PDA

View Full Version : legendary campaign character level help

DireRaven
2023-04-14, 01:52 PM
Hello!

Im currently playing a legendary campaign where im a level 55 wizard/ragemage/barbarian/psychic warrior.
my group and i just defeated a boss and gained 3 levels. we will be fighting god level monsters the entire way. and im looking for something to put these 3 levels into whether its items, spells or even classes.

if you need more information about my character to help please feel free to ask for it!

Bohandas
2023-04-14, 01:56 PM
... and im looking for something to put these 3 levels into whether its items, spells ...

you mean xp costs?

DireRaven
2023-04-14, 02:05 PM
you mean xp costs?

yes sir! i figure with 3 levels at 55th i have a plentiful amount of experience to either create items or spells. i just figure increasing my spell caster level or making it easier to cast spells without picking them out at the beginning of the day would be massively helpful to me when fighting these bosses. i just have little to no idea what to use it for.

RNightstalker
2023-04-15, 09:28 AM
What's your level and feat breakdown?

Also, out of curiosity how are you guys doing WBL that high?

Biggus
2023-04-15, 10:20 AM
Also, out of curiosity how are you guys doing WBL that high?

I'm also curious how a game works in practice at that high a level, I've wanted to give it a go sometime but I've never actually played past level 27.

RNightstalker
2023-04-15, 05:03 PM
I'm also curious how a game works in practice at that high a level, I've wanted to give it a go sometime but I've never actually played past level 27.

There are WBL charts up to 40th level, but there's a difficult pattern to try to discern after that.

Biggus
2023-04-16, 09:10 AM
There are WBL charts up to 40th level, but there's a difficult pattern to try to discern after that.

I meant more generally how the game works at very high levels, the WBL is +10% per level after 40th. Here's why:

PCs get their wealth from two sources, NPC wealth and monster treasure. Both of those increase by 10% after level/CR 20 in the ELH.

When they first reach epic levels, PCs are still fighting a lot of nonepic monsters, so they don't drop to +10% immediately, they slowly decrease over a number of levels. As they go up levels, the proportion of epic-wealth-progression opponents they fight increases, so their wealth gets closer to +10% per level. By level 40, they're down to almost exactly +10% per level.

RNightstalker
2023-04-16, 12:55 PM
I meant more generally how the game works at very high levels, the WBL is +10% per level after 40th. Here's why:

PCs get their wealth from two sources, NPC wealth and monster treasure. Both of those increase by 10% after level/CR 20 in the ELH.

When they first reach epic levels, PCs are still fighting a lot of nonepic monsters, so they don't drop to +10% immediately, they slowly decrease over a number of levels. As they go up levels, the proportion of epic-wealth-progression opponents they fight increases, so their wealth gets closer to +10% per level. By level 40, they're down to almost exactly +10% per level.

I like the simplicity of that. I just might have to do that up update my spreadsheet that I have. But there's a pattern where you'll repeat an increase for three levels and then two levels, back to three, then one...it's crazy.