PDA

View Full Version : Ironguts

tuberov
2023-04-11, 06:40 AM
So one of my players wants to use the Ironguts feat from Pathfinder. Is there a similar feat in 3.5e (non-Pathfinder) to it and I'm just not remembering it?

Inevitability
2023-04-11, 06:56 AM
Strong stomach, maybe?

Filth Eater from Sharn (City of Towers) works as well.

Scavenging Gullet from LoM is an aberrant take on the same.

MaxiDuRaritry
2023-04-11, 07:38 AM
There are two versions of Strong Stomach:

Strong Stomach (DrMag#326): Gain a +4 untyped bonus on all saves made against any [Ex], [Su], or [Sp] nauseating or scent-based attack, such as the ghast's stench ability or stinking cloud.

Strong Stomach (Cityscape): Sickened and nauseated conditions are reduced by 1 step; effects that would nauseate sicken instead, and effects that cause sickened condition are negated.

tuberov
2023-04-11, 07:53 AM
There are two versions of Strong Stomach:

Strong Stomach (DrMag#326): Gain a +4 untyped bonus on all saves made against any [Ex], [Su], or [Sp] nauseating or scent-based attack, such as the ghast's stench ability or stinking cloud.

What is the range of magazines that have 3.5e material in them for Dragon magazine? I looked at the Dragon Magazine Compendium and they're list of feats but didn't see this.

MaxiDuRaritry
2023-04-11, 07:55 AM
What is the range of magazines that have 3.5e material in them for Dragon magazine? I looked at the Dragon Magazine Compendium and they're list of feats but didn't see this.Dragon Magazines #274-308 are 3.0. Issues #309-363 are 3.5.

And there is a LOT of content in those issues. There's no way that the Compendium would have it all.

tuberov
2023-04-11, 08:19 AM
Dragon Magazines #274-308 are 3.0. Issues #309-363 are 3.5.

And there is a LOT of content in those issues. There's no way that the Compendium would have it all.

Much appreciated!

Also, the character has clarified that they want to be able to out-drink everyone as the main point of their character as a dwarven cleric. I can't recall an non-homebrew feats that allow that, though.

MaxiDuRaritry
2023-04-11, 08:21 AM
Much appreciated!

Also, the character has clarified that they want to be able to out-drink everyone as the main point of their character as a dwarven cleric. I can't recall an non-homebrew feats that allow that, though.Alcohol is a poison. Immunity to poison would ensure that you could drink as much as you wanted, and you'd be fine up until your stomach literally exploded (well, maybe not; I'm sure you'd feel significant pain before that point, but still).

Inevitability
2023-04-11, 09:51 AM
Much appreciated!

Also, the character has clarified that they want to be able to out-drink everyone as the main point of their character as a dwarven cleric. I can't recall an non-homebrew feats that allow that, though.

Poison Immunity from Champions of Ruin (or Book of Vile Darkness) gives total immunity to a single poison of your choice: alcohol should be a valid option. It's mostly useless otherwise, unless you want to go into the mediocre Cancer Mage class (which is not worth it compared to more cleric levels).

wilphe
2023-04-11, 02:08 PM
Refluff it as Cirrhosis Cleric

Maat Mons
2023-04-11, 03:41 PM
According to Arms and Equipment Guide, the negative effects of alcohol manifest as ability damage. The damage comes one point at a time, so that Soulmeld that basically gives you DR 1 against ability damage. Alternately, that vestige that lets you heal 1 point of ability damage per ability score every round would work as long as you aren't averaging more than one drink per round.

ShurikVch
2023-04-11, 06:10 PM
Resist Poison - [regional] feat in the Player's Guide to Faerūn - gives +4 bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison, and one of possible prerequisites is Dwarf (Underdark [Northdark])

Also, Poison Healer feat (Fiendish Codex I)?

MaxiDuRaritry
2023-04-11, 06:15 PM
What if you're a very short warforged crafted by dwarves (or just look very much like a dwarf, maybe via an illithid humanoid skin graft)? Warforged are immune to poison.

Maat Mons
2023-04-11, 07:17 PM
Strongheart Vest is the soulmeld I was thinking of. The Shape Soulmeld feat would allow infinite binge drinking, while also providing a benefit that might come up in non-RP situations.

As a Cleric, the easiest thing might be the Feast domain, which gives immunity to all ingested poisons. However, if he wasn't planning to be a Cleric of an ideal, and your campaign doesn't include the Sovereign Host, you might have to houserule it as an option for some appropriate deity.

Thurbane
2023-04-11, 07:54 PM
On a vaguely related note, has anyone ever compiled a list of all the official types of alcohol and drugs present in 3.0/3.5 D&D?