PDA

View Full Version : Good mid-end level feats for a fighter (PF1e)

LecternOfJasper
2023-04-12, 11:27 AM
Hey all,

My group has started Kingmaker recently, and I decided to play a (mostly) fighter to see how it stacks up. We have a fighter, a wizard, a summoner, and an inquisitor. As such, I'm planning on making good choices feat choices so I can stay somewhat relevant throughout the game.

I took a 1st level dip in brawler with the "Constructed Pugilist" archetype to get access to, among other things, a reach unarmed strike that doesn't require my other hands. So far I've also ended up with Dervish Dance (am going to try and keep my fighting style as using a scimitar and unarmed strikes unless that gets overshadowed (and the DM has approved dervish dance's silly wording allowing it to apply to unarmed strikes, unless that gets really silly), and improved trip to capitalize on the reach I always have access to. I think I'm going to get the few feats that allow me to enchant weapons, since I need some rather specific equipment, and a number of advance weapon style feats (or whatever they are called) to give me some useful skills.

So, are there any decent mid to end game feats that would compliment such a set up? I saw there were a number of feats that add riders to critical hits that can only be taken at higher levels, but I didn't see anything else that may be appealing.

We have access to anything that's on pfsrd, but I don't want to delve into too many 3pp systems if I don't have to.

vasilidor
2023-04-14, 07:41 PM
Bleeding Critical is about the best critical hit rider effect you can get, but it is easy to shut down for some foes.
Of course there is also Improved Critical.
Critical Focus, The Jabbing style feats, Hammer the gap.
Wind and Lightning stance feats are decent defensive options for moving through areas covered by ranged attackers.

DrMartin
2023-04-15, 04:48 AM
is your game backwards-compatible?

if so, pierce magical concealment (complete adventurer), fearless (player's guide to faerun), and the "fighting style" feats, for lack of a better portmanteau, from PHB II (elusive target, shock trooper, combat brute, ...) are all pretty good.

for pathfinder stuff, take advanced weapon training as often as you can. The options it offers are better than most other feats, and there are guides out there which goes into each one. sadly with constructed pugilist you give up martial flexibility, which would be a great way to flex into the advanced weapon training option you need at a given moment.

To get back some of that flexibility you can get Barroom Brawler and enhance its uses per day with the Abundant Tactics advanced weapon training.