PDA

View Full Version : Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) Question

incog64
2023-04-08, 10:27 AM
Planar Touchstone Feat

Specifically for the Catalogues of Enlightenment what could be a possible touchstone item and what would be a logically way to get one?

thanks

Tzardok
2023-04-08, 11:12 AM
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is a book from the Catalogues itself. In that case it could be a book stolen or lost, and retrieving and giving it back would count as "expending" the book for the feat.

Alternatively, and a bit more tongue-in-cheek, would be that you receive a symbolic library card after solving the test (for an appropriate fee, of course), which would then be used for the feat.

Lastly, I can think of something less specific to the plance and more generally Mechanus-like: You would need to retrieve some kind of gear of some exotic material, which would propably require negotiating with the natives to get.

incog64
2023-04-08, 12:35 PM
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is a book from the Catalogues itself. In that case it could be a book stolen or lost, and retrieving and giving it back would count as "expending" the book for the feat.

Alternatively, and a bit more tongue-in-cheek, would be that you receive a symbolic library card after solving the test (for an appropriate fee, of course), which would then be used for the feat.

Lastly, I can think of something less specific to the plance and more generally Mechanus-like: You would need to retrieve some kind of gear of some exotic material, which would propably require negotiating with the natives to get.

I appreciate the ideas. Thanks.

St Fan
2023-04-13, 12:09 PM
I consider the planar locations where you can find touchstones as being the outerplanar equivalent of popular tourist spots.

Hence you can probably find gift shops in many of them selling the various 250 gp-knickknacks you need.