PDA

View Full Version : Spells for conjuror archivist 4?

Zim
2007-12-05, 10:39 AM
Hey all,

I'm starting a replacement character tonight (my kobold artificer got gacked :smallfrown: ), and I wanted to solicit ideas for spells that would be appropriate for him to have in his prayer book.

The character is a redeemed necropolitan of Jergal. He's got SF:Conj, Aug. Summon and Rapid Summon for feats with the plan on PRC to malconvoker in a few levels. So far, my spell choices are:

all 0 level orisens from PHB and No Light
Inflict light & moderate wounds
Cure light & moderate wounds
Summon monster I & II
Bless
Lesser Restoration
Sanctuary
True Strike (divine version from Fate domain)
Burning Hands (fire domain)
Disguise self (trickery domain)
Invisibility (trickery again)
Summon nature's ally I & II

I have a goodly pile of gold left, so buying and scribing spells into the book are not a big deal. I do want to keep it to level I & II spells for now since that's my level limit. Also, if there are any conjuration spells that deal damage and are divine would be handy.

Thanks in advance! :smallsmile:

Keld Denar
2007-12-05, 10:57 AM
It goes almost without saying that as a conjourer archivist, you should have Glitterdust on your spell list. I don't know what domain you can get it from, but you should scour the multiverse to find one. (is there a Sparkle Domain? There should be!)

Also, Obscuring Mist is a great spell for get-aways and buying a couple rounds to buff/heal vs ranged attackers. Even rock throwing giants are thwarted by this 1st level spell (not able to target with ranged attacks). This one is on the cleric list, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Conviction (SC) is a pretty good spell, even if the duration is kind of short. Mass Conviction is a 3rd level spell, lasts longer, and can easily be extended with a Lesser Rod of Extend. It gives a scaling untyped bonus to all saves.

Zim
2007-12-05, 11:51 AM
I searched high and low but could not find a "disco" domain, nor the "ooh! sparkly!" domain. :smallwink: I guess glitterdust is out.

Hario
2007-12-05, 12:54 PM
I have an archivist too, archivist 5/divine oracle 2 (evasion+ in armor ftw!)/loremaster 1

here is where I search for my spells: http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/SearchList.php

Click on an Arc 1 or Arc 2 to see a list of all archivist spells for level 1, it will give you the book, the domain or spell list it came off from, and a short description.

Zim
2007-12-05, 03:44 PM
Neat, thanks! Takes a while to load though...