PDA

View Full Version : What's your platform?

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-04, 11:09 PM
What platform do you play games on primarily? Xbox 360? Playstation 3? Wii? PC? Are you old school and play PS2? I prefer 360 myself, as it has the best shooter and action games.

Setra
2007-12-04, 11:10 PM
Top Three:
PC: 75% of my gaming
PS2: 24% of my gaming
NES: 1% of my gaming

I will eventually get a PS3, but I see no point in getting one now, or any other next gen console, too much for not enough games.

Morrandir
2007-12-04, 11:30 PM
Are you old school and play PS2?

Wow, wonder how you'd react if I told you I still break out the ol' Atari 2600 once in a while.

Regardless, if you're talking modern technology, PC and Wii make up the majority of my gaming time.

Rogue 7
2007-12-04, 11:41 PM
Wii, largely because it's the only thing available quickly (roommate's got one). Play a bit of 360, but it's actually mainly Gamecube/Virtual Console games- until I brought Twilight Princess up, the only actual Wii game I played was a bit of Wii Sports, and then only rarely. Other than that, it was mainly SSB, with a bit of Starfox/Mario Kart/Donkey Kong Country for good measure. And Twilight Princess's been co-opted by my obsessive re-playing of Tales of Symphonia (another Gamecube one).

At home, I'll be playing more 360- only recently purchased, but also our home wii- need to try out Metroid Prime and Super Mario Galaxy.

Lord Shplane
2007-12-04, 11:43 PM
Primarily PS3, followed by SNES, then PC. I'm not saying particular numbers or anything, but the PS3 sees a lot more play time than either of the other two.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-12-05, 01:41 AM
PC. I'd buy an Xbox 360 if I could afford one, a new TV and a whole library of games, fit the whole ensemble in my already cluttered dorm and it didn't have a bad case of the gremlins.

My brothers have a Wii, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, two Game Boy Advance SPs, a DS Lite and 2 PCs. But they really don't use them as much anymore.:smallfrown:

Amiria
2007-12-05, 02:02 AM
PS2 and PC and 50/50. Maybe PS3 sometime next year.

I use the PS2 mainly for fighting and driving games. The PC for adventures, simulations, RPGs, and strategy games.

Zakama
2007-12-05, 02:36 AM
I'm Wii and PC. At the mo' that means mostly Starcraft and Battlefield 2142 for PC. On the Wii side, I borrowed Metroid Prime 1 from a friend, and am finally seeing what all the Metroid fuss is about. I also got Medal of Honor heroes 2 and the Zapper and have been playing that.

Amotis
2007-12-05, 02:46 AM
My platform is tax reform and dental plan for everyone!

http://tomroeser.com/blog/img/f23566/nixon.jpg

Athaniar
2007-12-05, 02:52 AM
Call me old-school, but, except for PC, the N64 is my favorite. Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, you name it!

Drascin
2007-12-05, 03:08 AM
Me, lately it's been PC and Wii, mostly. Wii, because, well, Mario Galaxy and Melee, and PC, because I have emulators of pretty much every game I ever had in the older consoles and play them there, without all the cable fuss and such (plus this allows me to still play N64, though my joystick sensibility sucks). It's so darn covenient :smallsmile:

Oh, and a lot of DS.

Fiery Diamond
2007-12-05, 03:19 AM
Any post-NES Nintendo system. Because I own them all. I am loyal to Nintendo, and must smite the heretics who play the Microsoft-created XBox! I continuously struggle with the temptation to fall to the gray side - you know, Playstation systems - because FF is awesome.

My favorite series are Legend of Zelda (because Link is the man), Fire Emblem (because anime, stories, and hard-core tactics rock), and Golden Sun (because it's just that cool).

- Fiery Diamond

Tekar
2007-12-05, 03:40 AM
PC exclusively. I don't like the arcade style gameplay of consoles.

Icewalker
2007-12-05, 03:51 AM
Exclusively PC. I've beaten all my games on PS2, and don't have anything good on Wii (except MP3, which I beat).

Jarchh
2007-12-05, 03:52 AM
My gaming falls into the following: 60% of it on my 360 30% of it on my PC and 10% on my DS.

I'm a boarderline 360 fan boy, I love everything about them... but I would like to eventually get around to buying a wii when I find the time to play it.

Morty
2007-12-05, 04:59 AM
Exclusively PC. Console games are just plainly not for me.

Dhavaer
2007-12-05, 05:37 AM
Nintendo DS.

Tengu
2007-12-05, 05:43 AM
Unless emulation counts, I play mostly on the PC (and if it does, it's around equal between PC, SNES and PSX).

Winterwind
2007-12-05, 05:48 AM
Exclusively PC. Sometimes, I take out my GameBoy (no, not Advanced. No, not Colour either. Yes, it was made in the 80ies. Yes, it is still working just fine), but all my games have been currently borrowed by friends (hmm... maybe I should tell them that I want them back sometime soon, before they move away...).

I tend to run emulators now and then (NES or SNES mostly), but even so, PC games dominate by far.

Setra
2007-12-05, 05:52 AM
Exclusively PC.
For you I thought you'd put "Craft" as your platform. :smalltongue:

Winterwind
2007-12-05, 06:04 AM
For you I thought you'd put "Craft" as your platform. :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Nah, there's more games out there than that.

Though I can't deny the two Crafts in my sig dominate the computer game aspect of my life very thoroughly. :smallwink:

Archonic Energy
2007-12-05, 06:25 AM
my platform of Choice is my Laptop (89%) Crysis/C&C 3/NWN2:MotB/ etc.
Followed by my DS (10%) Tetris DS/Monopoloy
Followed by my Wii (1%) Wii Sports/Warioware

My Wii is brilliant for casual gaming with my friends but i haven't found any good games for just me...

aparantly Mario Galaxy is good

i want Mass Effect...
*looks at 360 prices*

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-05, 09:15 AM
I'm split between the 360 and the PC. I love the games that both of them have!

PC: Age of Empires III, Civilization IV, Dawn of War, Oblivion.

360: Guitar Hero III, Halo 3, Gears of War.

Legendary
2007-12-05, 10:56 AM
Laptop, with Gametap & Console Classix: 50%
Wii, PS2, Gamecube, N64, GBA: 50% all around, too lazy to figure out exact percentages.

I'm torn between blowing my money on the "Time Bomb 360" or the "PS$" :smallbiggrin:

warty goblin
2007-12-05, 11:31 AM
100% of my gaming is on PC. They just don' make my kinds off games on consoles- what good in the platform if it doen't allow me conquer the galaxer over the course of three weeks realtime of difficult warfare??

Triaxx
2007-12-05, 11:33 AM
Hmm... I'd have to go Wii, PC, PSX.

InaVegt
2007-12-05, 11:37 AM
My old Intel 3068 is sometimes used for games run directly of the disk, otherwise, DS&GBA.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-05, 11:39 AM
360, PC in that order due to upgrading cost issues.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-05, 12:25 PM
I cannot stand the Wii. Motion sensing controls are just a gimmick, and the only good real game they have is Metroid 3. I hate kiddie games and RPGs.

Rogue 7
2007-12-05, 12:42 PM
Try Twilight Princess for the Wii. I know it's on gamecube, but bear with me. The motion controls are a dream, they're how the system is supposed to work. I was a bit skeptical at first (and I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy), but after playing TP, I was utterly convinced that Nintendo has pulled off good motion control.

valadil
2007-12-05, 12:48 PM
PC. There just aren't enough console games that I'm interested in.

Reinboom
2007-12-05, 12:54 PM
Primary? PC, but this is because I don't own a TV. (I own a bunch of consoles though... *sigh*)

Otherwise...
SNES
NES
DreamCast
N64
PC

In that order.

So, my SNES is my console. *huggles her SNES* I wish... I wish I could play you again...
(any persons in SF area who are willing to donate a TV... >.>?)

Jibar
2007-12-05, 12:54 PM
These days I invest most my time in my 360, thanks to Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed taking up a lot of my time, as well as Dead or Alive 4 and Viva Pinata. It'll see even more after Christmas when I've got Kane and Lynch.
My Wii sees a good bit of use as well since got Super Mario Galaxy. After Christmas, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles will make sure it gets some love too. I sort of stopped playing on the Wii for quite a while in the hope that more ammo would miraculously appear on my Resi 4 save.
Apart from them, my PC sees a lot of gaming, though not as much as those two. The DS sees a bit as well. My PS2, Gamecube and N64 see a surprising amount too.

Gungnir
2007-12-05, 02:47 PM
The only correct answer is yes.

G-Man
2007-12-05, 04:09 PM
PC over all else, followed by 360, and for groups, I take ou the G-Cube for Mario Party.

PC has more potential in it that consoles, I believe. Unfortunately we get the good games months later :smallannoyed:

Ah well, what wil be, will be.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-12-05, 05:59 PM
Too true, friend. Too true. . .:smallsigh:

Mr. Mud
2007-12-05, 06:04 PM
PC, then the Wii, and yeah, I dust off the GC for SSBM and Mario par-tay

Eakin
2007-12-05, 07:25 PM
You could just pop those right into the Wii, actually, it plays GC games and has a slot for the memory cards and controllers

I'd have to say I do the most gaming on my PS2, slowly working through the backlog of great games for that platform. Second goes to PC thanks to the whole 4X genre and emulators of older consoles. When I'm home instead of at college, I have a Wii60 combo to keep me busy.

Castaras
2007-12-06, 08:46 AM
PC. I don't have anything other than a PC. <.< >.>

SMEE
2007-12-06, 09:36 AM
Nowadays my plataforms are mostly PC(vintage games and self made games) and XBOX (Ninja Gaiden Black and Winning Eleven)

I wish I still had my SNES... :smallfrown:

Indon
2007-12-06, 10:08 AM
PC, for my (MMO)RPG and Strategy game needs (and emulation of the NES and SNES), followed by the DS, for my (J)RPG and puzzle game needs, followed by the Wii, for multiplayer games and Guitar Hero III.

Myatar_Panwar
2007-12-06, 10:13 AM
I own an Xbox 360, a Wii, and a PC. My 360 get s alot of use due to games like Mass Effect, the Guitar Hero series, and the various online shooters. My PC also gets alot of use, sadly because of World of Warcraft :smallbiggrin: . My Wii... well that doesnt get alot of use unfortunately.

Setra
2007-12-06, 10:42 AM
I've slowly been playing more Wii.

However to be honest I'd rather play these games with a 'normal' control scheme.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-07, 12:46 AM
I hate PC controls for first person games with an inflamitory passion, thus I use my PC strictly for third person and isometric games. And there's were my transcendent cheapness comes in, and I'm not willing to spend the money needed to make my PC be able to play games made after 2004-2005 (which are my cutoff years)

Concequently NWN1, Rome: Total War, and Starcraft are the shiznits for me, but no modern PC games for me. I don't really care though, because like I said I refuse to play 1st person games on PC, and I prefer 3rd person games on 360 too, so the only area where PC is better is isometric, which is almost exclusively RTS games which I don't really like too much.

mwp1138
2007-12-07, 09:36 AM
Xbox 360 for me.

My history has been NES, SNES, XBox, XBox 360. Not very extensive, I know... :)

Semidi
2007-12-07, 11:41 AM
I have a PC. My girlfriend lets me play with her PS2 and X-box sometimes. The only game on them that I've liked is Castlevania and that's due to cross-compatibility with the PS2. I don't have a console because they don't have the games I'm interested in.

Om
2007-12-07, 01:38 PM
PC exclusively. Although I am intending to pick up a MegaDrive in the coming months

I hate PC controls for first person games with an inflamitory passionYou mean the mouse and keyboard combo? :smallconfused:

Setra
2007-12-07, 02:23 PM
You mean the mouse and keyboard combo? :smallconfused:
Some people just don't like it.

I can understand what he means though, I used to dislike it as well, but thanks to my friends who love them, I do now.

Rogue 7
2007-12-07, 02:52 PM
I felt the same way- I always preferred the analog stick, still do, so I never play any FPS or anything on the PC. It's mainly Civilization IV.

Xefas
2007-12-07, 03:10 PM
PC, for monetary reasons. Plenty of free games out there waiting to be had. Though, if I ever come into some money (crossing my fingers for Christmas), I'd probably pick up a 360.

I also have a PS2 for Kingdom Hearts1&2 and DDR, as well as it functioning as my DVD player.

I also came into a Gamecube a few years back, though aside from Pikmin 2 and Soul Calibur 2, I've only ever played borrowed games on it.

But PC...PC is the best. If I weren't so terrified of viruses, it'd probably function as a few consoles in and of itself.

Woot Spitum
2007-12-07, 03:47 PM
Right now I play mostly PC and DS. I want to play through Twilight Princess again, as well as give Metroid Prime 3 a try, but lately I've been too busy to play anything that requires that much of a time investment. So mostly I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 and Warioware:Touched.

LolCowgirl
2007-12-07, 04:21 PM
Gameboy Advance SP, PS2, PC, and a long time ago, my little purple lunchbox before it done broke. I still own all of my old consoles, but they done broke too, and now I most play all of my old games on an emulator since all those done broke too. My consoles love to break, you see.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-07, 05:11 PM
You mean the mouse and keyboard combo? :smallconfused:

Yeah, that's what I mean. I just don't like it. To aukward to move with WASD and I can't aim with a mouse. When I wanted to play the Marathon games (greatest games of all time BTW) I hooked up a joystick made for flight games as my aiming peripherial and used WASD dispite my dislike of it. I sucked at it, but it was tolerable.

TimeOut
2007-12-07, 05:55 PM
PC only.

Don't have the money to buy a console. But it would be a 360 for Mass Effect.

Volug
2007-12-07, 06:06 PM
The nintendo Wii, all the way.

Wii: 65% ((This includes the Gamecube games I still like to play))
PC: 20%
DS: 15% ((Includes GameBoy Advance))

Sadly, I don't own very much DS games... The last one I got was 2 years ago... I need to buy some more.

Also, I may never get a PS3. For obvious reasons, I can never afford that price!

Om
2007-12-07, 08:28 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean. I just don't like it. To aukward to move with WASD and I can't aim with a mouse. When I wanted to play the Marathon games (greatest games of all time BTW) I hooked up a joystick made for flight games as my aiming peripherial and used WASD dispite my dislike of it. I sucked at it, but it was tolerable.To be honest that's the first that I've heard of that complaint. I simply cannot play FPS on a joypad and I assumed that most agreed with me in what the mouse/keyboard is the natural control system for the genre.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-07, 11:58 PM
It boggles my mind why anyone would ever want a Wii outside of 9 year olds who want to go bowling and play kiddie games, but I can't stand "peaceful" games so whenever I hear someone praise the Wii I just try to imagine my feelings toward shooters and whatnot.

Hecore
2007-12-08, 12:12 AM
What I currently am playing is on the PC and DS.

What I've owned?

NES
SNES
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Playstation
Gameboy Advance
Dreamcast
Playstation 2
Gamecube
DS Phat
DS Lite
PSP

Though I won't vouch for the order.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-12-08, 01:16 AM
It boggles my mind why anyone would ever want a Wii outside of 9 year olds who want to go bowling and play kiddie games, but I can't stand "peaceful" games so whenever I hear someone praise the Wii I just try to imagine my feelings toward shooters and whatnot.

That's not the only thing on the Wii. There's always some good old-fashioned sword slinging action with Twilight Princess. And what about that Red Steel game? Or (I can't believe I'm saying this) Manhunt 2?

Drascin
2007-12-08, 05:17 AM

Well, I guess it's different strokes for different people. For me, what boggles my mind is how people can actually enjoy very gory games :smalltongue: . I mean, for example, Gears of War looks somewhat interesting in the gameplay, with the whole cover and group tactics stuff, but the excessive bloodspraying and such ensures I will never voluntarily play it. Having family working in an hospital, I have already seen more blood and guts than I'd ever need to, kthnxbai :smallyuk: .

Besides, I'm a platformer at heart anyway, and the Wii is from Nintendo, who has the tradition of having some of the best platforming games, so...

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-08, 12:52 PM
Frankly I'm just shocked I could express my opinions on the Wii without flaming :P. But my main issues are that it's extremely weak (it's processor is about the strength of the original Xbox) and the motion sensitive controls are terrible when applied to action or shooter games.

Drascin
2007-12-08, 01:37 PM
Frankly I'm just shocked I could express my opinions on the Wii without flaming :P.

Flaming? Why, sir, I'm appalled! We don't engage in such a primitive behaviour around here! Any disputes are to be solved either by civil talk, or gladiatorial duels to death in the Arena down the hall :smalltongue:

But my main issues are that it's extremely weak (it's processor is about the strength of the original Xbox) and the motion sensitive controls are terrible when applied to action or shooter games.

Ah, alright then. I can't share it (as graphic power is kind of a non-issue for me in most cases), but liking your graphics shiny and your controls traditional are as much of valid reasons as anything in such debates can be.

Though honestly, I still say that motion controls actually help FPSs, giving it a bit more of the mouse element on PC :smallwink:

Setra
2007-12-08, 02:00 PM
Well Super Smash Brothers Brawl alone will sell many Wii (Or is it Wiis?).

Some of the games are incredibly fun though, Super Mario Galaxy is a great game for a gamer of any age, Twilight Princess is fun... but

But my main issues are that it's extremely weak (it's processor is about the strength of the original Xbox) and the motion sensitive controls are terrible when applied to action or shooter games.
I agree, in the end it is a weak, but quirky, console, and I don't like the quirk.

Still, it's not bad.

Volug
2007-12-08, 02:39 PM
I have to say, that my favorite FPS games are on the Wii. I had no problem with the controls what so ever.

Also, I don't really care about graphics:smalltongue: .

Mando Knight
2007-12-08, 03:22 PM
The Wii's graphics are kind of weak compared to the 360 and PS3, but that doesn't stop Nintendo from making games with beautiful graphics... Have you seen Metroid Prime 3? Or maybe the screenshots for Brawl? Amazing, considering that it has only a marginal improvement over the Gamecube.

Yes, some of the motion controls are kind of wacky... but others work wonderfully... Wii Sports and a plethora of other games from Nintendo play well.

Personally, I prefer Metroid Prime 3's controls to Halo's.

And on the power issue? It may be only about as powerful as the original XBox, but it's also about half the size. It's Nintendo's smallest console to date, whereas both the XBox 360 and the PS3 are nearly the size of computer towers. Nintendo's focus was mostly miniaturization of existing components rather than beefing up the system. The Wii also, apparently, uses far less power than the 360, and I've never had a problem with it overheating.

TheBoneSplitter
2007-12-08, 10:08 PM
PC, mainly... though the only games I'll ever play on them are WoW and DooM nowdays... not even DooM. I have a Gamecube that's sparingly used because y'know, work... so guess what gets played between shifts?

My DS / GBASP.

Final Fantasy V + Kirby: Squeak Squad (albeit short) are rocking my socks off right now.

Sneak
2007-12-08, 11:56 PM
I play PS2, mainly because the only consoles I have are N64 and PS2 (I occasionally break out the ole N64 or play SNES and NES games, but not very often). It suits my gaming needs pretty well. I am thinking about getting a Wii soon, though, and perhaps a PS3 later if only for the several exclusive franchises like FF that I MUST PLAY and are only for PS3.

Well Super Smash Brothers Brawl alone will sell many Wii (Or is it Wiis?).

Some of the games are incredibly fun though, Super Mario Galaxy is a great game for a gamer of any age, Twilight Princess is fun... but

I agree, in the end it is a weak, but quirky, console, and I don't like the quirk.

Still, it's not bad.

Yeah, SSBB is one of the main reasons I want a Wii.

I think Nintendo chose to roll the dice a little by choosing to focus more on gameplay and fun instead of graphics and power. Not to say that Wii games can't have good graphics, but just that instead of trying to improve the graphics and capacity of their system, Nintendo tried to be innovative and just make their system more fun. In my opinion, their gamble paid off, but this may not be the case in everyone's mind.

Lord Shplane
2007-12-09, 12:18 AM
I would sell my Wii. I really would. But Brawl...

Brawl...

EDIT: This seems off-topic, but I guess I'll just use it to say that I never play my Wii.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-09, 10:12 PM
When I said the Wii was weak I wasn't talking about graphics. I was talking about processor. (The amount of data that can be moved and how quickly it moves) The Wii has a last-gen grade processor, and thus cannot handle newer, more complex games. They would kill the poor little machine.

Qooroo
2007-12-11, 11:39 AM
My DS is far and away the console I use most. The PC gets used for WoW, the PS2 still gets a fair bit of love (especially for Multiplayer stuff) and every now and again I bust out the N64 or the SNES.

It'll probably be a while before I get a next-gen console (other than the DS), which is fine by me. Right now, the 360 is incredible, but I'm willing to give Nintendo a chance to pull off what they did with the DS. It took that console a while for everyone to figure out what to do with it, but it eventually became a better system (in my mind) than any of the PS3/Wii/360 triumverate.

To be honest that's the first that I've heard of that complaint. I simply cannot play FPS on a joypad and I assumed that most agreed with me in what the mouse/keyboard is the natural control system for the genre.

They're bafflingly counterintuitive to me. Plus, you can't get the same multiplayer experience that you can on a console, so even if I liked the mouse/keyboard combo I still wouldn't use it.

warty goblin
2007-12-11, 11:59 AM
In what way can't you get the same multiplayer experience on PC as on consoles?

Personally, I tried console FPS for about two months (mostly Halo 2), then realized that my experience was basically: Spawn with crappy weapon. Walk across map. Get shot in the head by somebody jumping up and down on the other side of the map with a sniper rifle. Repeat. I think throughout my carrier I got about 40 kills, to the approximately 4,000 times I died. Part of it of course was that I didn't know the maps or the guns, but mostly it was the controls. I'm used to gaming with a high precision laser mouse, I can ajust my aim by about four pixels without difficulty, and less if I need to. Analog always felt like I was hauling the reticule around with a tractor, I could certainly get it to move yes, but not with the delicacy of the mouse.
No, PC is the only movement scheme I can really tolerate, its just so much more intuitive and fast and precise.

I don't have anything against console control, it just doesn't make sense to my hands. Also it sucks for RTS, of which I play a lot.

Lolzords
2007-12-11, 12:13 PM
I have a computer (obviously), a 360, a playstation one and a game boy advance.

I rarely use the playstation and I only use the gameboy while i'm in the car, but I regularly use the computer and the 360.

Rogue 7
2007-12-11, 01:56 PM
When I said the Wii was weak I wasn't talking about graphics. I was talking about processor. (The amount of data that can be moved and how quickly it moves) The Wii has a last-gen grade processor, and thus cannot handle newer, more complex games. They would kill the poor little machine.

Never had any problems with mine, and the games Nintendo's putting out aren't exactly puny. Twilight Princess looks amazing (largely due to art direction rather than the power of the processor) and has next to no loading times- maybe 2 seconds every time you go through a door, hardly noticeable. I did notice a bit of a slowdown when I was confronted with a dozen-odd orcs to kill, but that's only happened once, and I can't remember it happening on my system at home.

Also, complexity's got little to do with power in my mind- more the effort the designers put into the game. That's what Nintendo does well. I'll admit it, most games on the Wii put out by 3rd party developers are probably going to be crud. They'll have shoddy motion control, poor production values, and attempt to cash in on the Wii's gimmick. I just don't buy those games. Nintendo does put in that effort- it's why Brawl's been pushed back several times and why Nintendo doesn't have too many games- they're concerned with making good ones. Nintendo's put out a run of absolutely fantastic games, along with several decent 3rd party ones for support, that make the system worth playing in my view. Take also the full backwards compatibility with the Gamecube, the free online (which probably won't be perfect, but meh), and the hordes of games available on the virtual console from systems past, some of them absolute classics (Mario 64, I'm looking at you), the fact that some of the gimmicky games are just so much damn fun, and you've got ingredients for a successful console. Processing power can go cry in a corner, I won't really care. I'd gladly play many, many NES or SNES games that look terrible, just for the fact that they have fantastic gameplay.
[/end rant for Nintendo]
Damn, but they've got me brainwashed, don't they?

Saying that, I also appreciate good-looking, highly detailed games like Halo, or Gears of War from what I've heard. Also, Call of Duty 4 as an afterthought. Awesome, awesome game. I like the 360- it gives great graphics, has some good games on it, has a viable online service that's the most veteran of the three gaming console-builders, and is still fun.

Playstation 3, nobody loves you, go cut yourself and cry in your room.:smalltongue:

Eldpollard
2007-12-11, 03:19 PM
"What's your platform?"
It really depends. If I go to Huddersfield I'm on platform 2. If it's Leeds it will be platform 1.

BrokenButterfly
2007-12-11, 03:29 PM
My only current-gen platform atm is my PC and I'm very pleased with the games available on it. It gas taken me years to get a PC that could actually run new games well...I still enjoy running my Gamecube and PS2 though.

As for the current consoles: I don't feel that the game selection for the PS3 is at all worth justifying the purchase. I have no problem with the 360, but I think there is a largish overlap between killer aps for both it and the PC. I will probably get a Wii eventually, to play SSBB and Galaxy, but I can wait a few months.

PlatinumJester
2007-12-11, 04:02 PM
I bringing it back old school with my Game and Watch. You can keep your 60gb PS3 and shove it where the sun don't shine. Pre 4 bitvideo games are where it's really at.

Oh, I also play my Wii alot especially now that I have paper mario.

Triaxx
2007-12-11, 08:57 PM
I'll grant you that the Wii could have used just a bit more processing power. MP3's 'door jam' is sometimes annoying. The worst case I've had was getting stuck in a save point.