PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A How can one see into a (Leomund's) Tiny Hut? 3.5 & PF

Khedrac
2023-04-04, 03:24 AM
OK, as most of us know tiny hut is a great combat spell (in the right circumstances because it grants those inside total concealment without affecting their ability to attack out.

So, how can one penetrate this to see in?
Presumably true seeing won't work as the hut is an evocation (force) effect so even though it is only a barrier to temperature (both directions) and seeing in (but not out), it is not an illusion and thus cannot be seen through.

So other than being able to use some form of scrying (e.g. clairvoyance) to see in (which probably wouldn't negate the miss chances) how can those outside target those inside?

So far all I can think of are other senses:
blindsight
blindsense (gives square, but still have total concealment)
tremorsense (iirc depends on the specific creature as to how well it pinpoints, but easily negated by flight)
scent (usually just tells you something is close and gives square if within 5')
Would an undead's lifesense bypass the concealment? (Lifesense is pretty poorly defined.)

Any thoughts?

Oh yes, I am interested in answers for both Pathfinder and 3.5 D&D.

Fero
2023-04-04, 08:26 AM
I would think a good ol' Ring of X-Ray Vision would work, though it is a DM call.

Inevitability
2023-04-04, 08:36 AM
Clairvoyance should work if you can get the effect as a SLA to cut down on the casting time (Cerebrex gives it, but that requires taking Cerebrex levels).

Chain of Eyes on something that you then send through the hut's boundary should work as well, especially if you can get it to smash itself into an occupant and transfer the spell to them.

Touchsight is a 3rd-level power that should do the trick.