, or uploading your own.

Welcome back to the forums!

World Illusion
2023-04-18, 02:17 PM
hi! I've been reading the comic (and forum) for years. ever since my dad got the first three books in paperback. and I decided I'd finally post because people are are wrong about things wont stand for it anymore! lol

MythosMagician
2023-04-22, 04:51 AM
Well, Hello there! Seems like a fun place to play some games!

gatorized
2023-04-30, 06:27 PM
greetings frens, I've just posted a LFG / LFGM ad in PBP, let's play :3

RUTHless
2023-05-20, 10:25 AM
Hello, humans! I exist now! Nice to meet you all! I'm Christal-Ruth, or just Ruth, and I've read this entire comic, I guess. Not the books though, I've not read those.

paragonofcoward
2023-05-25, 11:23 PM
Hello, after years of lurking I finally decided to start posting.

DarkTogashi
2023-06-03, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone I'm a long time role player that only recently found this board. I hot to get a chance to talk to a lot of you and maybe even play in a game or two.

Dimples786
2023-06-05, 02:32 AM
Hi I am new here and to dnd 5e and I hope I have fun playing a gnome rune knight in my first game

AzureViolet
2023-06-05, 12:26 PM
Heya! Second-gen D&Der here - I've been playing tabletop RPGs since I joined my dad's campaign group at age 12(ish), and I've been at it for more than a decade since, now mostly with my college & online friends. I've been reading OotS on and off for about that long too, but only this week binged the whole thing over again and caught up to the present! Excited to theorise with folks and maybe do some cool fanart or something. :smallbiggrin: Using forums is really a blast from the past too, I haven't used anything but Discord for "fandom" stuff in years! Looking forward to it :smallsmile:

Memphisto
2023-06-16, 10:06 AM
Hello there, I like ttrpg and this seems like a good place to do some things.

toby
2023-06-21, 05:00 PM
Thank you for your active involvement and for a welcoming and respectful environment on the forum. Your contributions are highly valued and make a significant difference creating a positive community.

Keep up the fantastic work.

DiESF1RST
2023-06-23, 12:15 PM
Yo! My name is DiESF1RST (obvious gamer tag) but you can all call me Dies. I've been an on and off DM at the start of my college days, but since that's over and done with now, I'd lie to get back into DnD5e as both a player and DM! I'm really excited to be jumping back in and plan to make the most of it!!! All I ask is that you all forgive my horid spelling (even grammerly questions my words sometimes) lol

H_H_F_F
2023-06-23, 02:01 PM
All I ask is that you all forgive my horid spelling (even grammerly questions my words sometimes) lol

Horrid*.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :smalltongue:
Welcome to the Playground, Dies!

ALEKSSANDROS
2023-06-27, 09:59 PM
Hola!

I am here from Argentina. Knowing this comic for years and I never registered.

Im planning my own comic inspiratted on Rich Burlew's work, I hope starting it soon and I wait ur support.

CHEERS!

BlueElephant
2023-06-27, 11:44 PM
Kia ora!

I'm trying to get back into using forums rather than things like Reddit because I think there is something special to a forum that bigger social media platforms can't capture.

Italian Karsus
2023-06-30, 06:09 PM
Greetings! Italian Karsus here. It seemed like a witty name at the time.

I'm looking specifically for Solauren, the guy who made a private crawl of the WotC forums in 2015. I can't seem to catch hide nor hair of him, I need 10 posts to e-mail, I hope I can find nine discussions to which I can contribute sometime this week. Or that he wanders in and checks his PMs... I do some archive work for the Forgotten Realms wiki.

Well, I'll go see if there's anything needing a perspective!

King Roxby
2023-07-02, 02:20 AM
Howdy from Toon Town! I'm Roxby, Harold Roxby! King of Cartoons, Ruler of all Media, and Innocent Bystander. at your service. According to the words "King" and "Ruler" in my titles, I deserve and earn respect, but the trio of Cyber-Bullying critics has been shaming me for adding Canon-Related Characters in my Roleplays and my Fan Art and has been calling me a Gaslighter when I'm trying to be their REAL best friend and also blasphemer when I was explaining the facts about parody law. Despite what they blasphemed about me, I'm a good Crossover RPer and a Brilliant artist.

Daisho
2023-07-04, 06:49 PM
To quote a podcast that it's pretty likely most folk here have never heard of on account of it being about cricket (the sport, not the insect), and which is actually a pretty silly thing to quote because it's so utterly generic if one isn't familiar with said podcast, "Hello-o-o-o!"

Long-time reader (goodness knows how far back, but I'm pretty sure it was before the Great Kazoo art upgrade), first time poster, here.

I can promise my sentence syntax won't be this abstruse for every future post, but unfortunately I might slip into multiple sub-clauses from time to time, though I'm sure it will be a relief to most that I do at least try to avoid nested parentheses, or brackets as we call them in the UK—and for those wondering, we call these things: [] "square brackets" which is super imaginative, I know.

Anyway, as you might have gathered from my ramblings above, I enjoy language and its use, which is handy as I write and talk for a living. I've previously worked in nearly all the sectors that people tend to dislike (sales, parking enforcement, law, journalism, public relations—really, I just need real estate and politics for the set) but at least my current employer is still pretty well-loved by most fellow Brits.

I've been interested in role-playing games since I was a kid, but unfortunately the gaming club at school was affected by the "Bothered About Dungeons & Dragons" nonsense at the time so I didn't get to try hobby until I was 14. My oldest friend had acquired a series of books being marketed by their publisher as the "British D&D"—something the authors never claimed, as the tone was rather more Sapkowski than Gygax—and after a couple of games I was hooked.

About a decade later, I was very lucky to be invited by another friend to join a campaign also featuring those authors, whom he'd got to know after interviewing one of them for his college magazine. It transpires that, sometimes, meeting your heroes is actually OK, and I'm still gaming with most of the group today. As is my wife. :smallsmile:

In any event, at one point a fellow player made a reference to the celebrated "Up a Level, Down a Level" strip and, after I'd found it online, there was some proper bingeing of what at that point was the entire archive, plus the incentives and other bonus content.

I've joined the forums today to make an observation inspired by the latest page, so I'll hop over to its thread in a moment, but as this one exists specifically for newbies to say hello, I thought it only polite to do that first!

Errorname
2023-07-06, 02:01 AM
Hey all. Figured it might be time to return to forums, although I've never had a proper account here I've certainly done my share of lurking

titi
2023-07-06, 03:10 PM
Hello. I saw someone ask a question about HoMM and I figured I'd make an account to answer him

CallMeBagel
2023-07-08, 02:43 PM
HI everyone. I'm new to the forums. I've been lurking for a bit, but now I'm here.

pilchardheck
2023-07-09, 01:57 PM
hi! i discovered the comics recently and have been obsessively reading them all over the past weeks... i will probably just lurk.. maybe draw some things... yeah.. :smalltongue:

johnellis33
2023-07-13, 07:23 AM
Greetings and salutations! Old guy here, recently returned to TTRPGs after having 30 years of life get in the way. My first experience was with AD&D first iteration, and David Hargrave's Arduin Grimoire. I'm currently playtesting my original LoTR-ish world and system. Looking forward to getting to know people. Discord: analogdude.

Archfossil
2023-07-14, 11:01 AM
Hi all!

I'm actually a returning user, but I lost my old login email and information. If you happen to remember someone named "Soft Serve" that was probably me.

With the collapse of Reddit I'm happily returning to old vBulletin style communities for my TTRPG conversations, and I've been reading OOTS regularly all this time anyway, so GitP seemed like a natural place to make a triumphant return.

The fact that I'm doing it during the month of the 20 year anniversary of 3.5e, which was the game that got me into all this math rock rolling business in the first place, just feels like a perfect poetic circle.

Prince of Men
2023-07-28, 03:21 PM
Hi all.

Been using this forum for rulings/build ideas (and reading OOTS) since like 2015, but never made an account til now. Better late than never.

Also, had a question I wanted to ask, so there's that too.

xRazoZane
2023-07-30, 01:22 PM
Hello Everyone! One of my friends told me I'd love this place. Naturally, I had to some check it out.

Pepper_Oni
2023-08-06, 07:00 PM
Hey Giants in the Playground! Used to play d&d and d20 modern like a decade ago. Not really anyone left to play irl so I went searching on the net and one of the top recommendations was this site :) can't wait to see what shenanigans y'all get up to here.

Mafahl
2023-08-07, 01:12 AM
this seems lively, hello there!

LeGurmux
2023-08-09, 05:22 PM
Hi

I am Kari Salonen aka LeGurmux.

Roleplay GM veteran from Finland and also the designing autohor of the Dark Heresy RPG 1st ed fan made overhaul Advanced Dark heresy.

Liking also other RPGs and especially fond with boardgames.

Silviasurfer
2023-08-13, 10:27 AM
Salutations, fellow seekers of adventure and lore!

Allow me to introduce myself – I am student at OSU, long time lurker and searcher. It is with great excitement that I step into this hallowed hall of Dungeons and Dragons enthusiasts, ready to embark on a journey of camaraderie, creativity, and boundless imagination.
Whether you're a battle-hardened veteran or a fresh-faced squire, I extend my hand in friendship.

May the roll of the dice be ever in your favor!

xDXxAscension
2023-08-22, 08:49 AM
Hello all. Just browsing around and checking things out at the moment.

RobertSSGordon
2023-08-29, 03:58 PM
Waves "Hi" to everyone!

AscarothD
2023-09-01, 06:05 AM
Howdy, I subscribed a long time ago, but I haven't actively used the forums until the other day.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

CommAndersson
2023-09-06, 02:36 PM
Hello, new to this forum, have played roleplaying games, including PC games for 30 years on and off.
Thanks for being around, hoping to be able to contribute positively to your experience here along the way.

GlyphicEngineer
2023-09-07, 01:50 PM
Hello all! Dropping in to provide my trademark excessively verbose posts. Keep an eye out for my magical metaphysics, the Truths and Principles, in the Roleplaying Games section in the near future! (As soon as I've posted enough for the forum to let me post links.)

nimrodimusprime
2023-09-19, 09:14 AM
hallo
i felt obligated to finally join after lurking so often, hunting for answers to tabletop questions
now i am here ( O_O)/

Woja
2023-09-25, 09:19 PM
Hello, all! I am Woja, and I have joined these forums for two reasons: 1, I want to make friends, and this seems like a friendly place; and 2, I would like to run Pathfinder Adventure Paths on the play-by-post forum. Which ones? My hope is, eventually, all of them. So if you’re looking for some PF1e role-playing, keep an eye on the recruitment forum!

Ferris
2023-09-25, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone, joining mainly to get back into D&D 5e and ask some of the tricky questions that might slow down or ruin a game - all the "But would that still work underwater...?" - type of thing. :wink:

A fair few years' experience of D&D (and other tabletop RPG's) campaigns under my belt, but reading through a few threads on imaginative play, I know for sure there's heaps to learn and enjoy. It's all about the fun and wonder of imagination, after all!

glass
2023-09-28, 08:08 AM
Hi all!

My membership is new, but I've actually been lurking semi-regularly for a while: After years of reading OotS piecemeal when people linked individual strips (like the Thesaurus one), during COVID I finally got around to reading the whole thing (up to that point) from the start, and when I finished I kinda stuck around....

I have read a lot of interesting threads here since then, so I thought it was about time I started contributing!

Naaman
2023-09-28, 11:23 AM
Hello.

New user here. Been lurking around for a while and decided it was time to get involved.

Looking forward to good discussion.

cosmicsodacan
2023-10-02, 09:20 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm a tabletop gamer who's been reading OOTS/GITP forum posts for ages. Today I finally decided to bite the bullet and make an account! Not sure if my art has ever breached containment, but you might know me from the OOTS fanart on my Tumblr, cosmicsodacan-art! :smalltongue:

Super excited to be here!

Lucat
2023-10-12, 10:34 AM
Hi. Sup. I think I’ve found the one truly sane place on the internet.

Lucat
2023-10-12, 10:35 AM
And yes I did come here from TVTropes, just in case anyone wanted to ask.

GachaRPGman
2023-10-14, 11:41 AM
Well saw the thread in new members say hello here was closed...so guess this is the right one? alright.

gfajdi
2023-10-20, 08:30 AM
Thank you guys for providing such a friendly place even for noobs like myself.
You guys make the web a little better and that's something to be proud of :-)

blinkcat
2023-10-22, 12:04 PM
Hi. Just joined.

Been playing some 5e lately. Came from Pathfinder 1e, D&D 3e .. and a bunch of other games.

Looking forward to some discussion here and there. Cheers!

Roland St. Jude
2023-10-26, 08:03 PM
Welcome new folks! I'm so pleased that we keep getting new members.

BellindaP
2023-11-03, 07:04 AM
Hi there!
I'm also new to this community and DND 5e. I can't wait to dive into the game and have an awesome time as a dwarf bard in my upcoming adventures.

AlyriiaDaysa
2023-11-13, 07:16 PM
Hi there! Super new to DND but also played a few sessions and getting into it! My family decided to start playing so I became the DM as we are all super new and finding an established group to help us isn’t accessible. Gonna look around and see if I can find ideas and what’s what! Thanks all.

Home and hearth
And other people’s jewels

Signed,
A roguish halfling

Gevru495
2023-11-19, 04:29 PM
Hello it my 1 post

MerelBlackbird
2023-11-21, 05:06 PM
Hello! I just joined, because I am hoping to play some Werewolf (aka Mafia).
How is everyone?

BumbleBee22
2023-11-24, 10:45 PM
Hello everybody! Hope to have fun, maybe make some friends here.

Kaal Meryje
2023-11-28, 11:58 AM
Hello,

As many, long time lurker, finally made an account.
Why ?

Because a got a story to tell, and a question to ask, of course !

Chaos Bard
2023-11-29, 11:48 AM
Hi!

I've been reading OotS for a long time.

Twice, when waiting for new updates I decided to read the complete Erfworld

And 3 times I re-read OotS from the beginning.

Also I always read the discussion thread, and this time I want to comment something.

AnotherAnonymou
2023-12-13, 04:21 AM
hi hello hi im posting to say hello

tharoc
2023-12-15, 01:45 PM
Hello, I am Tharoc, and noticed the 'hello and welcome' notification still links to a previous and closed welcome thread.

Made an account because one of my groups advertisements was super outdated, and figured I could try updating it, for our pathfinder living world stuff.

probably gonna try to get those 10 posts needed to post links eventually, but until then, I wish people well.

Besides what I said, I like reading and desserts, and am thus more for reading lore than doing rp or running of content or whatever. Doesn't have to be a particular setting, but I do like fantasy more than anything else.

Acryden Comic
2023-12-19, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

My name is Stacy and I'm the artist of an old returning comic- The Acryden.

Just trying to get back into the webcomic scene- and omg how things have changed!! yikes! Looks like I have some learning to do.

Glad I found this site and I'm looking forward to the community and getting to know everyone!

Darelius
2023-12-20, 06:21 AM
Hello, everyone..
Im playing DnD since ergh - some cecades ;)

Here some technical _Information about me:

Name
Darelius

Sex
*looking* Ah - male

Playing since

Hobbies
Pen&Paper
PC Gaming
Programming
for everything else, just ask ;)

Currently i play with some people (mostly online per Discord) an epic DnD 3.5 Campaign with some Houserules.
Fund is more woth than Rules very often.

BUT!
I have two strict guidelines ( i hope, i translate them correct!)
First:
Im here (in a round) to have fun WITH other, not AGAINST or WITHOUT them
Second:
In some times The group is far more important than the Character.

I had many experienced with "EGO"-Players in table rounds and online, they play theris Character so straight, ignoring the group etc.
Such players i will drop nearly instantly ;)

Im playing in my "own" univers, world and Land.
Therefore some Houserules ;)
The Players play differnt rounds, depending, if all are there or some not.
So there are some Succubi, one Medusa, one Pixie, one some Dragons, one Minotaur and other Races for Players ;)
I created my own ODS - Character Sheet, started in german now nearly 100% english, because all rules are available in english only and the cross-translating is a bit weird sometimes ;)
And, of courtse, minimum Age is "18" - there ist Sex, Blood and Drugs involved ;)

IF someone want to look or hear, you should speak/understand german.
Or, if more are interested, i can create (or join!) a pure english group.
IF i do such a group, i would play it "parallel" to my other groups. That is sometimes funny, if they cross each other ;)

So, hello to all ;)

...DX

Zennistrad
2023-12-31, 04:51 PM
Not exactly new here, but I haven't posted on this forum in a very long time (and it appears my original account under a different name is long gone), so I might as well stop by to say hello again.

hotspur95
2024-01-04, 11:49 AM
hello :) and more hellos

DarkNetwerk
2024-01-07, 10:00 AM
Hello. I am not new to the boards (2013) but I apparently have not posted much, so here I am buffing my post count so I can include links in my posts applying for games.

taleteller50
2024-01-14, 01:56 AM
Just joined recently and I'm hoping to use the site as a way to connect with players and expand my resources as a writer. I GM for a variety of systems so if anyone is looking for a weekday GM look me up on facebook or Gmail. I've got 30+ years of table top gaming under my belt so I look forward to chatting with some of you.

Flyfly
2024-01-14, 09:09 AM
Hello everybody!

I am Flyfly of the Longing Mound. I am a long time OOtS reader, a TTRPG player, a GM, a bit of a game designer and now also a blogger.

After becoming a blogger I realised I need to talk and collect ideas of other people, which leads to me becoming a member here.

Captain Cap
2024-01-14, 05:22 PM
Just joined recently and I'm hoping to use the site as a way to connect with players and expand my resources as a writer. I GM for a variety of systems so if anyone is looking for a weekday GM look me up on facebook or Gmail. I've got 30+ years of table top gaming under my belt so I look forward to chatting with some of you.
Oh, hi TT, happy to see you here too :smallbiggrin:

DKArthas
2024-01-20, 05:03 AM
Hello guys. Joined the forum to play one of the games here. Looking forward to learning more about this place.

Lana Jokey
2024-01-23, 01:15 AM
Hey Y'all, Long time lurker, First time poster.

Found the site 12 years ago for Order of the stick and have finally decided to make an account. The best time to have made this account was 10 years ago but the 2nd best time is right now.

a very infrequent but im hoping a properly enthused DM im still trying to finish my models for the group I want to start:smallsmile:

threefivearchve
2024-01-23, 09:21 PM
Hello! I am Three Five Archive. I run a YouTube Channel where I review old 3.5 content, specifically prestige classes. Been reading Order of the Stick since I was 13, I think that was early in the defense of Azure City. Loved 3.5 since that time too.

Dawsnow
2024-01-27, 12:30 AM
Hi there! I'm new here and joined to play Empire

TheRagingKobold
2024-01-28, 10:39 PM
Hello, I am Tharoc, and noticed the 'hello and welcome' notification still links to a previous and closed welcome thread.Turns out it still does. :smallconfused:

Anyway, hello everybody! It is chiefly my search for some play-by-post goodness that led to my joining these boards, but who knows what else the future might bring?

Also, here is a piece of trivia so this post isn't quite so empty: my username is based on an old D&D character of mine, a kobold barbarian responsible for one of my more memorable RPG experiences by violently dismantling a big ol' Warforged in a single turn thanks to a cascade of crits. Good times!

Irongron
2024-02-02, 10:47 AM
Hi.

I'm a long term TTRpG player of hopelessly outdated systems - Rolemaster, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and of course D&D 3.5. I run, write and otherwise create the online D&D Neverwinter Nights server 'Arelith' (using customized 3.5e) and was Lead Level Design on the same game's Offical D&D module 'Tyrants of the Moonsea', where I had the pleasure of making a digital version of Zhentil Keep, Mulmaster and other Moonsea locations.

Joining here as advised it is one of very enclaves of 3rd edition D&D players, DMs and experts on the internet.

Gevru495
2024-02-03, 11:06 AM
Hi it my 1 reply on giant in playground

JayDomK
2024-02-05, 08:53 AM
Greetings from Sydney

This is my first post here. A short about me: I love computer games, i sometimes do reviews for games (not very often). I also love sci-fi movies and listening to music loud :)

I will visit you sometimes when I have some free time. We are having summer now, I also ride my bike. I hope I won't seem too boring to you :)

Beardly
2024-02-08, 10:10 AM
Cheers, everyone. Yep, here to announce my "newness". I've actually been playing D&D since the mid 80's, grew up on 1st an 2nd editions. Took a break for a bit when I was in the military, but picked up again on edition 3.5, tried 4th, haven't had a chance to try 5th yet. Hard to find a table in my area, kind of rural, family time makes it hard to set aside gaming time, etc. I'm 49, married with two (now adult) kids. I am a fan of playing dwarves, just like the culture and find them fun, most of the time I am playing a healer of some sort....gotta keep my friends a live. :cool:

I really enjoy play by post games, not even sure I care much about mechanics any more, I am mostly just involved to help tell a story and have fun with others. Not looking for drama, don't get into arguing much, don't even care if I have the most powerful character, just looking to enjoy writing with peers.

Riya_WhiteFang
2024-02-09, 02:44 PM
Hallo everyone!
I’m Riya. Got introduced to OOTS a month ago, and then speedran through it in about three weeks. Joining mostly so that I can play PbP campaigns, real life seems to be too busy to sustain a campaign right now.
Hope to have fun around here, cheers!

Gondolin01
2024-02-19, 09:55 PM
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I found OotS in college, but forgot about this site until I stumbled across the SilverClawShift stories. I have experience with D&D 4e, 5e, 3.5e (one session), 13th Age, and just a little Traveller and Savage Worlds. This seems like a genuinely nice and helpful community, and I hope I can contribute to that spirit!

Logic
2024-02-20, 10:20 PM
Hello folks! After a reasonably long absence, I am back to my first forum. Hi, how are you. (I don't see any names on this page that are familiar, so I doubt there is anyone that remembers me!)

GoblinFace
2024-03-06, 01:38 AM
Yo grognards! I’m new to this whole thing, but I’m a big fan of TTRPGs and webcomics! This place is perfect for me! Looking forward to being part of this community.

MechaKamuy
2024-03-06, 11:04 AM
So what's happening? I like anime, comics, manga and of course various fantasy rpg so here I'm.

Space Sorceress
2024-03-11, 04:33 PM
Hello! I've been reading OOTS since 2009, but just made an account today to point out a mild art error :smalltongue:

So far, I've learned that using these emotes is really fun! Also, as a bespectacled brunette magic-user, the "Blue Sorceress" avatar is PERFECT <3

Gevru495
2024-03-16, 12:06 PM
Hello, after year of lurking I finally decided to start posting.

ominak
2024-04-11, 02:47 PM
Hello. I am ominak. (Draconic for name, I think)
I plan on dnd 5e stuff

Nikorasuko
2024-04-15, 12:10 PM
Greetings. Took me a minute to find the correct thread since the link that you have in big bold yellow at the top sends you to a closed thread. Honestly I thought I was doing something wrong for a moment there.

Anyways, I'm very much a fan of d&d 3.5 & 5e. I've gone and run games for both as well as made plenty of regretful characters.

That's all from me.

A wild Nikorasuko has appeared in the playground.

M26_Hartshot
2024-04-16, 04:45 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I've been a perpetual DM and I'm excited to actually jump back into the world of Forum-based DND RP.

Something of interest about me... hm...

Oh, I discovered the Dungeons and Doggies sourcebooks and I'm aching to use my new Dachshund Warlock at some point!

Sinstar
2024-04-28, 05:43 AM
Look, it's me, I'm here, deal with it. Let's move on.

Murmarine
2024-04-28, 06:16 AM
The whole forum thing has been absent from my life, so I decided I want to give it a whirl. Hello! I am Murmarine, been playing tabletop games like D&D, WoD and Pathfinder for 5-ish years now! A pleasure to be here!

watermargin
2024-04-28, 09:47 PM
Well this should prove to be fun, let's do this! Greetings all!

Choomie
2024-05-08, 11:41 AM
Hello!

I'm Choomie. I've lurked around the website for a number of years, mostly reading up on theory-building for characters in different RPGs, reading guides, and checking GM rulings. I've been increasing my activity on a number of different RPG forums, and I thought it was about time to make things official. I look forward to meeting more in the community and learning more and more about our favorite hobbies.

YetOneMoreIdiot
2024-05-08, 06:00 PM
Hey all! I'm new to this forum, not to OotS though - I first started reading the webcomic yeeeeeeeears ago, back when there were only like 400 strips or so. xD Bought the first 6 books, started reading them through... got distracted by life. xD Now I have books 5 and 6 as well, I've started reading everything again starting from Book -1 (currently up to the mid of Book 2)

Anyway, brief intro bio...

Name: Gregory

Username: YOMI
D&D class: I played D&D once in my teens...I was a Bard. ^^
Stats: poor. xD

metchi
2024-05-12, 09:34 AM
I'm an old 2ed player that started playing 3rd ed and liked it. I've been playing D&D since the boxed sets. This is the only D&D community that I've found, so I decided to give it a try.

faegames
2024-05-17, 03:13 AM
Hi, my name is Stephan and I just realized that I've been reading OotS for 15 years but never took the effort of making an account!
After 20 years of playing D&D (since 3E) I started to professionally publish my own adventures, campaigns and crunch books via Kickstarter because I thought I could do better than Wizards. So far I think I'm succeeding ;)

faegames
2024-05-17, 03:14 AM
I'm an old 2ed player that started playing 3rd ed and liked it. I've been playing D&D since the boxed sets. This is the only D&D community that I've found, so I decided to give it a try.

Many local groups are probably found on Facebook and Discord if you're looking for people to play with :)