PDA

View Full Version : roy's body/haley/belkar speculation - spoilers?

EmperorSarda
2007-12-05, 01:22 AM
Everyone keeps saying they wish they knew more about what is going on with Haley and Belkar, and it appears that everyone seems to ignore what Eugene said about Roy's body. "Your body is an object now - a big dumb object most suited for use as a battering ram or a shield. So you know, pretty much the same as when you were alive."

I think that explains a lot by itself, or at least implies that Haley and Belkar (maybe more) are still in hiding. I believe that Haley said she could carry the body around effectively without help, so I believe it implies that Haley and Belkar are still together, evading capture - due to use as a shield, and to get into abandoned places, maybe with help from those at the caves.

Also, as for Belkar, although it might be in his nature to join up with Team Evil, he wouldn't do so because there would be no way to get the mark off of him. I doubt Redcloack would do it, just to protect himself at least.

But hey, heres to knowing a little of what Haley has been up to.

Corwin Weber
2007-12-05, 01:27 AM
I think you're reading more into the statement than is there. He's making a general comment and using that as an excuse to bash Roy.

Belkar will never join Team Evil. The fact that he himself is CE doesn't erase the fact that he for one reason or another despises Xykon.

turkishproverb
2007-12-05, 01:30 AM
I think you're reading more into the statement than is there. He's making a general comment and using that as an excuse to bash Roy.

Belkar will never join Team Evil. The fact that he himself is CE doesn't erase the fact that he for one reason or another despises Xykon.

I thought it was because Belkar substituted Favored Enemy with Racial Bias: Goblinoids (Against):smalltongue:

EmperorSarda
2007-12-05, 01:32 AM

Maybe, but we have to remember that Eugene has been scrying for the 4 months or so that Roy has been up in celestia, so he would know what has been going on with Roy's body and such.

Corwin Weber
2007-12-05, 01:45 AM
He would know, and has already said that there's nothing Roy can do about it. I just took it as an offhanded remark.

:belkar: hates :redcloak: too, and that may have something to do with a favored enemy status, (although kobolds are much more prominent there.) However, he has also said his goal is to grind Xykon into dust.

I'm not entirely sure why he hates him, but he does.

factotum
2007-12-05, 02:56 AM
Maybe, but we have to remember that Eugene has been scrying for the 4 months or so that Roy has been up in celestia, so he would know what has been going on with Roy's body and such.

Only if he's been scrying that particular location. He might not have had any reason to, especially since he apparently couldn't remember Haley's name and thus wouldn't have been able to track her anyway.