PDA

View Full Version : OMG a Druidic thingy from muah? [Feat]

Lady Tialait
2007-12-04, 11:16 PM
this will be the first Druidic thingy I have posted

Rites of Spring [Ritual]

Prerequisites: Knowledge (nature) 4, Wild Empathy

Knowlage (nature) 4: New Growth
By scattering a few seeds on any ground and chanting for 1 minuet small spourts grow, this can be done on any surface the surface will sprout growth that is correct for the surface (I.E. Stone slab will become mossy, an Iceberg will have small grasses growing from it)
Requirements: 20gp worth of Seeds that must be treated for 1 week before the Ritual can be Preformed.

Knowledge (Nature) 8: Repopulate
While preparing a summoning spell you may chant this Ritual and during casting use a specially prepared paste, by doing so tap the raiseing population to bring forth twice as many creatures as before. When casting a summoning spell after using this ritual to prepare the spell you may summon Twice as many creatures.
This Ritual requires a paste created out of the female of the species to be summoned's mating pheromones, dried passion fruit, and oyster juice. All together with a market value of 100gp

Knowledge (Nature) 12 ranks: Sol's Return
When you invoke this ritual (which takes 3 full rounds), you grant yourself and up to 6 allies the power of nature. At any time during the next 10 rounds, those affected may cast Plant Growth, Spike Growth or Summon Nature's Ally IV; each spell can be used only once per person. The spell's caster level is equal to the caster's HD, and the caster's highest stat is used as the effective casting stat. The ritual requires a masterwork quarterstaff, which is consumed in the process of casting.

What does everyone think? hmm?

Edit: Fixed some Spelling, and change Sol's Return to suggested wording..and there you go...and also cheapened Repopulate

Lady Tialait
2007-12-05, 12:43 AM
This either says I suck at creating Feats so bad that none even bothers, or I rock at makeing feats to the point everyone is in awe of my mad skillz, or...i suck at titleing treads...any comments?

Altharis
2007-12-05, 01:14 AM
...Hmm...Interesting...Personally, I wouldn't advocate taking Ritual Feats as a PC, but that depends on the case...this one seems good...

Nitpickage: 1) Blah spelling blah!
2)Ability one is...very flavorful, but near useless for a PC...unless combined with entangle to set up an ambush, but that is a very remote eventuality.
3)Ability 2 is good, as it helps increase a druid's combat potential, but it does cost quite a bit...
4)Ability 3 is, although very costly, really quite powerful...a good use of time and money.
5)And the thread title is....meh. Call it something like "Increasing the druid's combat potential" or "Fun stuff for nature lovers", I dunno...

Rolaran
2007-12-05, 01:28 AM
First of all: Please take the time and effort to expunge the various typos from your post. More people will take the time to read if they don't have to interpret what you are saying.

As for the concept, let me see if I've got this straight: at low levels you can cause something to become covered in plant life (cool, could be fun to make my own magical Chia Pets), after a few levels you can metamagic extra animals out of a summoning spell (could come in handy), and a few levels after that you can... well to be frank this one could use a little rewording. Tell me if this is what you meant:

Knowledge (Nature) 12 ranks: Sol's Return
When you invoke this ritual (which takes 3 full rounds), you grant yourself and up to 6 allies the power of nature. At any time during the next 10 rounds, those affected may cast Plant Growth, Spike Growth or Summon Nature's Ally IV; each spell can be used only once per person. The spell's caster level is equal to the caster's HD, and the caster's highest stat is used as the effective casting stat. The ritual requires a masterwork quarterstaff, which is consumed in the process of casting.

If that is indeed what you intended, it makes an interesting cap to the feat; I like the powers granted, and I approve of this feat.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-05, 01:58 AM
I like your input, I was thinking of making each participant in Sol's Return need their own Quarterstaff that is destroyed with the using of the spell-like, but that seemed a little bit over expensive.

As for the New Growth, it's chia Petness is ofcorse very cute, but also i've played a few druid, and I get annoyed at almost every level that I can't cast some of my best spells without a source of plant life, (not that bad in a dungeon but gets worse in arctic tundra.) so I thought a feat that allows you to grow stuff good would be nice..and then i saw the Ritual Feats...and fell in love. I plan on making 3 more Ritual feats and posting them on this thread...

give the Rites feats some loven!

Jarchh
2007-12-05, 04:40 AM
I really like the feel of this but have you thought about how much space 20gp of seeds would cost? unless they're super rare, special seeds that would be bags and bags full.. if you can get a loaf of bread for 2cp and a full meal for between 1 and 5 sp from a restraunt. So I'm assuming you can get a wagon of seeds for about 20gp if you go buy those prices.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-05, 05:10 AM
True, I think i'll add something like this

Requirements: Seeds and a special blend of ointments that all together has a market value of 20gp. these seeds must be soaked in the ointments for atleast 1 week before preforming the ritual.