PDA

View Full Version : Masak Ayam (escape the kitchen)

Alhallor
2023-04-17, 06:33 AM
Link to the recruiting thread, HERE! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655625-Masak-Ayam-(ESCAPE-THE-KITCHEN!))

Link to the IC thread, HERE (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?655791-Masak-Ayam-(escape-the-kitchen)-IC)

Hello guys!

Just that we are on the same page, we have 4 players

Ridai with Scramble Mc Roasty (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25755023&postcount=2)

Metastachydium with Enyo the tyrant (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25756019&postcount=10)

Cygnia with Thunderbok-bok-bok (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25756808&postcount=18)

and Batcathat with Ace (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25757062&postcount=20)

You can claim colors and all the usual things while I craft the first IC post. Just as something that may have not been obvious, some of the descriptions of the game may be a bit queasy. There is no gore but you do start in a kitchen ready to be eaten, if anyone wants to get out just shoot me a short message.

To lay some ground things too. You can talk to one another after you have awakened to your powers, you can also generally talk to other chickens/birds and you can "mostly" get along what you want to say but an unawakened bird or animal may have a short attention span or something. You can't understand the humans (without serious investments on your part).

The intro-scene has you awakening to your powers and you can freely act after the scene.

If something adverse happens to you you lose always only 1 HP (of your 6) should you get to 0 you are considered cooked (either by you're own powers or circumstances) Should you end up being cooked you're out of the game. They may be possibilities to recover you're HP.

Also you really don't need to stress of missing anything. This game is kinda relaxed in that regard even if they are some high-stakes scenes.

If you want to ask anything or something is unclear, send me a message here or as a PM.

Happy flocking!

Ridai
2023-04-17, 07:10 AM
Name: Scramble McRoasty
Color: Brown
Power: 3
Skill: 5
Hen Points (HP): 4/6 (as of 2023-08-05)
Human Cipher Count: 3/3 (as of 2023-05-13)

Mythological Bird: Vedrfölnir (the hawk sitting between the eyes of the eagle sitting on top of Yggdrasil, sending Ratatosk back and forth to Nidhogg at the base of Yggdrasil to exchange insults)
Chicken Power: Heckle
Scramble is able to heckle anyone to a degree that the target becomes so irate they forget what they actually wanted to do to in favor of slinging insults back, so fed up they just go for lunch (or go home), or so distraught they start distracting other people while looking for emotional support. Scramble can also send a messenger, basically any animal or insect around, maybe even humans, sometimes even objects if they can move somewhere somehow to deliver, say, an insult written on it, or falling over to make weirdly insulting noises. This even works on objects, like doors swinging open in frustration to get the damn chicken away, or a knife refusing to be lifted off the table (or refusing to cut) because it is busy pouting.

Because of Scramble's poor Power stat, the fact that most other beings can't actually understand chickens, and insults from a chicken in general not being very effective (and frankly, Scramble is not the most creative of insult slingers), using her power rarely actually works out. Sometimes it hilariously backfires, such as a door just slapping Scramble around before closing again, or a guardperson now specifically going for the chicken. Scramble tends to make up for this by being the slipperiest chicken to ever chicken.

Backstory: Scramble McRoasty is a chicken with attitude, and everyone knows it. Flew the coop many a times, clucking wherever she pleased, and ain't no one make her into a soup! The farmers gave up on trying to catch her long ago (a whole three months!), but the chef has a personal vendetta against Scramble ever since the chicken made those sassy head rotations at him, and then even bit him in the ear! The nerve! But Scramble won't be made into affordable grilled chicken. She's the one who roasts!

Be sure to repost your sheets here, as recruitment threads don't necessarily last forever.

Suffered 1 damage because of insulting a door and losing the exchange by getting flattened against the wall.
Healed 1 damage due to figuring out the peoples language and figuring out their encoding errors.
Suffered 1 damage by revealing herself dramatically to Janitor and getting flattened against the wall.
Suffered 1 damage from getting noised at by peoples calling themselves badgers.

Cygnia
2023-04-17, 08:11 AM
In today's news~! (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cockfight-shooting-honolulu_n_643d2f7ce4b0ac40918c4fb4)

Metastachydium
2023-04-17, 08:13 AM
[MANIC laughter (, the chicken version of).]

Name: Enyo the Tyrant
Color: Black with red legs
Power: 4
Skill: 4
HP: 5/6

Mythological Bird: The Lidérc Chicken (a creepy little shapeshifting galliform "familiar" hatching from a specially treated chicken egg that amasses wealth for its bonded "master" but takes blood or lifeforce in exchange and is really, really difficult to get rid of)

Chicken Powers:
–What-What-What?: Enyo can acquire anything. Anything. (Well, so long as it's small enough for a chicken to carry and shiny. Or valuable. But preferably both.) How? Hard to tell. She just knows.
–Press (the Attack): A real menace, Enyo knows no mercy. She can jump on the chest of a sleeping, unconscious or otherwise supine and immobile human and draw BLOOD. Or breath. The human's. Neither's really healthy.
–Hang on There: Once attached, always attached! If Enyo grabs hold of someone with her talons, she's impossible to remove unless she leaves of her own accord or receives some really surreal and absurd order that conflicts with her staying attached.
–The Paramorph: Once per night when in a dark place, Enyo can grow big, taking the form of a hook-nosed, scrawny human woman. With chicken legs. And very poor coordination. And a vocabulary that consists entirely of "what-what-what".

Backstory: In the works.

In today's news~! (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cockfight-shooting-honolulu_n_643d2f7ce4b0ac40918c4fb4)

Chickens are serious business!

Edit: Do tell if you'd like the psycho chicken vibe thing toned down.

Cygnia
2023-04-17, 10:42 AM
Name: Thunderbok
Color: markings of a Rhode Island red
Power: 5
Skill: 2

Legendary Bird: The many indigenous tribes of North America tell tales of the great THUNDERBIRD~! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(mythology)) He who could create thunder by flapping his mighty wings and throw lightning from his steely gaze!

Thunderbok might not be quite as mighty (yet)...

Chicken Powers
BZORK~!: Shoots a short blast of lightning (natch). Good for tazing or shorting out electrics.
SONIC BOOM~!: Stuns and causes temporary deafness
RIDE THE LIGHTNING~!: Short distance teleport
GALE FORCE~!: Summon whirling winds to knockback a foe or kick up surrounding debris
STORMBRINGER~!: THUNDER! LIGHTNING! WIND! BIG MESS! (This should probably have a longer "recharge time" than the others)

Backstory: In the works...

Alhallor
2023-04-17, 12:12 PM
Just that you know, if you have a better description of your powers in mind, don't hesitate to file in another description. It was just something that immediately came to mind for me. In that first iteration of your powers, you don't have to roll, it just succeeds.

The chicken news are both unbelievable and weird, I appreciate it!

Ridai
2023-04-17, 01:16 PM
For everything Scramble does, as a guideline, lean towards the cartoonish. She is much more likely to have someone turn red with steam coming out of the ears and the sound of a kettle, or leave people completely befuddled, instead of making people despair.

Metastachydium
2023-04-17, 03:17 PM
I'm going for more of a demented dark comedy feel myself. Also, I forgot to roll for Power usage, not that I know how to do that exactly. Is it a d6? I'll roll one; Power stat is at 4: [roll0] (plus [roll1] Power backlash risk roll).

Cygnia
2023-04-17, 05:48 PM
Chicken sunglasses (https://www.livemint.com/market/stock-market-news/why-did-the-chicken-wear-red-eyeglasses-11622389260089.html) are REAL!

Batcathat
2023-04-18, 06:55 AM
Name: Archibald "Ace"1 Tully
Color: Reddish brown, with darker circles around each eye.
Power: 5
Skill: 2

Mythological Bird: Huginn and Muninn, raven spies of Odin, also known as Thought and Memory. (I figured they are almost always referred to as a unit, but if necessary I can pick just one of them.)

Chicken Powers:

Eldritch Instruction Manual: Sometimes, Archibald Tully knows of things no chicken was meant to know, somehow knowing things about the Architects of the Kitchen and their unfathomable culture. More specifically, this means Archibald can learn things such as using human tools (within physical limits), reading their language or having an idea about how humans might act in a particular situation.
Seeing Beyond (the Kitchen): Like his famous predecessors served as Odin's eyes all over Nine Worlds, Archibald can focus to extending his senses far away from himself (by chicken standards, at least. His maximum range seems to be about one room over).

Backstory:

Archibald may have been the runt of the clutch, but he had the biggest beak in both the literal and figurative sense, making himself heard whether others wanted to or not. This gave him an unusual place in the pecking order, sometimes able to push his ideas onto others with equal parts initiative, intelligence and arrogance but just as often just annoying everyone else until they pecked him raw.

Always having a good eye for human behavior – that would eventually blossom into something more – Archibald was very adapt at not being chosen when the butcher came calling, perhaps standing just out of sight or looking a little bit sickly. But no amount of instinct and intelligence could protect him from a flock that has heard one "Uhm, actually..." too many – one day the farmer entered the coop and all the other chickens moved as one to rush past him out into the yard. Although confused and annoyed, the farmer was also quite lazy and grabbed the one chicken still standing in front of him.

(1 There is no record2 of anyone but Archibald Tully himself referring to himself as "Ace".)
(2 Or at least there wasn't, until this thread. So I guess the above is no longer technically accurate.)

Alhallor
2023-04-19, 05:38 AM
I knew about Chicken saddles (https://myfavoritechicken.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/lipstick_and_chickens-1581472100301.jpg) but glasses are news to me.

Just hoping that they got them put on relatively gently.

REGARDING HUMAN SPEECH AND LANGUAGE:

I thought I try something interesting here. I put a (I think relatively easy) chiffre on human speak and text. If you solve them (post the solution in the thread) you're characters understand what they are reading/hearing and you get a different chiffre. If you solve 3 of them you can henceforth all understand human speak and signs!

We can play without that, it was just something fun that may be amusing for you.

Batcathat
2023-04-19, 05:53 AM
If I had known about all these chicken accessories, I might've made some sort of fashion chicken instead. Though I'm not sure if there are any mythological fashion birds... Maybe I should look into French or Italian folklore? :smallwink:

Alhallor
2023-04-19, 06:41 AM
Seriously some kind of fashion chicken would be hilarious, but don't forget The walk (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Awaelu3RaMt-UyA7wqU48mfMOJvI48y1pRIG6MdgdGA/edit)

Ridai
2023-04-19, 07:09 AM
REGARDING HUMAN SPEECH AND LANGUAGE:

I thought I try something interesting here. I put a (I think relatively easy) chiffre on human speak and text. If you solve them (post the solution in the thread) you're characters understand what they are reading/hearing and you get a different chiffre. If you solve 3 of them you can henceforth all understand human speak and signs!

We can play without that, it was just something fun that may be amusing for you.

I played the optional puzzle quests in The Secret World, your riddles don't scare me! :smallfurious:

Cygnia
2023-04-19, 09:19 AM
Can Thunderbok see the other chickens in the kitchen with him?

And yeah, I find the weirdest things on the Interbutts. I remember the chicken sunglasses from an old episode of "Storage Wars". :smallcool:

Metastachydium
2023-04-19, 10:56 AM
Seriously some kind of fashion chicken would be hilarious, but don't forget The walk (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Awaelu3RaMt-UyA7wqU48mfMOJvI48y1pRIG6MdgdGA/edit)

That's one bird with an attitude! (And pretty feathers, too.)

Can Thunderbok see the other chickens in the kitchen with him?

Based on the map, he should be able to detect Enyo (but perhaps not the other way round; she's too busy FEASTING ON THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT.)

Alhallor
2023-04-19, 12:55 PM
Thunderbok should be able to see the other chickens with the exception of Scramble who goes off in to the complete other direction.

And perhaps Ace because he got cover.

Attitude chicken was one of mine. I'll probably sneak more pictures in if it fits.

Metastachydium
2023-04-20, 12:27 PM
Attitude chicken was one of mine. I'll probably sneak more pictures in if it fits.

Please do even if it doesn't!

Batcathat
2023-04-20, 01:31 PM
Power roll! [roll0]

Please don't make it hurt roll! [roll1]

Cygnia
2023-04-22, 03:06 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/34/c5/4f/34c54fefb2461e339b83b3dbcfd3969e--judge-dread-cartoon-tattoos.jpg

Ridai
2023-04-22, 03:20 PM
Scramble sees this and spontaneously salutes.

A flag of a majestic round chicken fills the background.

Hit chicken super group "The Spicy Nuggets" bawks the national anthem.

Alhallor
2023-04-24, 11:10 PM
The judge dredd picture is very appreciated but I have come down with the big C and can't do much at all. I tell you when I be able to think straight again.

Metastachydium
2023-04-25, 02:19 PM
The judge dredd picture is very appreciated but I have come down with the big C and can't do much at all. I tell you when I be able to think straight again.

Fight back! I know you can beat the ever-loving **** out of it!

https://media.tenor.com/1yeqCXPZnBcAAAAC/chicken-family-guy-fights.gif
https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-16-2015/oCXMHd.gif

But seriously, get better fast, man!

Alhallor
2023-05-02, 03:48 AM
I've reemerged victoriously! (I still feel a bit addled, my sense of smell is a bit less than before but it does come back every day a bit more.)

I've made a new post in the IC and you all can freely wreak havoc if you want.

Ridai
2023-05-02, 06:09 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better. :smallsmile:

Ah, just as planned. Instant karma for Scramble trying to use her power!

My vote for how Scramble loses 1 HP is that the door flings open, pancakes her against the wall, and swings shut. :smallbiggrin:

Alhallor
2023-05-02, 06:25 AM
You are good at these!

the misspelling was a mistake, but we'd just leave it in. The door naming guy just had a really bad day at this door guys.

Metastachydium
2023-05-02, 09:11 AM
I've reemerged victoriously! (I still feel a bit addled, my sense of smell is a bit less than before but it does come back every day a bit more.)

HAH! Welcome back!

Alhallor
2023-05-09, 01:16 AM
I had a pretty intense weekend which spilled over into monday, I should be able to post more regularly now.

Ridai
2023-05-09, 03:10 AM
Scramble wanted to go to the west at the intersection.

Metastachydium
2023-05-09, 09:04 AM
And Enyo meant to follow Scramble. (Which is a good thing. If she saw unslaughtered human civilians…)

Alhallor
2023-05-10, 01:18 AM
Should be corrected, they may be more mayhem ahead.

Ridai
2023-05-10, 08:54 AM
Ooh, this is pretty neat.

I did some checks for numerical substitution (I -> 1 -> A, II -> 2 -> B etc.), and Caesar cipher after doing the numerical substitution, those seem to be out. My current guess is that it may be mono-alphabetic substitution cipher behind a simple numerical substitution cipher, maybe a shift cipher. For example, if we assume the first four letters result in "What?", that would mean shifting from the Roman numerals in a pattern of -3 -> +2 -> -3 -> +2, but that breaks down in the second line, so that could be just coincidence.

For the mono-alphabetic substitution after numerical, we would get "TJXV? [W]EAXT[E]BLQQ[U]QLQ?" after the numerical substitution, with the W, E, and U uncertain whether these are solved letters or part of the phrase that needs to be decoded. The phrase is pretty damn short and there isn't much repetition beyond the XVII/Q, which makes this very open ended. Likely candidates for the Q might be E or S, since there are several English words with EE or SS.

Open questions:
Are the W, E, and U already correct letters due to our chicken's partial human language mastery, since they don't fit into the Roman numeral pattern at all?
Is the "XXIIII" correct, since usually 24 is written as XXIV, with "XXIIII" being kind of obscure number slang, or was this deliberate as a hint these aren't supposed to be Roman numerals?
Are there Germanisms in the solved phrase, making the solution more difficult? :smalltongue:

I'll update if I find out more.

Alhallor
2023-05-10, 01:15 PM
W E and U are already correct letters to complicate the cipher to be honest.

XXIIII is the correct writing because I thought it's easier to understand.

Ridai
2023-05-10, 04:09 PM
XXIIII is the correct writing because I thought it's easier to understand.

But it is meant to be a Roman 24?

Alhallor
2023-05-11, 12:09 AM
Yes! It's supposed to be 24. My brain convinced me that it's easier to understand than XXIV.

Ridai
2023-05-11, 06:36 AM
My current hypothesis is that this is a substitution cipher, but the phrase is so damn short that I'd have to brute force substitutions (and this has literally millions of possible permutations), since I have no indication of white spaces, it is unclear whether the solved letters can appear elsewhere in the cipher, and I frankly am half suspecting the guy to speak in a way I wouldn't expect people to speak in English given how you write (no offense).

I'll pass on this one or wait on more samples. Trying to solve this right now would be hours of tedious work and not much fun.

Cygnia
2023-05-11, 05:57 PM
Awwww....

https://mediachomp.com/the-sweet-story-of-a-lesbian-hen-couple/

Batcathat
2023-05-12, 03:37 AM
Awwww....

https://mediachomp.com/the-sweet-story-of-a-lesbian-hen-couple/

Aww, indeed. Sweet story. Seems like "opposites attract" can be true for hens too, with the small angry one and the big cowardly one hooking up. :smallsmile:

The social life of animals can be pretty interesting. I remembering interviewing a farmer who had all sorts of animals and she explained that one of her cats was the boss of all the animals (well, mostly. Apparently the horses pretty much ignored it when it tried bossing them around) while the lone pig was the lowest ranking animal. Watching a cat making it clear to a pig (who was quite small for a pig but still like three times the size of a cat) it wasn't allowed to eat yet was equal parts amusing and sad.

Alhallor
2023-05-13, 01:20 AM
at Ridai: No offense taken, I know my writing can be pretty jumbled or disjointed at times.

Regarding the cipher I wan't to make clear that you are correct with "WHAT?" As the first word and have basically solved the cipher with only one step missing.

at hens: d'awww, that's really cute! Reminded me of two hens that we only sold together because they were always so close. As a pedantic chicken owner I have to say that the spurs are not a rooster only thing, I have several hens who have gotten spurs. and yes brooding can transform a normally totally balanced and normal chicken into a feathery ball of rage and madness.

Just ask Enyo. (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/miqR3s_FZVU)

Edit: The cipher was a lot easier this time! I broke it up to make it easier to read.

Ridai
2023-05-13, 05:29 AM
I could safely discard this being substitution with the second cipher since that immediately produced garbage in the first line using the "WHAT" substitutions from the first cipher.

But even the 3, -2 shift pattern that started working in the first cipher then broke down later, even if I offset the order after a solved letter. I am either getting "WHAT? [W]HYAR[E]EJTO[U]TJT?" or "WHAT? [W]HYAR[E]ZOOT[U]TJT?" or "WHAT? [W]CDVW[E]EJTO[U]OOO?". The [3, -2] producing WHAT WHY ARE seems like it should work, but just breaks down after the solved E, and I don't think I know a number sequence that only starts diverging after four repetitions of the same numbers.

With the second cipher, the [3, -2] immediately didn't work, since the first line is most likely "I'm". In that one, through guessing, I was able to get to "I'm going to put you all", but the shift pattern for that was
[13, 2, -3, 2, 3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -12, 3, -2, 3] which seems like nonsense (why the random 13, and -12? Why is the first 2 positive? Why is the first 3 negative?). Taking the [3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -12] part of that, since that is similar to what I used to get the "What why are" in the first cipher into the first cipher also produced garbage.

I also have no clue yet what is going on with the last word in the second cipher. That one doesn't seem to like any sequence whatsoever.

edit: I think the second cipher is supposed to be "I'm going to put you all back!", but the sequence is [13, 2, -3, 2, 3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -12, 3, -2, 3, -1, 3, -2]. Highlighted the parts I think are just wrong. Given this, I think the sequence is broken for the first cipher as well, but in a different way. Notably, the sequence in the second cipher ignores solved letters, so there are no offsets, but if I apply the 3, -2 to the first cipher in the same way, I just get garbage after the E.

edit2: Going with guessing, I was able to get the first cipher to "What? Why are you out", but the sequence is [3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -2, 3, -2, -3, 3, 4, -2, 3], with two letters remaining that seem like nonsense. If it is supposed to be "outside?" or "out here?", two letters are missing in both cases, and the given Roman numerals are way too far from those letters.

edit3: Now with tables!
First cipher (first row: code, second row: shift number, third row: solution)

XX X XXIIII XXII ? W V I XXIIII XX E II XII XVII XVII U XVII XII XVII ?

3 -2 3 -2 3 -2 3 2 -3 3 4 -2 3 ? ?

W H A T ? W H Y A R E Y O U O U T ? ? ?

Second cipher

XXII ' XI X XIII i XI IX XVII XVII P XVIII XXII XXII XXVII U XXIIII XIIII IX III A XXVI XIII

13 2 -3 2 3 -2 3 -2 3 -2 3 -12 3 -2 3 -1 3 -2

I ' M G O I N G T O P U T Y O U A L L B A C K

edit4: I think I deserve my lost HP back for working out a broken cipher. :smalltongue:

Alhallor
2023-05-13, 06:45 AM
You definitely should get you're HP back...
It really was supposed to be -3 +2; -3 +2 normal letter, repeat.

I double-checked every part several times, I'm really bad at this.

You definitely deserved to get understand them speaking, sorry for all the unnecessary hard work.

Ridai
2023-05-13, 07:15 AM
It happens, it's mostly just funny to me now that I worked it out. The first cipher was too short (too little information) to work out what was going on (and I still don't know what is up with those two last letters), the second handed me enough to work things out, between knowing where the whitespaces are, more letters being used, and it just being longer.

That said, there is an interesting challenge in working out a somewhat garbled cipher (or errors in the message before it was even encoded to begin with), as long as there is enough information to work with to notice something's up. :smallamused:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/897/373/5d0.png

Metastachydium
2023-05-13, 11:02 AM
Well, damn. You're, like, good at stuff!

Alhallor
2023-05-15, 09:11 AM
Yes, That is definitely me in the picture. :biggrin:
Even I don't know what's up with the last two letters in the first cipher, They shouldn't have been there!

I'm very glad that you had fun, I would have probably thrown it against a wall, because I'm really bad at pattern-recognition when it's even slighty garbled. (Or even normal pattern-recognition)

Generally for posting.

We currently have somewhat of a combat encounter which means that I would like to wait till everyone has posted, when normally I'd wait till like half the people have posted and I have some time to write an answer is that ok with all of you, should I consider something specific or are you okay with that pace?

Metastachydium
2023-05-15, 09:19 AM
It's fine! (Okay, I'd love to know now if that sorry bastasrd still has both of those eyes attached, but I'm not going topush for rushing anything.)

Ridai
2023-05-15, 10:01 AM
I'm okay with waiting, but you might need to implement/communicate how long you'll wait in these situations. It might become a situation where no one knows who everyone is waiting on otherwise.

Cygnia
2023-05-15, 11:59 AM
Am I correct in the fact that those "white sentinels" look like computer desks on the map?

Alhallor
2023-05-16, 02:51 AM
@Cygnia: Yes, they most certainly are! But more like medical monitors, but without the constant beeping.

@Time before sudden GM post: I always thought 2 days is a bit harsh (especially with harsh weekends, that I mostly have.) What would you all think about 3 days from the last player post (if not everyone else has posted before) May make for a slower pace but seems pretty fair.

Ridai
2023-05-16, 03:02 AM
I'm fine with that.

Metastachydium
2023-05-16, 07:54 AM
Roger roger on this end.

Cygnia
2023-05-16, 07:56 AM
Gonna give y'all a heads-up that I'll be away on vacation from June 21-25.

Ridai
2023-05-17, 04:55 AM
Scrambling out of the way of the nightmare dog pushed door [roll0]

Cygnia
2023-05-18, 11:47 AM
Scramble vs Goggie!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsYlzOdAFEU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MTIyMzRjYmRlZg==

Ridai
2023-05-18, 03:18 PM
Scramble vs Goggie!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsYlzOdAFEU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MTIyMzRjYmRlZg==

"This is lies and slander, and I will not- okay the bit on the roof is pretty accurate but- what's important is that I should be the one chasing!" *folds wings, chicken-pouts*

Alhallor
2023-05-19, 02:19 AM
The question is can a chicken put a dog in it's place? I mean Skill is what a chicken can theoretically with the body of a chicken do (in the book, building a rocket wouldn't work, no matter how good the skill roll.)

Ok, it works! (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ER3SbESbvs8)

Batcathat
2023-05-19, 07:01 AM
My roll get screwed up (I did preview the post, but then I copy-pasted it into a new post, but I guess it still affected it somehow) so here it is instead.

Skill roll! [roll0]

Ridai
2023-05-19, 07:59 AM
The question is can a chicken put a dog in it's place? I mean Skill is what a chicken can theoretically with the body of a chicken do (in the book, building a rocket wouldn't work, no matter how good the skill roll.)

Ok, it works! (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ER3SbESbvs8)

Much like the video, I expect the kick itself to do basically nothing in terms of harm beyond the mild discomfort of a sudden nose boop, but apart from that, anything* is possible with enough attitude**!

* some things
** including potentially getting flattened

Cygnia
2023-05-22, 08:22 AM
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/clucking-madness-in-loving-memory-of-the-chicken-that-changed-music-forever/

Ridai
2023-05-22, 09:45 AM
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/clucking-madness-in-loving-memory-of-the-chicken-that-changed-music-forever/

Scramble salutes poor Mary Cluckers

Cygnia
2023-05-23, 12:57 PM
Baby chickies! (https://twitter.com/SuzytheSilkie/status/1661046987125563392)

Alhallor
2023-05-24, 08:12 AM
The first article is sad and a bit upsetting.

The second is: Baby chicks! I'll send a video when my have hatched too. ^^

Metastachydium
2023-05-24, 09:49 AM
Baby chickies! (https://twitter.com/SuzytheSilkie/status/1661046987125563392)

This… This makes me happy.

The second is: Baby chicks! I'll send a video when my have hatched too. ^^

[Starts bouncing about in expectation.]

Alhallor
2023-05-24, 10:36 AM
They are at day 11 in the egg, you need to have some patience I fear.

Metastachydium
2023-05-24, 11:01 AM
They are at day 11 in the egg, you need to have some patience I fear.

Not ideal, but I can bounce about for a really long time in expectation if it comes to things like that.

Alhallor
2023-05-24, 02:23 PM
Link should work now. The cards do look rather simple.

Cygnia
2023-05-24, 08:43 PM
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/cdc-chickens-backyard-salmonella-kissing-cuddling?utm_medium=gastro-page&utm_source=facebook

Ridai
2023-05-25, 01:58 AM
Plot twist!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/66148738787180544/1111183642480349234/8o9iorp68k1b1.png

Metastachydium
2023-05-25, 06:13 AM
Plot twist!

Man, how did I not notice that before?

Metastachydium
2023-05-31, 06:51 AM
Is that a CROCOSPHINX? I love those things!

Alhallor
2023-05-31, 07:24 AM
Some would say it's a Crocosphinx, others would say it's a big scaly chicken. (https://www.theodysseyonline.com/how-chickens-evolved-from-the-tyrannosaurus-rex)

Metastachydium
2023-05-31, 08:09 AM
Some would say it's a Crocosphinx, others would say it's a big scaly chicken. (https://www.theodysseyonline.com/how-chickens-evolved-from-the-tyrannosaurus-rex)

Interesting fact: that's mostly (re)convergent evolution at work; all birds share a common ancestor with the common ancestor of Dromaeasaurids, and this common ancestor shares one with Tyrannosaurids. Not that being distant cousins with rather than direct descendants of Big T. ever stopped chickens from being badass, so well played!

Ridai
2023-06-01, 01:05 PM
Ah, the classic "and the whole party is confounded by a simple door". We have reached the true roleplaying experience.

Also, gotta roll another 1d6 on that Power roll to check for damage.

Alhallor
2023-06-01, 02:41 PM
To give the doors some credit they are all there to stop the likes of a Crocosphinx, which elevates it out of the "simple door" status.

Metastachydium
2023-06-01, 02:54 PM
Ah, the classic "and the whole party is confounded by a simple door". We have reached the true roleplaying experience.

Why, yes! The true bane of every invisible character, a closed door!

Also, gotta roll another 1d6 on that Power roll to check for damage.

Rright. Here it comes: [roll0]

Cygnia
2023-06-07, 09:03 AM
Dangit, I have a theory where the key might be -- but Thunderbok probably wouldn't make the connection.

Batcathat
2023-06-07, 03:34 PM
You learn something new every day. Today it was by googling what the little skin thing under a chicken's beak is called. :smalltongue:

Ridai
2023-06-07, 03:49 PM
I'm learning Important Chicken Facts here! :smallamused:

Cygnia
2023-06-08, 08:15 AM
*whistles innocently*

https://i0.wp.com/www.geeksaresexy.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/next.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

Cygnia
2023-06-10, 02:00 PM
As an FYI, I'll be away on vacation from June 21-25th. I'll have my phone, but formatting posts on it is a pain.

Ridai
2023-06-10, 03:38 PM
Have a nice vacation. :smallsmile:

Cygnia
2023-06-10, 05:10 PM
Going to Origins! :smallbiggrin:

Cygnia
2023-06-11, 08:09 AM
I found something that needs to be added to our flock's soundtrack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMj39kCPM84

Cygnia
2023-06-11, 11:53 AM
Flock around and find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTngP6D01ow

Metastachydium
2023-06-11, 12:16 PM
I found something that needs to be added to our flock's soundtrack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMj39kCPM84

This… Works surprisingly well as music, actually. (And yeah, enjoy your off-time when the time comes for that.)

Metastachydium
2023-06-14, 03:26 PM
I figured you might want to see this:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5pq4hZcQ31r3ddn8o1_500.jpg

Ridai
2023-06-14, 03:29 PM
That certainly fits this game. :smalleek:

Batcathat
2023-06-14, 03:35 PM
Is it weird that I'm more worried about the suspicious chicken than the demonic child? :smallconfused:

Alhallor
2023-06-14, 04:14 PM
The button eyes on the child are weird. And yes the chicken is very suspicious. :smalleek:

Cygnia
2023-06-14, 05:50 PM
That chicken knows what's up! :smalleek:

Metastachydium
2023-06-15, 01:23 PM
Chicken: Soon. Very soon.

A quick question: is the healing once per game or once per rest? And another: are the effects of time passing varying or worrying?

Alhallor
2023-06-15, 04:26 PM
The healing is once per game.

@varying or worrying: Yes.

It can be both.

Cygnia
2023-06-21, 08:21 AM
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/researchers-pinpoint-date-when-chickens-were-first-domesticated-180980212/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=6202023&utm_content=archival

Ridai
2023-06-21, 10:42 AM
https://twitter.com/bytwistwood/status/1281343461925556226
(also check the post right below this one)

Metastachydium
2023-06-21, 11:45 AM
https://twitter.com/bytwistwood/status/1281343461925556226
(also check the post right below this one)

Hah! (Also, that's just too cute.)

Edit: Sadly, my chicken appears to be somewhat less competent in the creative murderization department.

Alhallor
2023-06-22, 02:01 AM
Freshly hatched chicks. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnbeD-SId1g)

RL ouzel. (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/u82uxJBJza4)

Cygnia
2023-06-27, 06:35 AM
https://64.media.tumblr.com/5c014250339c2dec883050bd4e2882f1/6b605fe6fde46fe0-6f/s400x600/f104c10c1507a5c281284ac96552d130b3713177.png

Metastachydium
2023-06-27, 01:37 PM
Freshly hatched chicks. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnbeD-SId1g)

RL ouzel. (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/u82uxJBJza4)

CHICKIES! [Starts bouncing around.] I didn't catch this. HOW DID I NOT CATCH THIS?? [Bouncing around intensifies.]

Alhallor
2023-06-28, 03:10 AM
Look at that, I found a rare picture, with a real life quote from Scramble! (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1ZnPyVMb3wBeke_QqZuybR2GBZf4aKmNT8-mjxjEkDSM/edit)

(I know I'm bad at this, but I couldn't resist.)

@Ridai: Make another Skill check, not for impressing but for something different.

Ridai
2023-06-28, 03:53 AM
Has 5 in 6 chance to succeed
Still fails
Chad chimken

https://image.spreadshirtmedia.net/image-server/v1/compositions/T635A399PA6209PT17X4Y25D320531874W34999H34999/views/1,width=550,height=550,appearanceId=399,background Color=212735,noPt=true/retro-vintage-neon-haehnchen-hahn-huhn-sonnenbrille-maenner-bio-t-shirt.jpg

[roll0]

Edit: As I said

Metastachydium
2023-06-28, 03:51 PM
AN EARLY WARNING:

I'll be away for the first three days of July, and might be quite sparse the following week, especially around the 6th and 7th.
I apologize well in advance for any inconvenience or slowdown this might cause.

Cygnia
2023-06-28, 04:03 PM
*fires up the grill for Enyo*

:smallbiggrin:

Alhallor
2023-07-03, 07:22 AM
Just as a heads up, we are currently in glorious combat that's why I'm waiting for Cygnia and Batcathat for action before continuing. On the other hand it's around the 4th of July I'm ready to wait a little longer.

Cygnia
2023-07-03, 07:57 AM
Yeah, apologies on my end for lack of postage -- hoping I can get a free moment to myself away from family obligations to properly engage with Thunderbok~!

Batcathat
2023-07-03, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I've been a bit busy too (and I can't even blame the date on account of being Swedish. :smallwink: ), I'll post something tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Alhallor
2023-07-07, 02:48 AM
Just because I read the description of the downstairs-stairs again and thought it sounded weird.

If there are 10 steps and you are at 5

steps 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 are lighting up

dark dark light light light light (also Ace) light light light dark dark.

But you can't see how deep it goes because it seems someone like dramatic effects (It's also not supposed to be some kind of puzzle should you be worrying about that, just really fancy stairs.)

Metastachydium
2023-07-10, 03:59 PM
*fires up the grill for Enyo*

:smallbiggrin:

Looks like there's no need. She'll manage that on her own. (So… Help? (Oh, and I also believe Ace would recognize a certain something something if he came back up.))

Alhallor
2023-07-13, 11:53 AM
@Cygnia,batcathat: I do consider us still in combat, which means we can only found out if Enyo is well done or "eww, still raw outside". After you're post.

Batcathat
2023-07-13, 04:54 PM
Sorry, had missed a few posts. Posted now.

Though just so I'm sure, Archibald doesn't actually have the right thingy, right? He tried grabbing a card earlier but screwed it up, if I understood things correctly.

Alhallor
2023-07-14, 02:11 AM
Yes, Ace has missed the card and sadly his normally quite helpful Eldritch instructions are drawing a total blank (at least they don't hurt him.)

Ridai
2023-07-14, 08:13 AM
I know better than to trust I'll make it, so does Scramble scramble out of the way of danger?!
[roll0] The dice roller tried! But IT FAILED, HA!

Also I had myself a right proper giggle at Chicken Soccer. Sports! Go team! :smallbiggrin:

Cygnia
2023-07-14, 08:43 AM
Chicken soccer (https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/kovzr/chicken_soccer/), you say? :smalltongue:

Metastachydium
2023-07-18, 03:17 PM
DISCLAIMER: In actual fact, there is no class of chicken better than Scramble. Somewhare deep down, even Enyo might know this. She just… Might also want to feed people to a Crocosphinx.

Ridai
2023-07-18, 06:49 PM
This is the one game where chaotically splitting the party is peak thematic play. An update or two ago, I was thinking about getting whatever the Slender Scientist had to Animal Storage to free those chicken. But through the power of the Collective Chimken, Enyo is doing just that instead.

Alhallor
2023-07-21, 03:29 AM
@Cygnia: With Scramble having rolled a perfectly nice throw you catch the thingy immaculately.

Alhallor
2023-07-28, 02:50 AM
1. The reaction to "Execute Protocol Furious Badger" is comedy gold, it's just great.

2. For freeing all the inhabitants all of you can add another point in either Skill or Power. (BUT IT CAN'T GET ABOVE 5!)

3. You can pretty much order the other guys around, they doing things are just stuff that they are suggesting (but the Sphinx would really have a hard time getting through there.)

4. I'm having a blast so far, writing for the chicken game is really great and I love reading you're reactions.

Ridai
2023-07-28, 09:52 AM
"And on this day, Scramble became better at insulting everything."

I am assuming that with "adjucate" (which doesn't seem to be a word?) you mean add a point?

Cygnia
2023-07-28, 09:53 AM
...yeah, that extra point will bump up Thunderbok's Skill to 3~!

Alhallor
2023-07-28, 10:04 AM
Yes I meant adding a point. Don't know what my brain wanted to tell me, perhaps "sleep more."

Metastachydium
2023-07-28, 11:18 AM
Neat! Seeing how I had to realize that Enyo's murderization powers need setting up her other powers may or may not be able to help with, I'll even out the numbers for a 4 to 4 split.

Yes I meant adding a point. Don't know what my brain wanted to tell me, perhaps "sleep more."

Thy brain is wise and speaketh wisdom! (Sleeping is underrated.)

Alhallor
2023-07-31, 02:41 PM
Just want to make sure you want to make a stand and fight against the "badger"? You definitely can I just want to make sure.

Metastachydium
2023-07-31, 02:47 PM

Did the DM just say "just want to make sure" twice? I… Don't like the ring of that, all of a sudden.

Ridai
2023-07-31, 03:13 PM
Scramble has no idea something is actually happening or really coming, so she is currently more busy shooing the Non Player Chicken off to a safe place so they can adventure without needing to babysit.

Alhallor
2023-07-31, 04:44 PM

Did the DM just say "just want to make sure" twice? I… Don't like the ring of that, all of a sudden.

Yes I guess I did... It's not a "are you sure you want to do this?" More a "you could go into battle or go this other way?"

NPC chicken will act accordingly.

Metastachydium
2023-08-01, 12:26 PM
Ah, okay. Enyo believes she is a fancy feathers tactical genius and she doesn't want to let a perfectly good CROCOSPHINX go to waste, so she figures that since with the Key/Red Level More Than 2 with them, they basically control a perfect bottleneck they can retreat through as needed later. Plus she wants to FIGHT THINGS AND DRINK BLOOD!!

Ridai
2023-08-05, 09:22 AM
Does Scramble ba-gawk? [roll0]

Alhallor
2023-08-05, 12:39 PM
You're Bad luck feels unreal man.

Cygnia
2023-08-05, 12:54 PM
[roll0] Skill 3 against Thunderbok being discombobulated or not...

Metastachydium
2023-08-05, 02:04 PM
Alright, Skill 4: [roll0]

Metastachydium
2023-08-05, 02:16 PM
Well, on the one hand, increasing Skill was a good idea. On the other hand, IC tells me my luck is… Fickle.

Cygnia
2023-08-05, 02:20 PM
Aww yeah, Thunderbok is ON! :smallamused:

Batcathat
2023-08-07, 08:39 AM
Maybe it wasn't clear from my last post, but the idea was that Archibald is running into the corridor.

Alhallor
2023-08-08, 03:27 AM
Ah, sorry.

You can consider yourself protected against the loud noises.

Metastachydium
2023-08-08, 12:16 PM
Skill 4, once more: [roll0]

Cygnia
2023-08-08, 12:21 PM
[roll0] vs Skill 3...

Metastachydium
2023-08-08, 12:38 PM
Okay, Ridai, now that's just pure genius. Even the die agrees!

Alhallor
2023-08-08, 12:45 PM
I insult the wounds!

Ridai
2023-08-14, 09:02 AM
Roll 6 to BA-GAWK from getting stepped on. [roll0]

Metastachydium
2023-08-14, 02:38 PM
NOOOO! (But hey, at least she's missing the face of the least dangerous foe.)

Cygnia
2023-08-16, 09:45 AM
BTW, giving y'all a heads-up I'll be away on vacation Sept. 6-13th.

Cygnia
2023-08-16, 09:48 AM
Also, skill check to see if Thunderbok can't dodge...

[roll0] (out of 3)

Cygnia
2023-08-27, 09:35 AM
https://www.geeksaresexy.net/2016/07/17/all-hail-the-great-chicken-comic/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Geeks+Are+Sexy&utm_content=Comics

Metastachydium
2023-08-27, 01:03 PM
https://www.geeksaresexy.net/2016/07/17/all-hail-the-great-chicken-comic/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Geeks+Are+Sexy&utm_content=Comics

All Hail the Great Chicken!

Alhallor
2023-08-31, 01:25 PM
I kinda have to wonder guys. Is Enyo..
One of the bad guys? :smalleek:

Ridai
2023-08-31, 01:27 PM
"It is over, Loud Chicken, I have the high coop!"

Cygnia
2023-08-31, 01:29 PM
Enyo is our flock's Belkar :smallcool::smalltongue:

Alhallor
2023-09-04, 04:51 AM
I actually wanted to do a little something for the next scene (making a little voice clip, upload it privately to Youtube to you to listen to.) Would that be okay for you?

Batcathat
2023-09-04, 05:10 AM
I actually wanted to do a little something for the next scene (making a little voice clip, upload it privately to Youtube to you to listen to.) Would that be okay for you?

Sounds fun, go for it.

Cygnia
2023-09-04, 11:42 AM
Indeed! I don't know how well I'll be able to respond to it due to my traveling, but it should be fun regardless.

Ridai
2023-09-04, 12:36 PM

Sure, go for it.

Alhallor
2023-09-04, 03:16 PM
Picture of the heron follows tomorrow. I wanted to make him sound a bit extra and it devolved into total ham. I love it though.

Cygnia
2023-09-15, 12:03 PM
Back and posted with Thunderbok attempting a cold read...:smallredface:

Alhallor
2023-10-03, 04:46 AM
Hi guys, I'm gonna be honest with you, you kinda broke the game a little bit (I just thought only my RL group manages that but... No.)

I see two possibilities for a continuation.

1. The next post is more of an attempted epilogue, of course we still have a bit of a back and forth but you are already at the endgame there won't be that much.

2. I'll take some time and craft a more fitting extension of the dungeon. The game should have been small in the first place (kinda representing a one-shot session = several months in the Pbp format.) But I think I can get you a bit more bang for you're buck.

If you have other ideas, don't hold back!

Ridai
2023-10-03, 06:21 AM
I'm generally in favor of ending things on a high note rather than trying to somehow continue.

Metastachydium
2023-10-03, 08:28 AM
I'm sure you can tell I'm having a blast (even if Cygnia's bird is the blaster), but if this game comes to a satisfying, actual conclusion with us ALL VICTORIOUS, you'll cment your status as the DM with the single best track record of finishing what he started I had the pleasure to work with 'round here, so…

Batcathat
2023-10-03, 09:49 AM
Yeah, ending on a high note sounds good. It's been very fun, even if I wish I had been more active (in retrospect, I wish I had made a different character. I've been struggling to get a grip on Archibald beyond "has massive ego").

Cygnia
2023-10-03, 11:23 AM
I'm all for what makes everyone be happy and easy on their brainpans. :smallcool:

Ridai
2023-10-09, 08:52 AM
Thank you very much for this neat little game. I don't think I ever had "play as a goofy shade-toting chicken with insult powers" on my list of things to do, but I'm glad I did. :smallsmile:

Batcathat
2023-10-09, 09:00 AM
Thank you very much for this neat little game. I don't think I ever had "play as a goofy shade-toting chicken with insult powers" on my list of things to do, but I'm glad I did. :smallsmile:

Indeed. It also made the fairly exclusive list of "PBP games that actually finished". :smallsmile: Thanks a bunch.

Cygnia
2023-10-09, 10:35 AM
Definitely need to try my hand at running this for Thanksgaming this year!

Metastachydium
2023-10-09, 11:15 AM
Many thanks indeed! And that's one lovely epilogue (wherein THE CONQUEST BEGINS!!) for a very lovely game!

I'm left with one (1) question, nevertheless: what was up with the corn?

Alhallor
2023-10-10, 04:47 AM
I had a lot of fun cooping this game (because obviously I wasn't the DM. I was the CM (Coopmaster)).

The tweak on the powers (instead of getting powers by the way you're supposed to be cooked to mystical bird powers) turned out to be a pretty neat idea. I didn't anticipated the massive influence it would actually have. (Like basically obliterating "Furious badger" or "I insult the wounds" which definitely made it into my top 5 Game quotes of all time.)

@Cygnia: I Would love to read about it! If you want to incorporate anything that happened here you're free to do so.

@Metastachydium: Ah yes, the Corn.

There was an old browser RPG with undead poultrice, and of course I thought about introducing undead agressive sweetcorn. I did scrapped it in the end because I wanted a more avian-focused game in the end. (The borker as a classic Resident Evil enemy though, needed to stay.)

I do enjoy these small goofy one-shots. My usual gaming group is pretty campaign-invested and either isn't interested in one-shots or isn't interested enough to not do the current campaign, playing out some ideas here is always great.

I also did enjoy the various chicken facts that were shared in the OOC, I always liked to read them and it always spured me on to invest myself a little bit more.

And I learned the valuable lesson to never incorporate a chiffre in any game ever again. :smalltongue:

Metastachydium
2023-10-10, 11:14 AM
@Metastachydium: Ah yes, the Corn.

There was an old browser RPG with undead poultrice, and of course I thought about introducing undead agressive sweetcorn.

undead agressive sweetcorn

You know how much a birdy person I am, but… Man, that's one beautiful phrase!

I do enjoy these small goofy one-shots. My usual gaming group is pretty campaign-invested and either isn't interested in one-shots or isn't interested enough to not do the current campaign, playing out some ideas here is always great.

They really are becoming you too!

Ridai
2023-10-10, 11:45 AM
And I learned the valuable lesson to never incorporate a chiffre in any game ever again. :smalltongue:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/035/258/cat.jpg