PDA

View Full Version : OOC: The Great Shadow Tracker Tournament [Starfinder]

GreenDragonPage
2023-04-15, 12:50 AM
https://i.ibb.co/51Zpr6n/Shadow-tracker.png

Welcome to the Great Shadow Tracker Tournament, hosted by the legendary warrior Theododeit, Champion of the Red! This prestigious tournament is a test of skill, cunning, and strength, where only the most talented bounty hunter groups from across the galaxy are invited to compete.

The rewards for winning the tournament are nothing short of incredible. The winners are crowned the Shadow Tracker Ultimates, and receive not only great acclaim but also a vast fortune in credits, rare and valuable artifacts, and access to the most lucrative assignments in the galaxy. The champions will be hailed as the greatest bounty hunter group in the galaxy and will have their pick of the most dangerous and profitable contracts available.

However, the tournament is not for the faint of heart. The challenges and obstacles you will face are formidable, and many have died attempting to claim the title of Shadow Tracker Ultimate. The competition will take you across the galaxy, from hostile planets to dangerous space stations to the seedy underbellies of civilized society, as you track down elusive targets and fight off rival bounty hunter groups.

But if your group is skilled and determined enough to emerge victorious, you will reap the rewards beyond your wildest dreams. Are you ready to compete in the Great Shadow Tracker Tournament and claim your place as the greatest bounty hunter group in the galaxy? Theododeit and his minions await your arrival on Qabarat.

-----

Hello, for your first post, please include a link to your character sheet and your background information. Also, select a speech color. As the DM, I will selected first. I choose Plum and Violet.

----

PlayerCharacterRace/ClassComplete?

BelGarethFix8 (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2577198)Android NanocyteYes

StarbinJax Stone (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2777797)Human OperatorMostly

Lord of GiftsCe'ksca (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2779842)ShirrenYes

FoxWyrdT'sen (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2778188)Shirren EnvoyYes

Nishai Krel, Time Hunter (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2775833)Pahtra PrecogRival?

tofucakeCopan Seede (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2776909)Tromlin Bloodseeker EvolutionistYes

Some basic concepts to think about as you generate your characters:

- Your team will own a ship. I will delve into the various makes/models tonight and select a few for the group to vote on once we have assembled our team. The intent is to start with something pretty basic, that you can either upgrade into a powerhouse or, after you earn some credits, sell and buy a newer, better ship (or both).

- Your team is newly assembled, perhaps with only a few bounties under your belt as a team. Individually, your characters will have varying levels of experience.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? Starfinder

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? A space bounty hunter themed campaign set in the starfinder universe

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?3 to 6 players, all applicants not accepted will be listed as alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? This forum

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Level 3

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? 4,000 Credits

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? No restrictions

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Any official Starfinder species is fine

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Normal rules

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? The PCs are bounty hunters, which is a lifestyle that attracts a certain type of character. Having said that, you will be a team of hunters working together, so whatever type of character you make, please ensure they are team players.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Normal rules

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? You roll your dice, I roll my dice :)

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. None that I can think of

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Once we have assembled the team, we can develop a backstory to describe how the party came together and why they were selected to compete in the tournament. So right now, I am looking for who you were before you joined the team.

- What world were you born on
- Bounty hunting is not a "normal" life path for most people in the galaxy. Was there a defining moment that made you enter the business or did you happenstance your way into it?
- Who was the first bounty you ever hauled in?
- Tell me about your arch rival bounty hunter. Why do they despise your character?

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? Probably less puzzle solving, definitely lots of RP & hack & slash.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? All official Starfinder books are legal.

FoxWyrd
2023-04-15, 03:35 AM
T'sen the Courtier Shirren Envoy (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2778188)

"I wasn't born on any world unless you count the Station to be one--I don't. Home's a better word for it, but I don't know if that quite qualifies it as a world. Still, I can't deny that a part of me misses it; they say that if you can cut it on the Station then there's nowhere out there you can't make it.

- Bounty hunting is not a "normal" life path for most people in the galaxy. Was there a defining moment that made you enter the business or did you happenstance your way into it?

"That's a good question and I like good questions. To tell you the truth, I never planned on entering this rough-and-tumble lifestyle--just wasn't me. I was one of the lucky brats who ended up finding work with the Corp and I got noticed for being something of a--useful--type if you catch my drift. Had a real good run for a while keeping an ear to the ground and passing along what was worth mentioning to my boss, but you know how it goes--nothing stays gold forever except the Corp."

"Well, believe it or not, it was my old boss. See, you don't do the kinds of things we used to do without getting on some people's bad sides--people with money--the kind of people who would do really bad things to you if they knew who you actually were. See, that's the thing, everybody knows the Corp has eyes and ears everywhere, 'specially on the Station, but the people doing the kinds of things that they don't want the Corp to know about don't know who those people are.

So after my boss set me up to take the fall after he failed to report higher on some of the business I had reported to him, I decided, hey, he wants to take my golden ticket and throw me back into the slum? Nah, that ain't gonna happen to me, least not without a fight. So one thing leads to another and I may have maybe done something that you might consider a teeny bit unprofessional, but hey, we all make mistakes. I was a kid back then anyways--I was still only about five? Maybe six? Now I'm going on eight and I realize that I can't be like that anymore, but anyways, what happened is this: I went to the fellas I had been reporting on. They weren't anybody too special by any means, they just had a pretty tight operation counterfeiting credsticks and I told them, "Hey fellas, what if I told you there's some Corpo who knows what you're up to?"

Looking back, probably not the best way to phrase it, but like I said, I was practically a larva back then! They were ready to gut me right then and there until I told them I could bring in the guy who knows and they could probably shut him up before he ever had a chance to say anything. We shook hands, made a deal, and next thing you know, my old boss and I are at a bar and one thing leads to another and I might've maybe possibly let these fellas know where we'd be and who to look for, and what do you know, I got paid for a job well done.

I guess that's not quite hauling him in myself given he's came of his own free will, but I did deliver him to some people who were very excited to see him and I was well compensated for the service. All in all, I'd say I didn't do half bad for my first go around. Kinda wish they were all that easy, but that just ain't the way things work, now is it?"

- Tell me about your arch rival bounty hunter. Why do they despise your character?

"You wanna hear a joke? I'll tell you a joke. It's name is--hmm--what is it? Can't remember. That should tell you something about it already, completely forgettable, but I guess that's not its fault--how much personality can you really have when you were mass manufactured to do manual labor? Well, let me tell you the story anyways of why it hates me. One of my old contacts at the Corp had some work for me and I can tell you right now that any work is good in this line of work so I wasn't going to turn it down unless it was a death trap. Well, it's pretty simple to be quite honest. Her boss had an android that had run away from home and put her in charge of getting it back, which led to her contacting me to go get it. Like I said, easy job. Find the Scrapbox and take it on home, easy peasy.

Now I bet you're thinking right now: T'sen, what went wrong? Believe it or not, nothing. The Scrapbox wasn't very good at hiding and it didn't really put up much of a fight to go home, but it did beg me not to take it back. Told me it didn't want to go back, that it wanted to be free, to live its own life, and you know, I can't deny, I'd probably have let it go if it weren't for the fact that I had given my word that I'd bring it back. See, that's the thing I didn't expect about this job--I'd seen these things before but I'd never talked to one of them like this. It told me it's name was something, something, something--that's it! Violet-42! It's name was Violet-42! I ended up taking it back to my old contact and getting paid for it and I won't lie to you, I thought about it a lot for a few days. Questioned a lot of things about myself, about the kind of person I am, about if this is the kind of person I really want to be, and you know, I almost got out of this life until I found out it had escaped again, but this time, it had killed that old friend of mine and her boss and wasn't going to be found.

That old heap of junk and I have only crossed paths once since then. I was stumbling out of a bar, drunk believe it or not, celebrating a big haul and there it was. I scrambled for my pistol, but the thing knocked it out of my hand and put the barrel of its rifle to my head. Thought for sure I was gonna be a deader, but it didn't pull the trigger. No, it just stared at me and asked one question, "Have you forgotten?"

I asked it, or tried to anyways, I don't know how the words came out: "Forgotten what?"

And it just shook its head and lowered the rifle and started to walk away. I did my best to catch up with it, but I couldn't quite reach her before I was falling on my face, so I did the only thing that seemed logical. I shouted at it, "Where are you going? Why didn't you pull the trigger?"

I'll never forget the look in that thing's eyes as it turned around to face me. What I saw was actual human emotion in those eyes. Pain. Anger. Sadness. Resignation. So many things all at once that I'll never forget. She just said, "Because you're not worth killing."

I screamed at her to take that back, to do it, but she just kept walking and by time I had managed to scurry over to my pistol, she was gone. She wouldn't kill me, because she didn't think I deserved it--didn't think I was worth it. I've had people try to kill me, lots of them, and there have even been a few times where I didn't even do anything to deserve it! But this--with her--it was different. I did deserve it, and she could've killed me, but she didn't. Maybe she shoul--nevermind. It's been great to visit with you, but I think it's time for me to get some rest, also, if you'd leave that bottle, I'd really appreciate what's left. Have a good night."

T'sen will communicate in Forest Green.

tofucake
2023-04-15, 12:23 PM
Hello folks, Copan will be communicating with purple then.

Lord of Gifts
2023-04-15, 01:55 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/94/5f/26/945f269bec121c07e197bd0f14a72664.jpg
Ce’ksca (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2779842)
EAC: 17 | KAC: 17 | CMAC: 25
HP: 27 | Stam: 24 | Res: 6
Fort: +4 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None

What world were you born on?
Verces.

Bounty hunting is not a "normal" life path for most people in the galaxy. Was there a defining moment that made you enter the business or did you happenstance your way into it?
Although they are not best known for their talents as a psychic, Ce’ksca did always find that their innate telepathic abilities were greater than those of the average Shirren. Combined with an inclination for marksmanship and a desire to see the universe beyond the deserts of Fullbright, this naturally lead to a career with the Swarm Patrol Corp.

On one fateful mission, Ce’ksca was assigned to protect a psychic relic while it was transported between planets. The ship was ambushed by pirates, the relic stolen single with much of the other cargo, and many of Ce’ksca’s comrades slain. When their superiors decided that it was not worth the resources to pursue the pirates, Ce’ksca resigned in disgust. After independently hunting down some of the pirates, they started chasing unrelated bounties to make a profit.

Who was the first bounty you ever hauled in?
Ivo Zal, an old and perpetually drunk pirate involved in ambushing Ce’ksca’s old teammates.

Tell me about your arch rival bounty hunter. Why do they despise your character?
Solengi Ironbane is an experienced Vesk warrior and a true devotee of the way of the Doshko. The first time they met, Ce’ksca was knew to bounty hunting and still actively hunting pirates. Solengi disapproved of the personal angle, emphasising that bounty hunting is strictly a matter of business and prestige, but dismissed Ce’ksca as an amateur. The second time they met, Solengi was hunting a young mystic whose only crime was to witness the indiscretions of a powerful man. Ce’ksca deemed this hunt to be morally wrong, and their intervention lead to violence. Since then, the pair have shared a mural hatred based on their differing philosophies towards the job.

Using dark red for verbal speech, and italicised dark red for telepathic speech.

Starbin
2023-04-16, 12:39 AM
Huzzah! I’ll take this if no one objects …

Shameless formatting steal from Zero Prime!

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/Rc90mzW0mzXwsAo2s6yEog__medium/img/vuK6z1m8nozZ_0cZOdggU4fRY10=/fit-in/500x500/filters:no_upscale():strip_icc()/pic3922961.png
Jax Stone (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2777797)
HP: 22 | CURRENT: 22 | STAMINA: 18 | CURRENT: 18 | RESOLVE: 5 | CURRENT: 5
KAC: 16 | EAC: 15 | CMAC: 24 | FORT: +1 | REF: +7 | WILL: +3
Active Effects: None.
Conditions: None.

Jax is tall and lean ... and deceptively fast for his height. He has dark brown eyes that range in hue depending on the lighting. He keeps his dark, curly hair short, but fashionable. His voice is usually soft and low, often with an undercurrent of snark or sarcasm. He prefers darker clothes that breath - loose enough to allow movement, but tight enough to avoid snagging on anything when he's moving with a purpose. He has a pistol on one hip and a baton on the other, with a sniper rifle on his back ... but also keeps a knife in his boot
As a child, Jax was quiet and unassuming - he preferred to watch and listen instead of standing out and drawing attention to himself. As a young man, after his first serious run in with the law (and almost going to prison), he became more outgoing. He will engage when he has questions, and often make wise-cracks during the toughest of times, almost as a way of coping with stress. He prefers crowds to being alone - a product of growing up on Absalom Station. One of his dreams was always to see the worlds at large, but it took a run-in with the law to make it a reality.
Jax grew up in the Spike, an orphan like so many others - harsh conditions and gang warfare tended to cut many lives short. Living in the underbelly, there were only three types of people - the tough, the quick and the dead. Fortunately, Jax fell into the camp of the quick; enough to not only survive but thrive. He avoided conflict for most of his early life, keeping his head down, staying to the shadows and avoiding the numerous gangs. However, everyone in the Spike ends up choosing a side, and Jax was no different. He joined up with the Scavengers, a group known for trafficking in rare materials and unique items. They tended to prefer a profit-oriented, mercantile approach to their illicit activities, vice the more brutal methods pursued by gangs like the Bulkheads and Karker's Hammers.

Unfortunately, that didn't make their exchanges any more legal. During a transport raid, the Scavengers were caught bringing in restricted cloning tech into the Station. Jax was part of the outer perimeter lookouts and after giving the signal to scram, he managed to escape capture ... but not being identified by the local authorities. Knowing it was a matter of time before they found him, Jax looked for alternatives to prison - his best option was off-station. He grabbed his bug out kit, found a transport headed for parts unknown, and left his home.

For the better part of tree years, Jax lived his 'dream' - traveling to different worlds, experiencing places and people he would likely never have seen if he had stayed at home. He worked several jobs over the years - scout, guard, transporter, 'acquirer.' However, it wasn't until he met Ragorn Stetson, a grizzled tracker turned bounty hunter, that he found something to truly pique his interest. The life wasn't glamorous or dripping with money, but it didn't take long for Jax to realize he'd rather spend life on the margins marching to the beat of his own drumbeat than slave along to the cracking whip of others. Fortunately, Ragorn liked the snarky young man and took him under his wing, introducing him to the job, the rules of the hunt, and the community. After just two years of OJT, Ragorn sponsored Jax and he earned his license as a fugitive recovery agent - a full-fledged bounty hunter.

Fast forward another couple of years, and Jax found himself staring at an advert, a call for the Great Shadow Tracker Tournament. With a gleam in his eyes, Jax made travel arrangements, anxious to see what this whole thing was about ...

BelGareth
2023-04-17, 09:15 AM
Here is Fix8 (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2577198)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1c/f3/56/1cf356c4427737c4534a3532532c1b23.jpg

He was built in the Diaspora, as part of his indentured contract to the Assailian Merchant Corps
- Bounty hunting is not a "normal" life path for most people in the galaxy. Was there a defining moment that made you enter the business, or did you happenstance your way into it?
After it was found his contract was illegal, he and his fellow minders turned on his form masters and freed themselves, he wondered for a time, not knowing what to do with his life, when he saw a bounty in a local station, and with nothing else to do, decided to give it a try.
Rashkar, the Strange, a dwarf pirate who plagued the Diaspora
Another former miner of the AMC, who decided to mimic Fix8, and become a bounty hunter. Starch9 is always trying to one up him, and is constantly watching newsfeed for anything pertaining to Fix8.

And I'll grab Bold Grey

Starbin
2023-04-20, 04:47 PM
So we're waiting on Nishai and an IC? Or did I miss something already :smallbiggrin:

BelGareth
2023-04-20, 10:04 PM
So we're waiting on Nishai and an IC? Or did I miss something already :smallbiggrin:

I think so? Or i missed it to

GreenDragonPage
2023-04-22, 11:49 AM
I will post the IC this weekend. I was just giving everyone time to report in. :)

BelGareth
2023-04-23, 09:35 AM
Sweet! No rush from me! I’m still on vacation.

GreenDragonPage
2023-04-25, 04:47 PM
The IC is now LIVE! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655996-IC-The-Great-Shadow-Tracker-Tournament-Starfinder)

Now for a little house cleaning as we begin our journey...

1) Your team may begin with either the tier 2 Pegasus-class ship (https://aonsrd.com/Starship_Examples.aspx?ItemName=Starfinder%20Socie ty%20Pegasus%20(Tier%2012)&Family=Pegasus%20(Explorer%20Frame%20Variant)) or the tier 2 Drake-class ship (https://aonsrd.com/Starship_Examples.aspx?ItemName=Starfinder%20Socie ty%20Drake%20(Tier%202)&Family=Drake%20(Transport%20Frame%20Variant)). Your wealthy benefactor is gifting you the ship, free of charge.

We will also need to select a name for your ship.

Melina Esperon, Scourge of the Centauri Cluster was a powerful pirate queen out in the far distant Centauri Cluster. She and your friend Osric had a working relationship - he would pay her money and she would agree not to attack his convoys or space-based factories. Their relationship became quite intimate, although Osric does not like to kiss and tell. Something happened and their relationship soured. You have always sensed that it was Osric's doing - intentionally or otherwise. Melina destroyed six of Osric's factories. You were the last team he could afford to hire. You managed to capture her on Osric's seventh (and last) space factory but not before she detonated a large bomb that obliterated the factory. You handed Melina into the proper authorities for a nice little reward. Between the bounty and Osric's payment, you each earned 1,000 credits.

I would like for each player to tell me something interesting or notable about Melina herself or about the way you were able to lure and capture her. I have purposefully not listed her species to give you, the players, even more fun!

tofucake
2023-04-26, 09:03 AM
Feel free to interject if anyone has better ideas. Let's say we posed as freelancers who had kidnapped Osric and were offering to sell him to her. The actual footage of Osric being gagged, hogtied and beaten that we sent to her helped to seal the deal. We even helped set up the bomb that blew up the factory. The moment when she was savoring the explosion of the factory was when we sprung the trap on her.

BelGareth
2023-04-27, 05:06 PM
I'll post tomorrow. I'm fine with either ship, not sure the difference tbh.

Feel free to interject if anyone has better ideas. Let's say we posed as freelancers who had kidnapped Osric and were offering to sell him to her. The actual footage of Osric being gagged, hogtied and beaten that we sent to her helped to seal the deal. We even helped set up the bomb that blew up the factory. The moment when she was savoring the explosion of the factory was when we sprung the trap on her.

sounds good to me

Starbin
2023-04-27, 05:21 PM
I'm in the same boat - no idea about which ship makes more sense, but I say we take a speedy runner type over a bulky fighter type ... if that's part of the trade space.

For the ships title, lots of good stuff out there ...
Periphery's Edge
Heart of Persephone
The Traveler
Galaxy's Heart
Star Rise on (planet of choice) as a few ideas

As for the plot, I'd suggest we NOT be responsible for the planting of bombs. Gives Osric too much reason to come after us. If he does double-cross us, I want it to feel like a betrayal and not something we had coming :smallbiggrin:

However, we could still be the outsourced group hired to kidnap him ... and maybe one of us was disguised at the lug when 'Surprise!' we turned out to be us!

I like the idea that my character was on overwatch during the reveal, and while Melina thought she had the situation still in hand, her lieutenant suddenly dropped from a shot, and the laser sighting trained itself on her forehead. A convincing enough argument for anyone to cease all hostilities.

Just my three or four cents.

BelGareth
2023-04-27, 05:39 PM
I'm in the same boat - no idea about which ship makes more sense, but I say we take a speedy runner type over a bulky fighter type ... if that's part of the trade space.

For the ships title, lots of good stuff out there ...
Periphery's Edge
Heart of Persephone
The Traveler
Galaxy's Heart
Star Rise on (planet of choice) as a few ideas

As for the plot, I'd suggest we NOT be responsible for the planting of bombs. Gives Osric too much reason to come after us. If he does double-cross us, I want it to feel like a betrayal and not something we had coming :smallbiggrin:

However, we could still be the outsourced group hired to kidnap him ... and maybe one of us was disguised at the lug when 'Surprise!' we turned out to be us!

I like the idea that my character was on overwatch during the reveal, and while Melina thought she had the situation still in hand, her lieutenant suddenly dropped from a shot, and the laser sighting trained itself on her forehead. A convincing enough argument for anyone to cease all hostilities.

Just my three or four cents.

ooh, ooh, Periphery's Edge is awesome!

FoxWyrd
2023-05-01, 04:20 AM
Sorry for not posting here yet. IRL has been hectic and stressful, but I wanted to ask if anyone else plans to make our first post in IC?

BelGareth
2023-05-01, 09:28 AM
im about to

BelGareth
2023-05-01, 09:48 AM

having finally been able to read the IC properly, i feel like this may be a bit off the tracks? I'm down to just join the games and see where that takes us.

BelGareth
2023-05-02, 10:51 AM
I posted, anyone else going to post?

GreenDragonPage
2023-05-05, 01:18 PM
Check in :)

BelGareth
2023-05-05, 02:16 PM
Check check, this thing on?

Starbin
2023-05-08, 09:21 AM
Sorry, last week I was travelling and once I got back, it was family time :).

I'll try to get my post in today.

BelGareth
2023-06-05, 11:31 AM
so this is dead then, huh?

Starbin
2023-06-05, 02:07 PM
Well ... we tried :)

BelGareth
2023-06-05, 02:19 PM
Well ... we tried :)

yeah, seems like starfinder just isn't as popular....shame.