PDA

View Full Version : Tierteiler Sword[Minor Artifact]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-05, 01:43 AM
The Tierteiler Sword
This superb sword is considered one of the greatest tools to combat lycanthropes with without destroying the victims. This sword is usually incredibly sharp with a perfect, strait edge. The hilt is also made of finely polished silver and sometimes has an engraved crescent moon on the pommel or hilt.
This +4 Keen Humanoid (shapechanger) bane silvered longsword has a unique ability that wields great power over were-creatures and great mercy over their victims. Whenever anyone wielding this sword strikes an afflicted lycranthrope in either animal or hybrid form, it must make a Fortitude save with a DC of 20+Wielder's Str modifier. If this save fails, the creature, instead of taking damage is split into two individual creatures. One of these creatures is the person that was previously afflicted, but is now cured and the other is the animal form of which they were cursed to become at every full moon.
This new animal creature has as many hit dice as the previous victim added onto their normal animal HD. In all cases, each creature has half the hp of the lycanthrope before the split(unless this would bring the hp over the maximum, in which case they will simply have max).
This new creature is usually aggressive to those who split them from their humanoid host and will attack on upon separation(acting immediately, as though their initiative were right after the wielders).
CL: 20th

Lady Tialait
2007-12-05, 01:52 AM
I like it, the fort save is a bit low tho I would up it to 15 + Str mod

other then that i can see the church of the silver flame in ebberon having a cupple of these in higher churches.

RTGoodman
2007-12-05, 01:55 AM
I like it, especially the name (hooray for spending my time in German looking up words related to combat :smallbiggrin: ).

One question: is the animal just a normal animal, or is there a chance of getting lycanthropy from it again?

Mewtarthio
2007-12-05, 02:03 AM
This new animal creature has as many hit dice as the previous victim added onto their normal animal HD.

This sentence is a little confusing. Say I've got the sample Werewolf Lord: A Fighter 10 / Animal 6. If he gets hit with this, I presume he splits into a Fighter 10 and a... what? Wolf 6 (0 RHD + 6 HD)? Wolf 16 (10 non-animal HD + 6 HD)? Wolf 22(16 char lev + 6 HD)?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-05, 02:29 AM
All animal HD, I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Jarchh
2007-12-05, 08:41 AM
I really like the idea of this sword and like Tialait I instantly thought "Silver flame". This swords flavour would work amazingly for them.