PDA

View Full Version : Nerd Immersion dropped a video and start archiving dnd wizards com

animewatcha
2023-04-18, 09:28 PM
Nerd immersion dropped a Content Creator Summit video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lVbC7qS408
Still listening to it. Looking like WOTC are fixing to abandon dnd.wizards.com and do releases and stuff on DND Beyond since Beyond gets 16 times or so more traffic.

ProsecutorGodot
2023-04-18, 10:07 PM
It does make some sense for them to focus all of their press in one space, and if DND Beyond is owned by them and sees significantly more traffic that makes it the most reasonable choice.

Best case scenario, it works fine and nobody is upset. We haven't really seen the best case scenario outcome recently though, so I'm hoping for a "we didn't screw it up royally" this time.

Do you have a timestamp, or can you paraphrase the comments with regards to this though, I don't really have the time to sit through the entire video myself.

Psyren
2023-04-18, 10:20 PM
1) They announced this intention back in August.
2) Is there anything left on dnd.wizards.com to archive? There's the UAs I guess, but technically those are on media.wizards.com, which as the name implies has a lot more than dnd stuff.

Atranen
2023-04-19, 11:10 AM
They got rid of the dice roller a while ago, which was the only reason I ever went to that site. But it was a good dice roller :smallfrown:

Phhase
2023-04-20, 05:10 PM
Good to hear archival is underway. Digital preservation is incredibly important.