PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Where to publish homebrew?

Sire Pepe
2023-04-21, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone,

About two years ago, I started doing homebrew for 3.5 in my spare time, and I now have a fair amount of content that I would like to share and get feedback on. I am aware that it's generally a good idea to post this kind of thing little by little, but I didn't actually expect it to amount to anything serious... Except I now have a full homebrew manual (and lots of other less elaborate stuff). I know people share their homebrew on this forum, but I wondered if there were other good places where you could publish your creations? Also, I never participated enough here to even be allowed to post links :smalleek:

Any recommendation on your part would be welcome :smallsmile:

nonsi
2023-04-21, 05:57 PM
First of all, take part in conversations. Soon enough you'll get access to links - that's a huge start.

MutantDragon
2023-04-21, 07:36 PM
Try Gm Binder. (https://www.gmbinder.com) You could also try the DM's Guild, and, if you don't want to try and sell it, you could always set it to free. Also, try posting some of these things to Reddit. There's a lot of folks there who'll give feedback.

Alabenson
2023-04-22, 12:42 PM
My advice would be to try and repost your homebrew here, and also to provide feedback on homebrew that other people post as well.

animorte
2023-04-22, 12:53 PM
My advice would be to try and repost your homebrew here, and also to provide feedback on homebrew that other people post as well.
The contests in my signature might be a good place to start. :smallsmile:

JNAProductions
2023-04-22, 01:25 PM
The contests in my signature might be a good place to start. :smallsmile:

5E and 3.P are pretty different, though.

Sire Pepe
2023-04-22, 03:32 PM
Thanks a lot people, that's very helpful!:smallsmile:

Buufreak
2023-04-22, 04:30 PM
All of my homebrew (or those that are finished enough to put in a organized manner) are either here or on Google docs. Do keep in mind, which is my personal case, some terms are copywritten, and trying to make a buck off of them can lead to legal discourse.

Sire Pepe
2023-04-22, 05:11 PM
All of my homebrew (or those that are finished enough to put in a organized manner) are either here or on Google docs. Do keep in mind, which is my personal case, some terms are copywritten, and trying to make a buck off of them can lead to legal discourse.

Thanks, mate. I don't know much about copyrights, but I don't intend to sell any of my stuff. I have clearly taken inspiration from a lot of other people, so it wouldn't seem right to try and make a profit from their ideas.

Bohandas
2023-04-22, 07:35 PM
I would suggest the homebrew subforum here (or possibly the subforums for the relevant editions)

You could also try the forum at ENworld/Morrus RPG News (https://www.enworld.org/forums/-/list)

Old Harry MTX
2023-04-23, 02:41 AM
If you need a template for Google Doc you can check out the homebrews in my signature. I prefer it to Homebrewery or GMBinder because I can change it however I want.

It is made to be read from PC.

Sire Pepe
2023-04-23, 06:47 AM
If you need a template for Google Doc you can check out the homebrews in my signature. I prefer it to Homebrewery or GMBinder because I can change it however I want.

It is made to be read from PC.

Pretty cool, thanks! I'm thinking of first getting feedback on the content before I work on the layout, but I must admit that my homebrew was designed on MS Word, so it's kinda ugly... Maybe it's worth making it prettier right away to pique people's interest; I just don't know how much more work that represents.

Old Harry MTX
2023-04-23, 10:29 AM
Pretty cool, thanks! I'm thinking of first getting feedback on the content before I work on the layout, but I must admit that my homebrew was designed on MS Word, so it's kinda ugly... Maybe it's worth making it prettier right away to pique people's interest; I just don't know how much more work that represents.

Trust me, the best way to pique people's interest is to write your works directly in a post, with a nice format ^^

You can find good examples in the topics of the contests, for example.

Sire Pepe
2023-04-23, 11:21 AM
Trust me, the best way to pique people's interest is to write your works directly in a post, with a nice format ^^

You can find good examples in the topics of the contests, for example.

Thanks, and may I ask how you make your drawings? I see a lot of really beautiful artwork out there, yours included. My own drawing skills are only average though.

Old Harry MTX
2023-04-23, 01:38 PM
Thanks, and may I ask how you make your drawings? I see a lot of really beautiful artwork out there, yours included. My own drawing skills are only average though.

Oh, since I've finished my midjourney free trial I just google what i need ^^