PDA

View Full Version : Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous OOC

Starbuck_II
2023-04-24, 11:45 AM
16:
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Pathfinder.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Pathfinder
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

5-6.

4. What's the gaming Medium?

OOTS
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Starting wealth by class
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Anything in PF Paizo books.

Chained Summoner is allowed, but please keep stats of summons ready if summoning.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
All core races and other races (both Featured and Uncommon) are allowed. Any others, ask.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

20 point buy for attributes.

HP are maximum at first level, then
d6 = 4/level
d8 = 5/level
d10 = 6/level
d12 = 7/level

Characters can also have 2 Traits max. 1 must be from player’s guide; an additional third if choose a drawback.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignments preferred Good, but Neutral allowed. Evil discouraged due to actions needed to take in this game. But technically, any allowed

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multiclassing will be permitted as per the CORE rules.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Players make their rolls.
I will do secret rolls and NPC.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
To simplify combat/save time for PbP, when something is unclear or dependent on something else, players should write “if, then” actions (e.g. if the sleep spell works on X, I attack Y. If it doesn’t, I attack X.

Background skills, except Knowledge skills, can add to Lore but normal skill points needed for Knowledge.

All Fighters get Combat Stamina feat
Stamina regains for non-combat: 1 returns each minute.
Bonus Feats: Point Blank Shot automatically, also Power Attack, Deadly aim, and TWF without Prerequisites granted as soon as any have +1 BAB. If already have feats, can get a new one.

Hero points are in play or you can get a bonus feat at start.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
A paragraph minimum. The background should declare how your char came up with the class and his personality. Basically what you did before you came to Kenabras.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Combination, but mostly hack/slash
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?Anything in PF paizo books.

Kenabres

Since the first days of the Worldwound, Kenabres has answered the call to action demanded by the coming of the fiends. We opened our gates to refugees despite the danger. We tracked down demons hiding in the guise of men and set them alight with righteous flame. Still, the tide of fiends never ceases. They surge pitilessly toward our shining border, that churning throng of creatures clamoring for virtuous blood. Kenabres is the bulwark behind which we throw our weight. The wardstone is our shield and also our greatest weapon. As long as Kenabres stands, we will keep the demons trapped, and our crusaders shall ride forth and put an end to their foul existence.”
—Onevere Worin, City Defender of Kenabres

Kenabres is a city of glory, but not one of spotless virtue. The Mendevian Crusaders riding out from the city have slain countless demons, and many of them have been carried back to town on their shields to be interred in the catacombs beneath the Cathedral of Saint Clydwell. However, some of these same crusaders—many of them even immortalized in the Hall of Heroes—spent years hunting supposedly demon-tainted faiths and burning at the stake cultists and innocent Mendevians alike. The frequency and intensity of these pogroms have diminished, but the dark history of Kenabres remains ever-present in the minds of its leaders and many of its citizens.

Kenabres hosts camps of crusaders who have come from all across the continent to battle demons. Though many
of these crusaders are pure-hearted and noble of spirit, others are little more than fortune-seeking mercenaries.
Still, none can deny the good deeds done by the knights of Kenabres under the direction of their zealous, strategically brilliant leader Hulrun.

The town relies on complex water pumps to bring water up to the city. These have been sites of attack in the past, so a famed stoneworker created a powerful shield around the pumps.

History: After the worldwound opened, Kenabres was a haven for refugees. That is, until the Red Morning (4607 AR), when it was discovered that one of the refugees was actually a lilitu demon named Minagho. After entering town, the demon reverted and slaughtered 62 citizens before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Since then, entrance to Kenabres has been difficult for all. There have since been several crusades against the demonic powers of the Worldwound. The first crusade, started by the church of Iomedae, began in 4622. This crusade brought over 2000 crusader immigrants to Kenabres. In the second crusade (4638), Kenabres was a well-established launching point for attacks. As such, when the wardstones were established, Kenabres was chosen as one wardstone site. For some time, there was turmoil from within the city as Hulrun Shappok lead an inquisition against possible internal threats. Many evil cultists were found, and burned at the stake... as were many people who may have been innocents. This fervor lead to the start of the Third Crusade, and Hulrun took over the position of prelate of the city. During the intervening time, the Fourth Crusade has started and waned onward, a constant war with no end in sight and faltering morale.

Notable people (dead or alive):

Lord Hulrun: Ruler of Kenabes, presumed dead
Terendelev: Silver dragon that helped protect Kenabres, presumed dead

Party:
Gyrfalcon's Melisandre Taravan (alchemist)
Imp's Rozalinda (Sorcerer)
Kaworu's Arakiel Vessard (Warpriest)
Paddywagon Man's Larsaa (Vigilante)
Archemist's Mallory (Inquisitor)
Drk Zarina (Swashbuckler)

Uderground Battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16x3CGQa3nninCdgY96BhBvyapYXNckY9Pf1tYnBVWmQ/edit#gid=0

DrK
2023-04-25, 12:19 AM
Placeholder For Zarina and her character sheet

Zarina (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1629820)

RelentlessImp
2023-04-25, 12:24 AM
Guess I need to buy equipment now.

Rozalinda (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2777495) for posterity.

https://i.imgur.com/Zc4lQN3.png Rozalinda will be speaking like this.

Archemist
2023-04-25, 12:49 AM
Great to see you all!

Here's Mallory Wright, elven inquisitor, at Mythweavers. (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2777028)

His backstory is on the sheet but also here.
Mallory Wright is an Elf who's been living among the humans in the north for quite a while now. He has always been a peace-loving sort, but the real downside of moving into human lands and caring about sharing the wonders of elven culture... is that many of his friends have died over the years, and more than a few at the hands of demons. Whether his own parents and scattered elven band, the Sarkorians, innocent civilians in Drezen, or zealous crusaders, the demon incursion has just brought ruin to everyone and everything he's known. Kenabres has seemed like a bastion of security so far, but Mallory has found himself looking over his shoulder a lot lately.

Mallory isn't his real name, of course. He's tried to take on some of the human styles and culture while living among them. "Wright" even started out as a pun on "Write" since with his calligraphy skills and artistic eye, it felt like that's all the humans wanted him to do for them at first.

He's been happy as a confirmed bachelor given everything - he's tried not to get involved at Court or attract too much attention. Politics is for other people, right?

But he's about to be all-in on Liberty and Equality and he's a blossoming freedom fighter and liberator, thanks to demon invaders and some nudging by his deity. He's professed belief for a long time and even has a thematic set of Rosewood armor he keeps watering, but soon it'll be personal.

Here's a heroforge portrait of him also.
http://thrynnwiki.wdfiles.com/local--files/roland%3Apublic-page/Mallory%20Wright%20screenshot.png

As an aside, one thing I think is funny is our set of races/alignments/deities:

Aasimar swashbuckler of Desna (CG, Dreams/moon)
Aasimar warpriest of Sarenrae (NG, Sun)
Aasimar vigilante of Tsukiyo (LG, moon)
Elf inquisitor of Milani (CG, Hope)
Human sorcerer (N, atheist)
Tiefling alchemist of Nethys (N, Magic)

Definitely some room there for roleplay and reconciling some differing approaches. :smallbiggrin:

Gyrfalcon
2023-04-25, 02:13 AM
Melisandre Taravan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2777188) will "Speak in red. Which I can tell you, doesn't make being a tiefling any easier. And then I end up in a team with not one, not two, but three angel-born. Maybe I can hide behind all those wings..."

Melisandre is NG herself, even if her diety is N. She follows Nethys in his aspect of seeking knowledge.

Kaworu
2023-04-25, 03:51 PM
Hi :)

I am writing from my phone, I will edit this post later with my character sheet :)

EDIT:

My CS (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2777554)

My backstory (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1irbI1o1NSYJaOgyzEJivoyTfY8GR-9Ak0fj3L4IMngc/edit)

Arakiel will speak in Golden Rod

Starbuck_II
2023-04-26, 10:21 AM
I'll post In Character tomorrow, so be ready

IC: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?656034-Starbuck-s-Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-IC

Paddywagon Man
2023-04-27, 06:30 AM
Didn't check this for a couple days sorry, happy I got in!

Larsaa will speak in green... and don't let three Aasimar both you too much Melisandre! Larsaa isn't even aware he is one, and I'm sure most humans will view the extra special kobold as... a kobold.

Archemist
2023-04-27, 08:18 PM
I suppose Mallory will speak in Medium Blue, since that hasn't been claimed yet.

Kaworu
2023-04-28, 10:19 AM
Hi people :D

Just wanted to mention that our GM posted IC :D I just realized by some lucky chance, LOL? xD

Archemist
2023-04-28, 11:28 AM
For the record, the IC is here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?656034-Starbuck-s-Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-IC (So folks don't have to navigate to it the long way.)

Exciting!

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-01, 05:38 AM
Hey RelentlessImp, how are you doing 1d4+3 with magic missile? Given it does Force damage, it should only do 1d4+2? Or do you have something to convert spell damage to fire?

RelentlessImp
2023-05-01, 01:58 PM
Orc Bloodline is +1/die for all damage spells, Blood Havoc is another +1/die for bloodline spells or any spells I have Spell Focus for.

Starbuck_II
2023-05-01, 11:26 PM
Everyone roll Init, while magic missile normally can't hurt corpses, it seemed thematic to let it blow a hole in it.

DrK
2023-05-02, 12:02 AM
Zarina initiative [roll0]

RelentlessImp
2023-05-02, 12:07 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Archemist
2023-05-02, 12:12 AM
Mallory's initiative roll: [roll0]

Compiling the IC and OOC results:

19. Arakiel
18. Melisandre
17. Zarina
13. Mallory
12. Larsaa
11. Roze
3. Enemies

Updated with Kaworu's roll also. :smallbiggrin:

Kaworu
2023-05-03, 01:11 AM
Hi people!

Sorry for being late : < The early May is always a time of national celebration in Poland (Day of Workers, then our national flag day, then the anniversary of the first Polish Constitution) and I was too busy with family gatherings to post. Sorry again : <

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-03, 07:43 PM
How strict are we about initiative between players? It seems we've slowed down quite a bit already with just the first initiative roll, do we want to institute some kind of time limit or allow PCs to jump over each other to speed things up, so long as they're both before the enemy?

Archemist
2023-05-03, 08:54 PM
How strict are we about initiative between players? It seems we've slowed down quite a bit already with just the first initiative roll, do we want to institute some kind of time limit or allow PCs to jump over each other to speed things up, so long as they're both before the enemy?

Yeah, we'd all kinda jumped the gun a bit, too, before the Initiative rolls had been called for. So it's a little hard to tell where we're at in the order.

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-03, 10:55 PM
I'm just hoping we can progress soon, what's holding us up right now?

The PCs are all before the bad guys so would doing player initiative out of order to speed things up be ok?

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-04, 06:47 AM
Mostly we need to know what the battlefield is like and what we're facing. If its just one corpse worm, then it's pretty easy to deal with.

Otherwise, I suggest that for battle that once all PCs have submitted their actions for the round that the GM makes changes as needed. So if there are two enemies and three PCs say 'I attack A' and A dies, the other two automatically attack the next closest enemy.

Starbuck_II
2023-05-04, 07:26 AM
Sorry, I was waiting for Init. This battle is two wormy creatures as a introduction to seeing how you function in battle. Not super hard.

This is mostly theatre of mind, we will do battle maps later.

Also my mom is in hospital and I was focusing more on that than this. Sorry for wait.

DrK
2023-05-04, 08:25 AM
Sorry to hear that about your mother, all the best for a speedy recovery

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-05, 03:07 AM
No worries Starbuck - your family is most important. I hope your mother is doing well.

I also knew the dice would do that. "We're doing fine! *twang* Ignore the fact I missed!"

Kaworu
2023-05-05, 07:18 PM
I am sorry for your mom Buck : <

If somebody wonders, my character is just gonna be a living shield.

Starbuck_II
2023-05-05, 11:25 PM
Okay with that, the worms are wasted.
Zarina insta killed one, and the other you guys slowly killed.

I'll post IC update tomorrow.

Starbuck_II
2023-05-06, 11:23 PM
Each scale is usable once/day +1/4 levels

Larsaa finds the Scale Cloudwalking: levitate as Swift action, pillar of roiling cloud rises below, provides 20% concealment below
Arakiel find Scale of Grace: swift action, casts Grace, allowing to moving 20 ft and attack a creature previously beyond reach, you can treat any strike as a flat footed for AC purposes.
Melisandre finds Scale of Ice breath: Standard action, this scale can be used to cast Intensified Burning Hands (using your HD as caster level, Max damage 10d4), but instead of fire, this ability only does Cold Damage.

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-07, 01:42 AM
The powers seem very cool!

Holding a smokestick in his mouth and getting a tindertwig ready in his off-hand Larsaa will start moving stealthily in the direction the vermin came from, to start looking for a way out - slowly, to not leave the party or wounded far behind. [roll0] (Stealth)

Edit - also, do we intuitively know what our scales do and how to use them or do we need to test them out or identify them first?

DrK
2023-05-07, 03:41 AM
Zarina’s scale [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2023-05-07, 09:17 PM
Instinctually, maybe a patting gift from the dragon.
Again once/day + 1/4 lvs
Mallory finds a Scale of Resilience: Aid (Using caster as HD), but the bonus to hit increases is +2 vs those that threaten allies.
Roze finds Scale of Cunning: Alter Self (caster as HD) standard action cast, but while transformed gain +4 Bluff
Zarina finds a Scale of Resistance: Resist Element (Caster =HD) but must choose cold or electric.

Kaworu
2023-05-11, 05:03 AM
Booooo : < I have no rope : < And I thought I have xD Halp xD

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-11, 10:03 AM
Oooh, pick me pick me!

...I don't have rope either.

But Larsaa does have 75 gold banked with Brilliant Planner, so at one minute's notice he can transmute that gold into whatever gear, scrolls etc. we need, which he just conveniently had without saying anything about it. Don't want to waste it on rope, just putting it out there if anybody has an idea later or we hit a roadblock.

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-11, 12:16 PM
Whoever has the highest Climb should take 10 and get that backpack. If we’re lucky it has rope in it and solves the issue.

Melisandre has a 0 in Climb, so she’s unlikely to make it outside of the favor of RNGesus

Archemist
2023-05-13, 01:05 AM
Hilariously, the backpack had no rope.

Should our scouts head down the noisier tunnel, then?

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-13, 12:10 PM
I believe we already were, but if it needs to be said then yeah, we're doing it, I'll stay just about at the edge of darkvision range (60 ft for each of us) from Melisandre so we can still see each other.

[roll0], my sadly pretty bad perception for a would-be scout, planning to get some magic items for it later.

Starbuck_II
2023-05-14, 10:26 AM
Everyone roll Init, and I'm hoping map works.

DrK
2023-05-14, 11:13 AM
Zarina’s Init [roll0]

Archemist
2023-05-14, 11:19 AM
Map works for me - Mallory's initiative roll: [roll0]

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-14, 12:08 PM
map is fine, [roll0]

I was sneaking ahead of the party to lay down some oil on the floor, was I successful? If it takes a new stealth roll I'll do one now to keep things quick [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2023-05-14, 12:38 PM
Where are you placing the oil?

Kaworu
2023-05-14, 03:45 PM
My Init roll: [roll0]

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-14, 10:25 PM
The two tiles connecting A1 and A2 I guess.

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-15, 02:50 AM
Init Roll - [roll0]

I didn't realize the plan at the time, but Melisandre can light the oil with a bomb - though by preference, I'd prefer to drop a bomb on top of the enemies and catch the oil in the splash. It depends if the fire is meant as a deterrent or a full on trap.

*edit* The map works for me. You can change the width of the cells so that they're more square, but overall its readable.

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-17, 02:47 PM
So, pretty sure one of the cockroaches is now extra -crispy.

Archemist
2023-05-17, 03:09 PM
Yep, crispy bugs as dessert after the worms, lol. If C3 is down, Mallory's attack can be on C4, say, without changing the math.

Starbuck_II
2023-05-17, 11:58 PM
Yep, C-3 is totally dead and on burnt to a crisp.
Kunai hits C 3, but would still live but splash damage.

Kaworu
2023-05-18, 10:03 AM
Hi ;-)

I am not sure where are we on the map... xD Lets say Arakiel is located at N9 and attacks the C3, okay?

ROLLS:

Attack: [roll0]

DMG: [roll1]

EDIT: Eh, a miss... xD In fact, I think I have rolled a natural 1? xD

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-18, 01:12 PM
Yup, always a miss. Luckily no further penalties beyond that.

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-19, 01:16 PM
I am a fool, and feel like a fool to even be asking this, but I somehow forgot the penalty for firing into melee exists (been playing 2e) and did not take Precise Shot.

Can I switch Rapid Shot for it? I totally understand if the answer's no, it was on me to catch boneheaded mistakes like that - I'll do my turn without using either in the meantime.

Starbuck_II
2023-05-20, 01:06 AM
Sure, that seems fine

Kaworu
2023-05-20, 01:22 PM
My Perception roll:

[roll0]

EDIT: Eh, poor luck... :-P

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-20, 05:10 PM
Perception - [roll0]

Archemist
2023-05-20, 06:30 PM
Mallory’s perception: [roll0]

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-21, 12:06 PM
Larsaa's perception: [roll0]

RelentlessImp
2023-05-21, 06:10 PM
Roze's Perception: [roll0]

The dice roller despises me.

Kaworu
2023-05-22, 01:51 AM
Larsaa eats the cockroaches a little more surreptitiously and quietly than the worms... it's apparently frowned on here and he wants to make a good impression.

... xD

Good one? xD

Starbuck_II
2023-05-22, 11:53 PM
I laughed at that too.

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-23, 01:27 AM
Well if you're an enterprising kobold, you can't just give up fire-baked cockroach free for the taking!

It will get slightly disturbing when we start killing sapients and if Larsaa keeps on snacking on the dead.

RelentlessImp
2023-05-25, 03:58 PM
In before we all pull a Stranger in a Strange Land and 'cannibalism is good, actually'.

Kaworu
2023-05-27, 03:51 AM
My Knowledge (Religion) Roll:

[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2023-05-30, 11:14 AM
Everyone roll Init, the flies look like they might make first blow.

Archemist
2023-05-30, 11:37 AM
Sorry for the slight absence - Mallory has been quiet near the back, shepherding Aravashnial.

Mallory's initiative: [roll0]

Well, the flies are definitely going before me, haha.

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-30, 02:13 PM
Melisandre’s initiative- [roll0]

Kaworu
2023-05-30, 04:50 PM
My Init roll:

[roll0]

RelentlessImp
2023-05-30, 06:46 PM
Roze Init: [roll0]

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-30, 11:29 PM
Larsaa: [roll0]

Archemist
2023-05-31, 12:33 AM
Welp, I'm definitely last in the order but also I realized I'm not on the map - maybe put me at O-10 or O-11, something like that? Mallory says thanks. :smalltongue:

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-31, 02:04 AM
Melisandre is also missing at the moment - she would have been back with the NPCs, so going first will mostly involve running towards the fighting I think. :P

Starbuck_II
2023-05-31, 11:33 AM
Crit confirm om Arakiel:
[roll0]

[roll=critDam]2d6+2[roll]

Gyrfalcon
2023-05-31, 03:35 PM
Low levels are rocket tag. If that had confirmed, he’d be down and dying.

Paddywagon Man
2023-05-31, 06:03 PM
Jumped initiative sorry, I imagine you can still use my turn though, or should I roll again?

Starbuck_II
2023-05-31, 11:24 PM
Low levels are rocket tag. If that had confirmed, he’d be down and dying.
Yeah, wasn't expecting a crit

Paddywagon Man
2023-06-01, 03:59 AM
Rolls got broken somehow, I guess previewing my post?

Anyhow

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaworu
2023-06-02, 02:37 PM
Starbuck, could you add the map in your first post in here? ;-) Thanks in advance ;-)

DrK
2023-06-03, 01:46 AM
Zarina init [roll0]

Apologies fo MIA for a coupe of days, work went crazy

Kaworu
2023-06-05, 05:14 AM
HI ;-)

I have lost some HP this fight, right? xD How much, actually? (xD)

Sorry, I think I might have gotten lost a little... ;-)

Gyrfalcon
2023-06-05, 05:33 AM
You were bitten for 7 damage and need to roll a fortitude save vs DC 14. (Probably to avoid disease)

Starbuck_II
2023-06-05, 10:17 AM
That is correct, roll your Fort save.

Kaworu
2023-06-05, 02:57 PM
Okay, my Fortitude save!

[roll0]

I will also see into healing options, I have literally 1 HP left xD

Kaworu
2023-06-05, 03:02 PM
Hm...? xD

Okay, so...

I could SWEAR I had 2 healing spells at 1st level, and I used just one to heal the eyes of the elf, but it (sadly) didn't work. Now I am looking and it seems to me that I have only 1 1st level spell...? xD

I mean, I suppose I kinda made a mistake here? xD Maybe I mistook 1st level priest for 1st level warpriest? xD

Anyhow, it seems to me that I have 1 HP and no possibility of healing myself...? xD I feel like an idiot, LOL? xD

Or maybe I am mistaken and I have 1 additional spell? Hm... Do I have 1 free healing spell from somewhere...?

Starbuck, could you please look into my CS? ;-) I feel like I am sooooo lost xD

[Sorry for the confusion ;-) ]

Archemist
2023-06-05, 03:05 PM
The dice gods giveth hp to Kaworu but unfortunately I can't Crit on a Perception check, sigh. :smallbiggrin:

Starbuck_II
2023-06-05, 11:52 PM
Hm...? xD

Okay, so...

I could SWEAR I had 2 healing spells at 1st level, and I used just one to heal the eyes of the elf, but it (sadly) didn't work. Now I am looking and it seems to me that I have only 1 1st level spell...? xD

I mean, I suppose I kinda made a mistake here? xD Maybe I mistook 1st level priest for 1st level warpriest? xD

Anyhow, it seems to me that I have 1 HP and no possibility of healing myself...? xD I feel like an idiot, LOL? xD

Or maybe I am mistaken and I have 1 additional spell? Hm... Do I have 1 free healing spell from somewhere...?

Starbuck, could you please look into my CS? ;-) I feel like I am sooooo lost xD

[Sorry for the confusion ;-) ]

Well, it worked (as in elf was at close 1 hp and bleeding, now he above that amount, still hurt (he was higher lv so he isn't full)

Yes, you get one for high casting stat so you have 2 or should.

You did remember that, right?

Kaworu
2023-06-06, 01:02 PM
Oh, okay? (xD) I thought I confused domains with blessings...? (xD)

Anyway... xD

Can I roll Diplomacy just to ease the arguments on both sides, without really siding with any one of them? ;-)

My roll:

[roll0]

RelentlessImp
2023-06-10, 03:43 AM
Larsaa: "That's not nice!"

Roze:
https://i.imgflip.com/5ul1qz.png

Starbuck_II
2023-06-10, 06:12 PM
"Demons, bugs, bug-demons - it matters little, we'll avenge our city on them all."

Bug Demons *takes notes*

That is an interesting idea to add.

Archemist
2023-06-16, 05:26 PM
Mallory is not keen to parley - if this guy is the source of the bugs, we should probably do everyone a favor and give him to them.

Gyrfalcon
2023-06-17, 12:50 AM
I’m not sure he’s the source, but Melisandre isn’t the ‘redemption at any cost’ type. An outright demon worshipper can take a surprise round to the back.

Kaworu
2023-07-03, 11:24 AM
Hm... I do not remember the rules xD I do not have Knowledge (History) as a trained skill - can I still roll? ;-)

LOL, I forgot xD I am so sorry xD

Gyrfalcon
2023-07-03, 11:55 AM
Training You cannot make an untrained Knowledge check with a DC higher than 10.

Starbuck_II
2023-07-04, 11:53 AM
I assume the adventure expects at least one of you to have that skill trained. The blind elf does but he can't see which is funny as he might be the few trained in it in most parties.

Gyrfalcon
2023-07-05, 12:45 AM
Horgus has an unexpected love of history if it’s plot critical to know?

Kaworu
2023-07-20, 04:31 AM
My Init Roll:

[roll0]

Gyrfalcon
2023-07-20, 09:11 AM
Initiative - [roll0]

Archemist
2023-07-20, 11:53 AM
initiative for Mallory: [roll0]

DrK
2023-08-04, 05:20 AM
Hi all
Been a month and I'm struggling to keep up with all my games due to work stuff. I wanted to thank Starbuck for inviting me into the game but will wish you guys well as Zarina will withdraw from the game, I sadly don't have the time I did to keep up with all the games.
Happy gaming all

Starbuck_II
2023-08-04, 10:32 AM
I understand the grind.

I am behind due to family care (Dad just got out of hospital, wasn't taking medicine). One of the games I am in just completed.

We will miss Zarina.

Updating next part of battle in a few hours

Starbuck_II
2024-01-31, 01:18 PM
Sorry any that checking this.

My mom fell ill and I was struggling to get online (connection/energy)

Then worse she had cancer further sapping my strength and focus.
Now everything resolved (mostly, chemo) but I'm trying to comeback.

Sorry, for ghosting, we can call it quits since likely you all are doing other stuff.

I really enjoyed DMing you guys, fun seeing Act 1, lot s go on that part alone.

Gyrfalcon
2024-01-31, 02:15 PM
Hey, sorry to hear that your mom has cancer, and glad that it’s being treated. Real life always goes first, and I fully understand that.

If you want to continue, I’m still up for it and you can check how many people are still present and willing - PMs might be handy, I had forgotten that I still had this thread watched.

Archemist
2024-01-31, 02:27 PM
Hey, sorry to hear that your mom has cancer, and glad that it’s being treated. Real life always goes first, and I fully understand that.

If you want to continue, I’m still up for it and you can check how many people are still present and willing - PMs might be handy, I had forgotten that I still had this thread watched.

Same, sounds like you had your priorities in order, so it's all good.

I'd be happy to pick up Mallory again but it's all up to how you'd like to go forward - we were still in the tutorial levels of WotR basically so there's some flexibility there. :smallbiggrin:

Kaworu
2024-02-01, 02:41 PM
Hello ;-)

I hope your mom is getting better? ;-) I can still play the game, ofc ;-)

Starbuck_II
2024-02-04, 07:21 PM
Updated In character

Give me three climb checks DC 10, just to make sure you can do it.

Starbuck_II
2024-02-14, 02:06 PM
Just making sure you all know exp counts
67 + 134 +134 +67+100+80=582

I forgot the story bonus from getting directions from Milthrone: add 60 XP each

I'm posting next NPC dialogue tomorrow

Gyrfalcon
2024-02-24, 12:16 PM
Hm. Anyone have Knowledge (engineering?) If we’re allowed to take 10 on it, that’s a pretty easy one to pass.

Even without, 5x Aid Another and a bomb puts the DC from 9-14, if we have anyone with a good strength score still.

Archemist
2024-02-24, 02:43 PM
I don't have engineering or Miner, but I do have a +2 to Str and willingness to help. :smallsmile:

Kaworu
2024-02-27, 10:58 AM
No engineering either, sorry :-P

Starbuck_II
2024-02-28, 12:26 AM
Well, looks like we are lifting instead.

So Archemist roll a strength check, roll a bomb roll, and I'll assume 5 aid anothers. (+10)

Archemist
2024-02-28, 12:28 AM
Strength check! [roll0]

Apparently Mallory DOES even lift, bro

Gyrfalcon
2024-02-28, 02:20 AM
Bomb check - [roll0]

*edit* Woop, about as good a result as we could want.

Kaworu
2024-03-20, 06:11 PM
My rolls:

Perception: [roll0]

Religion: [roll1]

Rilem
2024-03-20, 06:20 PM
Hey all, new recruit here! Ettiken the Ratfolk Witch (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880401)

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/c261afbb-1184-467a-afaf-f412e9368190/dcur1c2-e1d5a350-c07f-4a96-96ad-aef9d56bff44.png/v1/fill/w_1600,h_900/skahir_by_istrandar_dcur1c2-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI 1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNh NWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMT g4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7 ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzI2MWFmYm ItMTE4NC00NjdhLWFmYWYtZjQxMmU5MzY4MTkwXC9kY3VyMWMy LWUxZDVhMzUwLWMwN2YtNGE5Ni05NmFkLWFlZjlkNTZiZmY0NC 5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTYwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46 c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.igNIan1BN-RHgCsA1dbkRD2UHcTbeVMF_7z_czg27Sw

She ran when the Kite had fallen, when the streets had collapsed into darkness. But then, she'd been running almost since her clan had arrived in Kenabres a generation ago. Run from demons. Run from the witch hunters. Run from the law. Now demons again.

But it was different this time. The city, though it had never loved her, had always offered safety in some corner, some alley. Not this time. So she ran a new way, down into the dark.

Exposed to Awfulness: Ettiken came to Kenabres in year 4698 at age 5 as part of an ill-fated caravan from the Sellen Hills region. Their arrival was punctuated by a demonic attack on the city, leading some to accuse the Ratfolk of hiding invaders from the Worldwound. The truth was never found out, but the caravan's survivors, who lost most of their goods and possessions, were left to scrabble in near-poverty on the streets of Kenabres. (Ettie herself was badly maimed in the attack, and remains scarred to this day.)

Kaworu
2024-03-21, 06:13 PM
Hello? ;-) How are you? :3

Rilem
2024-03-21, 08:41 PM
Hello? ;-) How are you? :3

Doing good! Been following the threads since I pinged Starbuck_II a couple weeks back.

Not sure how IC introduction will go, but it seems like one option would be for Ettiken to have wound up in the village one way or another.

Also, before she jumps in, any thoughts on particular party needs for hexes/patrons? I picked Elements/Condition of All b/c Witch evocation spells lean toward the electric (a bad fit for a demon-heavy campaign), Current Hexes are Evil Eye, Fortune & Cackle (Plus Scar, from Condition of All).

But I'm open to tweaks if there's anything the party needs.

Starbuck_II
2024-03-23, 09:16 AM
Reminder everyone level 2, please level up you characters

Kaworu
2024-03-23, 07:32 PM
As, so we are "advancing" the characters a level? ;-) Will do so when I will find a free moment... :-P

(Unless I forget, oh noes xD)

Gyrfalcon
2024-03-25, 03:59 AM
Welcome to the team, Rilem.

I just realized in years of forum gaming, this is the first time a game has lasted long enough that I've leveled. Most simply fizzle out before that milestone, so well done Starbuck!

Good news, everyone! Melisandre has picked up Infusion, which means she can share her spells with you. Once we're a bit more advanced, fun personal spells are on the table to be shared out.

Rilem
2024-03-30, 10:57 AM
Just a heads-up that I'll be traveling 3/31 to 4/4; I'll be online a bit during that time but am unsure how much.

Starbuck_II
2024-04-05, 10:24 AM
Melisandre and anyone else rooting through the cultists can find:
both wearing masterwork chain shirts
potion of cure light wounds, scroll of cause fear in a pouch.

Each carries 63 gp in a coin pouch.
Unhly symbol of Baphamet (probably worth 50 gp)
Masterwork Glaive
Masterwork Spiked Guantlet

So how is everyone doing with leveling?

Gyrfalcon
2024-04-05, 12:25 PM
Melisandre would take the mwk. spiked gauntlet and chain shirt to use. There are 126gp to split (x) ways, where x = active players.

I’m done with her sheet in terms of leveling.

Kaworu
2024-04-07, 07:16 AM
Rolling my HP per 2nd level:

[roll0]

Okay, my Character Sheet should be complete now - of course, I can be wrong ;-) Please, take a look ;-)