PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next First draft of my homebrew class The Necromancer

Oxylepy
2023-04-10, 09:24 PM
So after about a week of tinkering and pulling things from older editions, I finally have a draft for my homebrew class, The Necromancer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FzAxc9N71yfUZBWbipEE7h_zlozwWwgO/view?usp=sharing

It's still just a draft, there is a lot of work to be done on balancing and I'm currently running through Leuku's Guide to Balancing Homebrew Classes, and have noticed some issues and corrected a couple bags of rats. I'd be interested in hearing ideas on how to balance it and on areas that need attention.

The class is a charisma prepared caster (preparing cha mod + 1/2 class level) with bonus spells (from any class list for a couple and the rest coming from the Arch), Channel Divinity (1/short), rebuke/command instead of normal turning/destroying, and a pick-n-mix of abilities. It's currently too heavily combat focused and needs a few more non-combat touches and replacements, it's also likely too powerful.

The goal was just to bring back some of the necromantic arts from prior editions, and since I dislike aspects of the other attempts I've found (notably I prefer they not run on known spells, and a lot of the interesting concepts were dropped coming into 5e).

Currently there are 8 archetypes (and likely others won't be added as I think I've replicated most necromancers here): Blood, Corpsecrafting, Disease, Horde, Power, Shadow, Spirits, and Vermin.