PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Using a Creation Bard as a demon summoner?

Citadel97501
2023-04-14, 01:37 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if it is legal to use the the Performance of Creation to make the blood of a murdered person you need for Summon Greater Demon spells? I know its not exactly an optimized use, but I was thinking it seems to be entirely functional for a Bard 3/Warlock 7, or a straight level 10 Bard?

I would not be surprised if someone has decided that using Performance of Creation to make spell casting components is now not allowed though.

JackPhoenix
2023-04-14, 05:00 AM
You can create blood, of course, but I'd rule it would lack any other qualifiers: it wouldn't be a blood of a humanoid killed within 24 hours, because it didn't exist at all before the song.

Unoriginal
2023-04-14, 06:06 AM
You can use a spell focus to cast Summon Greater Demon.

Demon-summoning Bard is cool, but the Creation college doesn't psrticulsrly help here.

Chronos
2023-04-14, 08:12 AM
"Price not specified" is not the same thing as "free".

Grim Portent
2023-04-14, 09:25 AM
I'd lean towards no, because while you could make blood I don't think it would ever really be the blood of a recently killed person.

Humanoid blood isn't exactly hard to come by anyway, provided you fight at least one humanoid within a day of wanting to summon your demon. Doesn't need to be a murder victim, or even killed by you. Just a humanoid killed in the past 24 hours, which is wonderfully broad.

Kill some goblins? Grab a few vials of blood. Gnolls, bandits, an elven circus troupe turned Highwaymen? All suitable sources for blood. Unless you fight mostly animals, extraplanar beings or undead you should be able to take a veritable bath in humanoid blood on any day when you need to fight.

In a city where you aren't killing people on the regular, you could always pop by a public execution. Collecting souvenirs from a condemned criminal's body wasn't exactly odd.

Hell, a traveller who got savaged by a bear and died would be an eligible source of blood.