PDA

View Full Version : (closed) So You Don't Have To: Voting Thread (subclass contest 36)

animorte
2023-04-17, 09:08 AM
Subclass Contest XXXVI: So You Don't Have To!

Voting Thread!

So You Don't Have To: Think of Bardic Inspiration, your own resource assisting others. Providing assistance to an ally with Help, or ye olde flanking rules. But... What if... What if your Monk's Ki fueled somebody else's attacks in the same way? What if your Paladin could imbue another with the ability to Smite? What if your Sorcery Points could modify a different caster's spells? Basically, this theme encourages you to seek ways for your allies, enemies, or anybody else to get the job done for you. Let's get lazy!

Remember, anybody can vote! You don't need to have participated in the contest to vote here. :smallsmile:

List your top three subclass entry votes. (#1 is worth 3 points. #2 is worth 2 points. #3 is worth 1 point.)
You may not vote for your own entry.
List your top three theme votes. (#1 is worth 3 points. #2 is worth 2 points. #3 is worth 1 point.)
The winner will be determined by most total points.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by most #1 votes. If still tied and only one creator voted, that creator will be declared the winner. If both voted, the tie will stand.
Creators can't edit the entries during the voting phase.

Creator
Entry
1st
2nd
3rd

Old Harry MTX
The Inspiration (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25726873&postcount=2)

Ilerien
Sorcerous Origin: Incantatrix (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25732131&postcount=3)

not_a_fish
Druid: Circle of Wild Empathy (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25732343&postcount=4)

BetweenComments
Warlock Patron: Upper Management (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25733019&postcount=5)

Themes for the next contest:

Theme
Description
1st
2nd
3rd

Bunch of Fives
Hand-to-hand combat, giving high fives, or a general focus on the number 5.

Calling Card
Anything you can summon however you like, or… a deck of cards?

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword
Stationery. Record-keeping librarians, rune-crafters, and combat couriers bring written word to life.

It's Technical
Technology. Equip a utility belt, construct fancy traps, or craft creative weapons.

Make a Choice
Options. Create a subclass with multiple options and decisions every step of the way.

Well, That's Fortunate
All about luck. Flipping a coin, narrowly avoiding sure demise, and turning the odds in your favor.

Subclass Discussion Thread! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?622798-D-amp-D-Subclass-Contest-Chat-Thread-2-Joke-Entries-Win-with-Alarming-Frequency)

Deadline: May 1st will be the last day for the voting phase. This voting thread will close the following day and a new subclass contest will begin!

Good luck everyone! May the best couch-potato Entry win!

*Update: You may now place 3 votes for both entry and theme!

Old Harry MTX
2023-04-17, 02:21 PM
Votes:

Warlock Patron: Upper Management: I really like this one, even if i'm not a huge fan of "joke" subclasses. It is very well written and fit the theme of the contest.
Sorcerous Origin: Incantatrix: I also feel that the 6th level need to be nerfed, but the subclass is neat and fit the theme.
Druid: Circle of Wild Empathy: Again, a nice subclass. I put it in 3rd place mainly because it could have a bit more refined wording and I feel less the theme of the contest than in the other entries.
Themes:

It's Technical
Calling Card
Bunch of Five

BetweenComments
2023-04-17, 07:41 PM
1. The Inspiration: I really like how this shifts the game from a rpg to more of an rts combat wise, while still keeping in character for the Bard.
2. Circle of Wild Empathy: A nice pet based druid. Also thankfully unlike Shepard it will not clutter the battlefield with 16 wolves.
3. Sorcerous Origin Incantatrix: The pure arcane angle is neat, however I do feel that this subclass could use some trimming around level 6.

Themes:
1. Make a Choice: I have ideas about doing an elemenalist warlock with this.
2. Well, That's Fortunate: Or perhaps a combo system monk, kinda like ffxiv's dancer.
3. Calling Card: Maybe a gacha style sorcerer? Need to think on this one

Notafish
2023-04-18, 01:01 PM
1. Upper Management. Looks fun, and cleverly designed.
2. Incantrix. I'm not familiar with the 3.5 class, but this looks solid.
3. Inspiration. I like the concept a lot, but I think it would need a few playtests to find a good way to play it. Might be better as a full class.

Edit:
Next Contest:
1. The Pen is Mightier
2. Calling Card
3. Make a choice

Calen
2023-04-18, 03:46 PM
#1: Upper Management
#2: Incantatrix
#3: Inspiration

Themes
#1: Make a Choice
#2: It's Technical
#3: Pen is Mightier

togapika
2023-04-18, 04:07 PM
#1 Upper Management

#1 Fives
#2 Fortunate

Itsfrank
2023-04-20, 07:34 PM
Nobody really made one of my bulky in your face type of characters this time around lol. Well here's my votes.
Entry:
1. Inspiration. I couldn't imagine playing it but it looks really cool to have in a group.
2. Incantrix. The metamagic stuff looks fun.
3. Upper Management. I could see it as a funny NPC boss.
Theme:
1. Bunch of fives
2. Pen is mighter than the sword
3. Make a choice

Crim the Cold
2023-04-21, 12:38 PM
Subclass Vote
1:) The Inspiration
2:) Sorcerous Origin: Incantatrix
3:) Druid: Circle of Wild Empathy

Theme Vote
1:) Bunch of Fives
2:) Calling Card
3:) Well, That's Fortunate

animorte
2023-04-30, 09:28 PM
Subclass Votes:
#1 - Warlock Patron: Upper Management - This reminds me greatly of my Cleaner base class not too long ago. You definitely captured some company tropes very nicely. I have two concerns though: (1- The number of familiars can probably get out of hand really fast. 2- The amount of hours from Break Room seems way too lenient for an organization that expects to be productive.)
#2 - The Inspiration - This was pretty well done considering it's a completely new concept (as far as I know) though it reminds me of LoL's Yummi. I wonder how you maneuver (floating/ethereal/or just within 30 feet of a particular ally) and about the functions of something like the Friends cantrip.
#3 - Druid: Circle of Wild Empathy - You really leaned into the idea of a summon and it's pretty well designed. I was hoping to see it actually take over more for your character though and really bring to life the idea that you're letting it do much more of the work.

Theme votes:
#1: Make a Choice
#2: Well, That's Fortunate
#3: The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

animorte
2023-05-02, 09:53 AM
In 3rd place with 11 points: Ilerien with Sorcerous Origin: Incantatrix

At 2nd place with 13 points: Old Harry MTX with The Inspiration

And our victor with 16 points: BetweenComments with Warlock Patron: Upper Management (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25733019&postcount=5)

And for our next theme, it's not a pop quiz! Make a Choice (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?656166-Make-a-Choice-5e-subclass-contest-(submission-thread)&p=25770231#post25770231)

All themes received a great deal of popularity. We'll see most of them next time around!

BetweenComments
2023-05-04, 01:02 PM
Thank you everyone who voted for me!